Indeed

Indeed Employer Reviews

Work-life balance in a thriving and attentive company
Client Services Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: stocked kitchen, happy hours, collegial environment, consistent manager feedback
Cons: benefits are good but could be better.
I've been with Indeed for almost a year and have been impressed with my experience so far.

The management is very good about listening and taking your interests into consideration when assigning projects and setting long-term career goals. It's refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and not merely treated like a – more... number.

We certainly work hard at Indeed everyday, but we also make sure to balance it with happy hours, company picnics, free lunches and fun. – less
Great place to learn and advance
Manager, Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: fun, entrepreneurial culture; strong management
Working at Indeed, this is the first time I'm actually excited on my commute in the morning. Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction on how – more... to continue to develop.

My team is motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I learn from them, and continue to be impressed by the ways they challenge themselves to improve their skills and knowledge. Even though we've outgrown the "start-up" label, the culture is still entrepreneurial and promotes integrity.

I feel trusted to make decisions, and help change the business for the better. – less
Account Executive Sales Intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2013
I love working at Indeed so far it has been a great learning experience. I feel I am truly going to grow from this experience.
good company to work for; solid training program for interns
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches every wednesday, fully stocked kitchen, happy hours
Cons: crm is poorly structured and slows you down; must generate your own leads as an account executive, which is very time consuming and frustrating process within a crm that is outdated
The Account Executive Internship Program at Indeed is great for college students looking to learn about every aspect of the sales process (from lead generation to cold calling to introducing customers to the product and finally managing existing accounts). The work environment is young and fun but just like any other sales office in that it is highly – more... competitive. – less
National Account Executive (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2013
Pros: right product at the right time
Cons: sales culture in development
Indeed is on the cutting edge of where recruitment advertising is headed. The anti-job board in a lot ways, Indeed excels at providing transparency and value to customers that deserve it.

Management is tremendous and although there are some cultural growing pains (due to rapid growth), overall, I couldn't be happier.
It is an exciting time here at Indeed!
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great sales experience & training, fun culture, work hard/play hard mentality, you 100% get what you put in!!
Cons: you 100% get what you put in.
For the two plus years I have been at Indeed I have not only learned a great deal, but I have also been compensated for the hard work I put in. I was in sales for 5 years before landing my job here and what is asked of you as an Account Executive is standard of what you would find in any inside sales jobs: make calls, present demos, send proposals, – more... and close business. However, the great work environment that has been created out here while doing these tasks is what makes Indeed stand out. I love the people I work with!
The hardest part of the job is the same as any sales job, having the mental endurance to keep positive after having a tough call with a Prospect or Client. However, if you work hard you will be compensated monetarily as well as recognized by your peers, leadership, and the company.
It is as easy as you get out of it what you put in. Indeed is not reinventing the wheel on the sales processes it practices, however we are reinventing the wheel by selling the best recruitment resource out there. We are growing quickly - conducting interviews on a very aggressive scale to keep up with our huge growth. It is an exciting time here at Indeed. – less
Glad it's over
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free snacks and beer to help you gain the indeed 15, indeed is great at hiring young talented people.
Cons: everything else
I will start by saying that I am writing this review to help others, I am fortunate enough to have a good amount of savings going into this role but for those that aren’t prepared to take a financial hit beware and stay away. I am a Sales Professional who has been in industry for 10 years, what I was promised going in is nothing remotely close to what – more... the actual role provides.

This job is risky, some who have weathered the storm have seen success but at the cost of monotony, and never knowing what will happen the next quarter.

Two questions to ask in the interview to get a better idea of what you’re getting into. What does the turnover look like, and how many Account Executives hit 90% of their quota. The honest answer should look like this, we have at least one person leave every week and about 50% of the employees succeed. Turnover is such an issue, Sales Directors can’t manage the business because more than half of their time is dedicated to interviews.

Most are super motivated to start but that quickly turns around as you get an understanding of the business. This is what you will face in a role as an Account Executive, you will work with a team where everyone hates what they do because the job is robotic, and unfruitful. Prospecting for good leads is impossible, everything that is worth your time is taken, people are fighting each other for prospects, just a sad and toxic environment. You are required to make 60+ calls a day which is easy until the second week where you realize you've called all of your prospects that have been called by old Account Executives at least 3 times.

