In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Great firsty job!!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 17, 2016
I loved working for this company because the company really takes care of its workers! The pay was great, especially due to the fact that it is a fast food place.

The only con I have is its super fast paced during rushes
Religious Discrimination
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2016
My manager asked me to attend church with her multiple times and it made me incredibly uncomfortable and she proceeded to use her beliefs as leverage as to why she acted the way she did.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Awful and immature behavior towards me from co workers
great work place
order taker (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 13, 2016
great place to work long breaks and a great way to get to know new people. serving is great and making food couldn't be better
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
Great pay and great people.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 11, 2016
Working for In N Out was a great experience. You really appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping a restaurant clean, and making food safe and delicious. Everyone always has a smile, and loves working with their friends. They are very flexible with hours when it comes to scheduling around other work or school. My only problem with them is getting off of work of time. You will be talked to harshly if you are a minute late clocking in, but you will stay an hour to many hours past your clock out time (when your shift is scheduled as over) with no word from your shift manager or store manager. The attitude towards this issue from management felt disrespectful to many employees. In fast food, things can get hectic. But if you can multitask with a smile, the job is yours.
Pros
Free burger for every day you work, good pay, and easy to get paid more (leveling up)
Cons
Never off on time, can't be in uniform outside of break area while on break (changing takes time), white pants are hard to keep white
Fun environment yet learned to work hard
Level 7 Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 9, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of doing a lot of prep in the mornings. Peeling onion, pulling the leaves off the lettuce and cutting them in the correct shape for the protein lettuce wrapped burgers. A lot of time management went into this because one would have to be done by a certain time. In the morning also one would assemble and sanitize the shake machine to make sure it is properly working for the day. By the time it is around 10:00 am, some of the crew shows up and the store opens. It is time to kick it into high gear and get all the produce done and make sure the area where it was done was clean and sparkling. After making sure the money is all completed and inventory is all counted, the manager goes on their 30 minute break. During this time, another manager or level 7 would watch the shift and make sure everything is running smoothly during that half hour time frame. Giving out drawers to associates and organizing how the day is going to go. All day was spent cooking, working the table to dress up the burgers, more produce prep work, and running around helping others. I have learned so much working here; after eight solid years, I learned a lot about time management, organization, being adaptive, responsibility, integrity, honesty, hard work and being over the top with communicating. Management was hard to get too, but I set my mind on it and it was such a great accomplishment. Everything is true about this place, the food is fresh, people are super nice and the management is really well rounded.
Pros
good pay, time goes by fast, awesome co workers, Christmas gifts, store parties, free lunch
Cons
hard to get full time, physically demanding, high stress, closing hours
Fast Pace environment
Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2016
In N Out Burger is an enjoyable place to work. They treat their employees very well by providing decent compensation and flexible schedules. They also provide extra gifts when each store hits their target goals. These gifts can be in the form of store parties or free company merchandise. The company also hosts several sporting events throughout the year that are only available to employees.

The job is very fast pace and the company expects a very high level of customer service and quality food preparation. However, they do a good job of training new associates to meet their standards. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, unstable hours during the slow times
Very fast paced environment
Associate Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Centerville, UTJune 5, 2016
A typical day at this specific store can be crazy. The rush of customers come and go very quickly. Some days there are extremely busy days and working up to 14 to 16 hours weren't uncommon.
Great place to work great pay. Managers could be better.
Clean up crew Nights (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company to work for, employees are great. Hardest part of the job was time management due to so much on the to do list.
Fun and best management
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
I've been with this company since I was 17, I have nothing but positive things to say about this amazing company. The management the co -workers to how much they care about their employes, In n out will alway be my home.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Dirty clothing
Really fun place to work
Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 27, 2016
Food service is great but pizza around you all the time is even better. You can make your on pizza anytime as long as its slow. And when you come home you smell like pizza dough.
Always busy and always happy
Employee - Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 23, 2016
Working for INO is very fast and demanding. You learn how to leverage customer service while providing excellent quality food in a hectic environment. The hardest part of the job is that it is always super busy but that is what makes it fun! The most enjoyable is that everyone is alway uplifting and a team player.
Great first job
Level 7 Associate (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 22, 2016
I have been there for 8 years. You get gifts for being safe at your store every 6 months. There are annual picnics for associates and managers to attend. The management is very strict and are stern on policies and procedures. The grooming and attire is specific. The turn over is small compared to other companies in the industry.
Pros
Free food, great benefits
Cons
No set schedule, must be available, weekends and nights rarely off
Fast pace
Associate (951) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2016
Daily Operations: working cash registers while preparing drinks and reading back orders.
Grounds keeping: Making sure all areas are safe and clean for customers.
Food preparation: Preparing food such as cleaning potatoes, slicing tomatoes and pealing lettuce
Customer Service: Providing quality service in a timely manor while keeping the customer happy.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours are not set
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 16, 2016
Great first job while king through high school. Many family members have a career at the company and talk very highly on how they are treated.
great firts job
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CAMay 9, 2016
In-N-Out Burger is a great job. It teaches you so many things, some things I have learned is communications, customer service, team work. Those are just some stuff I love at about this job. One thing that is hard is always multi-tasking.
Pros
flexible hours
its a great place to learn good work ethic
Clean Up/ Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75074May 6, 2016
good working environment and you learn alot quickly, but invasive on personal life and will take advantage of you if you let them.
Highly positive environment that promotes advances
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2016
Management always strives to keep me working hard and to keep me motivated. Highly flexible schedule which is a great benefit for a student like me.
Pros
Flexible
Fun Place to Be
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 2, 2016
I just started working here a few months ago.

All my coworkers are great! They are positive and helpful people and always answer my questions when I have them.

I also enjoy making the customers feel welcome and cared about.

I like this job a lot.
Pros
Free Burger, Coworkers are Awesome
Cons
Not scheduled as much as I'd like
Positivity can go a long way for a business
Host / Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 29, 2016
In N out would strive to be seem as a positive and healthy environment. No preservatives, all fresh. Everyday with a greeting of a smile, In N Out has made a great name for itself when it comes to costumer service. Each and everyday, you would work with a different group of people, and this became your team. All smiles aboard, and we made things happen. When we had 3 large buses and a line through the drive thru, we kept one another sane. We became one on these small journeys and made it possible and we still maintained calm. In N Outs behavior will forever be instilled in me.
Pros
Free burgers during shift hours, Ability to gain more rewards for accomplishments, and secret shoppers viewing our work ethic.
Awesome place to work!
Manager-4th (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 28, 2016
This company taught me many skills I will continue to utilize in other professions. It is fast paced and micro managed. Micor management may be difficult to some, but it ensures a safe, productive environment. The company is generous to it's associates from company parties to benefits (even part-time associates get part-time benefits).

4.5

Best places to work in
Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
2. In-N-Out Burger
3. Four Seasons
4. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
5. The Walt Disney Company
6. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
View the list