Indeed Employee Reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Best company in the world!
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2017
I have worked at indeed for 2 years, recently transferred to the new office in Scottsdale, and it was the best decision I ever made. The growth opportunity coupled with the fun, hard working environment, and the ability to make as much money as you want is like no other job I have ever had.
Fast paced work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
the office in NY has alot of cool things to due in the rec room but they require you to make so many calls in one day that you do not really have time to enjoy it.
Pros
training, free lunch every wednesday, good teammates
Cons
fast paced, no excuses to not make 375 calls minimum per week
QA engineer position
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2017
Absolutely amazing place to work! Learned a lot and gained great experience! Would recommend definitely for people who wants to be bright and visible at their positions
Great company, bad department
Senior International Operations Analyst – Spain (Former Employee) –  Travis County, TXNovember 23, 2017
Life at Indeed depends greatly on the department you work at. My salary was good, I had open PTO, that I did use a lot, nice health insurance and great office events and diversity program.
Great place to work!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2017
Indeed's new Scottsdale office has been a great place to work. It is a new and fast paced office that is rapidly growing. It has a fun environment with good benefits. The management team is really focused on making you successful in your career. I have been able to learn so much from my peers.
Pros
Earning Potential, Flexibility, Benefits, Work Life Balance, Lunches
Great coworkers
Software Developer in Test (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2017
Indeed is a great place to work:
- exciting use of technology
- fun work environment with great people
- diverse projects to work on
- casual work environment
- unlimited PTO
Pros
unlimited PTO, free lunches and snacks, great coworkers
Cons
salary a little bit under market.
Great Company!
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 13, 2017
Indeed is #1 in its space and it's fun to sell our products! They actually work and clients know it! Offices are crazy awesome! Free snacks and drinks in beautiful kitchen areas! Very ethical, not at all like a competitor I worked for.
Pros
Great work /life balance
Great place
Stuff Doer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
This office and company is great enough that I am, in all seriousness, almost superstitious about posting about how great it is.

Things just seem to be done so *rationally* here, and *reasonably* too. Workplace politics that I have come to deal with at other places are relatively nonexistent. Even the IT is well-thought-out *and* executed.

The management is doing a fine job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. The flexibility can also make work a bit difficult, in that other groups can change personnel and teams without that knowledge propagating easily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are universally interested in learning and applying knowledge to an overall task that's pretty hard to argue with - getting people good jobs.
Pros
great people, interesting work, worthwhile work helping people get jobs
Cons
Occasional lack of clarity with next tasks
Indeed
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2017
This is one of the best places I have worked I enjoyed the people the culutre and the move fast mentality. I am sad I ever left and think they are doing big things and moving in the right direction,
October 30, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We are still hiring recruiters in Seattle and would love to chat about the possibilities. (inside@indeed.com) Either way, we appreciate your time spent inside Indeed and wish you luck in your career!

Productive and fun place to work
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2017
Great place to work to build your career and great workplace culture! You learn new things everyday and a a lot of opportunities for growth. Very relaxed atmosphere!
Great work environment, but fast growing company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2017
Indeed has amazing healthcare and benefits packages, in addition to an open and fun work environment. No complaints about the caliber of employees; however, the company is growing rapidly and experiencing it's own growing pains. You MUST be comfortable with EVER changing strategy and goals, and slow career growth.
Pros
Free lunch, casual dress, unlimited PTO, benefits, resources, Senior Leadership
Cons
lower industry compensation, mid level managers, time consuming review processes
October 30, 2017

Hi, thanks for your feedback from Austin. We are moving fast and appreciate your patience with some of our growing pains. There is much opportunity for career growth across teams inside Indeed, and we'd love to understand any issues you're experiencing. Please feel free to confidentially message us at inside@indeed.com.

