In The Swim Employee Reviews

Great place to work to gain customer service skill sets.
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
In the Swim is an awesome work environment with great co workers and management. You are treated with respect and you learn a lot about the products and customer care as a whole.
Pros
Breaks, flexible scheduling, free lunches occasionally
Cons
Working in cubicles
Stressful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2017
When I got my job at ITS I was looking forward to a career. Since I’ve started I found out this job could never be a career. It’s like everything that makes a job a good job has been forfeited.
Pros
They feed you a lot
Cons
Pressure
Fast Paced worked environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
Great company for seasonal work. Very fast paced, with a very high call volume. Company is good with friendly competition amongst peer for a better work environment.
Good company for experienced sales people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 10, 2017
Really a good company. For a sales position it was laid back while needing to be fast paced and very competitive in that field. Hit your numbers every month and it was a great job. Not very many advancement opportunities available.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Great place to work starters in the warehouse department
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Friendly people to work with , lots of opportunities to learn different operations around a warehouse environment, teamwork is a must , able to work and still have a life .
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Work summer holidays
Amazing culture
Certified Parts & Tech Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Everyone here is amazing from coworkers to managers. It is a stress free environment where everyone gets their job done while still having fun.
First job
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 21, 2016
This was my first job and learn a lot of shipping and receiving experiences. My day to day was after school go and finish up order that would be ship at the end of the day and receiving anything else that came in before closing. There was only 4 of us and it was the owner of the company, his wife, the receptionist and me. Very easy going people and great place. The hard part was having to leave because i was young and wanted more hours and experiences.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not a lot of hours
If you like inside sales, good spot to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
Calling commercial accounts, selling equipment, safety items, chemicals and furniture for swimming pools. Pound the phones all day long, develop area, maintain and grow.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
Micro-managing
good company but not enough hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2016
high call volume in peek season, customers was great as long as we can get them what they needed. I learned a lot about the maintance of a pool - how to treat the water, order parts, upsell.
Its a job, with fun people
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
This place is a job. The management is lacking and people do not do their fair share of work. You can bring something up that needs to get done, but don't expect it to get done. The people are nice to work with and the events are fun. The pay is lacking for the position you are given. Flexible with your schedule when need be.
Pros
Friendly people, flexible schedule
Cons
pay, supervisors, management, poor communication
Production and lots of fun to work there
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2015
The people are awesome, the work is challenging, pay is decent, breaks are adequate. Part-time so no health benefits. Always chance for advancement if eligible.
Pros
Upselling which involes extra pay.
Cons
The commute
Fun workplace
Loader and Unloader (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2015
In the Swim is a fast pace work environment with tons of growth within the company. I really enjoy my two years working with my co-workers and management
Fast paced and overwhelming
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 21, 2015
I entered orders and processed returns. It was very difficult to work with the customers because most were highly dissatisfied with the merchandise they received. It became overwhelming.
since place to start
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 18, 2014
Starting the day requires responding to emails sent overnight from the customer care department, vendors, and customers. Place all orders that have come in, then begin making calls. At any given you may need to stop calls to prepare quotes or check pricing and availability so that a sale can be entered. I learned how to negotiate pricing and research market trends to ensure I am able to reach sales goals in a changing sale industry. Throughout the day co-workers may have questions on how to find a product in our system or how to log into our suppliers website for pricing. Finding pricing and availability via internet is essential, because calling a vendor can more time than needed. I like to try to help them since we work to together I noticed that it helps keep the morale up when sales are low. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Pros
employee parties, gift cards, free lunches, 9 paid holidays
Cons
micro managing all the time
n/a
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
i stood at a table and packed orders of pool supplies for 5 hours before going to school
Very friendly staff and chance to advance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2013
In The Swim was a very fun place to work at since you always had that chance to earn bonus by doing good work, including one for even showing up all the time on time. The supervisors were always knowledgeable and available in case a question needed to be answered. Promotions were also given by work ethic and knowledge not seniority. The hardest part of the job were customers with complaints who wanted resolutions that weren't possible either by distance or company policy, but the most enjoyable part was the coworkers and enviorment
Pros
management always available, relaxed work enviorment
Cons
angry customers
Great environment to work
Customer Care Advisor/ Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2013
Getting into the office was always a joy, everyone always had smiles a great fun place to work and learn!
Pros
company lunch in's
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In The Swim. Our community is ready to answer.

In The Swim Reviews by Location