In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employer Reviews

Productive and Efficient Work Place
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaDecember 21, 2014
A typical day at In N Out Burger depends on what position you are working. If you are a cashier you count your drawer, take orders, calling out specific orders to the cooks, clean dining room, clean around registers, help call and hand out orders, count your drawer again and leave.

If you are working pay window (charging out customers through the drive – more... through) you are processing payment after correctly repeating back the order, cleaning dishes (which are constantly coming in throughout the busy times), preparing tomatoes for burgers (cleaning & slicing). You also need to count the register when you start work and right before you clock out

If you are working the drive through corner you take orders through the headset, make drinks, and hand out food at the same time. You also help hand out counter order food (those that park and come in to order) if you are not busy, and calling out specific orders to the cooks.

If you work the fry station you are making sure you have a full sink of fries (raw diced potatoes sitting in clean water to wash off the starch) and a full spin up (raw diced potatoes spun to dry ready for frying), dropping the correct amount of fries that coordinates with the incoming orders, maintaining a clean station and practicing safe working habits, properly proportioning fries and making cheese fries or animal fries when necessary, and sometimes calling out orders if not too busy.

If you are working board (assembling the burgers) you are to make sure you area is fully stocked, and assemble the burgers as fast as they are coming off. The speed depends on the business of the store and the person cooking the patties. You are prepping the bottom buns as soon as you get the order tags placed in front of you in your area, wrapping them, bagging them, and calling out to have the orders picked up & brought to the hand out table, which is where the fries are. This is done all at the same time in an assembly line like fashion where you are the only one handling many tasks at the same time.

If you are the cook you need to make sure you are dropping meat down on the grill according to the orders. You have to make sure you are not creating much waste by not dropping too early or too late. You are also paying attention to your board person and working with them to get the food out properly, if that person is too slow it is your job to assist or say something to get them replaced if they are getting too overwhelmed.

Everybody is expected to provide excellent customer service and hot, fresh food delivered in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job for me was working fries, because I never got to be a cook and loved working board. A lot of times you were by yourself working fries and it is very difficult to have to dice your own potatoes, spin them to be ready for frying, and drop enough fries for upcoming burgers all at the same time. It is as if you have to be two people at one time.

