In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

In-n-out
Cook and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CASeptember 21, 2016
IN-N-OUT is a great company to be in. I have been with the company for four great years. I learned responsibility and have made really good friends. This job is very challenging being that we do physically exhausting things every day, heavy lifting and a bunch of running around, yet it is a great time.
Administrative Assistant IT Department
Assistant to the Director of IT, Department Admin (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2016
Good co-workers, and great company ethics. The company was very fair to employees; offered great compensation. Benefit package was very generous.
Overall great working experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 14, 2016
Working at In-N-Out taught me many valuable skills and lessons I needed to know in the work field. Considering that it was my first job, I learned how to multi-task, work cohesively with a group of up to 15 people, and to be very time efficient in my duties. Management was very kind and understanding, but also strictly adhered to company policies. The hardest part of the job would have to be the high-volume of customers we would have, and completing all the various tasks in a timely but correct fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the environment created by In-N-Out Burgers, as all of my co-workers were easy-going and relatively easy to get along with.
Pros
Very understanding staff and flexible work hours.
Cons
Short breaks and no worker discounts.
Several positive factors
Associate Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CASeptember 14, 2016
Multitasking, managements training, customer service. We learn how to deal with different environments at the same time. Busy one hour and then slow for 10 minutes. Pretty fun
Productive, Fast paced job, with many benefits to being an associate.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 12, 2016
There seemed to be a lot of bullying by the upper levels at the in-n-out I worked at. Often at times me and few co-workers who have all quit by now dreaded going into the kitchen knowing certain associates would be there. Managment was good, things stayed organized and good in the kitchen, however as far as treatment goes our Managers, seems to me, that they picked favorites and I, unfortunately, was not one of them... Didn't make for a very healthy environment. But like always, just ignore the hate and keep that beautiful smile on your face!
Pros
Free meals when you work
Cons
Short breaks
Best Job
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 10, 2016
I worked so hard at In n Out. There is no better place to gain a good work ethic and to be a better version of yourself. The daily challenges make you stronger in so many ways. It also was where I found some of the best friends I still have today! I would work at In N Out in a heart beat. The pay is not the highest but for fast food, It's well worth it.
Pros
free burgers, company parties, prizes for saftey
Cons
long days, call outs
Great Environment to work with
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2016
Great company! Management changed almost every year, so we had to get accustom with new managers often. Worked well with school schedule. I feel like it has prepared me to handle difficult situations with customers. I've seen some crazy things at our store(customers).
Also, closing daily at 1AM was hard for me as i had class at 8AM the same day.
Pros
Good pay. awesome associates. sport events.
Cons
10 minute breaks aren't enough, lower the level, the worse it is.
Great environment but poor future
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 7, 2016
The people you work with will be friendly and great to be around. Loved the training too. Very positive.
The managers sometimes don't pay you or schedule for breaks. consistently showed lack of professionalism for labor laws
Great Company
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 5, 2016
Great management that helps you grow in the company. Friendly co-workers. Company really supports you as an individual.
In-N-Out is great company that takes care of their employees
Level 4/ Clean up associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 30, 2016
The store i work at is very busy but i like it because i like to be active. I've learned a lot from this job and I am very thankful for that. i learned how to multitask and work with a sense of urgency while still being a caring and thoughtful associate.
Great place to learn
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great place to learn the foundation of a successful company. Changes come about every 6 months so it is hard to know your standing with upper leadership
Great Job
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
This was my first job so I did not have much work experience. Everyone there is very nice and helpful because you must work as a team. It can get very crazy during the rush hours which makes things a little bit harder and faster. Overall management is very well ran and hours can be flexible. Great pay and benefits come along with the job and there is always room to level up and advance for a raise. Perfect job for someone who is willing to work quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, Great environment, store parties/events
Cons
Working after scheduled time, Non-stop labor
great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 22, 2016
The company is very family oriented and takes very good care of their associates. They offer tons of training and opportunities to move up in the company.
Happy work environment but hard work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 21, 2016
In n Out was a great company to work for. It was the perfect first job for me. The pay was competitive and the food was always delicious. The company works its employees hard but I still always enjoyed myself.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks and long shifts
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 19, 2016
In n out was always fast paced and was mainly about keeping the customers happy. They always do anything to make sure, we fix their mistakes and make them happy. Some people don't know how to give breaks when needed though. Co workers can be nice and some can't treat others right but it's understandable. Everything about this job is enjoyable with the right attitude.
Pros
great customer service
Cons
not giving breaks when needed
productive
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAAugust 18, 2016
When I worked at In-N-Out Burger I learned a lot about how to be productive and muti task in fast pase, stressful situations. I perfected my customer service quality and how to work well with others. I earned five raises with my three years being there.
Pros
free events hosted by In-N-Out
Cons
busy schedule
Productive and fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 13, 2016
Was able to correspond to both school and work while outpace both areas. Started at level one position and left with level three position. Worked at a fast pace everyday. Used PO system to get orders correct from customers. Developed relationships with customers and coworkers. Promoted twice for being punctual and hardworking. Served all customers with a positive and outgoing contagious energy. Always put the customer first.
In-n-Out
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2016
This company is awesome when you are in school. They work with your schedule and are always training you. I would suggest any young person to work here.
It was a fun environment to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTAugust 7, 2016
Working with the associates and customers was fun. The managers were great as well. There were a couple of managers and my boss that didn't respect other things you had going on with school that you had to miss. When it came to calling in sick they weren't very nice about it. There was a couple of times that I had to go in even if i was very sick and had been to the doctors or emergency room that day or the day before.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Making you come in when sick
High stress, fast pace environment where the best part was the coworkers.
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2016
I could easily say i love working for InNOut Burger, but i could also say i hate it. Stressful scenarios such as angry customers and busy days can make it seem not very fun or rewarding. The bonus factor is that the coworkers and managers act more like friends which can make days easier.
Pros
Great coworkers, great benefits, excellent employee compensation
Cons
Amount of stress, random hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5