In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
A typical day working at In N Out was really busy. Working there at In N Out I learned how to deal with rude customers. Management was amazing. By far the best management I've ever worked with. The co-workers were also amazing, friendly, and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was taking a customers order while making another customers drink and handing out another customers meal all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who always had a smile on their face.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No full time
Best Job Ever
Clean Up Crew, and Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2016
Honestly I wish I could have stayed at In-n-Out longer. They really take care of their employees, and care about how their experience is almost as much as their customers. Personally I was injured off the work site and In-N-Out payed me disability (more than the state was going to). When i returned to work I was welcomed with open arms and given my full time hours with benefits.
Pros
Benefits for employees, great career possibility with advancement
Cons
White Clothes
Fast paced environment with options of advancement.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at In-N-Out Burger is working in a faced past environment, while maintaining quality of food we provide customers. Maintaining customer satisfaction is priority. The most difficult part of working at the job is working very fast, while still following many guidelines as best as possible. The atmosphere was very upbeat, enjoyable, and you always see people smiling around you. The most enjoyable part of working for this company was the advancement, co workers, and different positions to work everyday.
Pros
The environment, Free food provided, many breaks
Cons
Over worked, random hours, very late hours
Productive and team oriented workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 8, 2016
Workplace gives special attention to its employees. Concerned for any needs of the employees. Shifts workers around during the day to ensure there is no monotony to the job and give a break from same job over and over. Management is friendly and works with employees on any frustrations with job. Job gives raises according to hard work and growing experience. Paid time for meetings, holidays off, and occasional workplace get togethers.
Pros
good management and benefits for employees
Cons
fast paced and occasional bad customer interactions
Absolutely Amazing
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 25, 2016
This is probably the best company I have ever worked for! They have a very extensive training program that each person must go through before advancing in the company. Once you have watched the videos the managers are all very helpful and willing to give you the chance to use the skills you are taught and give you more opportunities within the company. Hours are flexible (for the most part) and the environment is fast paced yet fun and enjoyable. You can tell that even though its a big company it is like a huge family as well.
Work
Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 1, 2016
My overall opinion about working at In N Out Burger was how interesting it is. I learned how to take care of customers, being nice, cooperating with others, and taking care of yourself at work. The hardest part about the job was just the management and the schedules, sometimes the schedules are not too flexible and the management wasn't that very well at times either. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers being happy, and seeing how other co workers admire you.
productive, hard working, great atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day shift starts at 8am you come in and get the store ready to open by doing the morning paperwork from the day before, count the inventory and doing the order for the next day. Than take the tempatures to make sure everything is in the proper tempature zone.The store opens at 10 am and from then on you run the shift there is usually about 20 assocaites on a shift, you have to give out all there breaks and make sure you keep the kitchen going all day. Also you have to make sure you have food prep all day to keep you stocked up. The night shift starts at 4:30pm so at that point you wrap up your shift and go in the office and do the end of the day paperwork and leave around 5:30 pm or 6.
Pros
free burger when you work
Fast Pace environment
Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2016
In N Out Burger is an enjoyable place to work. They treat their employees very well by providing decent compensation and flexible schedules. They also provide extra gifts when each store hits their target goals. These gifts can be in the form of store parties or free company merchandise. The company also hosts several sporting events throughout the year that are only available to employees.

The job is very fast pace and the company expects a very high level of customer service and quality food preparation. However, they do a good job of training new associates to meet their standards. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, unstable hours during the slow times
Great first job
Level 7 Associate (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 22, 2016
I have been there for 8 years. You get gifts for being safe at your store every 6 months. There are annual picnics for associates and managers to attend. The management is very strict and are stern on policies and procedures. The grooming and attire is specific. The turn over is small compared to other companies in the industry.
Pros
Free food, great benefits
Cons
No set schedule, must be available, weekends and nights rarely off
Positivity can go a long way for a business
Host / Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 29, 2016
In N out would strive to be seem as a positive and healthy environment. No preservatives, all fresh. Everyday with a greeting of a smile, In N Out has made a great name for itself when it comes to costumer service. Each and everyday, you would work with a different group of people, and this became your team. All smiles aboard, and we made things happen. When we had 3 large buses and a line through the drive thru, we kept one another sane. We became one on these small journeys and made it possible and we still maintained calm. In N Outs behavior will forever be instilled in me.
