In Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Isn't for everyone
Caregiver, Ionia Community Health, Ionia M (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIJanuary 18, 2018
You must like working in other peoples homes and follow all different rules for each patient. You could work with elderly to Behavioral ( very wide spectrum of resident)
Pros
Meet different patient
Cons
very demanding
Overall when weighing the ups and downs, this is a great job
Provide One-on-One Direct Care (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCJanuary 15, 2018
ResCare is an interesting job. Although the pay isn't exactly in abundance this job allows you to enrich the lives of those who are less fortunate in some sort or another, which is a priceless reward.
Pros
Humbling experience, Building relationships, Achieved self-fulfillment
Cons
Poor pay, Poor communication at times
Homehealth
In Home CareTaker/CareGiver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2018
It was a ok job took care of elderly father in home until he passed away so it was a very stressful work option but i Am happy I fulfilled my father's wishes and I made the best out of being his home caretaker
Make your own hours
Personal Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Can be stressful, but the fact you can work your own hours most of the time is great. If you love running errands or doing chores, it's a decent gig. Can be a lot of work some days and pretty relaxed others.
Health update like duties
Home Aide (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Keep track of daily medications, maintain diabetic charts, provide physical activity motivation, provide meals, conduct intellectual exercises, and maximize comfort.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
part time
caring for the elderly
Personal Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 2, 2018
As a in home health provider, my job duties included, Making breakfast, distributing medication, bathing and clothing patient, emptying foley which is from her having a full time catheter, light cleaning duties, lunch, dinner and companionship. The workplace environment was very peaceful and at your own pace. The hardest part of this job was learning to detach yourself from the situation and patient. This was the most fulfilling job I have ever had. I learned so much about caring for a human being.
productive environment
Respite Care Worker (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 30, 2017
great for the people that it helps. monthly pay schedule was hard to survive on having to severly budget. there were also no benefits whatsoever and no chance for advancement without a college degree.
If you care and love to help, and havr patient . definitly is a wonderful career.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CADecember 23, 2017
A typical day consist of helping in and out of bed, breakfast, grooming, and bathing, feeding, errands ran , and some exercise. Ive learned to be the best care provider by making my patients feel comfortable. Ive managed funds, grocery shopping, and doctor appointment, bills, and repairs. The enviorment is calm and nurturing, there is always something to do. the hardest part of the job for me was when you no longer can help, do to the end of life. The most enjoyable part is being able to make your patient comfortable and loved.
Pros
Your comfortable in home
Cons
No health care or salary raise
Personal Experience
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2017
I was caring for my 96 year old grandmother and performing duties as the Hospice nurse would. I moved from Greece to care for her. She passed the end of September.
Loved working with this family
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, TXDecember 17, 2017
This in-home health position was with a senior couple who both had Alzheimer's, I worked 14 hours a day in their home, their family was great. The couple needed complete personal care, dressing, bathing, meal prep, transportation, cleaning ect..
It was a good experience
Care giver for elderly (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2017
It was a good experience. i would recommend this job to everyone. I worked in home care for my dad it was a good experience for my. I got paid every week
Nice work environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2017
Very organized and helpful when needed they also provides home care services for families arranging care for seniors-aged loved ones and other chronic illnesses.
I Definitely Learned Alot.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2017
This job allowed me to humble myself. And be of service to someone in need of a caregiver. I bathed, clothed, fed, and transported my patient to doctors appointments.
Great
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSDecember 2, 2017
I worked privately for a family and it was a wonderful position. They worked with me when i was sick and i also was able to have my son with me so i didn't have to worry about child care.
I didnt really care for working for this company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 24, 2017
My review for this company is as follows: their pay was very low, you didn't get very many hours a week working for this company due to the majority of the clients were children with learning disabilities. I would not work for this company again
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low hours, not very good management
Meeting different clients some with special needs. Seeing a smile
Manager and Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed going to different homes and assisted with personal hygiene care. I administer medicines, did some light housekeeping and sometimes would take them out shopping. I learned that working with the elder is a joyed and that you hope to be that age one day still in good health. The hardest part of the job was losing a client and attempting to help their family deal with the loss.
Pros
Spenting time with different clients
fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VANovember 1, 2017
i enjoyed the envir,ment there and would do it again, had to relocate thats the only reason i left.and the managment was great! i would be willing to work there again
Pros
great residents
Cons
short breaks
Resonable honest
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 27, 2017
Fun giving back stableizing lifes and guilt free only succeding. Get a joy of accomplishment and make people smile with the feeling of having a life taking care of and manageable. To live with
Pros
Helping always good
Cons
Dont mix buisness with pleasuer
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoyed working for the place and caring for the elderly and helping in any way i can. Was good experience and would recommend this job.
If you love taking care of the elderly
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 12, 2017
Patients can become like family. Of course there are good days and bad but this is not a job that I'd ever regret. The time is worth it you just have to make sure you aren't the only one taking care of the patient if you want a vacation or an extra off day