In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fun but not enough hours.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 24, 2017
I loved working here for the first few months and I believe the company is great. I just believe the store I worked at had very unprofessional managers hence why I quit. If you're not a manager or level 7, don't expect to work over 30 hours a week. $12 seems very high minimum wage but you'd only be working less then 20 hours weekly. It's a good job if you like making money quick but not if you need a reliable income.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work as a teen
Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 23, 2017
Definitely a place dedicated to quality. Every product going out had to be perfect. There was always something to do. Anyone over 25 really won't fit in. At least at the location I worked.
Pros
Free lunch, location
Cons
Short breaks, management
Good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2017
Good place to work. Good team support. The most enjoyable experience was interacting with customers, and meeting new people. The culture was fun, and everyone worked well in a team. Our manager was good and trained us well.
fun pace environment
level 7 associates (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 23, 2017
everyday you encounter and test on different situation and learn how to deal with problem solving with customer or associates. sometimes the hours its hard to deal it but I enjoy working with everyone.
fun and fast past
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2017
people come in with little to no work exp. but will move up and learn new skills quickly all depending on your work ethic fast past and hard work but not overwhelming because of the team atmosphere management is very understanding and will try there best to accommodate there employees
Fantastic
Cook/All Star/ Clean Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with In N Out Burger. It is completely customer service oriented so you get to interact with so many people any given day. The company prides itself on the quality of the products it serves, and I very much appreciated the highest standards the company held for me.
Nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 22, 2017
I loved the type of relationship that the workers all have together. It shows the customers that the job is not only fun but you can feel at home while working with them
Very fast pace very fun, hard work job.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 20, 2017
This job was very fun and very challenging at the same time. I met a lot of interesting customers and they made this job so much better. I really enjoy working for the company itself.
Pros
Get raises on how hard you work
Great workplace
Level 5 Cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 20, 2017
Taught fabulous work ethic. Perfect customer service. Well managed and showed the importance of their employees. Great food, great culture, perfect expectations. I loved working for this company and it taught me the most out of all of my jobs.
Pros
people, culture, food, work ethic, care for people
Cons
one harrassment issue, resolved correctly
Fast pace work environment and flexible hours
Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2017
The place is very busy all the time. You have to be fast paced and multitask. It was challenging at first but you will get a hang of it. The working hours are flexible too.
Family
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 19, 2017
In N Out is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They follow policy and they get things done. They put the wants and the needs of the customer first. In N Out is overall the best place to work.
Pros
Free meals. Work Family, positive and fun
Cons
Stressful
fun work place
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 19, 2017
IN-N-OUT was awesome very very clean cooperative and enjoyable to work at. They have great staffing and well cooked food and great presentations. IN-N-OUT also had activities, picnics and team meetings great place loved every minute I was there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great atmosphere with even greater associates and managers
Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 19, 2017
As a lower level Associate, you would be responsible for the drive-thru operations which includes receiving payment and handing out the customer's food and drink(s), providing condiments, extra napkins/straws, drink holders, etc. Management actually cares about you and WANTS you to succeed. They push you to want to be hungry for more knowledge. I leveled up to a Level 3 Associate in the span of 11 months. The Store Manager was unlike any manager I've had before. They were more than just the person who tells you what to do. I could go to them for guidance, or just to chat. All the managers were like that. Lynsi Snyder is such a great CEO and has made sure In-N-Out Burger continues to be the best company out there supplying the most top tier Customer Service. I enjoyed my time there, I really did. I never thought I'd enjoy a job as much as I did at In-N-Out.
Pros
free burger (as much as a double double (not to exceed a double double)), free drinks (shakes not included)), opportunities to volunteer at company events
Fast paced fun hard working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 18, 2017
It was a fun fast paced job where you have growth quickly if your learn quickly. The job is militant but fun to work with a team to common overall goal.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Worked for 3 months
Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2017
Very fast past and always busy and doing something. There is no time for standing around. Even when everything is stocked up, there can still be things to do like prep food to be placed into the walk in refrigerator to be used later or take out trash as well as check on customers!!
productive and fun work environment
Shift Lead/Leadership Duties (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 16, 2017
Working at IN N OUT BURGER (INO) for almost 11 years now has been quite and adventure. INO, is a great company to work for and there is tons of opportunity to move up into management. Although, I have to say, working in a fast-paced work environment is not for everyone. The hardest part of the job is getting used to working under pressure. On the bright side, one learns so much and can apply those skills in many different other jobs. Good luck!
Pros
Free meal every day you work
Cons
you only get one 10 min break for part-time associates
fast pace but fun workplace
Level 7 Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 16, 2017
In N Out is a great place to work. We are all family which makes working fun. You create so many wonderful relationships with not only associates but managers as well. They are very understanding with personal issues and time off. They are very flexible with hours and will work around school schedules, other job schedules, etc. I would recommend In N Out to anyone looking for a part-time job and eventually full-time.
Pros
free food, growing friendships, fun, great customer service
Cons
stressful at times
Fun place to work; quick pace; busy
Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 14, 2017
In-N-Out was a fun place to work for the most part. Everyone was like a family and most of the time got along. It was quick pace and I was always on my feet doing something. I had to deal with a lot of frustrated customers from time to time. Multitasking was something everyone had to learn how to do.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
fast paced but fun need to be on your toes at all times
Associate level 5 (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2017
great place to work you will meet great people
time goes by pretty fast
you must be able to multitask pretty much at all times
you always work as a team and try to help others as much as possible
push for your higher level certifications that is how you get paid more
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAJune 14, 2017
This company truly builds character and makes you proud to work for an organization who have a great purpose for the community. Teaches you how to stay clean cut , providing quality at a fast pace.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3