INCARNATE WORD ACADEMY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Incarnate Word Academy (IWA), founded in 1935, is a private, elementary school sponsored by the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament. Incarnate Word Academy, a 2013 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, is a community of students, parents, and alumni, committed to providing a learning environment which fosters Catholic values and academic excellence.
Incarnate Word Academy seeks a Director of Director of Advancement passionately committed to the future of Catholic elementary education. The IWA Director of Advancement is responsible for providing leadership in the planning, coordination and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program, marketing and admissions, and communication, and alumni relations. The IWA Director of Advancement reports directly to the President of Incarnate Word Academy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Fundraising: coordinate major gifts, grants, parent annual fund, annual appeal and special events; maintain database; work in concert with support groups
Marketing / Admissions: manage student enrollment; design and produce promotional materials
Communications: manage and keep electronic media up-to-date; compose, edit, and publish press releases, brochures, newsletters and other printed materials; oversee consistent and appropriate use of IWA logo and image; cultivate effective working relationships with both internal and external audiences
Alumni Relations: build alumni relationships; implement effective and appropriate alumni events
- Successful fundraising, grant writing, marketing, and / or communications experience to
work in collaboration with various committees.
- Experience with database, word processing, and desktop publishing software; and
internet-based communication tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, and independently problem solve in a timely fashion.
- A thorough understanding of fundraising practices and policies, trends, and issues.
- Ability to work during evening and / or weekend hours as needed.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume, and a detailed cover letter outlining why this is the ideal position for you. Be sure to include your salary requirements (a “salary range” is sufficient). Health Care and other benefits are available.
The review of applications will begin immediately and end when a successful candidate is identified and hired.
- a cover letter describing briefly your interest in the position;
- a current resume;
- three (3) professional references; and
- three (3) writing samples, which may include grant proposals, direct mail pieces, and other materials you may have created for fundraising
Sr. Rosemarie Burke, SIW
Incarnate Word Academy
6620 Pearl Road
Parma Heights, OH 44130-3808