In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Good Place to work while in School & Beyond
Associate Crew (Current Employee), Daly City, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, competitive pay, friendly staff, great managers, fun environment
Cons: work load can be a bit overwhelming, new hires means you need to pick up some of their slack
This place is a good place to work at while in school, hours are flexible, you get continuous raises within months of working. Earn up to six digit salary if you do decide to become a store manager. Store managers can be a hit or miss but so far its all a hit The food is great and always fresh. This is literally the best fast food burger restaurant in California.
Fantastic high school/college job, with potential for an amazing career
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free meal, great pay and benefits, chances to improve and gain new skills
Cons: Short breaks, physically tiring
In N Out is the best college job I could have asked for. They have amazing pay, amazing benefits, a positive work environment, great management, friendly employees, and maybe most importantly, a high quality product. After working at In N Out for 5 years, I still love eating the food, which is more than I have heard from any other fast food employee. It is a trying job for sure, to stay on your feet and stay busy for long periods, but I gained great customer service skills and the time usually flies because of the fun environment. All of the management in the company started out as a new hire, just like everyone else, so I felt like all of my managers genuinely cared about my work and personal life, and they could always accommodate my crazy schedule. On top of the great pay and fun environment, the company throws a picnic for every employee in the company, every year. It's usually at a waterpark/ theme park, and they have free entrance, food, and a raffle (I won an iPad once!). In addition, they also give opportunities for individual stores to have parties for the employees when they meet sales goals. Because this company is not a franchise, they are incredibly organized and have figured out how to get and keep happy employees. I am truly a life long fan of this amazing company!
Friendly, fun, team-oriented, fast-paced
Store Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 3, 2015
In-N-Out is a great company. Very hands-on when training. Staff is well-organized, efficient, friendly, fun. Lots of opportunity for growth. Busy but manageable.
Most fun job!!
Associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, fun workplace, high pay, alot of opportunity for growth, consistent pay raise
I LOVED working for In-N-Out it was so fun, and it taught me so much about team work, communication, and most of all customer service. The level of customer service they taught me to always carry, has made a major impact in my career. There is so much opportunity for growth, and they pay you SO well. I had this job all throughout high school and college. Loved it so much :)
Fast paced team oriented family owned business
Associate (Former Employee), Prescott, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: works around my school schedule
Cons: not all work ethics are the same
This job has taught me more about people and customer service than any other position I have held. I have worked up the corporate ladder and fulfilled quite a bit, including training new employees. I would highly recommend this organization to any person, of any age. When the prescribed procedures are followed, this organization flourishes.
Fast Paced
Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Never get off on time
It's very fast paced if it's a very busy store. You will always multitask and sometimes it can become very overwhelming. The company treats their employee's really good, but I can't say that about every store manager. You might stay 3 hours after your shift was suppose to be over. There can also be a lot of drama between the other associates. I enjoy the picnics that they host for the employee's. You win prizes and eat food and just have a great time. I learned how to work at a very face past and also how to multitask. I also leaned how to talk and interact with customers.
Great place to start .
Clean up associate (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAMay 20, 2015
Now here's a outstanding job\and or career. My regular day would start at 1:30am to 10:30am , but I believe now it starts at 5am to 3pm. A "typical day" would include coming in to a messy and leaving EVERYTHING INSIDE AND OUT IMACULATE ! I learned that the clean up guys at any in-n-out are like the marines in the "fast food" cleaning world. We are fast paced, efficient , and most of all we get everything done .My co-workers were the best part of the job, everyone that I worked with was down to earth , chill and respectful. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with management expectations , MOST of the managers never knew how hard we worked but they knew how high they want to set the bar. I would say that my co-workers and the customers that I see everyday were the most enjoyable part of the job.
fast pace
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short break
typical day at work would be a cold early morning on fishermens wharf in San Francisco as soon as the doors open it was busy. i learn to work in a face paced environment as well as giving great quality costumer service. All the co-workers where very team orientated. Hardest part of the job was clocking out knowing my team still had another hard shift to run. Most enjoyable i would have to say the whole work environment.
