In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Always Busy
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Busy from opening till close. I learned a lot working here for example, if one slacks in a working position the whole team suffers. Must have strong communication skills and patience like master Yoda.
Pros
Free meal every shift.
Cons
Health benefits after one year with the company
Excellent Company
Entry Level Programmer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2016
In-N-Out Burger might be the best company I have ever worked for. The emphasis on customer service and team member support is not matched by anyone I have ever worked for. This is a company that loves its customers, and loves its team members as well. It does not take long for you to realize that In-N-Out is so much more than burgers, fries, and shakes. They have positions for people have all background and aspirations, and this is a company that will support your goals even if they take you away from the company itself.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2016
Management is very supportive and want you to succeed. It's relatively easy to make it from level 1-5, all you have to do is learn a particular skill. after that is management and your store manager must believe you have what it takes. they take great care of their employees.
Pros
supportive, encouraging, and rewarding
Cons
Can be stressful
Perfect introduction to the food industry
Store Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 27, 2016
This place is to date the best place I've ever worked at before. I learned how to use a register and prepare potatoes. This was my first customer service Job as well which I was amazing at.
Pros
Free Lunches and Flexible Hours
Cons
Shorter breaks, On your feet all the time
Disciplined
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 24, 2016
It is a very disciplined environment. You will be on the clock. The store gets busy. The founder was a navy guy so it is really strict. There is a standard that they are going to hold all workers too
Pros
free food
Cons
hard work
Awesome Company, especially for young people entering the workforce.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2016
In-N-Out was my first job and I will have to say, making $12.00/per hour while still in High School was pretty awesome. It is tons of fun and there is plenty of opportunity to advance in the company if it is what you would like to consider as a career.
Pros
Staff, Management, Environment, Food
Very happy and fun environment to work in, and pays great
Store associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2016
In-n-Out has great employees, and well-trained management. Great opportunity for advancement, and great pay for part-time people. Difficult to make a living unless you're in management though.
Fun and Fast Paced
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 22, 2016
It is not your typical fast food joint, they focus on quality in all aspects of the business. They train you to work fun and work hard! Always stay busy, cross training available to learn and grow with the company. They make sure you learn each part of the job before leaving you to work independently. Communication is key to maintain efficiency, quality and accuracy.
Pros
free lunch, great work environment, washed uniforms, flexible hours, growth opportunities
Cons
you may smell like onions always, tiring work
Fast paced and exciting workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 19, 2016
High level of attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, team oriented atmosphere, fun and vibrant work environment, high caliber work ethics, above average salary, great benefits.
productive place.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 12, 2016
Fast pace business but overall in n out is definitely an awesome place to work for, anyone wanting or looking for a first time job this is the place.
Productive work place, always busy, great at training. Good management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTDecember 10, 2016
I had a great time working at In and Out Burger. I started working there in 2011 immediately I started to train. Worked my way up in to a manager position. I learned do many things!
Pros
Free lunch. Positive environment. Great pay. Flexible schedule. Benefits. Give great rewards.
Cons
Smell like grease.
Very fast pace.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 6, 2016
Loved every minute i worked there. Everyone got along with each other. Great place to work for. Constantly working on your feet. Never a dull moment. Learned a lot of new things.
Its a great place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZDecember 6, 2016
This place is great to work at a very happy environment the employer are amazing and they work really hard for you and a very friendly place to go and work
Amazing company!!!
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Michigan Center, MIDecember 5, 2016
Every single day everyone tries their absolute best to make everyone feel welcome, important, responsible, and valued. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards..All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Fast-paced Fast food restaurant
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 1, 2016
I loved working at In-N-Out Burger. I've worked for the company off-and-on for over 5 years. My coworkers were awesome and I still keep in close contact with many of them, the workplace was fast-paced yet it ran smooth thanks to these awesome coworkers and managers. I dealt a lot with interacting with customers. I was both a counter and drive-thru cashier and order-taker, I was in the dining area talking to customers and making sure they were having a memorable experience. I have Asperger's Syndrome and struggle with fast hand-eye coordination, which is the main reason why I didn't advance far in the company. I was good at a few positions and my managers would mainly put me on positions because I wasn't as fast enough at the others such as drive-thru or cooking the fries. Overall, I loved my experience working for In-N-Out Burger. It is definitely the best job I've ever had so far in my life.
Pros
Free lunches, great coworkers, great pay
Love this company
Dining Room/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 1, 2016
This place is a varied job, I would either work the cash register, stay cleaning the dinning from all day and or taking orders in the drive through, along with cooking up the frys and or dress and wrap the burgers. A lot of customer service constant standing for 6-8 hours and non stop communication with employees and customers.
Excellent Training
Level 2 Associate (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CANovember 30, 2016
This was my first real job. I cannot express how valuable the training that I received there has been. Every time I go in for a job interview, I am always asked about my experience working for IN-N-OUT because their reputation precedes them. All my employers since IN-N-OUT know they can expect excellent work ethic from me for having worked there.
Amazing upbeat workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 29, 2016
In-N-Out burger is an amazing company to work for. They set high expectations for their associates but they are not hard to meet. The management is the best i have had at any job. Would highly recommend In-N-Out if you are able to work in a high pace, high pressure situation. They will build you up and try to better you ever day as long as you put the effort in as well. The only down side is they have very strict grooming standards... short clean unpolished nails, no tattoos, one earring per ear.
Pros
Great fast pace friendly environment
Cons
No tattoos. No piercings
Fun place!
Level III Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 28, 2016
I had alot of fun at this location and learned alot about myself and team work groups. My co-workers were very involved in each others personal lives, which was hard for me to handle, but it made the work day more interesting.
Pros
Free Burger a shift
Cons
Shifted hours
Strong Teamwork
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CANovember 23, 2016
Every single day everyone tries their absolute best to make everyone feel welcome, important, responsible, and valued. Moving up in the company is frequent and absolutely hoped for by everyone.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules, strong leaders
Cons
short breaks, long hours, standing for whole shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5