In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fun and up tempo working environment
In-N-Out associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 19, 2015
Preparing burgers and fries for customers. Taking customers orders and giving them back the correct amount of change. I was hired at in n out at a very young age, it taught me responsibility and enhanced my social skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with picky customers. There was never a dull moment, we were always busy. I really enjoyed the up tempo working environment.
Fun fast paced to work.
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJuly 19, 2015
This place is a fun fast paced job with yummy lunch everyday. the Management team is great, proactive and fun. You learn a lot from this employer.
only a good job for high school students
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 19, 2015
This job may pay well for fast food but the supervisors are not supportive at all. associates are overworked and issues are not taken into consideration. The best part about the job is the flexibility of schedules.
Myself Learning
Order Taker (Former Employee), San Jose,CaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Great Coworkers
Cons: Very Loud
I wish i never left In-N-Out, It was a job that thought me so much, I also learned even about myself!

Managers were more than managers, they were siblings to me!
In-N-Out had sports teams that really made it fun to get to know others!

Rushes weren't really as bad as they look you do get use to them after a week!
Extremely fast-paced and will teach you great work ethics.
Level II Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2015
You will always have a sense of belonging here as managers and the culture of In-n-out makes for a "family-like" feel. You are always accounted for and the company itself will treat you well.
Very heavily team based company
Clean Up Crew (Former Employee), Rosemead, CaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free meal daily, very fair starting wage
Take very good care of team members and great with training their employees, they teach you to always work with a sense of urgency.
Fun job but very stress-inducing
Associate Level 3 (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free Burger and fries every day, discount at 24 hour gym
Cons: only 10 min breaks on 6 hr shifts
When you take the job seriously and start earning more hours, the company will try to squeeze everything they can out of you, to the last penny, to the last minute.
Fast paced and fun store with a free burger every day.
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free meal every shift!
Cons: Not much.
From the moment you start your shift to the last 30 seconds at the end of your day its 80 mph of hot grills, cold drinks, and smiling coworkers and customers. While working there you become a part of a big In n Out family. You will have those tough days but you'll never have them alone. One of the best perks of the job is the summer pick nick for the employees and their families.
Pre-determined shifts with great benefits and advancement
ASSOCIATE LEVEL FOUR (Former Employee), Goleta, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, advancement opportunities, competitive starting wage, always busy
Cons: long shifts, management is inconsistent
Duties are assigned prior to shifts starting. Management is pretty open to advancement opportunities, so long as you express the initiative. Sometimes, management can play favorites, but that happens in any job, so its not really something specific to the company. Benefits are great, though I didn't use them because I had insurance through my school. Company does a lot for its associates and really treats them well with great wages, and company sponsored social events. Work can be grueling, especially during longer shifts, but it all comes with a certain level of satisfaction at the end of a workday. I only worked at one store, so can't speak for others, but hours were pretty available for the most part, although some slow periods would see drastic reductions for non full-time employees. Great place to work, would recommend for anyone who is willing to put in the effort. And obviously, it's In-N-Out, and as a California native, the Double Double is almost a staple. Free lunch every time you clock in.
Fast Paced
Associate (Current Employee), SacramentoJune 24, 2015
Fast paced environment that allows its associates to grow and better themselves. I have learned how to treat costumers in a way that will better their day.
fast pace
In-N-Out-Cashier/ cook (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
I would work and go to the register and took the costumers orders. I also would helping preparing the food Calling the orders and giving them out .
Very fast paced work enviornemnt
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good benefits
Cons: short breaks
I loved In N Out. A typical day at work was very fast-paced and productive. I learned how to act in a work environment, customer service and other things. In N out was my first job so they really taught me a lot about the work field.
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee), West Valley, UtahJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed the people, they are all so hard working and are wanting to make a career out of In N Out. They help everyone, you do not feel like an outsider at all from the moment you start you are part of the team. You have lots of opportunity's to move up in the company but, to become full time you have to look at In N Out as your career, or you will stay part time.
fun enviornment with easy advancment
Cook (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: fast paced, pays well
Cons: uniforms
The job is really fast paced. Depending on the location, you may need to be prepared to sweat a bit. Shifts go by quickly, and co-workers are a blast. Managers are usually easy to get along with.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brreaks
This was a great place to work at> so far i am content with all the things this place has to offer. Other than the busy days everything usually runs smooth. The managers are often good at giving out breaks.
Fast paced word environment.
Cook (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 10, 2015
Extremely hands on. There is no down time, so you must have a lot of energy. Being a friendly person is key. The employees work together everyday to give the customers the best experience possible. No one position is more important than the other. All of our movements are micromanaged to create consistent quality in the food and experience.
A fun working environment that encourages personal belief in the company for the highest standard.
Level 6 Employee/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 8, 2015
Maintain high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations. Communicate clearly and positively with co-workers and management. Mastered point-of-service computer system for automated order taking. Handle currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately. Follow procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation. Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation. Resolve complaints promptly and professionally. Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling with team members to ensure seamless service.Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed.
always productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), San Lorenzo, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: free food while working
Cons: not consistent hours
working for in n out has been fun, im always busy when im there and theres never a dull moment. its taught me a lot about customer service.
Great starting job but not a future
Custodian/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Novato, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free meals, great staff environment, high standards
Cons: demanding workload which comes in spurts, followed by long, slow periods of time
If you need hours and can work hard then In N Out burger might be the place for you. It provides high school and entry level college students with much needed hours, but it can be very demanding and for little compensation, although nationally more than most other fast food chains. I spent my time as a custodian and maintenance technician there. I worked very hard each day just to keep up with company standards which I admit are very high.
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Palms, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, relationships with fellow associates, good work
Cons: fellow associates who do not believe in the company ideal set, potential to work a well over 8 hour shift, dirty work
Fun work environment that engendered associates to have pride in their work and value loyalty. While some may consider it "flipping burgers and making french fries", there is really more to it.
The interpersonal relationships with fellow associates, as far as loyalty, having one another's back, doing one's best possible work so as not to make someone elses job harder, believing in a compensation system built on fairness of learned and mastered skills, whether "liked" by managment team or not. Truely a work palce where advancement IS entirely based on skill level and the manner in which the job is executed. (meaning attitude, adhereence to company policy, ability to work well with others). Two of my closest friends, neither which still work at INO anymore, but met them both working for INO, at different stores, but one friendship is 17 years long and the other about 15, and that will last a lifetime. Probably one of the best jobs I have ever had and will have. Still miss it occasionally and it has been 12 years since I worked there. Overall,it was a great time.