Indeed Employee Reviews

A company on the upswing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 23, 2017
Indeed is on the ascendant: lots of growth, lots of cool new projects, tons of interesting work and opportunity.
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
Pros
Free lunch. Grand vision. Great colleagues.
Cons
Paying technical debt
A energetic company that is refreshingly human/
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 15, 2017
I was an Account Executive Intern for inside sales. The company was focused on making the best individual I can be for the job and the individuals I worked with. The work was a challenge.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, happy hours, energetic environment
Cons
high stress, competitive.
Great Place to Work & Grow!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 14, 2017
I love working at indeed - I find the days to be exciting and different. Indeed fosters learning and personal growth.
Many opportunities to train and expand knowledge.
Great environment for growth
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. Free lunches and open PTO make it for a excellent place of employment. Salary is quite low though. Will be finding other employment if salary does not increase with the cost of living in Austin.
Pros
Free food, open PTO
Cons
Very low pay
Growth Opportunities Lacking, But Fun Place to Start Career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The work/life balance at Indeed and benefits are great. But if you're not in one of the main office branches, you can't expect any personal development or growth opportunities.

Additionally, there is blatant favoritism amongst managers/Directors, and the office culture is starting to resemble high school as opposed to a professional working environment.

If you're interested in switching departments, or further developing the role you begin in, this is likely not the place for you.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesdays, free breakfast daily, unlimited PTO, ping pong
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers, office politics, lack of growth
Official response from Indeed
March 7, 2017

Thanks for sharing your perspective from San Mateo. We strive to keep opportunities for career advancement and learning available regardless of which office our Indeedians call home. We'd like to know more about your personal experience. Please share with us via inside@indeed.com so we can continue to improve.

Great place to work!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
At Indeed you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work. A typical day here in Client Support includes optimizing accounts, answering inbound client requests, and partnering with our Sales team to ensure smooth and consistent results for our clients.

Indeed is very much a tech company culture, it is relaxed and includes a ton of free snacks.

The hardest part of the job is navigating all of the technical investigation, the most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with clients and teammates, and participating in a company that is really making a global impact!
Pros
Fun environment, great coworkers, stocked pantry
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers
Great company to begin and continue your career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I have been working with Indeed for about 2 years now and I can honestly say that I have been very happy with my decision. The work environment/company culture is very positive and makes the work day enjoyable. They do good a great job investing in employee development with ongoing trainings and sessions to help prosper continuous learning.
The perfect work life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed has amazing work life balance. Flexible hours, unlimited PTO, work from home. If you have a family this is a great place to work!

Client services is a great division of Indeed. A typically day is working with both clients and account executives to optimize advertising campaigns.

The culture is amazing. Fun people, fun events. Hard working yet laid back.

The hardest part of the job...leaving for the day. There is always something to do and it is just fun to hang out with your team members.

My favorite part of the job..coworkers!
Pros
Work life Balance, Competitive Pay, Fun Culture
Cons
Job is the same ever day...nothing new or interesting, no projects to add to resume, management tends to play favorites
Great culture, great people!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed is such a fun place to work at! The team environment is very family-oriented, whether you're on the Sales or Client Services side. The office is kept engaged with monthly happy hours, themed days (90s day, Flannel Fridays, etc) and weekly catered lunches and breakfast.

Working at Indeed, you get to learn A LOT. From product knowledge to sales strategy, you are provided with an abundance of resources, including your peers. I really like how the office is open-desk policy, so everyone can collaborate and help each other out.
Amazing Company
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
What amazes me about this company is that they are very focused on individual growth! Managers are always making sure we see a bright future at Indeed and are very supportive of where we want to go!

Also, the company is focused on their goal: WE HELP PEOPLE GET JOBS!
Apply to Indeed - you will love this company!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed is an amazing company to work at!! I started in in early 2016 and have been so happy here.

Before Indeed I worked at a very corporate company (I had to wear a suit daily) with little office culture, opportunity to create friendships, and extra curricular activities.

Indeed has brought new friendships into my life, I carpool weekly to the office, I play tennis with colleagues from different orgs within the company, I have volunteered at Beach Clean Ups, donated items to children and women in need during our various drives at the office, and have become a much happier employee than ever before.

My manager at Indeed in San Mateo is second to none. She's everything you'd want in a manager. A good listener, gives powerful feedback, and truly wants the best for my career.

Most importantly, my day to day work impacts businesses and their hiring goals. It's a great feeling knowing my actions are helping businesses grow and job seekers find their next step in their career.

I hope this review encourages you to apply at Indeed. Be sure to check your network and see if you can be referred by a friend!
Pros
Wednesday Lunches, Friday breakfasts, Culture, Free Yoga, Cross Fit, Amazing Leadership, a company that really listens to employees, and a comfortable office setting
Best company ever!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
From the people, to the management, to the culture, Indeed is amazing! The culture is fun and fosters learning and growth. Management is in tune with what employees need and are always there to teach you and guide you. Unlimited PTO, great benefits, and great pay. Couldn't be more happy to come into work everyday!
Pros
Great culture, PTO, and Benefits
Amazing place to work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I've been working at Indeed for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Not to mention, the work we do here -- helping people get jobs-- is THE most rewarding work I've ever done. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and WILL put it into practice. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, culture
Cons
Flexible, fun place to work and grow
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Indeed is a creative company focused on the singular mission of helping people get jobs. This makes the work very rewarding as you know that you are trying to solve problems that will impact someone else's life significantly.

Given the broad nature of the company and the many teams working within Indeed, you can spend a lot of time trying to track down information related to what other teams are doing.

Management at Indeed is very open to new ideas and is constantly experimenting with ways to improve the Jobseeker experience. This can be good and bad; you need to be ready for new products to roll out on a regular basis, but there is also the opportunity to have your ideas become the next new experiment at Indeed.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, game / break rooms, company gym, happy hour, lots of sponsored events, free beer
Cons
It can be difficult to find the information that you need from other teams
Excellent Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 30, 2016
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 11 years. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company. Bi-weekly happy hours, weekly company lunches provided, flex hours available, work from home available, and super casual atmosphere.
Pros
great comp plan, flexibility, company sponsored lunches and happy hours
Cons
work from home is limited
Awesome place to work with great compensation!
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 23, 2016
Indeed is the best company I have ever worked for. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The only reason I would leave Indeed is to move to a different area.
Pros
Great pay, amazing culture, fun events (paid for), benefits, & opportunity for growth
Cons
Not having offices in Colorado or Oregon
Great Company
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2016
Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits and perks. Open atmosphere and work environment. Busy work schedule on a daily basis.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, solid work/life balance
Cons
Pay level
Fun Place to work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2016
Fun place to work with lots of flexibility. Unlimited paid time off, with unlimited food. Lots of different games to place. You get to work from home as well!
Fun place to work, growing rapidly!
Strategic Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
Really awesome place to work; sales and engineering wings are growing rapidly. Penetrating global markets and establishing itself as an industry leader.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/snacks/happy hours/swag. Flex hours. Decent comp.
Cons
Typical tech company stuff.
Favorite Job
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 17, 2016
I have been working on Indeed a little over a year and the company itself is great! I work with a lot of really smart and fun people and there is some much encouragement from management to work on career growth. I highly recommend this as a place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4