inContact Employee Reviews

Big, can move around. But you are a number and overworked.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2017
Very large, public company. Very chaotic. Constant firedrill.
Driven by numbers! Not personal or people oriented.
Can advance or move around which is good.
No work life balance. Kiss your family goodbye when you start.
Work is piled on you. They definitely don't respect you as a person, they just want results.
If you don't need work/life balance and perform well and like having your hair on fire 24/7, could be good place for you.
Pros
Can grow with Co. It's large. Can move around. Soda machine.
Cons
Overworked, chaos, lack of respect, no work/life balance.
Work at Corp HQ for the best experiance
Cloud Connectivity Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 19, 2017
inContact is a nice Company to work for as they are growing and have a very nice Corp HQ. They seem to pay well and employ a large number of remote workers.
Pros
Remote employment
Cons
They tend to ignore the remote employees
Stay away unless you're ready to squeeze blood from a turnip
sales (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 20, 2017
Not a fantastic company. Company has a high turnover rate. Good-ol-boys mentality. Benefits not very good. Have met lots of people on the outside saying stay away.

Product is very unstable. In job interviews keep hearing about how unhappy clients are with the product.
Pros
Pay is competitive for Utah
Cons
Product has long history of instability
Good product
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 6, 2017
I learned a lot about contact center software. They have a very high end product. Internal Account Executives can do anything they want, as long as they are a top producer. Including acting unprofessional. Very dis heartening. The outside reps who deal with Enterprise Solutions are very professional and easy to work with.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Favoritism by management;poor provisioning on products
Post-acquisition corp culture
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 14, 2017
inContact was a fantastic company prior to mid-Nov 2016, which is when the acquisition of inContact by NICE Systems was finalized,

Company used to be very work - life balanced, but has since become like most Fortune 100/200 corporations -- very impersonal, solely focused on work -- less flexible, less willing to accommodate employee's (personal) lives, etc.

CEO /Founder was fantastic, very involved - but that's all changed since the acquisition. CEO is now less involved, and likely on his way out-the-door within the next 6 to 12 months?
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate culture
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 14, 2016
Purchased by NICE in May 2016 that ultimately ended up in elimination of my position.
- Worked from remote home office
- Access to other remote resources
- Benefit of have a Sales Development Group that generated leads
Tried to apply but recruiter was busy, when she came back she decuded they werent guring anymore
Colwctions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 23, 2016
Applied thru indeed, I am more then qualified and am very talented at collections, as well at sales, my many awards are evidence of my skills. Recieved an email a week after I applied the Gal wrote typical recruiter dribble please contact us and let us know when you are available emailed back said I was available the entire following week, the recruiter emailed back and said she would be out of town and would contact me when she returned so of course I didn't hear sent an email saying I was looking forward to seeing if my skills fit with InContact no reply sent another email which i offered specific tomes and days i was available recruiter replied they are no longer interested in hiring for that position, which I replied in kind an informed her I would be sharing my experience with your company on all popular job sites. If what I was put thru from recruiting is an indication of what a joke it would be To work there. If the CEO reads this you desperately need a better recruiter because you lost out on a loyal top performer.
Pros
American
Cons
Recruiting must be handled by Amy, that one chic, in every school, wanting to be A list, but was clearly C list
Great company to work for
Associate Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 30, 2016
New technology, fast paced environment that allows you to stretch and grow and show that you can provide value. You are rewarded for success and have the ability to move both vertically and horizontally within the company.
inContact is great!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 4, 2015
I really did enjoy working for inContact. They offer a very positive environment and their management is very approachable and easy to talk to. They're creative, fun, and innovative!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Should be better inter-department communication.
Fun and good company to work for
Software Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioOctober 10, 2015
Mid-size company that is going through transition from a small company to mid-size company.
Much more development needs to be done with the training department for new employees and the on premise software suite. A few promises made, but not done. Company is still growing and developing position expectations. For the most part, company is very supportive in developing employees.
A lot of the company personnel hold onto information about the software suite and that makes it difficult to trouble shoot customers software problems, because information isn't shared or documented across the company. Some things are not documented at all.
Possible HR problems could arise due to family members and significant others in same department. Possible issues with favoritism could arise. A decent amount of politics exist. A little bit of passive/aggressive behavior exist with some managers, but still supportive of employees.
Standardization of troubleshooting methodology needs to be developed more and along with backward software capability with previous versions.
Also, long time customers expect more support then is agreed too. The possibility of troubleshooting the customer IT environment can turn into server/network admin tasks. Trade off of performing those task can be a mixed bag, but good experience.
Growing pains
Technical Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 16, 2015
Good company to be with. Many growing pains though. Definition of job roles vary on the day. Career advancement within this company is never certain.
Pros
stock options, quarterly bonus
Cons
health care, no reimbursement for higher education. Department objectives are never specific.
Great company to work for
Technical Success Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Decent pay, good benefits, bonuses. Great work/life balance.
All you can drink coke products, company gives you free money every month to buy drinks/snacks, etc from their little cafeteria.
Not the place to have different beliefs
Inside Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMay 18, 2015
There is an internal culture that if you are not part of it, you won't be there long. Senior leadership is unable to give company goal or direction.
Pros
work from home
Cons
senior leadership and loss of focus on business
Great Company, Great Employees, Great Atmosphere
Dedicated Provisioning and Partner Support (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 24, 2014
I absolutely loved working for this company! I loved all my customers including the sometimes difficult ones. Management is great is seeing your full potential and helping you move to more advanced positions.

