In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to Be
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 2, 2016
I just started working here a few months ago.

All my coworkers are great! They are positive and helpful people and always answer my questions when I have them.

I also enjoy making the customers feel welcome and cared about.

I like this job a lot.
Pros
Free Burger, Coworkers are Awesome
Cons
Not scheduled as much as I'd like
Positivity can go a long way for a business
Host / Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 29, 2016
In N out would strive to be seem as a positive and healthy environment. No preservatives, all fresh. Everyday with a greeting of a smile, In N Out has made a great name for itself when it comes to costumer service. Each and everyday, you would work with a different group of people, and this became your team. All smiles aboard, and we made things happen. When we had 3 large buses and a line through the drive thru, we kept one another sane. We became one on these small journeys and made it possible and we still maintained calm. In N Outs behavior will forever be instilled in me.
Pros
Free burgers during shift hours, Ability to gain more rewards for accomplishments, and secret shoppers viewing our work ethic.
Awesome place to work!
Manager-4th (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 28, 2016
This company taught me many skills I will continue to utilize in other professions. It is fast paced and micro managed. Micor management may be difficult to some, but it ensures a safe, productive environment. The company is generous to it's associates from company parties to benefits (even part-time associates get part-time benefits).
Overall great place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 25, 2016
be prepared to multi-task for all or most of your shift
has proven to be an invaluable source of experience in learning customer service and the value of hard work
made me love working hard and almost unable to be unproductive
mostly friendly atmosphere
can be stressful if you don't know how to multi-task for work in an extremely busy environment
managers expect a lot from you, but they really do care about you
the best part of the job is what it has provided me with ( job security, great experience, ability to improve my work ethic)
Pros
free meal, great pay
Cons
high stress
Fun and productive workplace
Food Handler and Server (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 23, 2016
Working an In N Out was a great opportunity for me. I formed great relationships with my coworkers which made it really easy to come to work. The management always kept a positive vibe throughout the day. I gained amazing customer service skills and some management skills. The hardest part of this job was the craziness that came along with the rushes, but my coworkers made it worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, work parties, benefits
Cons
short breaks, heat
Fair workplace
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 23, 2016
Crazy hours. Sometimes 1 am or 5 am working on maintaining the restaurant clean. Team work was not so good. Couldn't rely on my coworkers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
bad team work
Hard-working and overall positive atmosphere
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 21, 2016
I personally loved the eight months that I spent working at In-N-Out. It was easy to advance and get raises by working hard and the managers are all very encouraging and fun.
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
no sitting
Fast pace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAApril 16, 2016
Very good company to work for. They pay very well for the industry and take care of you. Management career can earn you 100k +.
Pros
free food, benefits
Best job for newbies
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2016
In N Out is typically busy and while it is just fast food, a lot is still expected from you. You get frequent feedback and constructive criticism, and you are compensated nicely. It is a lot of fun to work at INO since everyone is doing their job and smiling while doing it
Cons
its ALWAYS busy
Fast paced and always new customers everyday
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91502April 8, 2016
A typical day at work is to sign in with your pin number then stretch and then you get assigned to either dining room, cashier, fry cook, board, or even grill and thats all in order of the different positions. Everyone starts off at level 1 and works themselves up to level 6 which is the best for many people think but after that it becomes 4th manager, then 3rd,2nd and finally the store manager. What i learned is that working hard is not easy. working with your brain is a lot easier then body because then I've had so many back pains its unbelievable i can't explain how bad it hurts and also the amount of friends you make with the customers and your colleagues. All my coworkers were a family to me, if they yelled at me because i did something wrong is not only because thats their job to make sure i do it correctly but also because they care. They hardest part of the job was controlling your use of words in the workplace and anger but for me it doesn't matter cause I'm always happy and words don't offend me. The best part was going to work and seeing whom I'm working with and what position I'm going to do. Overall it was one of the best years of my life that i spent at IN-N-Out, and ill never forget those friends I've made and the ones that I'm still close too
Pros
free burgers and fries
Cons
short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAApril 8, 2016
everyday was a great day at work! i loved the boss the associates the managers and the pay! for a burger joint they pay really good because of the service provided, everything about in n out was always top notch. we worked as a team on the clock and off the clock at events and meetings. everything about this job was an amazing experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun Workplace
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 4, 2016
