In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work great pay. Managers could be better.
Clean up crew Nights (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company to work for, employees are great. Hardest part of the job was time management due to so much on the to do list.
Unless you're a lifer, they don't care about you
Store Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2013
You always hear wonderful things about In-N-Out. But the truth is, unless you're planning on going into management, the company cares very little about your happiness and comfort. I worked for the company off and on for 8 years, and I went about 5 of those years without a raise or training advancement because of how I looked. The company is against visible tattoos, so I had a meeting with a Division Manager to ask if it was all right if I were to tattoo my arms and wear a long sleeve. He said it was fine. And then I was treated like a piriah. The hours are long, the paces at which you work are intense, and there is a lot of pressure if you are human and make a mistake. Furthermore, you are not offered benefits unless you're full-time, and it's difficult to become full-time. There is a lot of favoritism, as well
Pros
pay, free food
Cons
benefits, messy, nepotism
Love them
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 14, 2016
great Christian company, great pay and benefits love them to death . wouldn't hesitate to work with them again. really is a family there. everyone has your back.
Great job for anyone who can work hard and work well under pressure.
Level 7, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2013
I've been there for almost a decade - since I turned 16 and could work! I know this job like the back of my hand but still see myself learning something new and improving. The people are what keep you coming back. It sure is a lot of standing up, moving around, physical labor, etc. For the pay and benefits, it's worth it. It also depends on the management team you have - I am lucky to be apart of such a great team now. I love the diversity of ages, ethnicity, and personalities in the stand.

It doesn't feel like work when you really like what you do. Yes - this is a job, so it gets stressful at times when people call in sick or it gets really busy unexpectedly, but in the end it is well worth it if you have the can-do personality and genuinely like people.
Pros
pay, company, people, customers, food, flexibility, quick advancement
Cons
late hours, physical labor, try to find balance between work and home
great work place
order taker (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 13, 2016
great place to work long breaks and a great way to get to know new people. serving is great and making food couldn't be better
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
Great place to work in general
Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 18, 2016
It was a great day knowing that I was going into work. All the managers were professional and I enjoyed everybody that i worked with.
Good college job
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
Hours are pretty flexible and associates are always fun. You can always move up positions but once you get higher, the longer it takes to move up and get full-time.
its a great place to learn good work ethic
Clean Up/ Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75074May 6, 2016
good working environment and you learn alot quickly, but invasive on personal life and will take advantage of you if you let them.
In-n-out
Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CANovember 12, 2015
You cannot go a day as an In-N-Out employee without learning something new. I learned amazing customer-service and hands on skills that turned to my everyday life necessities. Management and co-workers were so comforting, helpful, and made it feel like family. The hardest part of the job was learning the call outs to the cooking staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday meeting all new people, the memories, and making the big smiles at my store.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 16, 2016
Great first job while king through high school. Many family members have a career at the company and talk very highly on how they are treated.

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace high energy required
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 13, 2015
Management are easy to work with as well as associates, tough physical labor at a very fast pace, learned a lot about food-handling, sanitation, food prep, customer service and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunches, dental healthcare offered, discount gym memberships, investment opportunites for associates, company celebrations.
Cons
short breaks, demanding physical labor, very busy and at times overwhelmingly fast-paced
Fast-Paced Job with Good Pay, Somewhat Difficult Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2014
In-N-Out Burger is a good place to work for those who enjoy a fast-paced environment and a decent income. INO (In-N-Out) is an alright place to work but it is pretty demanding. An associate needs to be efficient in their duties and knowledgeable, they will most likely not be fired but until they become more efficient or knowledgeable they will probably be looked down upon fellow associate (that's a hard part when first starting off there). Co-workers are fairly decent in regards to the store I worked at. Store Management was pretty good; however, it really depends what store you work - each manager is different, some good some bad. Breaks are alright. You must work 6 hours or more to get a 30 minute break. 4 hours or more you receive a 10 minute break. Every time you work, even if it's for 1 hour you get a free burger which is probably the best part. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 6.5.
Pros
good pay, efficient company, good benefits if full-time.
Cons
demanding and fast-paced
Always having something to do.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Standard, INJanuary 4, 2016
In N Out consistently stays busy throughout the whole shift. I have been learning throughout my time at in n out how to pace myself throughout very busy times, and how to prioritize certain aspects of the job to give a satisfying experience and enjoyable produce. My co workers are great people and always enjoy working with them, we can trust one another to help and achieve work oriented goals together.
Pros
Pay
Fair workplace
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 23, 2016
Crazy hours. Sometimes 1 am or 5 am working on maintaining the restaurant clean. Team work was not so good. Couldn't rely on my coworkers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
bad team work
Was a very fast paced but efficient atmosphere.
Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Everyone has a certain job that they do, which makes it very fast and efficient to work there. Since everyone has a certain job that they do it makes everyone do a better job as well as keep customers taken care of very effectively and quickly.
Pros
Free meal every day that you worked
Cons
Fattening.
productive fun place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 18, 2016
productive fun place to work but management was very poorly organized. Fast paced and very enjoyable co workers. Hardest part was keeping up orders.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
fast pace
In-N-Out-Cashier/ cook (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJune 20, 2015
I would work and go to the register and took the costumers orders. I also would helping preparing the food Calling the orders and giving them out .
Pros
Good Salary
A Great Company to Work For
Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 25, 2012
I love working for this company. They treat their employees extremely well. The atmosphere is fast-paced and fun. A typical shift is 6 to 8 hours. You work from the bottom up; they hire from within. I learned so much about the company, how to operate in the store, and life-long lessons like integrity, teamwork, hard work, leadership, etc. The co-workers make or break the experience; I've been fortunate to work with amazing associates for over 6 years. The hardest part of the job is the constant working, but it is so rewarding and time flies by so fast, it's not really a con. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the people, the pay, the benefits, the room to advance, and the customers.
Pros
free food, great pay, benefits, friendly staff, advancement
Cons
physical labor, high stress level
Great place to work, learn, fast paced
Cook I (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2013
You clock in go to your assigned position and do the best job you can do. Its about being a part of team, every position is just as important. An error in one area effects the whole team, it all ties in together.
The management team, as well as the co-workers, are there to help you grow within the company, they are constantly training you and if you work hard for them, they work hard for you.
The hardest part for me was learning how to multitask at closing, but everyone there is there to help each other and it relieves the stress knowing they've got your back (that's the best part too).
Pros
free lunches and benefits
Cons
short breaks
A health conscience fast food restauraunt
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Working for In-n-out Burger lets one become a store manager which is a great career. They are hard working employees that are taught the importance of fresh, clean produce.
Pros
Pay

4.5