In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Multi-tasking work place with high volume daily
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day at work is never a slow one. We are always on our feet and helping customers and there is never nothing to do. I learned how to multi-task and to communicate to my customers. Management is like family at my store always trying to help us associates become better workers. The hardest part of the job is trying to help a high volume of customers at a time. The most enjoyable is having customers walk in and know you by name and the compliments received, also trying to set different goals as a team.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, associate outings
Cons
management change alot
In-N-Out
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 9, 2012
I've worked there for almost five years. They are very flexible with schedules and the management is friendly, supportive, and helpful. Coworkers are upbeat and friendly. The hardest part of the job is working during lunch hour and dinner time because of the sheer volume of customers that come to the store. This teaches us to multitask efficiently and put every second to good use. The most enjoyable part of the job is the company events as well as seeing the happy faces of people enjoying their meals.
Pros
free meal whenever you work, everyone friendly and upbeat
Cons
if you have a bad manager, you may get a bit overstressed
WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT!!!
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, CASeptember 3, 2015
A fun and exciting work environment if it is your first job. This job teaches people how to be diligent and efficient workers. In this type of job setting, it quickly teaches an individual about work ethic and a sense of urgency. It is a fantastic place to start a job career in high school and works great with a school schedule. The people associated at In-N-Out are very welcoming and friendly and strive to push each individual to achieve their personal best.
Pros
positive environment, teaches work ethic, and accountability
Cons
can be high stress and the breaks are no longer then 10 minutes
Enjoyable fast paced working enviroment
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 14, 2012
A Typical day at In-N-Out is a very enjoyable fast paced enviroment, which strives for dedication and team work. I've learned what true dedication and hopitality means. The priority on customer first and to never to give up and continue to push my self. Management is strict and hard working yet well mannered, respectful, and team oriented. The extreme physical work involved may be the toughest part but at the same time quite satisfying. The best part of the job is seeing the customers walk away with smiles on their faces as result of the outstanding customer service.
wholesome work place
Cashier level 2 (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 29, 2015
A typical day at IN-N-OUT would be cleaning, taking orders, working pay window, stalk up condiment and drink station, and making sure all of our customers walk in and walk out satisfied. I learned how to take detailed instructions. Also learned how to manage and count large sums of money. My co-workers were happy go lucky employees. They worked as an unbreakable force. Everyone was a team player and ready to jump on the next task! The hardest part of the job was cutting onions. Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing costumers leave with full satisfied bellies and smiles on their faces.
productive fast paced fun
United States Crew (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work would be interacting with customers and employees. Working as a team to help the customer. I learned a lot about business at this job due to management. Our management team was great very knowledgeable. Co-workers were very outgoing and friendly. A Very family oriented business that cares about you. There wasn't any hard parts about this job because In-N-Out trained all there associates very well. The most enjoyable part of working there were my co-workers all had a positive attitude.
Pros
free lunches good pay partial benefits at part time
Cons
short breaks
Great job for Honest, Hard Working People
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 22, 2012
Pretty cool place to work. Start at good pay but plan to work hard & fast. The best thing about the place was the people and environment, loved my co-workers and the company cares about its employees [payed for baseball games, Raging Waters admission, and seasonal gifts]. Recommend working there if you can handle the grind of day to day food service and always remain upbeat. Can be stressful most days, but I would never regret working there.
Pros
good starting pay, great co-workers, upbeat environment, company gifts
Cons
short breaks, always fast paced, demanding all around
In N Out Burger was a great company to work for
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 1, 2015
Going into work at In N Out every day can be different every day. Some days are very smooth while other days can be disastrous. It all depends on the team you are working with. It challenged me to work with others rather then forcing others to work with me. One of the strongest lessons i learned working there would be how to be a good teammate and rally others to be motivated. I loved the environment of In N Out but at the end of the day i really did not enjoy working with food. Its not something im passionate about.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours doing repetitive motions.
The best job I've had thus far.
Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 1, 2013
This is a job I will probably stay at for the rest of my life not matter if only working 1 day a month. The environment is fun, exciting, you learn something new everyday and they also teach you how to interact with the customers in such a positive way its hard for people not to leave happy. The associates are all amazing and my boss is probably one of the most admirable, honest, kind and fair men I have met in awhile. They teach you on a daily bases something new so its not the same repetitive thing everyday!
Pros
company picnics, free burger at every shift & amaing benefits
Cons
none in my opinion.