Pros
Free burgers during shift hours, Ability to gain more rewards for accomplishments, and secret shoppers viewing our work ethic.
Fun work place
Associate, Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 25, 2016
Very fast pace. You can learned a lot about leadership qualities. The hardest part was enduring the heat on the grills while you cooked. The atmosphere was up beat fun very team oriented. You learn a new thing everyday. Competitive pay, the faster you learn and the better you get at a position the more money you make.
Pros
You are allowed one free burger every time you work.
Overall great place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 25, 2016
be prepared to multi-task for all or most of your shift
has proven to be an invaluable source of experience in learning customer service and the value of hard work
made me love working hard and almost unable to be unproductive
mostly friendly atmosphere
can be stressful if you don't know how to multi-task for work in an extremely busy environment
managers expect a lot from you, but they really do care about you
the best part of the job is what it has provided me with ( job security, great experience, ability to improve my work ethic)
Pros
free meal, great pay
Cons
high stress
Fun and productive workplace
Food Handler and Server (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 23, 2016
Working an In N Out was a great opportunity for me. I formed great relationships with my coworkers which made it really easy to come to work. The management always kept a positive vibe throughout the day. I gained amazing customer service skills and some management skills. The hardest part of this job was the craziness that came along with the rushes, but my coworkers made it worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, work parties, benefits
Cons
short breaks, heat
Fast pace
Associate (951) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2016
Daily Operations: working cash registers while preparing drinks and reading back orders.
Grounds keeping: Making sure all areas are safe and clean for customers.
Food preparation: Preparing food such as cleaning potatoes, slicing tomatoes and pealing lettuce
Customer Service: Providing quality service in a timely manor while keeping the customer happy.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours are not set
productive and fun work place. alot like a family
level 3/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2016
Speak with customers, expect and handle money, while also washing dishes and working fries. Learned to keep a positive out look no matter if it is a hectic or easy day. Management was fun loving although some managers where fired for the personal habits. hardest part of the job was fries in my opinion only because i had to guess how many fries to put in the fryer and how long to keep them in but once i established a good rhythm things would become easier.
Pros
learned productive skills while keeping a positive mood and out look.
Cons
no real complaints
Great first job!
Board Person (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 30, 2016
I loved working at In-N-Out. It got me on my feet and into the workforce. I learned about customer service, working quickly and efficiently, and time management.
The management depends on which location you are at, but overall you do have at least 1 manager that is fair and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when it gets very busy and there are not enough associates on the floor.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, may not get the schedule you want for the week
Productive and Fun Workplace
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 4, 2016
My typical day I work I would arrive at my scheduled shift time get dressed then clock in. I look at the "line-up" which is what tells us where we will be for the day. I go straight to that position and get ready to work. There is never a down moment. We are always moving finding something to do. Everyone that works there is overall very friendly and cares about the customer.
Pros
Free burger when you work
Always busy and always happy
Employee - Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 23, 2016
Working for INO is very fast and demanding. You learn how to leverage customer service while providing excellent quality food in a hectic environment. The hardest part of the job is that it is always super busy but that is what makes it fun! The most enjoyable is that everyone is alway uplifting and a team player.
productive and fun workplace
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAApril 8, 2016
everyday was a great day at work! i loved the boss the associates the managers and the pay! for a burger joint they pay really good because of the service provided, everything about in n out was always top notch. we worked as a team on the clock and off the clock at events and meetings. everything about this job was an amazing experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Awesome place to work!
Manager-4th (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 28, 2016
This company taught me many skills I will continue to utilize in other professions. It is fast paced and micro managed. Micor management may be difficult to some, but it ensures a safe, productive environment. The company is generous to it's associates from company parties to benefits (even part-time associates get part-time benefits).

4.5