In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

fun enviornment with easy advancment
Cook (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: fast paced, pays well
Cons: uniforms
The job is really fast paced. Depending on the location, you may need to be prepared to sweat a bit. Shifts go by quickly, and co-workers are a blast. Managers are usually easy to get along with.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brreaks
This was a great place to work at> so far i am content with all the things this place has to offer. Other than the busy days everything usually runs smooth. The managers are often good at giving out breaks.
Fast paced word environment.
Cook (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 10, 2015
Extremely hands on. There is no down time, so you must have a lot of energy. Being a friendly person is key. The employees work together everyday to give the customers the best experience possible. No one position is more important than the other. All of our movements are micromanaged to create consistent quality in the food and experience.
A fun working environment that encourages personal belief in the company for the highest standard.
Level 6 Employee/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 8, 2015
Maintain high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations. Communicate clearly and positively with co-workers and management. Mastered point-of-service computer system for automated order taking. Handle currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately. Follow procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation. Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation. Resolve complaints promptly and professionally. Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling with team members to ensure seamless service.Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed.
always productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), San Lorenzo, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: free food while working
Cons: not consistent hours
working for in n out has been fun, im always busy when im there and theres never a dull moment. its taught me a lot about customer service.
Great starting job but not a future
Custodian/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Novato, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free meals, great staff environment, high standards
Cons: demanding workload which comes in spurts, followed by long, slow periods of time
If you need hours and can work hard then In N Out burger might be the place for you. It provides high school and entry level college students with much needed hours, but it can be very demanding and for little compensation, although nationally more than most other fast food chains. I spent my time as a custodian and maintenance technician there. I worked very hard each day just to keep up with company standards which I admit are very high.
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Palms, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, relationships with fellow associates, good work
Cons: fellow associates who do not believe in the company ideal set, potential to work a well over 8 hour shift, dirty work
Fun work environment that engendered associates to have pride in their work and value loyalty. While some may consider it "flipping burgers and making french fries", there is really more to it.
The interpersonal relationships with fellow associates, as far as loyalty, having one another's back, doing one's best possible work so as not to make someone elses job harder, believing in a compensation system built on fairness of learned and mastered skills, whether "liked" by managment team or not. Truely a work palce where advancement IS entirely based on skill level and the manner in which the job is executed. (meaning attitude, adhereence to company policy, ability to work well with others). Two of my closest friends, neither which still work at INO anymore, but met them both working for INO, at different stores, but one friendship is 17 years long and the other about 15, and that will last a lifetime. Probably one of the best jobs I have ever had and will have. Still miss it occasionally and it has been 12 years since I worked there. Overall,it was a great time.
Good Place to work while in School & Beyond
Associate Crew (Current Employee), Daly City, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, competitive pay, friendly staff, great managers, fun environment
Cons: work load can be a bit overwhelming, new hires means you need to pick up some of their slack
This place is a good place to work at while in school, hours are flexible, you get continuous raises within months of working. Earn up to six digit salary if you do decide to become a store manager. Store managers can be a hit or miss but so far its all a hit The food is great and always fresh. This is literally the best fast food burger restaurant in California.
Fantastic high school/college job, with potential for an amazing career
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free meal, great pay and benefits, chances to improve and gain new skills
Cons: Short breaks, physically tiring
In N Out is the best college job I could have asked for. They have amazing pay, amazing benefits, a positive work environment, great management, friendly employees, and maybe most importantly, a high quality product. After working at In N Out for 5 years, I still love eating the food, which is more than I have heard from any other fast food employee. It is a trying job for sure, to stay on your feet and stay busy for long periods, but I gained great customer service skills and the time usually flies because of the fun environment. All of the management in the company started out as a new hire, just like everyone else, so I felt like all of my managers genuinely cared about my work and personal life, and they could always accommodate my crazy schedule. On top of the great pay and fun environment, the company throws a picnic for every employee in the company, every year. It's usually at a waterpark/ theme park, and they have free entrance, food, and a raffle (I won an iPad once!). In addition, they also give opportunities for individual stores to have parties for the employees when they meet sales goals. Because this company is not a franchise, they are incredibly organized and have figured out how to get and keep happy employees. I am truly a life long fan of this amazing company!
