NOTE FROM THE PERSON WHO WILL BE REVIEWING YOUR APPLICATION:
Hi! If you don't submit a URL to where I can review your work you will not get the job. Zero chance. None. This is a design position, I need to see examples things you've designed. Makes sense? Thanks!
...NOW THAT I GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY, HERE'S WHAT HR WANTS YOU TO KNOW:
As a Visual Designer, you will design delightful, polished products that excite users. Your work will involve designing interfaces that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity.
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 40 million unique monthly visitors from more than 50 countries in 24 languages. Job seekers perform more than 1 billion job searches on Indeed each month.
Indeed.com is seeking technologists with exceptional abilities to lead our products from initial conception through successful launch. Our Product team drives innovation to ensure that Indeed continues to provide the world's best job search experience. We touch and influence all areas of the company, working closely with engineering to continuously improve systems, processes, and production.
Role: Visual Designer
A key part of Indeed's Product group, the User Experience team are chief advocates for our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We collaborate with engineering and Product Managers to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Visual Designer, you will design delightful, polished products that excite users. Your work will involve designing interfaces that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. You’re ardent about technology and know how to work alongside engineers, researchers product managers and other designers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You can tell compelling stories about users and products to support your work.
- Design one or more of Indeed's consumer facing products.
- Create a look consistent with all of Indeed - while pleasing our users.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Market and promote products and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are.
- We're looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for consumer web applications and search engines.
- Understands the end user and can create simple, elegant solutions.
- Is able to make business decisions based on metrics and an understanding of all relevant data.
- Is passionate about technology innovation.
- Has strong opinions and makes them heard.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Fluent in HTML/CSS and solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus.
How to Apply:
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered:
- Visit http://www.indeed.com/resume and create an Indeed Resume.
- Come back to this job and apply with your Indeed Resume
- In the cover letter (message) section of your application, include at least one idea for a new Indeed Resume feature.
- In the cover letter (message) section of your application, include URL where we can review your portfolio