INC Research Employee Reviews

Good company but depends on your direct manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 19, 2017
INC is a good company. Whether it will stay good after the merger with Inventiv is to be determined. The problem is that upper management is not attuned to what is happening at the project level.
Growing CRO
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2017
OK company to get started if interested in pharmaceutical/CRO career. Will provide some guidance to employees along the way but pretty much it is a learn-on-your-own environment.
Great Place to Work!
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2017
Good health insurance, great other benefits, great corp culture, I hope only improvements with the upcoming merger, team work and appreciation is shared with this company Great experience.
Pros
generous PTO for CRAs
Cons
travel for CRAs is not always regional
Good Organization to work for
Principal Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2017
Work with medical monitors of sponsors and vendors to identify testing requirements for the different studies. Problem solve and help study teams identify central labs, imaging and cardiac safety vendors that can support their studies. Culture is average, but I believe it is a direct reflection of management and lack of solid leadership.
Pros
Work remotely, My Boss and working with the study teams
Cons
Hard to move up
Great casual working environment with some really good people
anonymous (Former Employee) –  home-officeJune 15, 2017
Great casual environment with some really good people to work with. But lacks leadership and there is no support for opportunities to grow at the company.
Pros
Fun, good people
Cons
Lacks leadership and no growth opportunities
Good strong company, but DM deparment is challenging.
Project Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2017
Management is very 'clicky' and have their favorites. I did learn a fair amount about PM there. There are some good, strong DM leaders. Some are willing to mentor others are not.
Pros
Data managers can work from home 2 days at week
Cons
Managment style
Great Company
Sr. CRA 1 (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 31, 2017
I enjoyed working at INC. My line manager was very helpful and provided great leadership. I worked several different studies while working at INC. I was always busy.
Pleasant employees to work with
Site management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 11, 2017
Would recommend working for this company. Must pass a PSV on site review test in order to be hired. Travel schedule can be heavy and you may not work within your region often.
Great benefits and work/life balance
Investigator Payment Specialist II -Central Setup (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2017
The company as a whole is a great company to work for however, management makes it harder to want to come to work daily. better management would help with high turnover within the company.
Work from Home-Call Center
Safety Specialist II (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 12, 2017
Very busy call center. Expect alot of work out of employees. Compensation is good. Not enough PTO or employees in department for the workload that is expected.
Good Company to work
SAS Programmer consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 8, 2017
Nice work environment.
Good management.
Good team to work in resolving the issues related to the project.
Provided all the necessities needed for work.
Semi-Traditional Coorporate Culture with Limited Space to Grow.
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2017
At the beginning, I thought it was awesome that I was allowed to do my trainings/work at my own pace with no manager breathing down my neck. After a while, it became a lack of guidance and feedback from management. Managers did not make themselves available unless it was a planned group meeting with it's own agenda. The hardest part was working in close quarters to other people. Also, the job required a lot of sitting down and repetitive work. Multiple breaks were allowed. When asked about the process of full-time hiring, management was very vague and seemed as if she was hiding something. I learned that nobody really cares about you there, they just act like they do. My manager rolled her eyes at me when I came to her with an issue I was having with another employee. Other than those few bad things, the work area is pleasant, the work-life balance is acceptable and non management is always ready to help.
Pros
Work/Life balance, room to grow, decent pay.
Cons
Bad managment, prioritizing tasks gets difficult since there is always so much to do.
Some departments are better than others
Project Specialist, II (Project Management) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Not salary competitive; Business Unit (Project Management) - not much room for growth due to managers' personal agendas. Would not recommend Project Management unit at all to anyone.

Safety department, Data management are two of the best departments to work in. Managers/Directors are awesome
Growing Company with Decent Company Culture
IT Application Support (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2017
I was hired on as a contractor June of 2016. The main campus for INC is off of Atlantic Ave & Wake Forest Rd in Raleigh; however, my team's office was located in the Highwoods building off of Falls of Neuse Rd. The room was rather stuffy at times, but having fun to work with colleagues and a team lead and manager who were always willing to help made this less of an issue. My only qualm with the company was that my contract's duration was for 2 years and only after that period of time I would be considered for hire as a full fledge employee with the company and receive all of the benefits that normal INC employees receive.

If you're looking for a company with decent job security, INC is a good choice. They just opened another facility in Morrisville, NC and hired 550+ employees. For the most part the work atmosphere is positive. I'd recommend to anyone interested to apply.
Pros
Reputable company that's expanding
Cons
Hire lots of contrators instead of direct hiring within the company
Contracting
Regulatory Records specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 28, 2016
I was a 3 month contractor here and they treat you like so. i wouldn't recommend contract work here. They do treat their full time employees great though.
Decent experience - hampered by management
Clinical Vendor Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 23, 2016
Management in different departments often politicize work requirements. Team members tend to be very motivated, and project teams are able to successfully develop solutions to challenges faced in Clinical Research.
Your enjoyment of work will vary
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 17, 2016
The Results oriented company I joined has slowly started to change to an internal environment I no longer enjoy. I am thankful for everything I learned there, but I must go on to greener pastures to learn new things.
Pros
Paid Sabbatical for 3 years of work at the company.
Cons
Too much Corporate training at times.
Nice and friendly place to work.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2016
Nice and friendly place to work and great environment to work.
A typical day at work you are basically assignment to work load for the work and given a target goal to finish it in a week. Very independent.
Highly Productive When I Was There
Senior Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Severely busy when I was there, always provided great training, but was expected to keep high production at the same time. Very stressful. Great benefits, great salary. Constant interruptions with IMs and request while you were trying to work and keep production up. Great team workers,met some fantastic people from many different parts of the world. Learned a wealth of knowledge that is for sure.
Pros
Great benefits, great coworkers, fantastic training
Cons
High stress, long hours, I was told I would work 40hrs, no more than 5hrs extra/wk, often worked way more than that per wk. Minimal time with family
productiv
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2016
I truly enjoy working at INC research. Its an experience that I truly appreciate. I have grown tremendously as a monitor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at INC Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9