Friendly, fun, team-oriented, fast-paced
Store Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 3, 2015
In-N-Out is a great company. Very hands-on when training. Staff is well-organized, efficient, friendly, fun. Lots of opportunity for growth. Busy but manageable.
Most fun job!!
Associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, fun workplace, high pay, alot of opportunity for growth, consistent pay raise
I LOVED working for In-N-Out it was so fun, and it taught me so much about team work, communication, and most of all customer service. The level of customer service they taught me to always carry, has made a major impact in my career. There is so much opportunity for growth, and they pay you SO well. I had this job all throughout high school and college. Loved it so much :)
Fast paced team oriented family owned business
Associate (Former Employee), Prescott, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: works around my school schedule
Cons: not all work ethics are the same
This job has taught me more about people and customer service than any other position I have held. I have worked up the corporate ladder and fulfilled quite a bit, including training new employees. I would highly recommend this organization to any person, of any age. When the prescribed procedures are followed, this organization flourishes.
Fast Paced
Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Never get off on time
It's very fast paced if it's a very busy store. You will always multitask and sometimes it can become very overwhelming. The company treats their employee's really good, but I can't say that about every store manager. You might stay 3 hours after your shift was suppose to be over. There can also be a lot of drama between the other associates. I enjoy the picnics that they host for the employee's. You win prizes and eat food and just have a great time. I learned how to work at a very face past and also how to multitask. I also leaned how to talk and interact with customers.
Great place to start .
Clean up associate (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAMay 20, 2015
Now here's a outstanding job\and or career. My regular day would start at 1:30am to 10:30am , but I believe now it starts at 5am to 3pm. A "typical day" would include coming in to a messy and leaving EVERYTHING INSIDE AND OUT IMACULATE ! I learned that the clean up guys at any in-n-out are like the marines in the "fast food" cleaning world. We are fast paced, efficient , and most of all we get everything done .My co-workers were the best part of the job, everyone that I worked with was down to earth , chill and respectful. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with management expectations , MOST of the managers never knew how hard we worked but they knew how high they want to set the bar. I would say that my co-workers and the customers that I see everyday were the most enjoyable part of the job.
fast pace
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short break
typical day at work would be a cold early morning on fishermens wharf in San Francisco as soon as the doors open it was busy. i learn to work in a face paced environment as well as giving great quality costumer service. All the co-workers where very team orientated. Hardest part of the job was clocking out knowing my team still had another hard shift to run. Most enjoyable i would have to say the whole work environment.
Perfect work environment for the outgoing and fun employee
LEVEL 3 ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Addison, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free meals, great benefits
Coming into work at In-N-Out is always a fun time. Shifts are hard and fast-paced but always rewarding. A typical day includes a challenging rush of customers with down time to recover. Time management is a skill learned at this job. The management here is always positive and sets high expectations that employees strive to meet. Co-workers create a fun and positive environment that turn into a family. Hardest part of the job is the physically intense and stressful aspect of each shift. You are constantly busy and multi-tasking. However, that can also be the best part! You are never bored, and the fast-paced flow is often very fun.
fun place to work
manager and coporate trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2015
Great place to work if you are willing to do everything you are told exactly how you are told to do it. must be ok with working holidays for no extra pay,
Great first job
Associate Level 3 (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great team, great management, amazing company
Cons: People might look down on you because you work in fast food
Team members are amazing (feels like family), management communicates everything very well, fun environment, can get hot when working near the grills, great first job
Good first job
Store Associate (Former Employee), Menifee, CAMay 7, 2015
This company offers great training. Your experience will vary depending on what store you get hired at. Good first job, but don't get stuck here.
amazing place to work
Level Five Associate (Current Employee), Placerville, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: free burger, accommodating to schedule, fun
This job is amazing. Its like working with your family. Going to work everyday while challenging and fasted paced is like a party.