Leaders don’t go through a formal training process, most companies spend 6+ months to breed leaders by giving them special projects and training to ensure that they are ready, at Indeed Sales Directors are the survivors those that made it past a year or two. They are sent to training for a week and then tasked to lead a team completely unprepared. – less
Great place to start
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great workplace, free snacks and beverages every day, free breakfast on fridays. occasional free lunch. competitive. challenging
Cons: long days
I interned at Indeed this past summer and found it to be quite the enjoyable, yet educational experience.

The atmosphere there is amazing and everyone is very friendly. I had a hard time adjusting at first, but soon found a new calling in the sales world.

I learned so much that I am very grateful for. The only complaint I have is that I think I wasn't – more... confident enough to start cold calling on my own. I think they should have spent more time preparing the interns for that work. They had us practice the sales pitch over and over and over, but never once did we have practice with a cold call, that was more of a "sink or swim" learning method.

In the end, everything turned out great. Love the company, and product. I've been spreading the word ever since I accepted the position. Definitely recommend! – less
Work hard and you will do well
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 19, 2013
Pros: compensation, atmosphere, selling a product that works
Cons: 2 quota situation consistently puts your book of business at risk
An unbelievable place to start and build a career. Working for Indeed has pushed me to work harder than I ever have in my life. Like any sales job you will experience your ups and downs however, Indeed offers a truly unique opportunity for all their employees.

-Their growth within the market is unprecedented
-Simply put, our product saves our clients – more... money.
-Management is demanding however, internal promotions almost guarantees your boss has not only done your job before but been one of the top performers for the company.
-The compensation structure is the best in the industry.

My favorite aspect of Indeed is the entrepreneurial culture it promotes. Hard work is rewarded and you are given the freedom to sell the product in an independent manner. – less
Great Company
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2013
Building a strong sales culture. Company should continue to grow by offering flexible recruitment advertising products
Do not go into Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches, take a break when ever you want as long as you get your work done
Cons: cons below
I'll keep it short and sweet.

There is no prospect generation=47% of sales force not hitting quota.

No job security, a person who's been at a Indeed 10 months is considered a veteran.

Commission structure has limitation and stipulations

Expect you to call 60 calls a day when you run out of people to call after your 3rd week of employment

Do not – more... go into sales. I beg of you...save yourself – less
Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees
Senior Account Executive, National Accounts (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2013
I feel very fortunate to be part of a company that is so quickly becoming the leader in online recruitment. In 3+ years I have experienced the expansion of employees/teams, offices, management and incentive programs. Not to mention competitive benefit programs, an ongoing training curriculum and career path assistance.

Additionally, the tools and reporting – more... capabilities from our product team are second to none. The sales team is given excellent support from IT, Client Services, etc. I am continually impressed with the thought and care that goes into the materials that are rolled out both internally and to our clients.

With the recent addition of top-notch marketing leadership, I look forward to Indeed becoming a household name in the very near future. We've already come a long way very quickly!

With our worldwide growth, I do not know all my fellow employees as well as I did during Indeed's infancy. However, there are many who have been here for a long time and are very proud of the Indeed product and the strong relationships they have established with their co-workers. I know I am not alone in my excitement for what's to come at Indeed...

Cleveland rocks!!! – less

July 18, 2013

Cleveland does rock.

Great Sales Opportunity for a Promising Start-Up Company
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 21, 2013
Pros: fun culture, start-up environment, nice bonuses
Cons: lead generation
Fast-paced, high energy role that rewards you for your hard work. Like any sales role, the job is stressful at times, but the team camaraderie allows you to stay motivated. Everyone is encouraged to work hard, and is rewarded for that. If you're looking for a sales opportunity that pays well, allows you to challenge yourself, and welcomes you into an – more... excellent environment, apply at Indeed! – less
A satisfying mission, great business results
Marketing (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 20, 2013
The company is totally focused on our mission: to help people get jobs. The mission provides a great deal of clarity to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction. Because Indeed works so well for employers and job seekers, it's a high growth company with lots of opportunity. The metrics-driven culture is coupled with a real – more... appreciation for the people using the service. It's a fun work environment -- open and collaborative with lots of bright, intellectually curious people. – less
Not the best place to start or have a career
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: lunches, beer and more beer
Cons: not the best place to build a career
Beware! If you are conned into taking an offer from Indeed you will find yourself being placed into a magical time machine that will take you directly back to high school. Drama drama drama...blah blah blah. There also is no HR representative in this office leading to an anything goes/say anything type of work place-Management included.

