In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Its a fun, family like oriented enviroment with lots of encoreging, constant training, and a good time
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 24, 2017
In N Out is in my opinion one of the best companies to start out with. For my first job, it was a fantastic learning experience I have met a bunch a fun-loving people along the way most of which whom are still my friends today. You always have an opportunity to train more and progressed forward. The management team is very compliant to schedule requests and changes. And they provide excellent benefits for full and part-time employees, as well as a free burger after every shift.
In-N-Out is great, but I need a little more
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 27, 2017
In-N-Out is a great job workspace as it has plenty of job advancement opportunities for those inclined to take them, an amazing benefits program, a wonderful employee environment, and a flexible work schedule. These are all wonderful things to receive with a first time job, However, for myself I believe it is time to move on to bigger and better things, mainly because the hardest part of the job is having to deal with customers who don't treat us with any respect.
Pros
Free meals, Paid Vacation, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Long periods of standing, Customers who lack basic manners
In-N-Out is fun but tough
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2017
In-N-Out is a good company to work for in terms of how they treat employees and their benefits are very helpful. The team atmosphere and customer service are their utmost important value. However the team part can be the hardest part of it as well. They tend to hire younger adults and teenagers, making it tough to sometimes expect professionalism in the work environment. But you become good friends with the people that you work with over time.
Pros
free meals, healthcare
Fasted paced, fun work enviroment.
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAFebruary 15, 2017
In-N-Out is a great company that holds true to the value of the costumer, the employer, and the employee. They will go out of their way to ensure the in n out name is known for giving costumers the best experience, one they should come to expect when you walk into the restaurant. To ensure that those experiences are never harsh, in n out provides a comfortable, clean, and very group of workers to facilitate the restaurants. Managers, as well as their staff, are kept up to date with policies and procedures through frequent store meetings where information is not only given, but taken in. Overall most peoples experience working at in n out is the same as anyone eating there. Great.
Productive, Fun and CLEAN!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 7, 2017
Honestly the best place to work! Great Managers and Employees! Such a fun place to work always on the move keeping things clean and sanitized. Customers are a hoot and the positive attitude is amazingly contagious even when you've had a bad day outside of work. You will always be smiling laughing and time goes by so fast when you work there. You will start your day & once the day is over you don't want to leave it's just that awesome of a job!
Great Company to Work For
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 2, 2017
INNOUT is a great company to work for. The start wages at INNOUT is always superior to what is available outside in other job fields. Depending on the hours you work, there are: health benefits, maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days. All employees enjoy gatherings paid entirely by the company, holiday gifts, and volunteer opportunities to help out the community, among other things.
Pros
maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days
May seem like we are always happy, but really everyone hates it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
There has to be a reason it is rated as one of the best fast food places to work, but the store I worked at did not reflect it. The pay was definitely nice, with a high starting wage; however, there was a growing discontent with management as they would expect you to work way past your scheduled hours, without ever asking you. Management complained to me about constantly asking to be let out on time because I was looking for an apartment (hard to do if you work 8 hours, 6 days a week, even tougher if those 8 hours turn into 10, even 12 without prior notice).
really made good friends, theyre all family
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there it was great pay and my manager seriously was the best manager anyone could ask for, anything I needed he would do for me and was always supportive and positive towards me, did nothing but compliment me. I would recommend if you are a college high school student looking for pretty good hours and pay. it came easy to me but it does take a certain type of person. however one of the managers was nasty and had something against me. it was hostile at times. I left because of her to find out later that she left.
Pros
free food healthcare good pay and hours
Cons
uniform some managers
Great Experience and Enjoyable
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 26, 2017
I was able to learn to think quickly on my feet and keep a sharp mind which allowed to help in other aspects of my life. Although every day at work brought a new challenge, the tools were provided to overcome each obstacle. The management team were great with supporting the values and ethics of this company by constantly displaying. The culture of this business allowed everyone to be more of a family working together to see the guest of our home happy and satisfied. The hardest part of this position was that moving forward was a necessity, but this taught me not to settle for something I am comfortable with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get to know the guests and know that they were satisfied with the service we provided.