Great place to work, hours and travel too much
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 21, 2017
Indeed is a great company to work at. It's fast paced, competitive, always changing. The culture is what makes this company and is enjoyable. The down side is the hours needed to be successful, work/life balance, and for some roles extensive travel.
September 23, 2017

Hi, thanks for your feedback. As you know, our national account managers need to travel to see and support clients. The balance between work and home is important to us, and we're sorry we couldn't find that balance with your remote working schedule. Thanks for the time you spent inside Indeed, contributing to our culture.

Productive and fun workplace with TWO ping pong tables!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2017
They also had some pinball machines.
Open work environment, so it can get loud.
Team is a blast to work with, and the management is great. Free catered lunches. Great place to intern at, and likely a great place to start or continue forward in a career.
September 23, 2017

Thanks for sharing your intern experience! We're glad you enjoyed working with your team (including the ping pong breaks) and felt supported and appreciated.

Finance intern
Revenue Strategy/ Sales Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the tech industry and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notch
I never want to work anywhere else!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
I have ten years of experience, but recently came to Indeed. I have never been part of something so inspiring. They genuinely care about "I help people get jobs."

They have the best food (for free) and have such a laid back culture. The benefits are extensive (gyms, gym classes, free food / drink, up to date technology, events - all the time, no dress code, etc etc). They are so focused on being involved in the community - it is inspiring. I love this place and don't want to leave ever.
Pros
free food, gym, casual atmosphere, strong culture
Great to learn
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
Learned a lot about the sales process and attaining quotas while here.

Management tends to promote people who aren't necessarily most mature for the job, which can hinder growth for current employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Hipster/Millennial Paradise
Account Manager / Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 22, 2017
Cool place for young people- too many management changes- focus has shifted and the business has shifted towards capturing dollars- shaking in their boots about Google- was a great place in 2016 when I started, but it became so cutthroat in 2017- made it a bit uncomfortable trying to generate money from clients that should have been with small business like they used to. Really bad diversity problem, but such is life for internet companies- over 90% white last time I read- about 3% black, and other fills the rest. Feels like NYC there.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad Sales Managers with unrealistic expectations
Awful management
Employee Experience Team (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2017
There is a reason the average age there is around 25... They offer flashy perks to draw in people fresh out of school and then treat them poorly until they leave. Management is just concerned with protecting themselves and they consider workers disposable. Don't even consider working for them as a contractor.
Pros
Free Lunch, game room
Cons
Disorganized, No company culture, Poor management
August 19, 2017

This is definitely not what we're trying to create for our valuable employees. Thank you for sharing a piece of your story. We'd love to hear more if you're open to helping us understand your experience with management as a contractor. Please email us confidentially at inside@indeed.com.

Awesome place to work
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Indeed is a seriously great place to work. Product teams are really close and tight-knit and there's very little friction across functional units. Management takes a very dedicated - yet weighted and scientific - approach to employee feedback and really listens to everyone at every level. The degree of ownership and impact you'd like within your product team is very flexible so everyone can easily find his or her comfort zone. There's an open culture that strongly discourages immature, ignorant, intolerant, hateful, or negative attitudes. The food at HQ is amazing, and the work groups and events allow you to meet a ton of people. Desk space is ample and collaborative while allowing for flexible environments (go work at a couch, a conference room, or the kitchen if you want.) Hours are flexible as long as you're around for meetings.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Sometimes people work weird hours so you never know if someone's around.
Growth Opportunities Lacking & Poor Office Morale-- But There are Snacks!
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 28, 2017
If you are the type of person to be distracted by perks such as snacks and monthly happy hours, Indeed is the place for you.
When I first started, I had a genuine love for Indeed's mission and I believed that our company had its employees/clients/job seekers best interests at heart. For example, the work/life balance at Indeed is great, and there's healthcare coverage! The maternity leave here is awesome, and there are some outreach efforts to impact our surrounding community. There is also a portal dedicated to internal mobility-- but the reality of internal growth opportunities is less promising than presented.

If you're not in one of the main office branches, you can't expect any personal development or career openings for further growth. Additionally, you may have a Manager/Director who will tell you that your feedback is valuable, but will in turn negate any feedback you share; no matter how tactfully you’ve presented it. In some instances, feedback given has been used to negatively impact employees during quarterly reviews. This kind of gaslighting is disappointing, but it's what you can expect if you plan to work in the San Mateo office.

