In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Very fast pace.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 6, 2016
Loved every minute i worked there. Everyone got along with each other. Great place to work for. Constantly working on your feet. Never a dull moment. Learned a lot of new things.
Its a great place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZDecember 6, 2016
This place is great to work at a very happy environment the employer are amazing and they work really hard for you and a very friendly place to go and work
Amazing company!!!
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Michigan Center, MIDecember 5, 2016
Every single day everyone tries their absolute best to make everyone feel welcome, important, responsible, and valued. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards..All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Fast-paced Fast food restaurant
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 1, 2016
I loved working at In-N-Out Burger. I've worked for the company off-and-on for over 5 years. My coworkers were awesome and I still keep in close contact with many of them, the workplace was fast-paced yet it ran smooth thanks to these awesome coworkers and managers. I dealt a lot with interacting with customers. I was both a counter and drive-thru cashier and order-taker, I was in the dining area talking to customers and making sure they were having a memorable experience. I have Asperger's Syndrome and struggle with fast hand-eye coordination, which is the main reason why I didn't advance far in the company. I was good at a few positions and my managers would mainly put me on positions because I wasn't as fast enough at the others such as drive-thru or cooking the fries. Overall, I loved my experience working for In-N-Out Burger. It is definitely the best job I've ever had so far in my life.
Pros
Free lunches, great coworkers, great pay
Love this company
Dining Room/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 1, 2016
This place is a varied job, I would either work the cash register, stay cleaning the dinning from all day and or taking orders in the drive through, along with cooking up the frys and or dress and wrap the burgers. A lot of customer service constant standing for 6-8 hours and non stop communication with employees and customers.
Excellent Training
Level 2 Associate (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CANovember 30, 2016
This was my first real job. I cannot express how valuable the training that I received there has been. Every time I go in for a job interview, I am always asked about my experience working for IN-N-OUT because their reputation precedes them. All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Amazing upbeat workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 29, 2016
In-N-Out burger is an amazing company to work for. They set high expectations for their associates but they are not hard to meet. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards... short clean unpolished nails, no tattoos, one earring per ear.
Pros
Great fast pace friendly environment
Cons
No tattoos. No piercings
Fun place!
Level III Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 28, 2016
I had alot of fun at this location and learned alot about myself and team work groups. My co-workers were very involved in each others personal lives, which was hard for me to handle, but it made the work day more interesting.
Pros
Free Burger a shift
Cons
Shifted hours
Strong Teamwork
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CANovember 23, 2016
Every single day everyone tries their absolute best to make everyone feel welcome, important, responsible, and valued. Moving up in the company is frequent and absolutely hoped for by everyone.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules, strong leaders
Cons
short breaks, long hours, standing for whole shift
Positive team Oriented atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 21, 2016
A typical day is helping those around you to serve our guests with the Highest quality foods and services in a clean environment. You help develop those around you while setting goals for everyone on a shift and then we all strive to achieve them together as a unit. We get to meet our regular customers and what their interests are. I get to work alongside some of my best friends every single day. I can leave my problems at the door and know that walking into work is going to be a great experience.
Pros
Pay, People, Customers, Flexible Schedules
Cons
N/A
Very efficient and work ethic is recognized so well!.
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTNovember 17, 2016
Fun place to work because of the people and nature of job is relatively simple. The fast pace and awareness of the managers to make sure you get your breaks on time is amazing.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
Demanding and rude customers.
Nice place to work at however manager become unfair and treatment is not right towards some people
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 17, 2016
I enjoy having this as my first job. Everyone is nice and kind, it's usually loud you'll get use to it most of the time. The customers can be sometime picky and if they'll get their order wrong we get blame for it. Management have change over time I worked here for a year and a half. They have become choosing favorites and become rude to some employees. Overall that need to be change hopefully the coworkers will have your back and are fun to be around.
Pros
Free food every break, nice coworkers, lost of benefits, pay
Cons
Some customers, management, more hours
Fun and Great Learning Experience
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 16, 2016
Working at In-n-Out was a great experience, because it taught be a lot about customer service and how to interact with people. It also helped me learn to be quick to adjust to a situation that required fast thinking and reaction time. Finally it had people who were always willing to help and teach you new things that would help you make great progress in the world.
Energetic and positive environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 15, 2016
Starting at In-N-Out was strangely fun. My managers have always wanted me to succeed, and they constantly seek to train me to do new tasks. The company is great to work for - they really take care of their people. Something difficult about the job - but that I genuinely loved - is the high standards for performance and speed. You are always expected to be improving and doing better.
Pros
Free meals, great pay
Productive fun workplace.
Sports Coach (Current Employee) –  Kerman, CANovember 14, 2016
I love that were are able to have a one on one interaction with the customer and ensure they receive the highest quality product we have to over. I love that my coworkers work together as a team and everyone steps up to help everyone else around.
Pros
Awards, Raises, Free Burger per shift.
Cons
Short breaks
Fun,Fast paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 7, 2016
Working at In N Out Burger has shown me what moral in the work place is. The hardest part of the job is the schedule, although they are very flexible with part timers, as a manager you dont have as much control of your schedule. I loved how devoted in n out is to there customers and the well being of the associates.
Friendly, growth-focused workplace with good pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 2, 2016
I have worked for this company for two years and have enjoyed my time there thus far. Great part-time job for anyone in school with a busy life. The pay is good and the company teaches its employees important values that they can take with them anywhere they go.
Great job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working in this fast paced career. There was plenty of room for growth within the compamy. I looked forward to work everyday and not many can say that.
Great company
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90024November 1, 2016
Good, loyal, company with high integrity. High opportunity for advancement and advancement is encouraged. Excellent morale. Great family environment for employees.
A great company to work for!
Level 6 associate (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTOctober 31, 2016
Everyday is something different, You work with great people and the managers are amazing. There is plenty of opportunities to advance and receive pay raises. They work great with school schedules and working there is a blast. Only bad thing is most of the time you do not get off on time they will tend to keep you a little longer that what is posted on the schedule.
Pros
Free meal, awesome benefits, great co-workers, awesome pay
Cons
Kept late, can be frustrating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5