Indeed Employee Reviews in United States

Strong company purpose
Indeed employee (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 29, 2016
Indeed has a sense of purpose. "I help people get jobs" is the motto around here. Job-seeker experience first.

Management bestows ownership on all Indeed employees. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is valuable.

Incredibly smart and friendly people.
Pros
Free lunches, yoga, beer on tap and snacks, 401k w/match, healthcare, good parental policies, flexibility, Open PTO
Cons
none yet identified
great for the end-user, not as great for the employee
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 6, 2016
My time with this company was heavily based on hitting a set number of dials each day and was overseen by a outstandingly difficult manager who is no longer with the company, but was the catalyst for myself and many others to seek employment elsewhere.

My recollection is that selling this product while being responsible for account management, accounts payable and more was a heavy burden that made it difficult to give any one task the attention it deserved.

This is probably a job best suited for someone straight out of college who needs to cut their teeth in tech sales.
Pros
free snacks and beverages
Cons
micro-management
Not as great as they say
Client Support (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 7, 2016
Most of the reviews here are from people who are new or entry level, so they are probably looking at everything with "rose-colored glasses".

Indeed is growing exponentially, which is great. But to keep up with growth, they end up promoting people internally that are only qualified because they're friends with management. So the office has quickly turned into a sorority clique where friends promote friends. If you are very close with your manager on a personal level, you will do great! If not, you will not be supported and you will quickly find yourself looking for other opportunities. Indeed is much more political than they would have you believe.

Because these managers have no experience, they have unrealistic expectations of their employees. This sets people up for failure and creates a terrible work environment. I (and others) learned the hard way that you can't trust anything management says. I never knew where I stood and I suffered anxiety attacks on a regular basis. HR is also young and inexperienced, so they will not help you.

The benefits Indeed offers are great, but in the end, if management is terrible, talented people will leave. I truly wish I had more positive things to say and I hope that Indeed can turn things around. They need to stop giving career opportunities and special treatment only to their friends. They also need to invest a lot more training into their managers - HR and Senior leaders need to wise up as well.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Managers
Great experience, learned a lot!
Client Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 11, 2016
As a summer intern, I got to work on the client services team along with 20 other interns. The team I was placed on delegated me real work to help them with. Having to balance the work given to me could be difficult at times for at the same time, I had to stay coordinated with the other interns in order to work on our group project. However, everyone I worked with was willing to help and very friendly. The company culture is wonderful, the employees generally seem happy to be working there! I think the energy of the environment drove everyone to do their best, at least for me it did! I learned how to work and prioritze multiple tasks at a time. I also was able to improve my research and presentation skills.
Pros
Company Culture, Free Snacks & Drinks, Experience
Fun place to work with unlimited snacks!
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 1, 2016
Indeed is a great place to start a career. Sales at this company is fun and teaches an individual team work. A typical day starts off with free breakfast and coffee and you're already motivated to start working. Throughout the day you make calls and send out e-mails. The greatest part is, when a sale is made the representative plays a song of their choice for 30 seconds.
Good Work, Great People
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2016
Indeed has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time"; the workload is pretty consistent.

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Great people, daily catered lunch
Fantastic Place to Start and Build Your Career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 5, 2015
Indeed is an industry interrupting, growth company in a growth sector. The culture is young, dynamic, but not reckless. Management is open with all employees and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the employees. The benefits and work environment are stellar.

Undoubtedly there are negatives that I have been fortunate enough to not to run into, but I can only speak to my experiences so far.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Great company and great opportunities for growth
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2016
I loved working at Indeed as an intern! The culture is wonderful and the in-office perks are cool. From my experience on the Sales team, I can see that there are lots of opportunities for growth!
Pros
Free lunches, cool swag, great pay (even for interns), great opportunities
Indeed
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great product and a great culture. Strong leadership.
#1 Place to Work
National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
From the business model to the culture, I'm so impressed and pleased to be working here. Everything that we do is about helping people get jobs....it's real!
What's not to love about working for Indeed?
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 3, 2015
Culture is first and foremost at Indeed, which could be the biggest reason it is the #1 jobsite worldwide. Senior leadership does everything they can to make every employee happy and come to work excited. They are also HIGHLY visible every single day, including the CEO. Offices are open floor plans, so no corner offices for the senior leadership. They sit all over the building and amongst all of the different teams in their departments. Managers are highly experienced in the digital media/digital advertising field so you are learning from the best of the best in the industry.