Further, there is blatant favoritism amongst Managers/Directors, even to the point of promoting less experienced Indeed employees to senior positions. Given how political the office culture is, it's starting to resemble high school as opposed to a professional working environment. Managers will often be involved in conversations that are inappropriate for a workplace, and given the corporate structure, there is little that can
  more... be done without repercussion.

If you're interested in switching departments, or further developing from the role in which you begin, this is likely not the place for you. It seems to me that Indeed relies on its brand name to attract new talent and indoctrinate new hires into believing that Indeed values more than just its bottom line. In reality, when employees find that this is not the case and leave, this never-ending cycle continues to perpetuate. Many of our most senior employees (3-4 years) have already left Indeed for this reason-- including a CS Manager, who helped influenced the San Mateo office in a positive way. I know that Indeed will do well as its brand will continue to attract new talent, but if I can give you my honest advice after having worked here: please don’t waste your time.
Pros
Healthcare, Maternity Leave, 401k
Cons
Unlimited PTO has strings attached, bureaucracy, blatant favoritism, unprofessional work environment
August 27, 2017

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience in your time at the San Mateo office. There's a lot to dig into, in your review, but here are some high level responses. If you're open to sharing additional specifics confidentially, please email us at inside@indeed.com. Thanks for sharing.

Open PTO - This is one of our best benefits as rated by employees, but you do need to coordinate timing with your manager. If there is any confusion, you can talk to your HR business partner as well.

Switching departments (internal mobility) - We have a dedicated team working to facilitate internal transfers and encourage employees who are looking for additional growth opportunities, to seek them inside Indeed.

Management - We are growing rapidly, having just passed 5,000 employees and we need people who understand the mission and culture, to help lead productive teams. This means sometimes we are stretching and developing leaders from within as well as hiring new employees.

Feedback like yours is valued across the organization. We ask for it, need it, and share it internally. Our monthly and quarterly meetings are also a good place to ask questions, that are voted 'up' by employees and seen directly by leadership.

On the surface this company appears to have it all but the reality does not live up to it's potential
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 6, 2017
Pros:

I really enjoyed my colleagues, they were all really great people to work along side.(Please note, almost 50% of CS San Mateo has left Indeed within the last 3 months, this turnover should be telling)

Many snacks, free food for breakfast daily and for lunch once a week. Wii U in the office, Mario Kart.

Depending on where you are coming from, Indeed can be a great place to build your skill set. If you hone in on certain aspects of the role, you will become much more marketable in the Bay Area after working for Indeed.

Convenient location right off of 101 and 92.

Cons:

Favoritism is the biggest issue the San Mateo office has. Certain people get more support and resources then others. This is fine sometimes, but everyday it gets old quick. It really depletes from the culture, and when the wrong people are promoted, it looks like this favoritism is actually driving the direction of the company culture.

Indeed says its a company interested in feedback from employees, but this is not actually the case. Expect gas lighting, and expect to be a "yes man" and nothing else. Not only will your feedback go unheard, it can often count against you later. General processes are also ill communicated between management and teams.

There is almost no advancement within the San Mateo office because there are only two departments that sit there. While Indeed will tell you that it cares about your career and your advancement within the company, I have seen a very small percentage move up internally. I saw far more qualified people rejected for internal roles.
  more...

Don't get too excited about Unlimited PTO, this is entirely up to your manager.

In case if you didn't know San Mateo is also regarded as a satellite office. It has long outgrown the space that its in, and there seems to be no real effort to give more space to the employees there. You can expect very little attention to this office from the organization overall , its a blip on their radar, which is sad because it used to be a top performing office. It would benefit them to put more care into the facility itself, as well as putting more training and departments in the office.
Pros
Free food. Gaming systems in the office. Decent comp and benefits.
Cons
Management. Inclusive culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.