In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

My second family and fast pace industry
Assistant Manager/CSR Level (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 1, 2014
As a Level 7 Associate, I work as a Cook and I am an Assistant Manager. Customer Service is a major part of my work with IN-N-OUT. It is necessary to maintain strong interpersonal, language, communication and conversational skills. Ability to adapt and follow instructions. Ability to move from one work area to another at a moment's notice and multi-task. Responsible for the operation of store equipment, and effective operation of such equipment. Ability to interact positively and productively with co-workers and customers. Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures. Report incidents as necessary and handle any escalations in order to meet the needs and expectations of customers and staff.
Amazing Company
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2013
In-N-Out Burger is definitely a company worth working for. Their values and standards are wholesome and set high to ensure quality service and food. A typical day is fast-paced and high-stress, but everyone has a smile on and the challenges make each day interesting. Management is well-structured and fair. The co-workers are always welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of the job is smelling like In-N-Out Burger all the time and the strict dress-code. Also, it is easy to get glared at if you ever fall behind on a position. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting through the day successfully and moving up the In-N-Out Level Ladder.
Pros
free food during shift, annual company picnic, sick/vacation pay
Cons
strict dress code, high-stress, strict rules
Fast pace
Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 4, 2013
I enjoy working for in-n-out its a great company to work for they really do appreciate their associates and do what they can to make us all happy. Im an extremely hard worker ther everyday. I always make sure the customer is happy and enjoy their visit. I clean, organize, help in needed areas like handing out orders, taking orders, making fries, making burgures, and just all round in evry postiton helping where its needed. The hardest part would have to be dealing with mean customers, but thats ok I handle it with care and passion and make sure the customer leaves happy! I enjoy most is the fast pace and the friendly staff i work with and we all come together as a team and get things done correctly, fast, and fun with smiles on our faces.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not enough hours
Fast pace environment and learned how to work well under pressure
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work is usually hectic to say the least. I learned how to multitask quickly and continue to push myself until the job is finished. Management worked with us during shifts and performed the same tasks that we did. They helped us just as much as we helped them in the way of getting tasks done or staying longer than scheduled to help the team out during rushes. the was minimal gossip between coworkers and always helped pull each others weight during work. In my opinion, the most enjoyable part of the job is feeling exhausted not because I pushed myself for 8+ hours, but because I know I made a difference for my team and the customers for their visit at In-N-Out Burger.
Excellent environment, always room to grow.
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 13, 2012
Every day at In N Out is enjoyable, everyone works together as a team, helping each other out to get the job done. When you clock in you are told what position you will be working that day, and get all of your breaks on time. The managment team is great, we have four different managers, advancing all the time. My co-workers and I get along great, always joking around and having a great time, but still delivering the customers quality bugers. The hardest part of my job, is my condition on my hands, I have eczema on my hands and the environment there does not suit this condition. I love seeing my co-workers advance, and get so excited. That is definately the highlight of working at In N Out.
Perfect work environment for the outgoing and fun employee
LEVEL 3 ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 13, 2015
Coming into work at In-N-Out is always a fun time. Shifts are hard and fast-paced but always rewarding. A typical day includes a challenging rush of customers with down time to recover. Time management is a skill learned at this job. The management here is always positive and sets high expectations that employees strive to meet. Co-workers create a fun and positive environment that turn into a family. Hardest part of the job is the physically intense and stressful aspect of each shift. You are constantly busy and multi-tasking. However, that can also be the best part! You are never bored, and the fast-paced flow is often very fun.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Great Experience
Worked and helped manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills CAFebruary 7, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with many customers, being part of a team, and learning more and more about the business. I learned how to handle many different situations, be part of a team, handle money, work in a fast paced environment, and be successful in what I do. The management was just as great as the employees, always giving advice and helping you to succeed. Hardest part of the job was when it got slow as I am a very fast and hard worker. I do not care to sit around when the job had no work for me to do in a single work shift. The most enjoyable part was the managers and co- workers they were all so helpful that everyday went by with ease.
Pros
had in and out often
Cons
rude customers
Fun, friendly and fast paced environment
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 19, 2013
A typical work day varies depending on which postion I worked but usually it consisted of greeting customers and taking their orders. I learned fantastic people skills and great customer service. The management team generally looks out for its employees. All of my coworkers were fun and friendly people many of whom, I hang out with outside of work. The hardest part of the job is the speed at which I needed to process customer transactions. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know many of our regular customers and talking to them when they came in.
Pros
free burger and fries every shift, coworkers are like family
Cons
frequent eqiupment malfunctions
I enjoyed very much working at In N Out
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day working at In N Out was hard work. The second you come onto the job you are swamped with work, dealing with hundreds of hungry customers, making sure all their food is correct, preparing all the food and handling their money. I learned how to deal with customers in a very good way and that the customer is always right. The managers and co workers were all great people to work with, always friendly and always helpful. The hardest part of my job was when i had multiple customers asking me different things at once but i managed to do it. The most enjoyable part was making the customer happy by bringing them their delicious food.
Pros
free lunch, great staff
Cons
Fun, fast, and team oriented
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJuly 3, 2012
