Indeed Employee Reviews

Growth Opportunities Lacking, But Fun Place to Start Career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The work/life balance at Indeed and benefits are great. But if you're not in one of the main office branches, you can't expect any personal development or growth opportunities.

Additionally, there is blatant favoritism amongst managers/Directors, and the office culture is starting to resemble high school as opposed to a professional working environment.

If you're interested in switching departments, or further developing the role you begin in, this is likely not the place for you.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesdays, free breakfast daily, unlimited PTO, ping pong
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers, office politics, lack of growth
Great culture, great people!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed is such a fun place to work at! The team environment is very family-oriented, whether you're on the Sales or Client Services side. The office is kept engaged with monthly happy hours, themed days (90s day, Flannel Fridays, etc) and weekly catered lunches and breakfast.

Working at Indeed, you get to learn A LOT. From product knowledge to sales strategy, you are provided with an abundance of resources, including your peers. I really like how the office is open-desk policy, so everyone can collaborate and help each other out.
Great place to work!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
At Indeed you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work. A typical day here in Client Support includes optimizing accounts, answering inbound client requests, and partnering with our Sales team to ensure smooth and consistent results for our clients.

Indeed is very much a tech company culture, it is relaxed and includes a ton of free snacks.

The hardest part of the job is navigating all of the technical investigation, the most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with clients and teammates, and participating in a company that is really making a global impact!
Pros
Fun environment, great coworkers, stocked pantry
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers
Amazing place to work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I've been working at Indeed for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Not to mention, the work we do here -- helping people get jobs-- is THE most rewarding work I've ever done. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and WILL put it into practice. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, culture
Cons
The perfect work life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed has amazing work life balance. Flexible hours, unlimited PTO, work from home. If you have a family this is a great place to work!

Client services is a great division of Indeed. A typically day is working with both clients and account executives to optimize advertising campaigns.

The culture is amazing. Fun people, fun events. Hard working yet laid back.

The hardest part of the job...leaving for the day. There is always something to do and it is just fun to hang out with your team members.

My favorite part of the job..coworkers!
Pros
Work life Balance, Competitive Pay, Fun Culture
Cons
Job is the same ever day...nothing new or interesting, no projects to add to resume, management tends to play favorites
Excellent Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 30, 2016
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 11 years. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company. Bi-weekly happy hours, weekly company lunches provided, flex hours available, work from home available, and super casual atmosphere.
Pros
great comp plan, flexibility, company sponsored lunches and happy hours
Cons
work from home is limited
Awesome place to work with great compensation!
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 23, 2016
Indeed is the best company I have ever worked for. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The only reason I would leave Indeed is to move to a different area.
Pros
Great pay, amazing culture, fun events (paid for), benefits, & opportunity for growth
Cons
Not having offices in Colorado or Oregon
Great company to begin and continue your career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I have been working with Indeed for about 2 years now and I can honestly say that I have been very happy with my decision. The work environment/company culture is very positive and makes the work day enjoyable. They do good a great job investing in employee development with ongoing trainings and sessions to help prosper continuous learning.
Best company ever!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
From the people, to the management, to the culture, Indeed is amazing! The culture is fun and fosters learning and growth. Management is in tune with what employees need and are always there to teach you and guide you. Unlimited PTO, great benefits, and great pay. Couldn't be more happy to come into work everyday!
Pros
Great culture, PTO, and Benefits
Wonderful Corporate Culture
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
As a contract recruiter the entire HR & Talent Attraction team treated me with respect & made me feel like a true member of their team. Indeed is a great company & I truly enjoyed selling their story to candidates during the interview process. The NYC HR & TA teams are comprised of some truly righteous people who work hard & enjoy their jobs.
Flexible, fun place to work and grow
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Indeed is a creative company focused on the singular mission of helping people get jobs. This makes the work very rewarding as you know that you are trying to solve problems that will impact someone else's life significantly.

Given the broad nature of the company and the many teams working within Indeed, you can spend a lot of time trying to track down information related to what other teams are doing.

Management at Indeed is very open to new ideas and is constantly experimenting with ways to improve the Jobseeker experience. This can be good and bad; you need to be ready for new products to roll out on a regular basis, but there is also the opportunity to have your ideas become the next new experiment at Indeed.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, game / break rooms, company gym, happy hour, lots of sponsored events, free beer
Cons
It can be difficult to find the information that you need from other teams
Amazing Company
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
What amazes me about this company is that they are very focused on individual growth! Managers are always making sure we see a bright future at Indeed and are very supportive of where we want to go!

Also, the company is focused on their goal: WE HELP PEOPLE GET JOBS!
Amazing culture and work life balance!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 2, 2016
Indeed is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. Indeed, is a great employer with amazing perks. Complementary breakfast, lunches, beverages and snacks to keep the teams happy. Open PTO seals the deal! Thanks Indeed!
Pros
standing desks, free drinks, lunches, breakfast, games, open PTO
Fun place to work, growing rapidly!
Strategic Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
Really awesome place to work; sales and engineering wings are growing rapidly. Penetrating global markets and establishing itself as an industry leader.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/snacks/happy hours/swag. Flex hours. Decent comp.
Cons
Typical tech company stuff.
Favorite Job
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 17, 2016
I have been working on Indeed a little over a year and the company itself is great! I work with a lot of really smart and fun people and there is some much encouragement from management to work on career growth. I highly recommend this as a place to work.
Great Company
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2016
Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits and perks. Open atmosphere and work environment. Busy work schedule on a daily basis.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, solid work/life balance
Cons
Pay level
Fun Place to work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2016
Fun place to work with lots of flexibility. Unlimited paid time off, with unlimited food. Lots of different games to place. You get to work from home as well!
Great!!
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 2, 2016
This company is great. I love my managers and my team. They have a direct interest in my well being with the company.
I also love the office setup and vibe. Everyone is super helpful and attentive.
Pros
Great management
Cons
None I can see right now
loved interning here
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
best internship, hands down. A lot of employee perks which is great. a lot of young people. very competitive. high stress
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great company, probably won't retire here
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I really appreciate that the company allows flexibility in your workday and unlimited PTO. My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by team leads.
I only wish the pay was a bit higher. Because of this, I doubt if I will be able to work here for very long. But for the time being, I'm enjoying learning new things and picking up a few skills.
Pros
catered lunch, casual dress, team outings, support, Aetna
Cons
low pay
Official response from Indeed
November 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing your perspective from the Search Quality team. We strive to keep our compensation competitive as well as provide lots of perks and benefits that make life easier. Feedback like yours helps us continue to improve how we reward our employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4