In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Fun environment yet learned to work hard
Level 7 Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 9, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of doing a lot of prep in the mornings. Peeling onion, pulling the leaves off the lettuce and cutting them in the correct shape for the protein lettuce wrapped burgers. A lot of time management went into this because one would have to be done by a certain time. In the morning also one would assemble and sanitize the shake machine to make sure it is properly working for the day. By the time it is around 10:00 am, some of the crew shows up and the store opens. It is time to kick it into high gear and get all the produce done and make sure the area where it was done was clean and sparkling. After making sure the money is all completed and inventory is all counted, the manager goes on their 30 minute break. During this time, another manager or level 7 would watch the shift and make sure everything is running smoothly during that half hour time frame. Giving out drawers to associates and organizing how the day is going to go. All day was spent cooking, working the table to dress up the burgers, more produce prep work, and running around helping others. I have learned so much working here; after eight solid years, I learned a lot about time management, organization, being adaptive, responsibility, integrity, honesty, hard work and being over the top with communicating. Management was hard to get too, but I set my mind on it and it was such a great accomplishment. Everything is true about this place, the food is fresh, people are super nice and the management is really well rounded.
Pros
good pay, time goes by fast, awesome co workers, Christmas gifts, store parties, free lunch
Cons
hard to get full time, physically demanding, high stress, closing hours
Fast Pace environment
Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2016
In N Out Burger is an enjoyable place to work. They treat their employees very well by providing decent compensation and flexible schedules. They also provide extra gifts when each store hits their target goals. These gifts can be in the form of store parties or free company merchandise. The company also hosts several sporting events throughout the year that are only available to employees.

The job is very fast pace and the company expects a very high level of customer service and quality food preparation. However, they do a good job of training new associates to meet their standards. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, unstable hours during the slow times
Very fast paced environment
Associate Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Centerville, UTJune 5, 2016
A typical day at this specific store can be crazy. The rush of customers come and go very quickly. Some days there are extremely busy days and working up to 14 to 16 hours weren't uncommon.
Great place to work great pay. Managers could be better.
Clean up crew Nights (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company to work for, employees are great. Hardest part of the job was time management due to so much on the to do list.
Fun and best management
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2016
I've been with this company since I was 17, I have nothing but positive things to say about this amazing company. The management the co -workers to how much they care about their employes, In n out will alway be my home.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Dirty clothing
Really fun place to work
Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 27, 2016
Food service is great but pizza around you all the time is even better. You can make your on pizza anytime as long as its slow. And when you come home you smell like pizza dough.
Always busy and always happy
Employee - Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 23, 2016
Working for INO is very fast and demanding. You learn how to leverage customer service while providing excellent quality food in a hectic environment. The hardest part of the job is that it is always super busy but that is what makes it fun! The most enjoyable is that everyone is alway uplifting and a team player.
Great first job
Level 7 Associate (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 22, 2016
I have been there for 8 years. You get gifts for being safe at your store every 6 months. There are annual picnics for associates and managers to attend. The management is very strict and are stern on policies and procedures. The grooming and attire is specific. The turn over is small compared to other companies in the industry.
Pros
Free food, great benefits
Cons
No set schedule, must be available, weekends and nights rarely off
Fast pace
Associate (951) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2016
Daily Operations: working cash registers while preparing drinks and reading back orders.
Grounds keeping: Making sure all areas are safe and clean for customers.
Food preparation: Preparing food such as cleaning potatoes, slicing tomatoes and pealing lettuce
Customer Service: Providing quality service in a timely manor while keeping the customer happy.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours are not set
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 16, 2016
Great first job while king through high school. Many family members have a career at the company and talk very highly on how they are treated.
great firts job
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CAMay 9, 2016
In-N-Out Burger is a great job. It teaches you so many things, some things I have learned is communications, customer service, team work. Those are just some stuff I love at about this job. One thing that is hard is always multi-tasking.
Pros
flexible hours
its a great place to learn good work ethic
Clean Up/ Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75074May 6, 2016
good working environment and you learn alot quickly, but invasive on personal life and will take advantage of you if you let them.
Highly positive environment that promotes advances
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2016
Management always strives to keep me working hard and to keep me motivated. Highly flexible schedule which is a great benefit for a student like me.
Pros
Flexible
Fun Place to Be
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 2, 2016
I just started working here a few months ago.

All my coworkers are great! They are positive and helpful people and always answer my questions when I have them.

I also enjoy making the customers feel welcome and cared about.

I like this job a lot.
Pros
Free Burger, Coworkers are Awesome
Cons
Not scheduled as much as I'd like
Positivity can go a long way for a business
Host / Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 29, 2016
In N out would strive to be seem as a positive and healthy environment. No preservatives, all fresh. Everyday with a greeting of a smile, In N Out has made a great name for itself when it comes to costumer service. Each and everyday, you would work with a different group of people, and this became your team. All smiles aboard, and we made things happen. When we had 3 large buses and a line through the drive thru, we kept one another sane. We became one on these small journeys and made it possible and we still maintained calm. In N Outs behavior will forever be instilled in me.
Pros
Free burgers during shift hours, Ability to gain more rewards for accomplishments, and secret shoppers viewing our work ethic.
Awesome place to work!
Manager-4th (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 28, 2016
This company taught me many skills I will continue to utilize in other professions. It is fast paced and micro managed. Micor management may be difficult to some, but it ensures a safe, productive environment. The company is generous to it's associates from company parties to benefits (even part-time associates get part-time benefits).
Overall great place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 25, 2016
be prepared to multi-task for all or most of your shift
has proven to be an invaluable source of experience in learning customer service and the value of hard work
made me love working hard and almost unable to be unproductive
mostly friendly atmosphere
can be stressful if you don't know how to multi-task for work in an extremely busy environment
managers expect a lot from you, but they really do care about you
the best part of the job is what it has provided me with ( job security, great experience, ability to improve my work ethic)
Pros
free meal, great pay
Cons
high stress
Fun and productive workplace
Food Handler and Server (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 23, 2016
Working an In N Out was a great opportunity for me. I formed great relationships with my coworkers which made it really easy to come to work. The management always kept a positive vibe throughout the day. I gained amazing customer service skills and some management skills. The hardest part of this job was the craziness that came along with the rushes, but my coworkers made it worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, work parties, benefits
Cons
short breaks, heat
Fair workplace
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 23, 2016
Crazy hours. Sometimes 1 am or 5 am working on maintaining the restaurant clean. Team work was not so good. Couldn't rely on my coworkers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
bad team work
Hard-working and overall positive atmosphere
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 21, 2016
I personally loved the eight months that I spent working at In-N-Out. It was easy to advance and get raises by working hard and the managers are all very encouraging and fun.
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
no sitting

4.5