Typical day as a manager includes monitoring daily operations, staffing positions inside the restaurant and maintaining company standards through out the day. The who work there are motivated, talented and have great customer service. It is a difficult job to maintain as the business is constantly fluctuating and can and will be extremely busy; unlike any other restaurant out there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. Working together to achieve daily goals and creating a smooth operation with clear communication.
Pros
benefits, great pay, team environment, company events, free meals
Cons
wprking late hours, weekends and holidays.
Fast-paced, stressful, rewarding
4th Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 28, 2014
The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and babysitting young workers who don't see In N Out as a career. A store manager will definitely make six figures but it takes an average of 10 years to get there. Once at a management level, you are transferred from store to store in the division at the discretion of your division manager. It can be a rewarding career, but In N Out really does make you work for the money. Most managers start getting grey hairs or begin losing their hair in the late twenties.
Pros
free meals, great pay, great benefits, great culture
Cons
stressful, 0 work/life balance for full timers, management can very from great to horrible
Great place to work as a teen or start a career!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 12, 2015
In-N-Out teaches its employees what it takes to be successful. And the lessons apply to many fields such as teamwork, customer service, leadership, and hardwork. The energy working at In-N-Out is incredible and you'll make lasting friendships. Free meals and good pay are part of the job. There is a lot of moving and you'll smell like burgers at the end of your shift. Fast-paced, great leaders and a career path if you choose so. I highly recommend working at In-N-Out as a high school job or career path if you want to be in the restaurant business.
Pros
free meal, good pay, fun environment, respectable company
Cons
lots of standing and walking, smell like burgers
Great Work environment , productive
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 7, 2015
Day at work consists of clocking in on time and doing our regularly 5-step warm up, check in with managers on what position to work at.
help new hires. helping customers and answering all questions asked. the managers really listen to you and help you with anything and any problems you may have . The hardest part of the job is when we get rushes and not enough employees to help with the rush. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone works together and communicates and we are all working hard to make our customers happy. a very positive and great work environment.
Pros
free lunches. great friendships
Cons
sometimes not enough employees
Productive and fun work place
Level 6-Cook (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 7, 2015
The line up tells you what position you have been placed at for the day. I learned a lot about customer service, the customer is always right. It was really fun working with friends as my co-workers and feels like a second home. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was willing to work hard to get through the rush at lunch and dinner time, without everyone's cooperation, the quality would decrease and so would everyone's attitude. THe most enjoyable part was the encouragement we received throughout the day.
Pros
free lunch and lots of perks
Cons
closing shifts from 5pm to 2am can ware a person out, if they are working the same hours constantly
Productive, fun, and challenging environment.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 31, 2013
There isn't really a "typical" day at work at In N Out. Every day is different, but we are always hard at work serving up people their burgers. My coworkers are great and really make In N Out a wonderful place to work at. They are one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. I've learned how to be successful in a stressful, fast paced environment; my multitasking skills have grown tenfold; and I learned how to train other employees at certain jobs and how to give the best customer service. Apart from my coworkers, the starting pay and flexible schedule is the best part of the job, it's really great for people who are starting their first job.
Great place to work, learn, fast paced
Cook I (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2013
You clock in go to your assigned position and do the best job you can do. Its about being a part of team, every position is just as important. An error in one area effects the whole team, it all ties in together.
The management team, as well as the co-workers, are there to help you grow within the company, they are constantly training you and if you work hard for them, they work hard for you.
The hardest part for me was learning how to multitask at closing, but everyone there is there to help each other and it relieves the stress knowing they've got your back (that's the best part too).
Pros
free lunches and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Free Burgers for lunch, great company pic-nics and Christmas Party!
Asset Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMay 20, 2013
Though the company has great core values, they sorely lack in trust. They record your phone conversations and have cameras in places you couldn’t imagine. In their effort to reduce the high cost of unemployment benefits they often go out of their way to target a departing employee and attempt to block any chances of the associate collecting their well needed benefits. Other than that it is a fun place to work with a lot of great benefits.
Pros
free burgers for lunch, great company pic-nics and christmas party!
Cons
under educated management teams. trust issues
Customer service at its best with opportunities for employee advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work involved practicing good customer service, training employees, and handling problems as they arose.

I learned to respect employees and customers alike.

I helped my co-workers learn the value and importance of teamwork.

The hardest part of my job was the requirement of working long hours and not having as much family time as I would have liked.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and meeting new people.
Pros
opportunities for advancement and workers feel like family.
Cons
long hours. small work environment at times.
Great place to work if you need a flexible job with great pay!
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAOctober 1, 2013
This is job is great for people that are willing to provided exceptional customer service and can handle a fast pace environment. Job pays great and it has an extremely flexible schedule. The only downside to the pay is that the maximum hours you can work are 25 per week which may not be enough for some people, but it works for a high school or college student that is in need of some spending money.
Pros
free lunch, builds your customer service skills, flexible schedule, great pay
Cons
must be able to keep up with a fast pace environment and have a positive attitude at all times
Great starting job but not a future
Custodian/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJune 8, 2015
If you need hours and can work hard then In N Out burger might be the place for you. It provides high school and entry level college students with much needed hours, but it can be very demanding and for little compensation, although nationally more than most other fast food chains. I spent my time as a custodian and maintenance technician there. I worked very hard each day just to keep up with company standards which I admit are very high.
Pros
Free meals, great staff environment, high standards
Cons
demanding workload which comes in spurts, followed by long, slow periods of time

4.5