InComm Employee Reviews in United States

Not that bad as the reviews say
Bilingual CSR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Compared to my previous company this one is heaven on earth. When you read the comments that we feel in jail and so and so, it all depends on the way we look at it, every company has its own rules and so does Incomm. They offer GREAT benefits and this is an easy job, as one of my coworkers says this is easy money. The hard part is dealing with unhappy customers, but that is something that is coming along with the package so eventually you'll get used to this. Almost everyone is nice in this place. The part that I don't like is that if you you are not the best in the entire company they will take your shift off you once in a year, that's really sad. Once a year they bid shifts and if you are not the best you will loose yours, so sad. But other than that I like the company so far.
Benefits
Cons
Shifts bids.
Incomm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2015
The job was easy but you were rated and shift change was a major factor for me. The best part of the job were the customers you spoke too. They were from every part of the country so you encountered very diverse cultures. Being in a call center environment was new but I learned multiple customer service techniques from my fellow coworkers.
Pros
Pay rate and benefits
Cons
Travel time 1 hr too and from work
Dead-end call-center environment where you are treated like an inmate
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2016
The cause of most of this job's problems is that you are graded on a ridiculous point system. You get points (infractions) for everything. 1 minute late from break or clocking in? OUT OF ADHERANCE. Do that 15 times in 90 days? 15 points. There are 4 opportunities each day for you to miss that minute mark. However, you only get 1 point added per hour missed of work. So missing TWO FULL DAYS of work is somehow just as bad as missing 15 minutes over 90 days. Anything above 40 points is grounds for termination btw so watch out. Why do they do this? Simply put, Incomm hires a lot of temps and they do not want to hire them on permanently so as not to have to pay benefits and higher wages. This rigged point system ensures that they will have ample excuses to fire 20-30 people at a time each time a new training class of temps comes out. I was literally told to my face by a supervisor that they "kinda set you up to fail" and "you'll see 20-30 people GONE by the time this next class hits the floor". Excessive policing. No turning around in your chair to talk to neighbors. No prolonged standing, even to stretch. No cellphones on the floor and all belongings in your locker or you will literally be fired on the spot. Only one water bottle at your desk. Only two personal belongings. Supervisors will come to your desk and admonish you like a child for breaking their rules. NO EXTRA BATHROOM BREAKS. All bodily functions should be perfectly timed to be taken care of during your two 15 minute breaks and your lunch hour. If that doesn't work for you, you MUST get a medical note and you literally  more... have to change your status in the workforce system to what amounts to "approved bathroom break" so yup, your managers know you used the restroom and for how long. That's not degrading at all. Not to mention unhealthy for employees that can't get doctor notes. There was a diabetic man who got fired from there because a supervisor confronted him about getting up to use the restroom and the man understandably got upset.
No time off during the holidays. From mid December to about the end of January (maybe longer?) you are NOT allowed to take any days off or you will be punished with double points. They will make up any excuse not to hire their temps permanently, including judging them off of credit score. Finally, this company's ethics are just shady as all get out. Anyone working here soon finds out that Incomm's products are just used to exploit poor people and undocumented people because they can't be served by regular banks. Incomm's policies and procedures can best be described as "tell them no". They tie up people's money, sell defective products, and do NOTHING to stop customers from falling prey to "victim assisted scams" and lead customers on to think that they will recover funds lost to scams when they will not. This whole company is just slimy in regards to how they treat their employees and customers. On top of all that, a lot of the customers are very rude and uneducated so you have to put up with a lot of abuse because you often can't actually help them with their problems, you just have to tell them to wait, or send a fax, or mail something in. Very stressful and unrewarding. Every day here felt like serving a sentence for a crime I never committed. Highest paying job I ever had because I was permanent and bi-lingual but I value my dignity over a dead-end job. IF YOU ACCEPT AN OFFER FROM INCOMM, KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP PLAN.
Pros
pay for permanent late night bi-linguals is high
Cons
treated like an inmate, extremely high turn over
Stay far far away!
ex employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2015
When I first started working for Incomm, it was fun and enjoyable. That all changed when the company moved to a newer bigger building. Management went completely paranoid and it was the most stressful job I've ever had. I've worked with a financial company for 13 years that had a lot more secured information to be stolen than a stupid prepaid card. That being said, the employees plus myself were treated poorly and like criminals. They were just waiting to pounce on us for going to the bathroom when it wasn't break time (management even came in the bathroom and harassed employees... So illegal), not being able to use the computer to get the work done, not being able to take a purse to the bathroom, not being able to talk with coworkers on lunch and it was suggested I should go outside in 90 degree weather on my lunch. Everyday there was something new to get yelled at for doing my job correctly. I quit (then they fired me lol) for a lesser paying job, lesser hours, no benefits but it was worth it to be loving my work now and not dealing with the crazy paranoid management at Incomm. Time for a restructuring!
Stressful
Managed Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2016
Incomm has several questionable practices, especially the manner of which the manage holiday/overtime pay. Most employees do not work overtime during holidays because, one must physically work 48 hours before going into overtime status. Management is stressed and overworked, therefore it trickles down to the core workers.
Pros
paid bi-weekly
Cons
checks are frequently incorrect
Strict, like clocking into a concentration camp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2016
From the first week, I knew something was not right. The director of the human resource floor came into our training class and she was far from pleasant. The turn over rate is outrageous ( longest person in the call center is like 4 years ), you cant even move without feeling like you are going to lose your job. I have never worked in such a tense environment in my life. Don't try to call the sups for help, because they hate their job too, and it is clear when you speak to them. We are supposed to all be adults, but are not treated as such.
However opposed to all the negatives ( because I could go all day)

