In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Good college job
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
Hours are pretty flexible and associates are always fun. You can always move up positions but once you get higher, the longer it takes to move up and get full-time.
Loved working with positive associates and kept everything friendly.
In N Out (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I learned to communicate with customers and associates better while working here and being very clear with everyone so there was no mistake
Fast pace enviroment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2015
In-n-out is a very fast pace environment. You always have to be on top of things. But our main goal is the customer. I have learned over the years how to properly deal with customers. The company stresses to their employees how important it is to take care of the customer.
Pros
free lunch, flexiable hours
Cons
no healthcare for part-time employees
Productivity
Associate (Current Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAJanuary 5, 2016
At In-N-Out, I learned how to balance quality and speed to provide the best service. The speed of the operation creates awareness and helps to improve a sense of urgency. Also, I learned how to collaborate with co-workers and provide the best customer service.
Simply the Best!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I honestly don't have a negative thing to say about In N Out outside of having to close until 2am. If you need a job that expects excellence then come here because it won't dissapoint. Best first job ever!
Pros
Excellence work environment
Cons
late nights
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 16, 2016
Great first job while king through high school. Many family members have a career at the company and talk very highly on how they are treated.
Productive hard working environment with many tasks to be done
Cashier/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 16, 2016
At In-N-Out, we have to make sure the food is prepared up to customers standards, the customer is happy and taken care of by great customer service, and make sure the work environment is clean and properly working. I would help make the burgers, fries, drinks, take orders/ handle money, and see if any of my associates needed help with their job on a typical day. It is a very team oriented atmosphere, therefore communication is a skill I am use to, and am able to handle pressure, since it is always busy. My co workers are easy to get along with and are there to help each other in need. The hardest part about the job is the labor. The days are hectic and can cause physical pain in the back. Also, the hours, staying open until 1 in the morning, can be difficult to enjoy. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and getting the satisfaction that a customer is happy with their experience. The associates there are great and have made many long term friendships.
Pros
Free Meals, health, dental, and eye care benefits
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, poor management
Fast pace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAApril 16, 2016
Very good company to work for. They pay very well for the industry and take care of you. Management career can earn you 100k +.
Pros
free food, benefits
Productive and fun workplace high energy required
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 13, 2015
Management are easy to work with as well as associates, tough physical labor at a very fast pace, learned a lot about food-handling, sanitation, food prep, customer service and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunches, dental healthcare offered, discount gym memberships, investment opportunites for associates, company celebrations.
Cons
short breaks, demanding physical labor, very busy and at times overwhelmingly fast-paced
Great Work environment , productive
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 7, 2015
Day at work consists of clocking in on time and doing our regularly 5-step warm up, check in with managers on what position to work at.
help new hires. helping customers and answering all questions asked. the managers really listen to you and help you with anything and any problems you may have . The hardest part of the job is when we get rushes and not enough employees to help with the rush. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone works together and communicates and we are all working hard to make our customers happy. a very positive and great work environment.
Pros
free lunches. great friendships
Cons
sometimes not enough employees
In-N-Out Burger is family owned and their morals show throughout the company.
Key holder/ Safety coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 30, 2015
As an employee at In-N-Out Burger I was treated with respect. I felt like I was apart of their family, management was very professional and helped each employee grow. During a typical day as a Key Holder I be one of the first two people to arrive. Either myself of my associate would let ourselves in through the main dinning doors and deactivate the security alarm. I would then begin my check-list walking throughout the property observing the previous night crews closing habits. Once the check-list has been completed: cleaning patio area, kitchen area, backroom, dressing rooms, refilling chemical solutions, confirming all safety equipment and emergency escape systems were working properly I would then move on to prepping the actual kitchen for opening. I would delegate all opening procedures until actual store management arrived to relieve us.
Pros
Ability to work without supervison and get the job done.
Cons
Early morning shifts.
Work was always interesting and at times, unpredictable
Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 20, 2015
It was a lot of fun to work at In N Out Burger. The variety of clientele and fluctuations in business made it hard to know what exactly I would be doing each day. The management was great, though there were always disagreements and room for improvement. The team was always very supportive and encouraging to move up the ladder.
Fun place to work as a starter job
Associate (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 16, 2015
I loved my time at in n out burger. This is a great starter job while in highschool/college. They work great around your school schedule and pay you above other comparable positions one could obtain while in school.
Pros
Great with school schedules, pay, and coworkers
Cons
working in fast food
productive fun place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 18, 2016
productive fun place to work but management was very poorly organized. Fast paced and very enjoyable co workers. Hardest part was keeping up orders.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
A health conscience fast food restauraunt
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Working for In-n-out Burger lets one become a store manager which is a great career. They are hard working employees that are taught the importance of fresh, clean produce.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Customer Service Associate, Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work is greeting all my fellow co workers with a smile and sincere greeting. The management is great and they allow me to grow in many ways. The have taught me how to train others professionally and caringly. I really enjoy the customers that come in every day and the challenges I face. The hardest part I guess would be how busy it can get, but It just makes me all the better!
I enjoyed very much working at In N Out
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day working at In N Out was hard work. The second you come onto the job you are swamped with work, dealing with hundreds of hungry customers, making sure all their food is correct, preparing all the food and handling their money. I learned how to deal with customers in a very good way and that the customer is always right. The managers and co workers were all great people to work with, always friendly and always helpful. The hardest part of my job was when i had multiple customers asking me different things at once but i managed to do it. The most enjoyable part was making the customer happy by bringing them their delicious food.
Pros
free lunch, great staff
Cons
Great place to work, fun and upbeat
Lvl 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2015
Greet all guests with a smile and a warm welcome. Provide excellent customer service, ensuring the customers are happy with the quality of service provided. Work closely with co-workers to accomplish set goals and tasks, ensuring that customers leave with a lasting impression.
Pros
Free Meals, flexible schedule
Cons
No Benefits
Level 6/Management
Management/Level 6 (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 17, 2015
In N Out was one of the best employers I have had the privilege of working for. Their training process and hiring process is one mastering the business system. At in n out customer service and confidence was of utmost importance, while working at In N Out I was able to receive promotions on a regular basis, we were in control of how much we were paid and how long we worked. One of the things I loved was all the hands on experience whether it be mastering a new position or doing inventory. Every position at In N Out was one I mastered.
Great Place to work
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  4115 campus Dr. Irvine Ca 92612October 13, 2015
This was my first job and i loved it was a great place to work also i have built a strong set of skills there. During my employment there I have learned a lot about the professional field which I have built great work ethic skills also leadership skills.
Pros
Great money also food
Cons
lack of communications with shift leads

4.5