Entry-level jobs are filled on personality and fit, which makes your coworkers unique and inspiring. Indeed's Training and Development team can (and will) teach you what you need to know to perform the job, but you have to bring personality and drive everyday to be great at it.

Indeed bombards you with perks and swag, are always looking to improve employee benefits, and just takes unbelievable care of their own in general. Promotions are everywhere, all over the US and the world, so the opportunities are endless. Lunch is provided every Wednesday, breakfast every Friday, with Thursday happy hours (also catered) sprinkled in a couple times a month. Wide assortment of snacks and drinks on all floors. This is a company with a big name right in the heart of Stamford that is growing stronger everyday, but that is still not enough to change its small company feel.

You will not regret applying for a job at Indeed.
Pros
Weekly lunches, happy hours, management, advancement opportunities
Staffing at Indeed
Sr. Account Executive - Staffing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 28, 2016
Selling to staffing companies at Indeed is not for the faint of heart. For new sales people considering, recruiters are experts in sales and can sniff out a rehearsed pitch in 10 seconds and are filled with objections. For experienced sales people, this vertical is micro managed to an extreme which means if you don't fall in line it is difficult to move your career past a call center. To make things more difficult for Staffing AEs there are minimum sizes to the deals which you can close. Your minimums are double what your counterparts on the direct employer side can close. So not only are the clients more difficult to close, your budgets are also twice as limiting as your colleagues. This means deals are more difficult to come by and less commission dollars. There is no monetary compensation for your restrictions, only pride that you're working in the most difficult vertical.

When done properly there is a higher retention rate however this takes time to learn and in sales time is money. Middle management is fantastic, the AEs in staffing are incredible unique individuals. The culture is great. This is a great vertical to learn about sales but the most difficult to excel in.
Great company, probably won't retire here
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I really appreciate that the company allows flexibility in your workday and unlimited PTO. My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by team leads.
I only wish the pay was a bit higher. Because of this, I doubt if I will be able to work here for very long. But for the time being, I'm enjoying learning new things and picking up a few skills.
Pros
catered lunch, casual dress, team outings, support, Aetna
Cons
low pay
Work hard and you will do well
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 19, 2013
An unbelievable place to start and build a career. Working for Indeed has pushed me to work harder than I ever have in my life. Like any sales job you will experience your ups and downs however, Indeed offers a truly unique opportunity for all their employees.

-Their growth within the market is unprecedented
-Simply put, our product saves our clients money.
-Management is demanding however, internal promotions almost guarantees your boss has not only done your job before but been one of the top performers for the company.
-The compensation structure is the best in the industry.

My favorite aspect of Indeed is the entrepreneurial culture it promotes. Hard work is rewarded and you are given the freedom to sell the product in an independent manner.
Pros
compensation, atmosphere, selling a product that works
Cons
2 quota situation consistently puts your book of business at risk
Indeed is a Great Company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
Premier asset management firm in Stamford is looking to hire for numerous HR roles. This company offers immense growth potential,
Excellent Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking and career growth both in the golf industry and outside of it.
Work-life balance in a thriving and attentive company
Client Services Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
I've been with Indeed for almost a year and have been impressed with my experience so far.

The management is very good about listening and taking your interests into consideration when assigning projects and setting long-term career goals. It's refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and not merely treated like a number.

We certainly work hard at Indeed everyday, but we also make sure to balance it with happy hours, company picnics, free lunches and fun.
Pros
Stocked kitchen, happy hours, collegial environment, consistent manager feedback
Cons
Benefits are good but could be better.
Excellent company to work for!
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 9, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
They value their employees
Senior Agency Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 5, 2015
Indeed is devoted to building a great product and a great culture. The leadership is transparent with goals and they invite feedback on regular company wide Q/A webinars.
Pros
Progressive culture, good compensation, casual dress, stocked snack closets, weekly free lunch and breakfasts
Top companies to work for year after year
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin,TxJune 24, 2015
Culture is the most important thing at Indeed. Great environment to work. Food and drinks are provided on a daily basis. All types of extra curricular events and benefits that make Indeed the number 1 company in Austin.
Pros
Free meals, Happy hour, snacks, Gym, no dress code

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4