Indeed Employee Reviews

Amazing culture and work life balance!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 2, 2016
Indeed is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. Indeed, is a great employer with amazing perks. Complementary breakfast, lunches, beverages and snacks to keep the teams happy. Open PTO seals the deal! Thanks Indeed!
Pros
standing desks, free drinks, lunches, breakfast, games, open PTO
Wonderful Corporate Culture
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
As a contract recruiter the entire HR & Talent Attraction team treated me with respect & made me feel like a true member of their team. Indeed is a great company & I truly enjoyed selling their story to candidates during the interview process. The NYC HR & TA teams are comprised of some truly righteous people who work hard & enjoy their jobs.
Favorite Job
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 17, 2016
I have been working on Indeed a little over a year and the company itself is great! I work with a lot of really smart and fun people and there is some much encouragement from management to work on career growth. I highly recommend this as a place to work.
I have had absolutely no success with indeed
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
Your better off going out your self and finding a job or career indeed will just waste your time, they don't update at all, they didn't even have one of the biggest job hiring events in my area
Great company, probably won't retire here
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I really appreciate that the company allows flexibility in your workday and unlimited PTO. My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by team leads.
I only wish the pay was a bit higher. Because of this, I doubt if I will be able to work here for very long. But for the time being, I'm enjoying learning new things and picking up a few skills.
Pros
catered lunch, casual dress, team outings, support, Aetna
Cons
low pay

Comment – November 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing your perspective from the Search Quality team. We strive to keep our compensation competitive as well as provide lots of perks and benefits that make life easier. Feedback like yours helps us continue to improve how we reward our employees.

Great!!
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 2, 2016
This company is great. I love my managers and my team. They have a direct interest in my well being with the company.
I also love the office setup and vibe. Everyone is super helpful and attentive.
Pros
Great management
Cons
None I can see right now
great for the end-user, not as great for the employee
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 6, 2016
My time with this company was heavily based on hitting a set number of dials each day and was overseen by a outstandingly difficult manager who is no longer with the company, but was the catalyst for myself and many others to seek employment elsewhere.

My recollection is that selling this product while being responsible for account management, accounts payable and more was a heavy burden that made it difficult to give any one task the attention it deserved.

This is probably a job best suited for someone straight out of college who needs to cut their teeth in tech sales.
Pros
free snacks and beverages
Cons
micro-management

Comment – November 17, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience from the sales team in San Mateo. We are continuing to grow as a company and as a result, through our team management. We appreciate the opportunity to learn from your perspective in this process.

loved interning here
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
best internship, hands down. A lot of employee perks which is great. a lot of young people. very competitive. high stress
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Strong company purpose
Indeed employee (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 29, 2016
Indeed has a sense of purpose. "I help people get jobs" is the motto around here. Job-seeker experience first.

Management bestows ownership on all Indeed employees. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is valuable.

Incredibly smart and friendly people.
Pros
Free lunches, yoga, beer on tap and snacks, 401k w/match, healthcare, good parental policies, flexibility, Open PTO
Cons
none yet identified
Good Work, Great People
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2016
Indeed has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time"; the workload is pretty consistent.

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Great people, daily catered lunch
Fun place to work with unlimited snacks!
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 1, 2016
Indeed is a great place to start a career. Sales at this company is fun and teaches an individual team work. A typical day starts off with free breakfast and coffee and you're already motivated to start working. Throughout the day you make calls and send out e-mails. The greatest part is, when a sale is made the representative plays a song of their choice for 30 seconds.
Great experience, learned a lot!
Client Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 11, 2016
As a summer intern, I got to work on the client services team along with 20 other interns. The team I was placed on delegated me real work to help them with. Having to balance the work given to me could be difficult at times for at the same time, I had to stay coordinated with the other interns in order to work on our group project. However, everyone I worked with was willing to help and very friendly. The company culture is wonderful, the employees generally seem happy to be working there! I think the energy of the environment drove everyone to do their best, at least for me it did! I learned how to work and prioritze multiple tasks at a time. I also was able to improve my research and presentation skills.
Pros
Company Culture, Free Snacks & Drinks, Experience
Excellent Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking and career growth both in the golf industry and outside of it.
Great company and great opportunities for growth
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2016
I loved working at Indeed as an intern! The culture is wonderful and the in-office perks are cool. From my experience on the Sales team, I can see that there are lots of opportunities for growth!
Pros
Free lunches, cool swag, great pay (even for interns), great opportunities
Staffing at Indeed
Sr. Account Executive - Staffing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 28, 2016
Selling to staffing companies at Indeed is not for the faint of heart. For new sales people considering, recruiters are experts in sales and can sniff out a rehearsed pitch in 10 seconds and are filled with objections. For experienced sales people, this vertical is micro managed to an extreme which means if you don't fall in line it is difficult to move your career past a call center. To make things more difficult for Staffing AEs there are minimum sizes to the deals which you can close. Your minimums are double what your counterparts on the direct employer side can close. So not only are the clients more difficult to close, your budgets are also twice as limiting as your colleagues. This means deals are more difficult to come by and less commission dollars. There is no monetary compensation for your restrictions, only pride that you're working in the most difficult vertical.

When done properly there is a higher retention rate however this takes time to learn and in sales time is money. Middle management is fantastic, the AEs in staffing are incredible unique individuals. The culture is great. This is a great vertical to learn about sales but the most difficult to excel in.

Comment – November 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience from the sales team in Stamford. As you know, sales is a vital part of our continued growth at Indeed. Being the market leader means that there are lots of challenges and rewards for doing it well. We're so glad that you enjoy the culture and are succeeding within the staffing vertical. If there are any other details you'd like to share, please email inside@indeed.com.

#1 Place to Work
National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
From the business model to the culture, I'm so impressed and pleased to be working here. Everything that we do is about helping people get jobs....it's real!
Amazing Company
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2015
Dynamic and diverse environment. Growing fast with some growing pains. Loved the experience. Smart people who understand recruiting. Great mission and it really is respected and brought up all the time, it drives the projects.
Great company with tons of potential
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 11, 2015
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Pros
Snacks, happy hours, activities and lots of career opportunities.
Cons
Fast growth often leaves our organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.
Fun workplace
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 30, 2015
You honestly can't ask for a better job. Everyone needs to work for Indeed. If you're thinking about applying; stop thinking and apply.
Fantastic Place to Start and Build Your Career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 5, 2015
Indeed is an industry interrupting, growth company in a growth sector. The culture is young, dynamic, but not reckless. Management is open with all employees and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the employees. The benefits and work environment are stellar.

Undoubtedly there are negatives that I have been fortunate enough to not to run into, but I can only speak to my experiences so far.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

4.4
4.3
4.3
4.5

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime