In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employer Reviews

High-energy fun place to work
Level 4 Sales Associate (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free burger, fries and drinks on a working shift!
The hardest part of the job is maintaining quality with speed of service.
friendly environment
Fry cook (Current Employee), 5100 stcokdale hwy bakersfield ca 93309January 28, 2015
very fast pace job
learned how to multitask
my co- workers are amazing
love the fact that I can make customers or co-workers laugh and smile.
the hardest part is dealing with pressure when we are in a rush.
fun
Level 6 (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits and free lunches
Cons: work hours
Hard work but rewarding. Good management, fast past environment and fun people to work with.
Productive, fun, team environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cabazon, CAJanuary 21, 2015
You get to learned different positions over time as you move up levels. Through out a shift you work different positions, you are always learning something new. Team atmosphere, you need to be able to communicate and work with different personalities.
Fast pace and friendly
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 14, 2015
It was a very fast pace place to work at. Very few opportunities to break. I developed a good work ethic and worked with a team to get our product to the customers.
Great place to work as a teen or start a career!
Team Member (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free meal, good pay, fun environment, respectable company
Cons: lots of standing and walking, smell like burgers
In-N-Out teaches its employees what it takes to be successful. And the lessons apply to many fields such as teamwork, customer service, leadership, and hardwork. The energy working at In-N-Out is incredible and you'll make lasting friendships. Free meals and good pay are part of the job. There is a lot of moving and you'll smell like burgers at the end of your shift. Fast-paced, great leaders and a career path if you choose so. I highly recommend working at In-N-Out as a high school job or career path if you want to be in the restaurant business.
Solid College job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seal Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2015
This place is an excellent place to work while in college. They are very flexible around your schedule and will work with you. There is definitely favoritism when it comes to advancement especially into management. When you are hired they make it seem like anyone can advance into management which is simply not true. People only discover this after pouring a few years into the company. Job security for associates and managers is virtually non existent. I have seen associates of over 30 years fired for a minor offense, same goes for management.
Customer service at its best with opportunities for employee advancement
Manager (Former Employee), Covina, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: opportunities for advancement and workers feel like family.
Cons: long hours. small work environment at times.
A typical day at work involved practicing good customer service, training employees, and handling problems as they arose.

I learned to respect employees and customers alike.

I helped my co-workers learn the value and importance of teamwork.

The hardest part of my job was the requirement of working long hours and not having as much family time as I would have liked.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and meeting new people.
Productive, Fast Paced, and Great Quality Burgers
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Dysart, AvondaleJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at In-N-Out Burger would be you working in a fast paced environment. They will start you off at the basics either dining room or having your own terminal. The management is great because they will follow the procedures and still help you out with your needs. The Co-workers are friendly and Genuine. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is the cook because they are the heart and soul of the company, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be the pay window.
Productive and fun work place
Level 6-Cook (Former Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch and lots of perks
Cons: closing shifts from 5pm to 2am can ware a person out, if they are working the same hours constantly
The line up tells you what position you have been placed at for the day. I learned a lot about customer service, the customer is always right. It was really fun working with friends as my co-workers and feels like a second home. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was willing to work hard to get through the rush at lunch and dinner time, without everyone's cooperation, the quality would decrease and so would everyone's attitude. THe most enjoyable part was the encouragement we received throughout the day.
Amazing company
Store Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 31, 2014
I love working at innout burger. The associates at innout burger are wonderful caring people. Its a very respectable company who always goes out of their way to take care of every single customer and employee. They are take care of their community by doing charities. Job can get very stressful and demands you to really focus and multitask.
Fast-paced, stressful, rewarding
4th Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free meals, great pay, great benefits, great culture
Cons: stressful, 0 work/life balance for full timers, management can very from great to horrible
The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and babysitting young workers who don't see In N Out as a career. A store manager will definitely make six figures but it takes an average of 10 years to get there. Once at a management level, you are transferred from store to store in the division at the discretion of your division manager. It can be a rewarding career, but In N Out really does make you work for the money. Most managers start getting grey hairs or begin losing their hair in the late twenties.
Productive and Efficient Work Place
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaDecember 21, 2014
A typical day at In N Out Burger depends on what position you are working. If you are a cashier you count your drawer, take orders, calling out specific orders to the cooks, clean dining room, clean around registers, help call and hand out orders, count your drawer again and leave.

If you are working pay window (charging out customers through the drive through) you are processing payment after correctly repeating back the order, cleaning dishes (which are constantly coming in throughout the busy times), preparing tomatoes for burgers (cleaning & slicing). You also need to count the register when you start work and right before you clock out

If you are working the drive through corner you take orders through the headset, make drinks, and hand out food at the same time. You also help hand out counter order food (those that park and come in to order) if you are not busy, and calling out specific orders to the cooks.

