Indeed Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I've been working at Indeed for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Not to mention, the work we do here -- helping people get jobs-- is THE most rewarding work I've ever done. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and WILL put it into practice. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, culture
Growth Opportunities Lacking, But Fun Place to Start Career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The work/life balance at Indeed and benefits are great. But if you're not in one of the main office branches, you can't expect any personal development or growth opportunities.

Additionally, there is blatant favoritism amongst managers/Directors, and the office culture is starting to resemble high school as opposed to a professional working environment.

If you're interested in switching departments, or further developing the role you begin in, this is likely not the place for you.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesdays, free breakfast daily, unlimited PTO, ping pong
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers, office politics, lack of growth
The perfect work life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed has amazing work life balance. Flexible hours, unlimited PTO, work from home. If you have a family this is a great place to work!

Client services is a great division of Indeed. A typically day is working with both clients and account executives to optimize advertising campaigns.

The culture is amazing. Fun people, fun events. Hard working yet laid back.

The hardest part of the job...leaving for the day. There is always something to do and it is just fun to hang out with your team members.

My favorite part of the job..coworkers!
Pros
Work life Balance, Competitive Pay, Fun Culture
Cons
Job is the same ever day...nothing new or interesting, no projects to add to resume, management tends to play favorites
Best company ever!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
From the people, to the management, to the culture, Indeed is amazing! The culture is fun and fosters learning and growth. Management is in tune with what employees need and are always there to teach you and guide you. Unlimited PTO, great benefits, and great pay. Couldn't be more happy to come into work everyday!
Pros
Great culture, PTO, and Benefits
Cons
Awesome place to work with great compensation!
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 23, 2016
Indeed is the best company I have ever worked for. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The only reason I would leave Indeed is to move to a different area.
Pros
Great pay, amazing culture, fun events (paid for), benefits, & opportunity for growth
Cons
Not having offices in Colorado or Oregon
Staffing at Indeed
Sr. Account Executive - Staffing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 28, 2016
Selling to staffing companies at Indeed is not for the faint of heart. For new sales people considering, recruiters are experts in sales and can sniff out a rehearsed pitch in 10 seconds and are filled with objections. For experienced sales people, this vertical is micro managed to an extreme which means if you don't fall in line it is difficult to move your career past a call center. To make things more difficult for Staffing AEs there are minimum sizes to the deals which you can close. Your minimums are double what your counterparts on the direct employer side can close. So not only are the clients more difficult to close, your budgets are also twice as limiting as your colleagues. This means deals are more difficult to come by and less commission dollars. There is no monetary compensation for your restrictions, only pride that you're working in the most difficult vertical.

When done properly there is a higher retention rate however this takes time to learn and in sales time is money. Middle management is fantastic, the AEs in staffing are incredible unique individuals. The culture is great. This is a great vertical to learn about sales but the most difficult to excel in.
Official response from Indeed
November 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience from the sales team in Stamford. As you know, sales is a vital part of our continued growth at Indeed. Being the market leader means that there are lots of challenges and rewards for doing it well. We're so glad that you enjoy the culture and are succeeding within the staffing vertical. If there are any other details you'd like to share, please email inside@indeed.com.

Apply to Indeed - you will love this company!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed is an amazing company to work at!! I started in in early 2016 and have been so happy here.

Before Indeed I worked at a very corporate company (I had to wear a suit daily) with little office culture, opportunity to create friendships, and extra curricular activities.

Indeed has brought new friendships into my life, I carpool weekly to the office, I play tennis with colleagues from different orgs within the company, I have volunteered at Beach Clean Ups, donated items to children and women in need during our various drives at the office, and have become a much happier employee than ever before.

My manager at Indeed in San Mateo is second to none. She's everything you'd want in a manager. A good listener, gives powerful feedback, and truly wants the best for my career.

Most importantly, my day to day work impacts businesses and their hiring goals. It's a great feeling knowing my actions are helping businesses grow and job seekers find their next step in their career.

