In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

really made good friends, theyre all family
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there it was great pay and my manager seriously was the best manager anyone could ask for, anything I needed he would do for me and was always supportive and positive towards me, did nothing but compliment me. I would recommend if you are a college high school student looking for pretty good hours and pay. it came easy to me but it does take a certain type of person. however one of the managers was nasty and had something against me. it was hostile at times. I left because of her to find out later that she left.
Pros
free food healthcare good pay and hours
Cons
uniform some managers
May seem like we are always happy, but really everyone hates it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
There has to be a reason it is rated as one of the best fast food places to work, but the store I worked at did not reflect it. The pay was definitely nice, with a high starting wage; however, there was a growing discontent with management as they would expect you to work way past your scheduled hours, without ever asking you. Management complained to me about constantly asking to be let out on time because I was looking for an apartment (hard to do if you work 8 hours, 6 days a week, even tougher if those 8 hours turn into 10, even 12 without prior notice).
Great Company to Work For
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 2, 2017
INNOUT is a great company to work for. The start wages at INNOUT is always superior to what is available outside in other job fields. Depending on the hours you work, there are: health benefits, maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days. All employees enjoy gatherings paid entirely by the company, holiday gifts, and volunteer opportunities to help out the community, among other things.
Pros
maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days
Fasted paced, fun work enviroment.
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAFebruary 15, 2017
In-N-Out is a great company that holds true to the value of the costumer, the employer, and the employee. They will go out of their way to ensure the in n out name is known for giving costumers the best experience, one they should come to expect when you walk into the restaurant. To ensure that those experiences are never harsh, in n out provides a comfortable, clean, and very group of workers to facilitate the restaurants. Managers, as well as their staff, are kept up to date with policies and procedures through frequent store meetings where information is not only given, but taken in. Overall most peoples experience working at in n out is the same as anyone eating there. Great.
Great environment that heavily emphasizes teamwork while still encouraging individuals to improve themselves
Cook (Current Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoy working at in n out. My co-workers are my family and I cherish being able to work with them. It is always a positive environment because most the associates truly enjoy being there. In n out is good at hiring the right kind of people, those who can always provide great service with a smile.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
Managers sometimes get switched around a lot
Excellent Company
Entry Level Programmer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2016
In-N-Out Burger might be the best company I have ever worked for. The emphasis on customer service and team member support is not matched by anyone I have ever worked for. This is a company that loves its customers, and loves its team members as well. It does not take long for you to realize that In-N-Out is so much more than burgers, fries, and shakes. They have positions for people have all background and aspirations, and this is a company that will support your goals even if they take you away from the company itself.
Fun and Fast Paced
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 22, 2016
It is not your typical fast food joint, they focus on quality in all aspects of the business. They train you to work fun and work hard! Always stay busy, cross training available to learn and grow with the company. They make sure you learn each part of the job before leaving you to work independently. Communication is key to maintain efficiency, quality and accuracy.
Pros
free lunch, great work environment, washed uniforms, flexible hours, growth opportunities
Cons
you may smell like onions always, tiring work
Amazing company!!!
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Michigan Center, MIDecember 5, 2016
Every single day everyone tries their absolute best to make everyone feel welcome, important, responsible, and valued. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards..All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Amazing upbeat workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 29, 2016
In-N-Out burger is an amazing company to work for. They set high expectations for their associates but they are not hard to meet. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards... short clean unpolished nails, no tattoos, one earring per ear.
Pros
Great fast pace friendly environment
Cons
No tattoos. No piercings
Positive team Oriented atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 21, 2016
A typical day is helping those around you to serve our guests with the Highest quality foods and services in a clean environment. You help develop those around you while setting goals for everyone on a shift and then we all strive to achieve them together as a unit. We get to meet our regular customers and what their interests are. I get to work alongside some of my best friends every single day. I can leave my problems at the door and know that walking into work is going to be a great experience.
Pros
Pay, People, Customers, Flexible Schedules
Cons
N/A
Serious but fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The workplace is no joke. They expect you to be doing something at all times and no horseplay or wasted time is accepted. Training is ongoing so you are always learning new things as you go along. Plenty of Promotions are available too. Pays very well for a fast food place.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great pay, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, very demanding and tiring
Good for moms and preggos
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Within 30 days after probation, you get full benefits for any kids or anything of that nature you may have or are about to have or want to have. I can't stand that sight or smell of an in-out burger because, well, let's face it, they have ZERO variety on the menu and all I did was flip burgers for eight hours straight each day. That said, great benefits, great people.
Nice place to work at however manager become unfair and treatment is not right towards some people
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 17, 2016
I enjoy having this as my first job. Everyone is nice and kind, it's usually loud you'll get use to it most of the time. The customers can be sometime picky and if they'll get their order wrong we get blame for it. Management have change over time I worked here for a year and a half. They have become choosing favorites and become rude to some employees. Overall that need to be change hopefully the coworkers will have your back and are fun to be around.
Pros
Free food every break, nice coworkers, lost of benefits, pay
Cons
Some customers, management, more hours
Productive work place, with camaraderie among associates and managers, potential for advancement in company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood Village, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The job is very fast-paced, which has taught me a lot about multi-tasking and working efficiently in order to manage my time most effectively. We have various goals to meet and get rewarded with parties and free merchandise for meeting those goals.
Energetic and positive environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 15, 2016
Starting at In-N-Out was strangely fun. My managers have always wanted me to succeed, and they constantly seek to train me to do new tasks. The company is great to work for - they really take care of their people. Something difficult about the job - but that I genuinely loved - is the high standards for performance and speed. You are always expected to be improving and doing better.
Pros
Free meals, great pay
They take care of the associates to say the least. Training is extensive and rewarding.
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Working at In-N-Out Burger has been a wonderful experience. The company really prides themselves with their extensive training program. This provides many opportunities to climb up the ladder to management and get raises on the way. They pay well starting out and teach you how to provide the most quality customer service in a high energy and fast paced environment. Management is always really cool and wants to help you improve your skills and succeed. This would be an awesome first job for anyone, the professionalism in the workplace really prepares you for much more than most other companies in the food industry.
Pros
Free meal every shift, 401k, health insurance, flexible scheduling, paid vacation.
Cons
Hard to get full time hours, strict regulations and uniforms.
A great company to work for!
Level 6 associate (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTOctober 31, 2016
Everyday is something different, You work with great people and the managers are amazing. There is plenty of opportunities to advance and receive pay raises. They work great with school schedules and working there is a blast. Only bad thing is most of the time you do not get off on time they will tend to keep you a little longer that what is posted on the schedule.
Pros
Free meal, awesome benefits, great co-workers, awesome pay
Cons
Kept late, can be frustrating
Fun and Great Learning Experience
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 16, 2016
Working at In-n-Out was a great experience, because it taught be a lot about customer service and how to interact with people. It also helped me learn to be quick to adjust to a situation that required fast thinking and reaction time. Finally it had people who were always willing to help and teach you new things that would help you make great progress in the world.
Productive work place, always busy, great at training. Good management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTDecember 10, 2016
I had a great time working at In and Out Burger. I started working there in 2011 immediately I started to train. Worked my way up in to a manager position. I learned do many things!
Pros
Free lunch. Positive environment. Great pay. Flexible schedule. Benefits. Give great rewards.
Cons
Smell like grease.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2016
Management is very supportive and want you to succeed. It's relatively easy to make it from level 1-5, all you have to do is learn a particular skill. after that is management and your store manager must believe you have what it takes. they take great care of their employees.
Pros
supportive, encouraging, and rewarding
Cons
Can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5