Fast Paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 24, 2015
It's very fast paced if it's a very busy store. You will always multitask and sometimes it can become very overwhelming. The company treats their employee's really good, but I can't say that about every store manager. You might stay 3 hours after your shift was suppose to be over. There can also be a lot of drama between the other associates. I enjoy the picnics that they host for the employee's. You win prizes and eat food and just have a great time. I learned how to work at a very face past and also how to multitask. I also leaned how to talk and interact with customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Never get off on time
Wonderful place to work for with a great team oriented atmosphere.
Level 5 Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CaOctober 13, 2012
Greet customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed. Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal customer. Worked as a team member performing cashier duties, product assistance and cleaning while providing excellent customer service. Assisted customers with store and product reviews and received multiple reviews acknowledging my level of dedication to excellent customer service. Ultimately, ensuring we kept our established logo, "Quality you can taste."
Fun place to work with many benefits.
In-N-Out employee (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 4, 2015
Managers always enforced the importance to please the customers and ensure they left with no complaints. My position at work would fluctuate which would kept it interesting and my energy up. I learned it is the employees job to make sure customers want to come back and enjoy their experience at In-N-Out. Managers organized the employees so we always felt we were busy doing something productive. Co-workers were friendly and happy to be at work. The hardest part of the job was rush hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
productive and busy workplace
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2013
a typical day at work would consist of my usually just working at the register, taking orders and making sure that i maintained a clean lobby and eating area for the customers. i learned alot about how everything worked except i didnt get to do as much as i wanted too. my co-workers were always great and helping. management they were cool, some thought they were better than the others, the hardest part about the job was the drive thru. and the most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. fun friendly people! always happy.
Pros
free bugers & fries
Cons
short breaks!
A great company to work for
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 13, 2013
In-N-Out Burger not only offers great pay and benefits to their employees, but also a respectful, well-managed and professional environment. The shifts are challenging in a very fulfilling way, and teamwork is an absolute must. The stores run on the associates' ability to communicate and work as a team to provide the customer with a consistently high quality product every time.

Management runs the company extremely well. Standards are not compromised, and my experience with management carries over a couple of stores. No complaints at either one.
Excellent workplace environment
Roseville, CA - Level 6 Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CA/ Roseville, CAMarch 25, 2015
In-N-Out Burger is a very fast paced and intense workplace. Excellent customer service is required. The co-workers are lively and all about the team productivity. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning a new trade (fries, cooking, cash handling, etc...) and being able to keep up with the fast paced environment that is In-N-Out. The best part of the job is seeing the smile on the customers face when they are satisfied with the meal that they have received.
Pros
Great customer service, Upbeat moral of the co-workers
Cons
Only 1 break
Solid College job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2015
This place is an excellent place to work while in college. They are very flexible around your schedule and will work with you. There is definitely favoritism when it comes to advancement especially into management. When you are hired they make it seem like anyone can advance into management which is simply not true. People only discover this after pouring a few years into the company. Job security for associates and managers is virtually non existent. I have seen associates of over 30 years fired for a minor offense, same goes for management.
Good Place to work while in School & Beyond
Associate Crew (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 5, 2015
This place is a good place to work at while in school, hours are flexible, you get continuous raises within months of working. Earn up to six digit salary if you do decide to become a store manager. Store managers can be a hit or miss but so far its all a hit The food is great and always fresh. This is literally the best fast food burger restaurant in California.
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive pay, friendly staff, great managers, fun environment
Cons
work load can be a bit overwhelming, new hires means you need to pick up some of their slack
productive and great place to learn multi-tasking and perfecting customer service skills.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 26, 2013
In N Out was a great place to work at while going to school. Besides being an honest company to work for, I felt i can take pride in the work I do. It allowed me to work while going to school, management was very flexible with my school schedule. I went to work excited about my shift. its also a great company for advancing to management as it offers many great incentives.
Pros
fast paced which allowed time to go much faster, free lunches, fun job.
Cons
sometimes stressful when understaffed.
Never a dull moment!
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 14, 2016
In-N-Out is an amazing company to work for. A typical day at work would consist of assisting customers and always providing them with amazing customer service. The managers were great role models on the shifts. My co-workers were always up beat and smiling. The hardest part of this job would be the rush hours, but with my managers and co-workers I always got through them with out a problem. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job would be the rush times, because they kept the shifts going.
Pros
great pay, enjoyable co-workers, fast pace
Cons
fun and professional atmosphere!!
Associate Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2014
I absolutely loved working for IN N OUT. I did not have any negative experiences here besides part timers hours having to get cut because of Obamacare. Coworkers were ALWAYS professional and friendly. It was rare that you had to pick up on somebody else s slack. They hire very hardworking people. They have a great training process and are always available to answer any questions you may have without making you feel like a bother.
Pros
great training, quick advancement, great pay, free meal
Cons
not enough hours for part time

4.5