My typical day I work I would arrive at my scheduled shift time get dressed then clock in. I look at the "line-up" which is what tells us where we will be for the day. I go straight to that position and get ready to work. There is never a down moment. We are always moving finding something to do. Everyone that works there is overall very friendly and cares about the customer.
Pros
Free burger when you work
Great place to eat, challenging place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89147April 4, 2016
They make a great burgers, but the fast-food kitchen is not the place for me. I struggled with keeping up with the demand and in the end got overwhelmed with my duties.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent rules and regulations depending on the manager running the shift
Fast-paced work environment.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 1, 2016
Working at In N Out burger has been a good experience for me, it has taught me to handle situations in a very calm manner. Patience is essential if one wants to work for this company.
Pros
Free burger, fun activities throughout the year.
Cons
You only get a 10 minute break and work 6 hours when you're part-time.
productive and fun work place. alot like a family
level 3/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2016
Speak with customers, expect and handle money, while also washing dishes and working fries. Learned to keep a positive out look no matter if it is a hectic or easy day. Management was fun loving although some managers where fired for the personal habits. hardest part of the job was fries in my opinion only because i had to guess how many fries to put in the fryer and how long to keep them in but once i established a good rhythm things would become easier.
Pros
learned productive skills while keeping a positive mood and out look.
Cons
no real complaints
Great first job!
Board Person (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 30, 2016
I loved working at In-N-Out. It got me on my feet and into the workforce. I learned about customer service, working quickly and efficiently, and time management.
The management depends on which location you are at, but overall you do have at least 1 manager that is fair and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when it gets very busy and there are not enough associates on the floor.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, may not get the schedule you want for the week
Good college job
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
Hours are pretty flexible and associates are always fun. You can always move up positions but once you get higher, the longer it takes to move up and get full-time.
Fast Paced and Stressful
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 17, 2016
When managers are on the floor I cook burgers. This means that I have the responsibility of the stores flow on my shoulders. When they are not on the floor, then I delegate jobs to associates in order to keep the flow going smoothly and diligently. I have learned how to talk to others and that each person responds to different types of motivation. Due to this environment, I have learned to not shy from stressful situations, but rise above and be the person that people can look to, to delegate the tasks and keep the business flowing. But this stress can cause communication problems between other coworkers. It is very easy to take things the wrong way and depending on other peoples moods, it can dictate their response to your authority.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the younger kids that work there. Because this is a good starter job, many high school kids work there and I sometimes forget that they are kids, and they still have attitudes. The hardest part is also the most enjoyable. I work with some great people, and I have made lifelong friends from this job. I have also had the opportunity to meet great customers that are regulars and know me by name when they come in.
Pros
Free food, great benefits, and good pay
Cons
Physically draining, mentally draining
Productive hard working environment with many tasks to be done
Cashier/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 16, 2016
At In-N-Out, we have to make sure the food is prepared up to customers standards, the customer is happy and taken care of by great customer service, and make sure the work environment is clean and properly working. I would help make the burgers, fries, drinks, take orders/ handle money, and see if any of my associates needed help with their job on a typical day. It is a very team oriented atmosphere, therefore communication is a skill I am use to, and am able to handle pressure, since it is always busy. My co workers are easy to get along with and are there to help each other in need. The hardest part about the job is the labor. The days are hectic and can cause physical pain in the back. Also, the hours, staying open until 1 in the morning, can be difficult to enjoy. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and getting the satisfaction that a customer is happy with their experience. The associates there are great and have made many long term friendships.
Pros
Free Meals, health, dental, and eye care benefits
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, poor management
Great job with great opportunties for growth.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. This is a very professional company that takes a lot of pride in being the best at what they do and serves excellent quality food and customer service. This job offers a bright future with many benefits.This job has taught me how to deliver great customer service, how to work well under pressure, how to properly manage my time, how to cook a good quality product, and how to properly handle cash flow. Although it is difficult to leave work at work with this company because it demands much of your time so I felt the need to pursue a career in a different field.
Pros
treats every associate like family. Christmas gifts, holidays off, free food, annual company picnic, gifts for being accident free, health benefits.. etc
Cons
No home life. Little to none, time off.

4.5