Perfect work environment for the outgoing and fun employee
LEVEL 3 ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Addison, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free meals, great benefits
Coming into work at In-N-Out is always a fun time. Shifts are hard and fast-paced but always rewarding. A typical day includes a challenging rush of customers with down time to recover. Time management is a skill learned at this job. The management here is always positive and sets high expectations that employees strive to meet. Co-workers create a fun and positive environment that turn into a family. Hardest part of the job is the physically intense and stressful aspect of each shift. You are constantly busy and multi-tasking. However, that can also be the best part! You are never bored, and the fast-paced flow is often very fun.
fun place to work
manager and coporate trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2015
Great place to work if you are willing to do everything you are told exactly how you are told to do it. must be ok with working holidays for no extra pay,
Great first job
Associate Level 3 (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great team, great management, amazing company
Cons: People might look down on you because you work in fast food
Team members are amazing (feels like family), management communicates everything very well, fun environment, can get hot when working near the grills, great first job
Good first job
Store Associate (Former Employee), Menifee, CAMay 7, 2015
This company offers great training. Your experience will vary depending on what store you get hired at. Good first job, but don't get stuck here.
amazing place to work
Level Five Associate (Current Employee), Placerville, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: free burger, accommodating to schedule, fun
This job is amazing. Its like working with your family. Going to work everyday while challenging and fasted paced is like a party.
Fast-paced environment
Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good pay, great environment, good benefits
Cons: hard communication with management at times
A typical day at work could be anything from taking orders to cooking burgers and handing out food.
I learned that working in a fast-paced environment was my strength and that providing good customer service goes a long way.
Management was cool. They were strict when they needed to be but were laid back when they wanted to be.
My co-workers were great. They were the reason why time went by so quick. We would sing and joke around but also help each other out when we needed it.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with those certain customers and trying to find the best way to keep them happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was again, the fast-paced parts of the day. When we would have a rush and be selling thousands of burgers and associates were forced to work as a team to have everything running smooth.
Salad Table Preparer (Former Employee), californiaMay 6, 2015
Pros: company takes their workers out to places, great pay
Cons: short breaks, don't get a lot of benefits, lots of pressure
It is a family owned company, which is a huge plus. When you reach store goals, the company rewards you. Overall, the company rewards you regardless. There is a lot of pressure and you have to work in a quick paced environment. The company is very strict, but the pay is totally worth it.
great place to work
Associate Level 6 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2015
great place to work loved working there enjoyed working for this great company sad that I couldn't continue working there
Fun place to work with many benefits.
In-N-Out employee (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 4, 2015
Managers always enforced the importance to please the customers and ensure they left with no complaints. My position at work would fluctuate which would kept it interesting and my energy up. I learned it is the employees job to make sure customers want to come back and enjoy their experience at In-N-Out. Managers organized the employees so we always felt we were busy doing something productive. Co-workers were friendly and happy to be at work. The hardest part of the job was rush hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
Amazing!
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), 12909 Midway rdApril 28, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, customer service is a plus.
Cons: NONE
Management is amazing there. They stay training you on every position, Being crossed trained is always a great thing.
Every associate there is with you along the way, because its like we are all family there. Taking care of customers is the number one thing that we take pride in is "serving the customers"
Fast paced, fun, challenging, rewarding
Associate (Former Employee), Orange County, CAApril 16, 2015
The two most valuable lessons I have taken from working at In N Out Burger are the value of hard work and the importance of customer service. It is a very fast-paced work environment that requires each associate to work together as one functioning unit. A high level of communication is at the core of the hard work and the customer service that In N Out exhibits, and it is necessary in order to keep an efficient work environment. Not only is the professional work atmosphere at In N Out brimming with camaraderie, respect, and friendliness, but it is also highly motivating and rewarding. I think the most difficult part about working at In N Out was finding an efficient and balanced way to provide rapid and high quality service. However, over time and with gained experience, each associate eventually finds a comfortable rhythm and system that works best for he or she. The most enjoyable thing about coming into work everyday was, no doubt, getting to work with my fellow associates and managers. Considering the amount of work involved and the high standards that are expected to be met, In N Out has the potential to be an extremely stressful job; however, this is not the case. The store environment is positive, encouraging, and unifying in such a way that not only builds a team of workers striving towards one goal, but also friendships and leaders.
Excellent Company
Level 6-cook (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAApril 15, 2015
I love that you have a flexible schedule and your coworkers are always chipper and excited to be there! Which part time positions do you know of that pays out vacation time to part time employees? They definitely take care of their associates!