The pay is great, and you get a one hour break away from satans den.
Pros
one hour break, pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not Sure Where to Start ??
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
So far this organization is the worst company I have ever worked for. Maybe I should just leave it at that.
I have been struggling to get through my first year and already feel the new for change.
Pros
Paid Transportation, (Paid Monthly Parking or a Monthly MARTA Pass)
Cons
Many in Management Positions have no real experience, The veterans of the organization treat newcomers horribly.
Good salary and nice work enviroment
Merchant service representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoy working at Incomm. The supervisor and managers are nice and always willing to help. There is only a few of us that work overnight, so we have become like a little family. We help each other out with both work and personal problems. The job is fairly easy, I would have to say the hardest part of the job was training, having to remember all these different rules and processes. Once I was out of training, I had learned all the steps and had received more experience so it was a lot easier!
Watch your Back at Incomm
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
When I started working there, I realized that the co workers in the NOC are nothing more but back stabbing people. They report to their supervisors incomplete and fictional stories about other co workers. Personnel is oblivious to the facts and refuse to do anything about it. I'm glad I am out of that fish bowl of lobsters!
Pros
Free meals in lieu of bonuses
Cons
Stress level is high
Middle Management
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2016
Upper Management does not know what lower management is doing or what they require from employees.

Very Territorial with lower management,
Its waste of working with this client.
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Poor management. NO PROPER CTO NOR RESPONSIBLE PERSON. Time taking decisions added with improper reason it will company times (worthless) and self too.
Difficult work environment
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 6, 2016
The work is interesting and enjoyable, however, the coworkers seem to have a negative attitude. Hardest part of job is all of the different platforms used to complete tasks. Most enjoyable part is combating fraud.
Pros
free lunch hour on Fridays
Best rules of courtesy to handle Phone Calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2015
Incomm is an inbound Call Center at the beginning was a nice place to work, due to management changes even helping customers was a challenge .. But I can say the requirements to handle the phone calls are the best, a lot of courtesy and kindness that I really like it
Great place for growth and entry level learning for CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2012
Assist customers with prepaid cellular phone accounts, by assisting them with applying minutes to their account, with their purchased product (Incomm) PIN number. Assist clients with prepaid calling cards. Enter notes into the supplied company data entry system to report if the customer's issue was resolved, or escalated to an different branch for assistance. I learned how to assist customers by listening to them, understand what it is that they need assistance with, and empathizing with them, if their inconvience has caused problems for them. Management team assists the staff as much as possible. The hardest part of the job, is long hours and eventually feeling tired in the middle of he day. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers by phone, and the customer feeling satisfied when and issue is resolved for them.
Pros
health benefits; cultured environment; call center atmosphere of answering inbound calls
Cons
fatigue after long hours
Nice Place to work
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
It’s nice place to work. You have happy colleagues / supervisors and working environment. Employees have opportunity learn new technologies. Its located in Atlanta, GA and Atlanta is great place to stay…
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No such
N/a
Partner Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day at work consists of handling day to day billing operations. Maintaing/Buliding partner account relations. Performing billing processes including but not limited to collections and reconcilations.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Productive office ready for anything
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work included answering multiple lines and speaking with multiple people about solving escalations and making sure the customer is happy. I've learned how to communicate effectively with customers and my management played a big part in teaching me to stay calm and understanding even when the subs are vulgar and rude. My coworkers were extremely helpful and assisted me with any question I could not answer myself. The hardest part of the job was little room for advancement. The most enjoyable part was being able to help people and interacting with multiple people.
scam
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2015
scamming people and taking their money, not following through on promises to customers. does not promise on one call resolution
Pros
pay check
Cons
drama, inconsistantcies with management and scheduling
Worst place to work
IT Intern Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Management changes their plans every day. Security is horrible. Most employees just sit around and talk, while the less unfortunate have to do all of the work for the least pay.
Avoid at all costs!
ITSS Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2014
If you are looking for a good work culture, decent management, fair pay, and work-life balance - I'd advise you stay as far away from InComm as possible. The turnover rate is ridiculously alarming and the company has been ridden with law suits and poor management for many many years. InComm is by far the worst company I have ever worked for; corporate politics and extremely poor client/vendor relationships.

I cannot stress enough just how horrible this company is. It's a private company and they don't have to answer as many questions as a public company would, so take that for what it's worth. I would recommend my child continue to look for work and live home with us before I encouraged him to take a position here. Please beware.
Pros
checks/direct deposit on time, clean gym
Cons
horrible work morale, horrible management, extreme corporate politics, crabs in a barrel mentality throughout entire corporation, wasteful, high turnover rate, no work-life balance