In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employer Reviews

Fun and energetic environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free meals, offers dental even for part time workers, offers 401k.
Full of people smiling! This is a fast paced energetic and fun environment to work in. Passionate about good quality fresh foods and serving burgers with a smile
Fun, fast paced and interesting environment that really test one's customer service.
Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: you get a free burger during your shifts, management is very understanding of school schedule and are very flexible with hours, company provides christmas gifts to associates.
Cons: you spend hours on your feet, and your hours per week is usually inconsistant depending on business sales.
There is never a dull moment working at in n out burger. There is always something new to learn, something to improve on skill wise and not to mention a plethora of interesting characters that come through our restaurant. In n out burger is like my second family where everyone is considerate and always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of our job is that we are so nice that some times our customers do take advantage of that. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone works together during a rush(extremely busy hour either lunchtime or dinner time) to provide amazing burgers and happy customers. Not only that, but everyone is always smiling all the time here. This company really takes great care of their associates.
fun and professional atmosphere!!
Associate Level 4 (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great training, quick advancement, great pay, free meal
Cons: not enough hours for part time
I absolutely loved working for IN N OUT. I did not have any negative experiences here besides part timers hours having to get cut because of Obamacare. Coworkers were ALWAYS professional and friendly. It was rare that you had to pick up on somebody else s slack. They hire very hardworking people. They have a great training process and are always available to answer any questions you may have without making you feel like a bother.
maintain clenliness, provide exceptional customer service
Cashier / Cook / Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun culture
Cons: low pay, low hours
It was a fun culture. Was not fond of working in the food industry, and was not working 40 hours like I needed to be.
Great place to work! Learned so much!
Cashier, Customer service provider, Order taker (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great team work, good pay
Cons: labor, repetitive motions.
I loved being employeed at In-N-out. I have learned so much and I am able to carry on everything I've learned to create a positive furture. Everyone had to learn to work as a team. Being that the work was constant and repetitive it was important for everyone to work together. I will never forget my experince working for INO for 5 years. I like to take my speacial experiences and share them.
nice
Associate (Current Employee), San Pedro, CAJune 24, 2014
love the company would encourage any one to work here, every one helps
Fast paced environment with positive attitiudes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Worth, TxJune 20, 2014
Pros: experience, and meeting new people daily
Cons: hours fulxuated and managers switched often
A great first place to work. It definitely gets you to understand priorities. Fast paced and most everyone was a team player which makes the shift a lot more enjoyable. Get to meet so many new people in a day that come and go to the store. People from all over. Often times a customer will make your day.
Awesome company to work for
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 17, 2014
In-N-Out is an awesome company to work for as a student. They pay great, although the management in Tucson could use some work, and favoritism is a huge factor in moving up.
Fun place to work hard
Level 2 Associate (Current Employee), Hanford, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, benefits, compensation
Cons: short breaks
There's always something new to learn, the managers and co-workers are willing to guide you along the way. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast pace of things, but it's most enjoyable at this time because you can really see everyone having fun.
typical fast food experience.
Level 5 associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free burger, competitive starting wages, flexible hours
Working at in-n-out burger especially as a first job can be very beneficial. It has taught me the value of hard work, pride in our product, and ultimately that our customer is our greatest asset. Because if it wasn't for them we would have a job to begin with. Skills that I have learned from working there are communication skills and customer service/human relation. Management is average. There are those who stand out and do above and beyond and there also those who do whats needed. As for co-workers, all are like minded individuals who share the same characteristics of doing well for their job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the irrationally angry customer who cause trouble for no reason. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customer satisfied with their experience and thanking us for said experience.
Productive and a fun workplace
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee), South Gate, CAJune 11, 2014
Both Jobs were great to me in n out was like a family hard working and multitasking.
Stable but not good compensation
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), Mira Mesa, CAJune 1, 2014
I have worked here longer than my other jobs, the pay wasn't so good and I only worked 20 hours a week. It did help me with phone calls and computer training.
Very fast-pasced, happy and fun environment. Good pay!
Associate (Former Employee), Union City, CAMay 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, benefits
Cons: short breaks, standing all day.
Typical day would have lunch or dinner rushes. Very teamwork-oriented work setting. Management was very efficient and goal-oriented. Hardest part was compensating big orders quickly and correctly without causing traffic. Funnest part was being in an upbeat, popular environment. Learned a lot of problem-solving and customer satisfaction techniques.
Good company
Janitor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMay 13, 2014
Good company, benefits, and working environment. Enjoyed this position.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 8, 2014
Working at In-N-Out has shown me, and taught me many things. I love my fellow associates, they make the sometimes struggle of work easy and fun. The management is also a joy to work with. I have had many training sessions and I really enjoy my job
I loved everything about the job except the burger grease.
Cook (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 7, 2014
Such a positive workplace and great co-workers. I cant say anything negative about INO.
Wonderful company to work for with a great oppurtunities for advancement in management
Training Part-time Manager (Current Employee), Orem, UTMay 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch when you work a shift
In-N-Out Burger is a busy business where you have to have a good work ethic. The management is always very nice and the co-workers are fun and we are taught from the beggining to have a good attitude. The hardest part of this job is how busy it gets, but it is worth it.
Very Productive and established company
Pre-Management (Current Employee), Porter Ranch, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great work environment, and ability to adapt for the employee.
Cons: partial benefits for part timers and difficulty in being able to receive full time benefits
On a regular day we are generally very busy. Always moving at a fast pace but never jeopardizing the quality of our product. In my 8 years with the company I learned how to work with many types of personalities in order to make our team work the most efficient to serve our number one priority, the customer. Our management program is very good and consistent. We have many strong leaders that can motivate us to strive for our full potential. Many of our co-workers become close friends and feel almost like family, so working together is always enjoyable. The hardest part of the day would have to be when there are malfunctions with our equipment, big or small, that may delay our productivity. The best part of each day is seeing satisfied customers.
Customer service, food handling, and cashier. (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: paid trips to disneyland while giving us $75.00 spending money, company picnics, company parties at dave and busters, dodgers games, as well as attending clippers games while sitting in the vip box section.
Cons: short breaks, physically intensive, very demanding physically and mentally.
I appreciate how well the employees are taken care of. From our dental and health benefits for full-time but also part-time workers. Also, all of the luxuries that the company provides for us such as paid trips to Disneyland while giving us $75.00 spending money, company picnics, company parties at Dave and Busters, Dodgers games, as well as attending Clippers games while sitting in the VIP box section. I have learned about working for this multi-billion dollar company. I have learned how to interact effectively with different people from various backgrounds, how to manage large amounts of money, how to be responsible, and professional. Over all working here has been an amazing experience.
Fast-Paced Job with Good Pay, Somewhat Difficult Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, efficient company, good benefits if full-time.
Cons: demanding and fast-paced
In-N-Out Burger is a good place to work for those who enjoy a fast-paced environment and a decent income. INO (In-N-Out) is an alright place to work but it is pretty demanding. An associate needs to be efficient in their duties and knowledgeable, they will most likely not be fired but until they become more efficient or knowledgeable they will probably be looked down upon fellow associate (that's a hard part when first starting off there). Co-workers are fairly decent in regards to the store I worked at. Store Management was pretty good; however, it really depends what store you work - each manager is different, some good some bad. Breaks are alright. You must work 6 hours or more to get a 30 minute break. 4 hours or more you receive a 10 minute break. Every time you work, even if it's for 1 hour you get a free burger which is probably the best part. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 6.5.

About In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations in the western United States. Founded in 1948 by Harry – Read more