In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

They take care of the associates to say the least. Training is extensive and rewarding.
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Working at In-N-Out Burger has been a wonderful experience. The company really prides themselves with their extensive training program. This provides many opportunities to climb up the ladder to management and get raises on the way. They pay well starting out and teach you how to provide the most quality customer service in a high energy and fast paced environment. Management is always really cool and wants to help you improve your skills and succeed. This would be an awesome first job for anyone, the professionalism in the workplace really prepares you for much more than most other companies in the food industry.
Pros
Free meal every shift, 401k, health insurance, flexible scheduling, paid vacation.
Cons
Hard to get full time hours, strict regulations and uniforms.
was great until....
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I stayed for a few months. I enjoyed some of the co workers. I loved interacting with customers in dining room. I didnt like how they kept me on level 1 for the longest time. Management could've been stronger and more concerned about your personal life. I did enjoy the free food though. And the energy of my co workers kept me motivated. However I didn't feel supported when I made mistakes. I felt degraded by some. Do I recommend the job? The pay is great and occasionally like at any job you get that irritating customer. Yeah sure I recommend it as a good starting position but not as your career obviously. I think management definitely depends on the location you work at because mine wasn't the best. Felt like favoritism was shown to certain workers. Also wasn't fond of the fact that you sometimes get off much later than you're scheduled. I ended up having to move so that's why I resigned.
Pros
free food, pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
favoritism, shifts go longer than expected
Its a fun, family like oriented enviroment with lots of encoreging, constant training, and a good time
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 24, 2017
In N Out is in my opinion one of the best companies to start out with. For my first job, it was a fantastic learning experience I have met a bunch a fun-loving people along the way most of which whom are still my friends today. You always have an opportunity to train more and progressed forward. The management team is very compliant to schedule requests and changes. And they provide excellent benefits for full and part-time employees, as well as a free burger after every shift.
Incredible
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 2, 2016
Merit-based promotion system where store management positions are guaranteed a minimal $120,000 salary. Honest business model and application. Day to day work consists of intense work pace, with proper break periods given. Associates are extremely well compensated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with high expectation and intense criticism. The best part of the job is the ability to create such a family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Free food when you work
Cons
Grueling work
Great Job
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
This was my first job so I did not have much work experience. Everyone there is very nice and helpful because you must work as a team. It can get very crazy during the rush hours which makes things a little bit harder and faster. Overall management is very well ran and hours can be flexible. Great pay and benefits come along with the job and there is always room to level up and advance for a raise. Perfect job for someone who is willing to work quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, Great environment, store parties/events
Cons
Working after scheduled time, Non-stop labor
Fast paced environment with friendly people
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTOctober 5, 2016
In N' Out Burger overall has been a good place to work. I am a level 5 associate, meaning I moved up levels and almost have my cooking raise. On a typical day at work I would normally be cooking/ dressing burgers, helping customers on the counter, or continuing to learn the money procedures in the back. At this job I learned the value of customer service, cash handling skills, stress management, multitasking, staying productive, and how to work in a fast paced environment. Management was overall very friendly. Managers would often be switched out, so us associated would have to learn to know new people often. My co-workers are the best thing about this job. For the most part, they are very friendly and help in any way they can. The hardest part of this job is probably staying on top of things when it gets busy. Such as keeping everything clean, and staying friendly even though we might be super busy and stressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone I work with ; we are all friends and get along very well. Also, for the most part I loved how fast paced it was because it kept me productive.
Pros
free lunches, co-workers, work parties, good benefits, flexible
Cons
short breaks, angry customers
Nice place to work at however manager become unfair and treatment is not right towards some people
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 17, 2016
I enjoy having this as my first job. Everyone is nice and kind, it's usually loud you'll get use to it most of the time. The customers can be sometime picky and if they'll get their order wrong we get blame for it. Management have change over time I worked here for a year and a half. They have become choosing favorites and become rude to some employees. Overall that need to be change hopefully the coworkers will have your back and are fun to be around.
Pros
Free food every break, nice coworkers, lost of benefits, pay
Cons
Some customers, management, more hours
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
very fast paced
always in view of the customer so you must be careful of what you do.
Must be aware of surroundings to make sure you follow all of the guidelines for safety and sanitation.
Raises come easily if you work hard.
It is a great company to work for, they really appreciate their associates.