A typical day was checking and responding to emails, opening and closing tickets, team meeting, helping technicians getting contracts signed and filing.

The hardest part of my job was not taking it home with me. I would find myself still following up with techs and emails when I was not in the office.

The most satisfying part of my job was being able to help in a variety of departments.
Young hip company-very innovative and cutting edge
WFO Practice Manger (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2014
Great place to work! You have the independence to work by yourself or in a team environment.
Pros
The best work home balance. Great people and outstanding advancement opportunities.
Cons
HR changes take forever. Compensation is below average for a publicy traded company.
If You Live to Work, It Could Be A Good Fit
Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJuly 6, 2014
inContact is a contact center company, growing quickly and trying to scale. The call center industry means clients who are very demanding and expect you to jump immediately when they ask. If you work in the professional services division, expect to sacrifice much of your personal life, especially if you are directly involved with customer implementations or training around implementations.

The biggest thing inContact has going for it are the people they have that work there. The culture is fast paced, with very little training. Employees are expected to learn different software programs with short courses and just diving in and getting it. If you love to learn new technology and are up for a challenge, you might find it fun.

If you are one of the few that works like a racehorse to learn new technology and loves to stand out from the crowd, expect to be pushed to run as fast as possible. Your workload will never even out, no matter how fast and hard you run. They struggle with growth and turnover to truly staff the company at a level that allows work life balance.

That said, the clients you will work with are generally very nice and amicable. Co-workers generally bend over backwards to try and help when you are in a bind, and despite the crazy workload you will probably make some of the best friends you've ever had.
Pros
great experience, fast-paced environment, great people
Cons
no work life balance, buggy technology, silo'd departments
Best Company
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahJune 13, 2014
Good learning experience.
Good environment and all over good
baaaaad culture
sales (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 14, 2014
The company doesn't know where they're going. A typical work workday consisted of being on the phones eight hours with breaks and then some team building on how to sell more.
Pros
There are some Nice people working there.
Cons
Managers I have no clue - they do not know how to managed
Good company. Growing fast and trying well to adapt
Level 2  (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 21, 2013
Good company. Growing fast and trying well to adapt.
Promoting postions to meet growing needs but slow to hire replacements to keep the work load under control.

Working hard to provide a stable platform.
Pros
Working culture
Cons
Unstable platform and slow to hire approved new employees
Very Bad Culture
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2012
1. Bad management
2. Mediocre compensation
3. No room to advance if you don't live in Salt Lake City.
Pros
in a great market
Cons
not ready for prime time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at inContact. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8