If you work the fry station you are making sure you have a full sink of fries (raw diced potatoes sitting in clean water to wash off the starch) and a full spin up (raw diced potatoes spun to dry ready for frying), dropping the correct amount of fries that coordinates with the incoming orders, maintaining a clean station and practicing safe working habits, properly proportioning fries and making cheese fries or animal fries when necessary, and sometimes calling out orders if not too busy.

If you are working board (assembling the burgers) you are to make sure you area is fully stocked, and assemble the burgers as fast as they are coming off. The speed depends on – more... the business of the store and the person cooking the patties. You are prepping the bottom buns as soon as you get the order tags placed in front of you in your area, wrapping them, bagging them, and calling out to have the orders picked up & brought to the hand out table, which is where the fries are. This is done all at the same time in an assembly line like fashion where you are the only one handling many tasks at the same time.

If you are the cook you need to make sure you are dropping meat down on the grill according to the orders. You have to make sure you are not creating much waste by not dropping too early or too late. You are also paying attention to your board person and working with them to get the food out properly, if that person is too slow it is your job to assist or say something to get them replaced if they are getting too overwhelmed.

Everybody is expected to provide excellent customer service and hot, fresh food delivered in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job for me was working fries, because I never got to be a cook and loved working board. A lot of times you were by yourself working fries and it is very difficult to have to dice your own potatoes, spin them to be ready for frying, and drop enough fries for upcoming burgers all at the same time. It is as if you have to be two people at one time.

The most enjoyable part was the amazing organization and team work we all exhibited. We all worked like a well oil machine, with some minor bumps, but overall the organization allowed for great productivity, efficiency, and most importantly great customer service. I also loved working with a lot of my co workers and developed some friendships throughout my days of working there. – less
Great job while going to school
Person can handle all of the following; Cashier (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: free meal, accomodating hours.
Cons: physically and psychological stressful. part time employees get little to no benefits.
I started this job many years ago while attending college and they were wonderful about allowing me to work the hours I required while balancing my academic studies. The management team is very accomodating when talking about balancing time and work. The work environment is extremely fast paced and it takes time to adjust to the constant movements in close quarters. The management team is very passionate about having all associates learn more every day and advance their job positions. You even get a free burger once per shift. All in all, great place to work while going to school! Anybody looking for a part time to full time job while wanting free time to pursue an education, In N Out could be right for you.
Serving customers
Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaDecember 8, 2014
Typical day would be: handing with customers and taking orders, organizing the work environment, working in a fast pace environment, general labor. Management maintained the store really well. My co-workers were a fun young crowd that worked as a team. The most hardest part about the job is to keep up with the large crowds of customers and having to deal with multitasking. The most enjoyable part is to work with your friends and family acting as a team.
A day in a life of an In-n-Out Employee
Level 7 Cook (Former Employee), Alhambra, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about the buisness and a lot of people in the buisness
Cons: stressful at times.
A typical day would start by start by getting the store ready to open. Then open the doors just before 10. And start serving the regular customers that come in everyday. Those were some of my favorite customers. Usually didn't see Managers again until 11:30 or 12:00 because they would be in the office doing paper work unless we were short staffed in the morning.The hardest part of the job is working the corner by your self handing out orders getting chewed out to move the cars. But your waiting on the car to move, or something is wrong with their order and your trying to fix it. The most enjoyable parts is when we actually have fun in the stand and get all the orders out.
This was great experience.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 25, 2014
The co-workers and the supervisors were very nice to work with. They taught me a lot and gave me the opportunity to branch off into other aspects of the job. I learned valuable life skills.
A day at In-N-OuT Burger
Leader, Service Associate, Cook (Former Employee), Downey, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: fun, free food, build friendships, family picnics
Cons: short hours, hard to be full time
Many believe that INO is just a "burger joint" but INO is so much more; INO is known for it's business, extremely busy, yet their associates manage to keep calm always serving smiles. INO always has opportunity for growth and along the way you get to build a foundation of family within co-workers.
In N Out Burger
Cashier - Count (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CANovember 18, 2014
customer service
cook and prep
answering calls
working as a team
work well under pressure
Fun and Challenging place to work, the company takes excellent care of employees.
Level 4 Store Associate (Current Employee), Tracy, CANovember 17, 2014
Always busy and high energy environment. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to work as a team with some amazing associates. They make working there fun and exciting.

1 2 3 4 5

About In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations in the western United States. Founded in 1948 by Harry – Read more