The most enjoyable part was the amazing organization and team work we all exhibited. We all worked like a well oil machine, with some minor bumps, but overall the organization allowed for great productivity, efficiency, and most importantly great customer service. I also loved working with a lot of my co workers and developed some friendships throughout my days of working there. – less
Great job while going to school
Person can handle all of the following; Cashier (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: free meal, accomodating hours.
Cons: physically and psychological stressful. part time employees get little to no benefits.
I started this job many years ago while attending college and they were wonderful about allowing me to work the hours I required while balancing my academic studies. The management team is very accomodating when talking about balancing time and work. The work environment is extremely fast paced and it takes time to adjust to the constant movements in – more... close quarters. The management team is very passionate about having all associates learn more every day and advance their job positions. You even get a free burger once per shift. All in all, great place to work while going to school! Anybody looking for a part time to full time job while wanting free time to pursue an education, In N Out could be right for you. – less
Serving customers
Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaDecember 8, 2014
Typical day would be: handing with customers and taking orders, organizing the work environment, working in a fast pace environment, general labor. Management maintained the store really well. My co-workers were a fun young crowd that worked as a team. The most hardest part about the job is to keep up with the large crowds of customers and having to – more... deal with multitasking. The most enjoyable part is to work with your friends and family acting as a team. – less
A day in a life of an In-n-Out Employee
Level 7 Cook (Former Employee), Alhambra, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about the buisness and a lot of people in the buisness
Cons: stressful at times.
A typical day would start by start by getting the store ready to open. Then open the doors just before 10. And start serving the regular customers that come in everyday. Those were some of my favorite customers. Usually didn't see Managers again until 11:30 or 12:00 because they would be in the office doing paper work unless we were short staffed in – more... the morning.The hardest part of the job is working the corner by your self handing out orders getting chewed out to move the cars. But your waiting on the car to move, or something is wrong with their order and your trying to fix it. The most enjoyable parts is when we actually have fun in the stand and get all the orders out. – less
This was great experience.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 25, 2014
The co-workers and the supervisors were very nice to work with. They taught me a lot and gave me the opportunity to branch off into other aspects of the job. I learned valuable life skills.
A day at In-N-OuT Burger
Leader, Service Associate, Cook (Former Employee), Downey, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: fun, free food, build friendships, family picnics
Cons: short hours, hard to be full time
Many believe that INO is just a "burger joint" but INO is so much more; INO is known for it's business, extremely busy, yet their associates manage to keep calm always serving smiles. INO always has opportunity for growth and along the way you get to build a foundation of family within co-workers.
In N Out Burger
Cashier - Count (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CANovember 18, 2014
customer service
cook and prep
answering calls
working as a team
work well under pressure
Fun and Challenging place to work, the company takes excellent care of employees.
Level 4 Store Associate (Current Employee), Tracy, CANovember 17, 2014
Always busy and high energy environment. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to work as a team with some amazing associates. They make working there fun and exciting.
Associate Level 5 (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great pay, benefits for full timers, 401k for all
Cons: only get a raise if you learn new skills
As you learn more skills and become more useful, you earn a raise. You definitely have to work hard because of the popularity of the food. Most enjoyable part of the day is getting that free burger, fries and drink as a lunch.
Good first job and fun work environment.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Orange, CaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free meals, great pay, flexible hours.
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
I love working here. Everyone is friendly and hard working.
Such a fun place to work
Store Associate, Level 7 (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free food great pay
Cons: always busy haha
Came into work everyday, knew what I needed to do to advance, and had a fun time working with all associates. Customers are amazing there and always had fun parties and events that are run by in n out. I learned how to work with many people and how manage others and learn how work with what you got and know how to use certain things to my or the stores – more... advantage. – less
Productive and a fun environment
Dining Host/Order Taker (Current Employee), Turlock, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free burger per shift
Cons: non
Great place to work at. They have a really friendly crew. Also, In-n-out is a very busy place which makes a little challenging, however time passes by really quick.
In n out was a great job for my first job. The road is over and I want to spread the skills I learned from such a great company.
Cashier (Former Employee), Azusa, CAOctober 23, 2014
-Pour drinks
-Greet customers
-Great team player
-Make sure the surroundings were clean
-Money handling
-Fast pace was great
-Always on your feet
An Amazing place to work!
Out Burger (Part-time) (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free food, fast paced, great culture
Cons: micromanaged, hours
If you love to smile all day and work in a fast paced environment with little responsibility this is it. I worked here during school and to be honest I had a lot of fun. the managers basically micro manage everything you do so you don't have to think too much. There are levels that you can advance to and it's pretty smooth sailing. Just remember the – more... smile is a part of your uniform! (: – less
The perfect high school and college job
Cook (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAOctober 13, 2014
Working at In-N-Out Burger during my time in high school and college was great. It was a good job to have because the hours were very flexible, the associated were great and the environment was fun. I was also able to develop many leadership skills as well as great customer service.
very fun and fast pace
Level 5 (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: very fast pace and busy
I really enjoy working here a lot its my favorite job the only downside is that since we are so busy there is no vacation time and no benefits to part time employees.
Very poor Management
Clean up (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: you do get free lunches
Cons: no benefits
My job description was clean up it was a lot of work very little time to do your job and there was virtually no respect for what we did as the clean up crew the pay was a absolute joke for the work we did.
fast paced work environment
Currently a level 7- assistant manager (Current Employee), Buena Park, CaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible schedule (somewhat), high pay
Cons: benefits not great, hours of operation, hours averaging working
-run the shifts (give manager breaks and other associates if needed, send people home, put people on positions)
-handled money (check large bills, access to the safe)
-manager override (voids, frequencies)
-costumer service in store
-training in all positions

I learned how to communicate with different types of people and leadership. I learned how – more... to handle costumer service and to give great quality.

Coworkers are great and friendly people. Management was supportive of me and always willing to help us learn new things.

Hardest part of the job is the hours of operation (working late) and being open 7 days a week, as well as holidays. With that you miss out on a lot of quality time and plans with family and friends. Also dealing with drunk, crazy people at late hours.

Most enjoyable part is the fellow associates there that I have bonded with.

Pay is great, but only working less than part-time hours.

Great for students and for a first job. – less
in n out company
Cashier (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 26, 2014
working with costumers with a social experience I got to speak to great people the management is good no complaint there they have good training and the pay is great
Productive and Fun Workplace
Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
We do different things everyday, Hosting in the dining room one day, and taking orders another. Changing what we do everyday makes it fun, we don't get bored of working the same position.

1 2 3 4 5

About In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations in the western United States. Founded in 1948 by Harry – Read more