In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Its a fun, family like oriented enviroment with lots of encoreging, constant training, and a good time
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 24, 2017
In N Out is in my opinion one of the best companies to start out with. For my first job, it was a fantastic learning experience I have met a bunch a fun-loving people along the way most of which whom are still my friends today. You always have an opportunity to train more and progressed forward. The management team is very compliant to schedule requests and changes. And they provide excellent benefits for full and part-time employees, as well as a free burger after every shift.
fun workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 23, 2017
high paced environment with great employees. I learned so much about customer service and the management is great. the hardest part about working there is the high pace.
Great place to work....
Spread Room Technician/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work. Definitely recommend .flexible schedules, benefits, vacation paid, sick days paid, lots of opportunities for advancement in different areas of work...
Greatly organized, high energy place to work.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work would be to complete safety regulations, set a goal for every individual associate and well as myself, enforce policy, make sure that everything was at In-N-Outs standards as far as cleanliness, quality, and service, find ways to improve, motivate the team towards the same goals using everyones unique individual skills to make operations as fun and smooth as possible.

I have learned a lot at this company, how to properly manage and lead people, how to have a high standard and how to make sure that standard stay high and consistent. I have learned how to motivate others and how every individual is motivated in different ways and my personal style of motivating others is also different, I have learned how to make it work to the best of my ability. I have also learned how to work in a fast pace and high stress environment, so when I am in these situations I am calm.

Management was great, we all worked towards the same goal, communicated very well with each other and were able to push each other forward.

The hardest part about the job would be closing at 2:30am and be expected to come back at 8:00am for an eight hour shift.

The most enjoyable was seeing how you have impacted the store in a positive direction.
Pros
Free meals, frequent parties for employees to celebrate accomplishing goals, awards, consistent feedback and team building exercises
Cons
Not enough sleep.
productive fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 20, 2017
great place to work, fast paced, friendly co workers, can be stressful non stop working, always on your feet. I would process transactions and also be in charge of produce
lots of hours, pay increases, chances for advancement
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2017
IN-N-Out provided many opportunities for advancement within the company whilst awarding pay increases and hours for those willing to work and apply themselves.
Pros
free meal every shift
Cons
schedules being put up last minute
So fun and entertaining
Level 6 Associate & Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Work is great. I think that people who have great personality and attitude can work here. I believe that everyone should try to apply here as a first job because the management will always care for you.
Pros
Free food, high pay, a lot of free perks
Cons
Hard work
Awesome job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I applied to In n Out when I was 19. I worked there and it was great. It is a really fast paced learning environment, so they do hire a lot of young people with energy. I love that they are willing to train you. You can move up really quick in the company if you work hard.
Pros
Burger every shift!
Cons
Hard to get fulltime hours
Fasted paced, fun work enviroment.
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAFebruary 15, 2017
In-N-Out is a great company that holds true to the value of the costumer, the employer, and the employee. They will go out of their way to ensure the in n out name is known for giving costumers the best experience, one they should come to expect when you walk into the restaurant. To ensure that those experiences are never harsh, in n out provides a comfortable, clean, and very group of workers to facilitate the restaurants. Managers, as well as their staff, are kept up to date with policies and procedures through frequent store meetings where information is not only given, but taken in. Overall most peoples experience working at in n out is the same as anyone eating there. Great.
Productive work place, with camaraderie among associates and managers, potential for advancement in company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood Village, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The job is very fast-paced, which has taught me a lot about multi-tasking and working efficiently in order to manage my time most effectively. We have various goals to meet and get rewarded with parties and free merchandise for meeting those goals.
Overall fun place to work at
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2017
To work here you must be able to talk to customers. Ability to multitask. This is a place where you can just start making a whole ton of friends.
Pros
Free Lunches, Higher pay than usual fast food places, flexible work hours
Cons
Short breaks, Short shifts
Great company. Everyone's always energetic and always there to help you learn new things.
Order Taker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I've made lots of friends while working there. Learned many new things and how to always move at a quick pace and always keep a smile on my face.
Pros
Free Burgers
Cons
Short Breaks
Amazing company to work for!
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 9, 2017
If you are a hard working individual this job is for you! Fast paced environment makes the days go by quick! Willing to work around school schedules. Perfect job!
Extremely fun place to work
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAFebruary 7, 2017
This job was my second favorite place to work behind Whole Foods. The management that I worked for were great people and I still keep in contact with them although I no longer work there.
Pros
free lunches
work place culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Everyone is very hard working and nice. There is always something to look forward to the job. Everyone makes your day even when you might have a bad day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good for moms and preggos
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Within 30 days after probation, you get full benefits for any kids or anything of that nature you may have or are about to have or want to have. I can't stand that sight or smell of an in-out burger because, well, let's face it, they have ZERO variety on the menu and all I did was flip burgers for eight hours straight each day. That said, great benefits, great people.
Fun and busy place to work at
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Always busy and and have something to do. I learned how to b efficient and effective and serve quality burgers to customers while being friendly and keeping the environment clean.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short breaks
Tough job
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The job is really though because you will be doing a lot of labor and are expected to always have a smile and treat customers with the utmost friendliness.
Great Company to Work For
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 2, 2017
INNOUT is a great company to work for. The start wages at INNOUT is always superior to what is available outside in other job fields. Depending on the hours you work, there are: health benefits, maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days. All employees enjoy gatherings paid entirely by the company, holiday gifts, and volunteer opportunities to help out the community, among other things.
Pros
maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days
INO is Life!
Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Very high paced day constantly on your feet however this makes the day fly by. Many opportunities to grow if you are willing to work. COmpany picnics are awesome!
Pros
free burger everyday!
Cons
Possibility of repetitive motion ailments and injuries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2