Productive and team oriented workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 8, 2016
Workplace gives special attention to its employees. Concerned for any needs of the employees. Shifts workers around during the day to ensure there is no monotony to the job and give a break from same job over and over. Management is friendly and works with employees on any frustrations with job. Job gives raises according to hard work and growing experience. Paid time for meetings, holidays off, and occasional workplace get togethers.
Pros
good management and benefits for employees
Cons
fast paced and occasional bad customer interactions
A great company to work for!
Level 6 associate (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTOctober 31, 2016
Everyday is something different, You work with great people and the managers are amazing. There is plenty of opportunities to advance and receive pay raises. They work great with school schedules and working there is a blast. Only bad thing is most of the time you do not get off on time they will tend to keep you a little longer that what is posted on the schedule.
Pros
Free meal, awesome benefits, great co-workers, awesome pay
Cons
Kept late, can be frustrating
Serious but fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The workplace is no joke. They expect you to be doing something at all times and no horseplay or wasted time is accepted. Training is ongoing so you are always learning new things as you go along. Plenty of Promotions are available too. Pays very well for a fast food place.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great pay, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, very demanding and tiring
Awesome Company, especially for young people entering the workforce.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2016
In-N-Out was my first job and I will have to say, making $12.00/per hour while still in High School was pretty awesome. It is tons of fun and there is plenty of opportunity to advance in the company if it is what you would like to consider as a career.
Pros
Staff, Management, Environment, Food
May seem like we are always happy, but really everyone hates it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
There has to be a reason it is rated as one of the best fast food places to work, but the store I worked at did not reflect it. The pay was definitely nice, with a high starting wage; however, there was a growing discontent with management as they would expect you to work way past your scheduled hours, without ever asking you. Management complained to me about constantly asking to be let out on time because I was looking for an apartment (hard to do if you work 8 hours, 6 days a week, even tougher if those 8 hours turn into 10, even 12 without prior notice).
This place rocks!
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Days usually go by fast. My co workers are all friendly from clean up all the way up to management. When working here you finally get to realize quality food and cleanliness due to the high standards we put into our work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hardest part of it as well. The ability to maintain high quality and freshness is not an easy one for everyone.
Pros
You get a free meal, competitive pay
Productive fun workplace.
Sports Coach (Current Employee) –  Kerman, CANovember 14, 2016
I love that were are able to have a one on one interaction with the customer and ensure they receive the highest quality product we have to over. I love that my coworkers work together as a team and everyone steps up to help everyone else around.
Pros
Awards, Raises, Free Burger per shift.
Cons
Short breaks
Best job ever
3rd manager (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CASeptember 26, 2016
There is no place like In N Out Burger they are best company I ever worked for. I learned so much working there they sent me to business management classes for two years. They constantly invest in you as a person . You would be proud to say you work for in n out.
Pros
Great culture better people
Cons
You have to work in a small space
Very happy and fun environment to work in, and pays great
Store associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2016
In-n-Out has great employees, and well-trained management. Great opportunity for advancement, and great pay for part-time people. Difficult to make a living unless you're in management though.
Great place to work....
Spread Room Technician/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work. Definitely recommend .flexible schedules, benefits, vacation paid, sick days paid, lots of opportunities for advancement in different areas of work...
Always busy yet always fun
Level 6 cook/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2016
A typical day at work was insane but in a good way. We were always rushing around and getting things done but I loved it. Everyone was always in a great mood and all associates kept everyone upbeat and cheerful. I learned so much discipline about time and work ethic. I do not whatsoever regret working here. The management was perfection they were always willing to help all associates out and do so much for the company it was amazing. The hardest part of the job was the rushes. We would possibly get around 500 customers per hour and making sure we never ran out of ingredients was tough, especially if we were short staffed but we never let that bring us down! Everything from the customers and coworkers was just enjoyable for me. Contagious laughs and smiles was what kept everyone going and going. I enjoyed this job very much and definitely recommend it.
Productive and fast-paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 6, 2016
A day at work is usually extremely busy. In N Out Burger enforces quality and expects nothing but the very best from its associates. An associate is expected to treat customers with great attitude and respect. The company takes pride in its quality and in great customer each associate provides to customers. On the other hand, being part of the kitchen team is also extremely challenging. The burgers must show off the quality, and be cooked to the customers desires. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching tourists who come from all over the world take their first bite into their burger. Being able to provide and meet the expectations of our customers brings happiness and joy into the restaurant.
Pros
Free burgers, medical and dental benefits.
Cons
most be in panic mode at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2