In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

very fast and hard
Associate (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CASeptember 23, 2017
If you have the energy then this is the place to be. But it does not encourage students to stay in school. It is very competitive. And could be stressful
Fun place to work at with really fun, nice people.
Level 4 Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
Working at in n out has been a very fun experience for me, I love working with all of my friends there. We keep stressful situations very calm and as stress free as possible. The managers are great and treat everyone fairly. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Very fast paced, but friendly work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job changes depending on what level you are. Higher levels struggle with new employees not doing their jobs correctly or efficiently enough. Lower levels struggle with getting used to the fast pace and overall business of this store specifically.

Managers are friendly and encourage training to advance associates to higher levels.

The culture at In N Out Burger is very friendly. It is more of a small community rather than a job. You connect with people not just from your own store, but with people from all stores.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am working for a good company that respects all of its customers, all of its employees, and serves great food.
Quick-paced, high quality company
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CASeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed the pace of work at INO. The store manager was great at his job and very approachable. With associates being able to move up levels, there was room for advancement and growth from the very start.
Pros
Free meal each shift, started $1.50 above minimum wage
Stressfull yet motivating
Coordinator/Kitchen & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CA 92832September 20, 2017
This job is not for an average person looking for a daytime job. This job creates competition but also motivation to go further and to work hard. It creates a good atmosphere between the associates allowing a family to be created as well as further job opportunities.
Pros
free food every shift, good pay, pushed you.
Cons
hard physical work, long days, inconsistant hours
Horrible
Fast Food (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 19, 2017
Everyone fights to move up. its really cut throat and mangers suck so bad and shifts always are ruined. Working there in the beginning is good but after 1 year + it begins to be a hassle everyday you go in and hear mangers talking sh--- or associates who just hate everyone cause they aren't begin moved up.
Pros
free lunch after you work
Cons
Having to work there
Great place to Work
In-N-Out Associate (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CASeptember 19, 2017
Working here is very stressful but also extremely fun. The fast paced environment is stressful but super fun, especially when working with people you love.
Pros
Free food! Great experiences
Customer service and food
Associate (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 18, 2017
There's normally always something to do, not very much down time. You must know how to multi-task in a face paced environment. Everyone is normally very friendly and welcoming. I enjoy interacting with customers!
Pros
Free burgers
Cons
Short breaks
fun and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 18, 2017
I loved working here its a great place to work and plenty of room to move up great benefits and friendly co-workers fast paced so time goes by fast! loved the managment
Fast paced, possitive environment!
Level 7 associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 15, 2017
Best type of employee to thrive in growth with this company is one that is single and have open availability with the motivation to exceed. Best candidates for higher are those with positive attitudes that thrive in a fast pace environment and show initiative.
Pros
ability to move up the lower levels
Cons
harder to get into management.
Great Place to Grow
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 14, 2017
If you want a place that will push you to be better, In N Out is the place to work. They make sure to allow you to advance and the pay is great. The only issue is once you hit a certain level you feel stuck and sometimes management isn't as thorough with what they would like to see you improve on.
Pros
Fun, past-pace, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Requires In N Out to be a top priority even though one might have school and other involvement.
Fast-paced job and has a great culture with great opportunities to move ip
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
awesome company. great management because everyone in the store has started in the same position you're in. culture is awesome and a lot of opportunity to move up and make good money.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, flexible schedule, good management
Cons
stressful, demanding
The most fun I've had working.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 14, 2017
Fast paced and lots of fun. Definitely dominated by the younger crowed but everyone is always welcoming and super helpful. The culture is fantastic with the managers working the grill.
My experience
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2017
I was adept at taking customers’ orders, because I was always an amiable people-person, paid close attention to the customer's behaviors, and clarified possible misunderstandings. Due to my skills the team worked effectively, time and food resources weren't wasted, and the customer received the experience they came for. I excelled at prioritizing tasks and maintaining a level of excellence in my work, even when short staffed.
Great college job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work and they work with school schedules well. You can work full time as a level 6 or part time level 1-6. They're all about advancing individuals.
Pros
Free food great pay
Cons
Stressful
Great first job
Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CASeptember 11, 2017
Room to grow very friendly and really seem to care about associates! Get Christmas gifts every year and safety prizes 3 times a year. Free food when work. Very flexible hours. The only thing is there is not avilabilty to become full time unless someone leaves and u work there longer than everyone else.
Pros
Free lunch room to grow friendly
Cons
Not full time
Challenging, Dynamic, Upbeat Worklpace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 9, 2017
In n Out is a great place to work if you're willing to work hard everyday. If you're not punctual, dedicated, and hard working, don't apply to work here, you won't last. If you do have those qualities, it is a very rewarding job with great, clear opportunities for raises and or managerial advancement.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of work, short breaks
Fast paced but still enjoyable
Sales Associate/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
Because it was so popular of a chain, there were few instances that I can count as "slow days". The co-workers are the best part of the job though. I know they helped keep me sane throughout everything. You get thrown into the deep end pretty quick, but it's not a bad way to learn. I surprised myself with how quick I picked everything up. All in all it's a great opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
One free meal everyday
Cons
Short breaks and always hectic.
The awesomest place on earth
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
On top of the free double doubles on work days the pay was very above the market and the people are amazing. I would say this is one of the best places to work for as far as careers go
good work environment
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 7, 2017
working there was a good amount of fun although it usually was high-paced and busy. lots of opportunities to get promotions and my general manager was always helpful with anything I needed.
only thing I hated was how we only had 10 minutes to eat on our lunch break, so we basically had to shove food down our throats and get back to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2