In The Swim Employee Reviews in United States

Production and lots of fun to work there
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2015
The people are awesome, the work is challenging, pay is decent, breaks are adequate. Part-time so no health benefits. Always chance for advancement if eligible.
Pros
Upselling which involes extra pay.
Cons
The commute
Its a job, with fun people
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
This place is a job. The management is lacking and people do not do their fair share of work. You can bring something up that needs to get done, but don't expect it to get done. The people are nice to work with and the events are fun. The pay is lacking for the position you are given. Flexible with your schedule when need be.
Pros
Friendly people, flexible schedule
Cons
pay, supervisors, management, poor communication
good company but not enough hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2016
high call volume in peek season, customers was great as long as we can get them what they needed. I learned a lot about the maintance of a pool - how to treat the water, order parts, upsell.
Fun workplace
Loader and Unloader (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2015
In the Swim is a fast pace work environment with tons of growth within the company. I really enjoy my two years working with my co-workers and management
Very friendly staff and chance to advance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2013
In The Swim was a very fun place to work at since you always had that chance to earn bonus by doing good work, including one for even showing up all the time on time. The supervisors were always knowledgeable and available in case a question needed to be answered. Promotions were also given by work ethic and knowledge not seniority. The hardest part of the job were customers with complaints who wanted resolutions that weren't possible either by distance or company policy, but the most enjoyable part was the coworkers and enviorment
Pros
management always available, relaxed work enviorment
Cons
angry customers
Fast paced and overwhelming
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 21, 2015
I entered orders and processed returns. It was very difficult to work with the customers because most were highly dissatisfied with the merchandise they received. It became overwhelming.
since place to start
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 18, 2014
Starting the day requires responding to emails sent overnight from the customer care department, vendors, and customers. Place all orders that have come in, then begin making calls. At any given you may need to stop calls to prepare quotes or check pricing and availability so that a sale can be entered. I learned how to negotiate pricing and research market trends to ensure I am able to reach sales goals in a changing sale industry. Throughout the day co-workers may have questions on how to find a product in our system or how to log into our suppliers website for pricing. Finding pricing and availability via internet is essential, because calling a vendor can more time than needed. I like to try to help them since we work to together I noticed that it helps keep the morale up when sales are low. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Pros
employee parties, gift cards, free lunches, 9 paid holidays
Cons
micro managing all the time
Great environment to work
Customer Care Advisor/ Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2013
Getting into the office was always a joy, everyone always had smiles a great fun place to work and learn!
Pros
company lunch in's
Cons
seasonal
n/a
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
i stood at a table and packed orders of pool supplies for 5 hours before going to school