In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fun and Great Learning Experience
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 16, 2016
Working at In-n-Out was a great experience, because it taught be a lot about customer service and how to interact with people. It also helped me learn to be quick to adjust to a situation that required fast thinking and reaction time. Finally it had people who were always willing to help and teach you new things that would help you make great progress in the world.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2016
Management is very supportive and want you to succeed. It's relatively easy to make it from level 1-5, all you have to do is learn a particular skill. after that is management and your store manager must believe you have what it takes. they take great care of their employees.
Pros
supportive, encouraging, and rewarding
Cons
Can be stressful
Productive work place, always busy, great at training. Good management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTDecember 10, 2016
I had a great time working at In and Out Burger. I started working there in 2011 immediately I started to train. Worked my way up in to a manager position. I learned do many things!
Pros
Free lunch. Positive environment. Great pay. Flexible schedule. Benefits. Give great rewards.
Cons
Smell like grease.
Awesome Company, especially for young people entering the workforce.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2016
In-N-Out was my first job and I will have to say, making $12.00/per hour while still in High School was pretty awesome. It is tons of fun and there is plenty of opportunity to advance in the company if it is what you would like to consider as a career.
Pros
Staff, Management, Environment, Food
Excellent Training
Level 2 Associate (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CANovember 30, 2016
This was my first real job. I cannot express how valuable the training that I received there has been. Every time I go in for a job interview, I am always asked about my experience working for IN-N-OUT because their reputation precedes them. All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Love this company
Dining Room/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 1, 2016
This place is a varied job, I would either work the cash register, stay cleaning the dinning from all day and or taking orders in the drive through, along with cooking up the frys and or dress and wrap the burgers. A lot of customer service constant standing for 6-8 hours and non stop communication with employees and customers.
Awesome job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I applied to In n Out when I was 19. I worked there and it was great. It is a really fast paced learning environment, so they do hire a lot of young people with energy. I love that they are willing to train you. You can move up really quick in the company if you work hard.
Pros
Burger every shift!
Cons
Hard to get fulltime hours
Incredible
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 2, 2016
Merit-based promotion system where store management positions are guaranteed a minimal $120,000 salary. Honest business model and application. Day to day work consists of intense work pace, with proper break periods given. Associates are extremely well compensated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with high expectation and intense criticism. The best part of the job is the ability to create such a family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Free food when you work
Cons
Grueling work
Perfect introduction to the food industry
Store Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 27, 2016
This place is to date the best place I've ever worked at before. I learned how to use a register and prepare potatoes. This was my first customer service Job as well which I was amazing at.
Pros
Free Lunches and Flexible Hours
Cons
Shorter breaks, On your feet all the time
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
very fast paced
always in view of the customer so you must be careful of what you do.
Must be aware of surroundings to make sure you follow all of the guidelines for safety and sanitation.
Raises come easily if you work hard.
It is a great company to work for, they really appreciate their associates.
lots of character building
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 26, 2016
Although, micromanagement could become frustrating after some time, I developed a lot of character under very good management. The environment was full of feed back, which I thought was excellent for growth purposes. The job was excellent for a consistent time with my busy and varying school schedule, and I really appreciated that.
Productive and fast-paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 6, 2016
A day at work is usually extremely busy. In N Out Burger enforces quality and expects nothing but the very best from its associates. An associate is expected to treat customers with great attitude and respect. The company takes pride in its quality and in great customer each associate provides to customers. On the other hand, being part of the kitchen team is also extremely challenging. The burgers must show off the quality, and be cooked to the customers desires. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching tourists who come from all over the world take their first bite into their burger. Being able to provide and meet the expectations of our customers brings happiness and joy into the restaurant.
Pros
Free burgers, medical and dental benefits.
Cons
most be in panic mode at all times.
Positive, Fast paced, never slow.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 26, 2016
I work in a very positive environment. I meet someone new everyday. My management is always good. It's never an easy day, constantly having a line at work. Would rather have that then to be sitting around looking for something to do. My co-Workers are what makes my day, we all work together to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your able to compliment a customer and watching their reaction.
Pros
Free burgers when I work
Cons
none.
This place rocks!
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Days usually go by fast. My co workers are all friendly from clean up all the way up to management. When working here you finally get to realize quality food and cleanliness due to the high standards we put into our work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hardest part of it as well. The ability to maintain high quality and freshness is not an easy one for everyone.
Pros
You get a free meal, competitive pay
smile its part of your uniform
Level 6 associate/ team leader/cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work. you learn the basics of service. how to deal with people and fix problems. coworkers were awesome, my typical day was beating times before and trying to grow my skills everyday! most enjoyable part was meeting guests and them coming in asking for you too cook their burger because you were great.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits lack of hours
So fun and entertaining
Level 6 Associate & Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Work is great. I think that people who have great personality and attitude can work here. I believe that everyone should try to apply here as a first job because the management will always care for you.
Pros
Free food, high pay, a lot of free perks
Cons
Hard work
was great until....
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I stayed for a few months. I enjoyed some of the co workers. I loved interacting with customers in dining room. I didnt like how they kept me on level 1 for the longest time. Management could've been stronger and more concerned about your personal life. I did enjoy the free food though. And the energy of my co workers kept me motivated. However I didn't feel supported when I made mistakes. I felt degraded by some. Do I recommend the job? The pay is great and occasionally like at any job you get that irritating customer. Yeah sure I recommend it as a good starting position but not as your career obviously. I think management definitely depends on the location you work at because mine wasn't the best. Felt like favoritism was shown to certain workers. Also wasn't fond of the fact that you sometimes get off much later than you're scheduled. I ended up having to move so that's why I resigned.
Pros
free food, pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
favoritism, shifts go longer than expected
Fun,Fast paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 7, 2016
Working at In N Out Burger has shown me what moral in the work place is. The hardest part of the job is the schedule, although they are very flexible with part timers, as a manager you dont have as much control of your schedule. I loved how devoted in n out is to there customers and the well being of the associates.
Productive, Fast paced job, with many benefits to being an associate.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 12, 2016
There seemed to be a lot of bullying by the upper levels at the in-n-out I worked at. Often at times me and few co-workers who have all quit by now dreaded going into the kitchen knowing certain associates would be there. Managment was good, things stayed organized and good in the kitchen, however as far as treatment goes our Managers, seems to me, that they picked favorites and I, unfortunately, was not one of them... Didn't make for a very healthy environment. But like always, just ignore the hate and keep that beautiful smile on your face!
Pros
Free meals when you work
Cons
Short breaks
Productive fun workplace.
Sports Coach (Current Employee) –  Kerman, CANovember 14, 2016
I love that were are able to have a one on one interaction with the customer and ensure they receive the highest quality product we have to over. I love that my coworkers work together as a team and everyone steps up to help everyone else around.
Pros
Awards, Raises, Free Burger per shift.
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2