Accounting Manager/Office Manager
Palo Alto, CA, United States
Reporting to the President, the Accounting Manager/Office Manager will be responsible for providing day-to-day leadership for the company’s accounting operations, financial reporting, and budgeting activities. The Accounting Manager/Office Manager will direct the company’s accounting and financial reporting policies and provide day-to-day operational leadership for the company.
- Responsible for all company accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions and system reconciliations.
- Driving a timely monthly close process..
- Internal and external reporting, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset management, taxes and insurance.
- Preparing US GAAP consolidated financial statements and non-GAAP supplementary reports.
- Managing the relationship with external vendors, bank and customers..
- Providing annual operating budgets and monthly updates to the budget.
- Identify cost control measures and initiatives to ensure that the organization is run in a cost-effective manner.
- Supervision of a (currently) 1-2 person staff
- Serve as the company’s expert for all accounting matters and support HR, and IT activities.
- Create and implement short- and long-range objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the companies objectives.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate staff members.
- 5+ years in business accounting,
- US public company experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC compliance.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, collections, budgeting, tax, banking, cash management, regulatory requirements and cost control principles.
- Demonstrates excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and participate in multiple tasks.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously meeting all goals and deadlines.
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Results drive
Indeed - 30+ days ago