Great environment that heavily emphasizes teamwork while still encouraging individuals to improve themselves
Cook (Current Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoy working at in n out. My co-workers are my family and I cherish being able to work with them. It is always a positive environment because most the associates truly enjoy being there. In n out is good at hiring the right kind of people, those who can always provide great service with a smile.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
Managers sometimes get switched around a lot
Excellent Company
Entry Level Programmer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2016
In-N-Out Burger might be the best company I have ever worked for. The emphasis on customer service and team member support is not matched by anyone I have ever worked for. This is a company that loves its customers, and loves its team members as well. It does not take long for you to realize that In-N-Out is so much more than burgers, fries, and shakes. They have positions for people have all background and aspirations, and this is a company that will support your goals even if they take you away from the company itself.
Great company to work for!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMarch 2, 2017
You can go from level 1 all the way to store manager if you work hard. the best work culture ive ever been a part of. I'm friends to this day with people I worked with years ago.
Pros
Great pay, bonuses for managers, great culture and benfits
Cons
From time to time you may have to close and then open the next morning, but lots of people do that and these guys pay great and everyone is friendly.
Fun and Fast Paced
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 22, 2016
It is not your typical fast food joint, they focus on quality in all aspects of the business. They train you to work fun and work hard! Always stay busy, cross training available to learn and grow with the company. They make sure you learn each part of the job before leaving you to work independently. Communication is key to maintain efficiency, quality and accuracy.
Pros
free lunch, great work environment, washed uniforms, flexible hours, growth opportunities
Cons
you may smell like onions always, tiring work
Good for moms and preggos
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Within 30 days after probation, you get full benefits for any kids or anything of that nature you may have or are about to have or want to have. I can't stand that sight or smell of an in-out burger because, well, let's face it, they have ZERO variety on the menu and all I did was flip burgers for eight hours straight each day. That said, great benefits, great people.
Serious but fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The workplace is no joke. They expect you to be doing something at all times and no horseplay or wasted time is accepted. Training is ongoing so you are always learning new things as you go along. Plenty of Promotions are available too. Pays very well for a fast food place.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great pay, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, very demanding and tiring
Great environment to work in with plenty of possibilities to advance
Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 8, 2017
A normal day consists of providing every guest with the best service possible, learned patience and fast paced skills. Management does a great job. The hardest part is keeping up with the many guests that walk in and trying to keep the lines short.
Pros
Free burger everyday you work
Cons
Short breaks, stressful environment
Productive work place, with camaraderie among associates and managers, potential for advancement in company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood Village, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The job is very fast-paced, which has taught me a lot about multi-tasking and working efficiently in order to manage my time most effectively. We have various goals to meet and get rewarded with parties and free merchandise for meeting those goals.
Amazing company!!!
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Michigan Center, MIDecember 5, 2016
Every single day everyone tries their absolute best to make everyone feel welcome, important, responsible, and valued. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards..All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Amazing upbeat workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 29, 2016
In-N-Out burger is an amazing company to work for. They set high expectations for their associates but they are not hard to meet. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards... short clean unpolished nails, no tattoos, one earring per ear.
Pros
Great fast pace friendly environment
Cons
No tattoos. No piercings
They take care of the associates to say the least. Training is extensive and rewarding.
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Working at In-N-Out Burger has been a wonderful experience. The company really prides themselves with their extensive training program. This provides many opportunities to climb up the ladder to management and get raises on the way. They pay well starting out and teach you how to provide the most quality customer service in a high energy and fast paced environment. Management is always really cool and wants to help you improve your skills and succeed. This would be an awesome first job for anyone, the professionalism in the workplace really prepares you for much more than most other companies in the food industry.
Pros
Free meal every shift, 401k, health insurance, flexible scheduling, paid vacation.
Cons
Hard to get full time hours, strict regulations and uniforms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2