In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Was a very fast paced but efficient atmosphere.
Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Everyone has a certain job that they do, which makes it very fast and efficient to work there. Since everyone has a certain job that they do it makes everyone do a better job as well as keep customers taken care of very effectively and quickly.
Pros
Free meal every day that you worked
Cons
Fattening.
good work place
Front counter order taker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I liked the work environment. It is very fast past. You get promotions a lot thought and pay is well. They are always hiring and that causes your hours to be high one week and extremely low the next. short breaks.
Pros
paid well
Cons
hours flexuate
Productive and friendly work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 28, 2016
In-N-Out is by far one of the best companies I've ever worked for. All of the associates are always in a great mood and treat each other like a family. The shift leads also do a tremendous job at making sure the associates learn how to be more efficient and use the best criticism so that they may excel. The company truly cares about every associate and does their best to accommodate them.
Pros
Free meal after every shift, sporting events, 401k plan, medical benefits etc.
productive fun place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 18, 2016
productive fun place to work but management was very poorly organized. Fast paced and very enjoyable co workers. Hardest part was keeping up orders.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Never a dull moment!
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 14, 2016
In-N-Out is an amazing company to work for. A typical day at work would consist of assisting customers and always providing them with amazing customer service. The managers were great role models on the shifts. My co-workers were always up beat and smiling. The hardest part of this job would be the rush hours, but with my managers and co-workers I always got through them with out a problem. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job would be the rush times, because they kept the shifts going.
Pros
great pay, enjoyable co-workers, fast pace
Simply the Best!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I honestly don't have a negative thing to say about In N Out outside of having to close until 2am. If you need a job that expects excellence then come here because it won't dissapoint. Best first job ever!
Pros
Excellence work environment
Cons
late nights
Fast past, fun and busy
In N Out associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Fast past environment that was always busy. Lots of team work involved which had its pros and cons. Fun environment. The management was for the most park good, but because they only hire from within the company there were some managers that didn't have the best people skills.
Pros
one burger a day
Productivity
Associate (Current Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAJanuary 5, 2016
At In-N-Out, I learned how to balance quality and speed to provide the best service. The speed of the operation creates awareness and helps to improve a sense of urgency. Also, I learned how to collaborate with co-workers and provide the best customer service.
Always having something to do.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Standard, INJanuary 4, 2016
In N Out consistently stays busy throughout the whole shift. I have been learning throughout my time at in n out how to pace myself throughout very busy times, and how to prioritize certain aspects of the job to give a satisfying experience and enjoyable produce. My co workers are great people and always enjoy working with them, we can trust one another to help and achieve work oriented goals together.
Pros
Pay
A health conscience fast food restauraunt
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Working for In-n-out Burger lets one become a store manager which is a great career. They are hard working employees that are taught the importance of fresh, clean produce.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
In-N-Out Burger is family owned and their morals show throughout the company.
Key holder/ Safety coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 30, 2015
As an employee at In-N-Out Burger I was treated with respect. I felt like I was apart of their family, management was very professional and helped each employee grow. During a typical day as a Key Holder I be one of the first two people to arrive. Either myself of my associate would let ourselves in through the main dinning doors and deactivate the security alarm. I would then begin my check-list walking throughout the property observing the previous night crews closing habits. Once the check-list has been completed: cleaning patio area, kitchen area, backroom, dressing rooms, refilling chemical solutions, confirming all safety equipment and emergency escape systems were working properly I would then move on to prepping the actual kitchen for opening. I would delegate all opening procedures until actual store management arrived to relieve us.
Pros
Ability to work without supervison and get the job done.
Cons
Early morning shifts.
Plays favorites. Treats you terribly, but pays well
3rd Manager (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 26, 2015
Management is trained to make you feel like you're not good enough. A typical day is full of remarks telling you that you need to get better. I learned a million positive things about operations. Management will never tell you if you are doing good, only point out the negative. Co Workers only wanna know about everyones life and there is a ton of drama.
Productive, fast paced, fun environment
Fry Cook (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CADecember 13, 2015
In-N-Out Burger is a fast paced high intensity work place. Orders are always coming in and going out. As an associate it's my job to make sure these orders are fulfilled as quickly as possible while maintaining a high standard of quality. My job may range from taking customer orders to cooking burgers and fries, but my responsibilities are often more than what is specifically asked of me. It is important to me to take the initiative to help customers feel comfortable and cared for, even if my job description does not specify it.

The most important thing I learned at In-N-Out is to think on my feet - to assess a situation and decide what is a priority and what isn't - a skill that I believe is highly valued in the medical field. Sometimes this can be overwhelming, but that makes it the most rewarding, and therefore, my favorite part of the job. At times it seems like special orders and circumstances appear out of nowhere, but I take pride in being able to handle them efficiency.
Pros
free food, health benefits, advancement, high expectations
Cons
short breaks, high expectations
Amazing work place
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 11, 2015
This company Has given me so many skills how to be friendly, customer service. The management team are always willing to help those who want to be successful.
typical day at work
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 6, 2015
making sure you give nothing but good customer service and only serving the quality you can taste when serving the customers with there food.
Amazing Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CADecember 4, 2015
I love working here! It's amazing and you can also get benefits when you are part time! This is a job for those 16-24 and after that you can move up in the company. Everyone starts at the same level aka level 1. so don't think you have a degree in management that you're gonna be a manager that's not how it works! Which I like because we all start from the bottom and build from the top
Pros
free meal when ever you work, paid picnics, fun work gifts
Cons
One of the best companies I have worked for!
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CANovember 23, 2015
Great people to work with! Good pay! Every shift is constantly busy but seems to go by fast since you are constantly moving!
Pros
free lunch when you work, good pay.
Cons
short breaks, always on your feet
Productive and fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 22, 2015
IN N OUT BURGER is an awesome company who truly works to maintain customer satisfaction. Management is great and co-workers are extremely reliable.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, great benefits
Cons
very busy
Fast pace enviroment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2015
In-n-out is a very fast pace environment. You always have to be on top of things. But our main goal is the customer. I have learned over the years how to properly deal with customers. The company stresses to their employees how important it is to take care of the customer.
Pros
free lunch, flexiable hours
Cons
no healthcare for part-time employees
A typical day at work
In-N-Out Burger Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 20, 2015
Associates show up happy and excited to work. Customer service is always a must, and a spotless, sparkling environment is the best way to give great service. Training is highly encouraged, and there are always opportunities each day to learn more and advance.
Pros
Free lunches, amazing 401K, great health benefits to full-timers, pay raises each level you move up
Cons
Harder to request off during the holidays

4.5