I hope this review encourages you to apply at Indeed. Be sure to check your network and see if you can be referred by a friend!
Pros
Wednesday Lunches, Friday breakfasts, Culture, Free Yoga, Cross Fit, Amazing Leadership, a company that really listens to employees, and a comfortable office setting
Flexible, fun place to work and grow
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Indeed is a creative company focused on the singular mission of helping people get jobs. This makes the work very rewarding as you know that you are trying to solve problems that will impact someone else's life significantly.

Given the broad nature of the company and the many teams working within Indeed, you can spend a lot of time trying to track down information related to what other teams are doing.

Management at Indeed is very open to new ideas and is constantly experimenting with ways to improve the Jobseeker experience. This can be good and bad; you need to be ready for new products to roll out on a regular basis, but there is also the opportunity to have your ideas become the next new experiment at Indeed.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, game / break rooms, company gym, happy hour, lots of sponsored events, free beer
Cons
It can be difficult to find the information that you need from other teams
Great place to work!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
At Indeed you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work. A typical day here in Client Support includes optimizing accounts, answering inbound client requests, and partnering with our Sales team to ensure smooth and consistent results for our clients.

Indeed is very much a tech company culture, it is relaxed and includes a ton of free snacks.

The hardest part of the job is navigating all of the technical investigation, the most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with clients and teammates, and participating in a company that is really making a global impact!
Pros
Fun environment, great coworkers, stocked pantry
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers
Amazing culture and work life balance!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 2, 2016
Indeed is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. Indeed, is a great employer with amazing perks. Complementary breakfast, lunches, beverages and snacks to keep the teams happy. Open PTO seals the deal! Thanks Indeed!
Pros
standing desks, free drinks, lunches, breakfast, games, open PTO
Great Company
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2016
Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits and perks. Open atmosphere and work environment. Busy work schedule on a daily basis.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, solid work/life balance
Cons
Pay level
Favorite Job
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 17, 2016
I have been working on Indeed a little over a year and the company itself is great! I work with a lot of really smart and fun people and there is some much encouragement from management to work on career growth. I highly recommend this as a place to work.
Excellent Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 30, 2016
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 11 years. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company. Bi-weekly happy hours, weekly company lunches provided, flex hours available, work from home available, and super casual atmosphere.
Pros
great comp plan, flexibility, company sponsored lunches and happy hours
Cons
work from home is limited
Great company to begin and continue your career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I have been working with Indeed for about 2 years now and I can honestly say that I have been very happy with my decision. The work environment/company culture is very positive and makes the work day enjoyable. They do good a great job investing in employee development with ongoing trainings and sessions to help prosper continuous learning.
Wonderful Corporate Culture
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
As a contract recruiter the entire HR & Talent Attraction team treated me with respect & made me feel like a true member of their team. Indeed is a great company & I truly enjoyed selling their story to candidates during the interview process. The NYC HR & TA teams are comprised of some truly righteous people who work hard & enjoy their jobs.
loved interning here
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
best internship, hands down. A lot of employee perks which is great. a lot of young people. very competitive. high stress
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great culture, great people!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed is such a fun place to work at! The team environment is very family-oriented, whether you're on the Sales or Client Services side. The office is kept engaged with monthly happy hours, themed days (90s day, Flannel Fridays, etc) and weekly catered lunches and breakfast.

Working at Indeed, you get to learn A LOT. From product knowledge to sales strategy, you are provided with an abundance of resources, including your peers. I really like how the office is open-desk policy, so everyone can collaborate and help each other out.
Great!!
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 2, 2016
This company is great. I love my managers and my team. They have a direct interest in my well being with the company.
I also love the office setup and vibe. Everyone is super helpful and attentive.
Pros
Great management
Cons
None I can see right now
Strong company purpose
Indeed employee (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 29, 2016
Indeed has a sense of purpose. "I help people get jobs" is the motto around here. Job-seeker experience first.

Management bestows ownership on all Indeed employees. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is valuable.

Incredibly smart and friendly people.
Pros
Free lunches, yoga, beer on tap and snacks, 401k w/match, healthcare, good parental policies, flexibility, Open PTO
Cons
none yet identified
Amazing Company
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
What amazes me about this company is that they are very focused on individual growth! Managers are always making sure we see a bright future at Indeed and are very supportive of where we want to go!

Also, the company is focused on their goal: WE HELP PEOPLE GET JOBS!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5