Next is the – more... lead generation....there is none. Good luck finding anything that isn't taken by other sales reps. Selling the product is like fishing with dynamite. Great product but there is no freakin fish left! You can not build a strong enough pipeline to hit your growing quotas. I'm serious...entire teams are not hitting there quota this quarter. If you do take an offer, be sure to negotiate a base pay that is able to provide for your family/lifestyle, because most likely you'll be paid that and maybe a little little more.

Overall...look elsewhere. Say no to the offer and go to a company that has better lead generation. I would of recommended it awhile ago when I first started but sadly I would not recommend working at Indeed.

The only thing good about this place is free Booz on Fridays and tons of free junk food. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 5, 2013
A great place to come into work everyday. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.
Indeed has displayed the worst non-charismatic Sr. Sales Director
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: great company, lots of potential, east coast weirdness?
Cons: see below.
As a redeemed quality sales associate and diligent entrepreneurial type of spirit. I look for others that I can learn from, this has to be the poorest excuse for direction ever seen form a manager role. It's almost as if indeed itself capriciously decided to pick the sales directors and Sr. Sales Director especially out of a hat.

The job seems to be – more... qualitatively the biggest joke I've ever been apart of. I thought you are suppose to coach and lead as a respected individual not a tyrant nor simpleton.

Indeed needs to seriously stop the East Coast favoring for its quantitative approach in selection if they want more quality workers like myself apart of this gamble if you will.

Sr. Management and directors, are perhaps the largest portion to blame and they need to adjust their influence accordingly if they wish to be successful and grow at the rate they want to.

Worry about your own work, focus on putting the coaching hat on and doing it will – less
No job security and over saturated market...do not apply
Account executive (Former Employee), Mountain viewMay 12, 2013
Pros: free food, beer and happy hours
Cons: look below
Lets see how long this stays up before they take it off

No job security

-I have been at this company for a few months now and have seen someone leave or get fired every week
- Horrible management leads to a atmosphere where it is not possible to be guided to hit sales quotas
- If you are not buddy buddy with upper management then you will never be – more... promoted...even if your sales are better then your competition

Oversaturated market

- You will go through 1000 companies to find 1 that is not taken already by another sales rep. On average it takes veteran sales reps to find 1 company per hour. This leads to a low count of prospects=low income

- All day you have to watch your book of prospects due to other sales reps being allowed to take them if you
- do not attempt contact within 48 hours
-do not get a hold of anyone in 90 days
-do not close the deal in 6 months
- or management will decide it can be closed by someone else and assign the prospect to them without checking with you
This is all called Biz ruling .When you Biz rule someone else their feelings get hurt and they complain to management and you are asked to stop.

More then 3/4 of the sales reps do not make their quotas...truth.

Side note: management expects you to make 60 calls a day. This is counter productive due to the fact that 99% of sales reps spend a good hour out of their day making calls that lead to no where....on purpose – less

May 16, 2013

That sounds like sales to me. At any company...

Great product, company with potential, terrible leadership in sales organization
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2013
Pros: you will work with great people that are hard working but disgruntled and become unmotivated, stocked fridge with a lot of food/beer, constant "happy hours" to mask the low morale
Cons: management, directors are there to micromanage and basically be "stat-checkers" (for lack of better terms), management brings no creative value to the company, sales reps do all of the work while getting belittled, one sr. director in particular has no idea what he is doing and should be fired
The only thing that management cares about is the number of calls that you make everyday. They could care less if you are closing a lot of business or being creative to get to decision makers. Management's lack of leadership ability creates a terrible work environment for the sales reps and the turnover is horrendous. In the beginning of every quarter, – more... you can expect at least 5-10 people to quit. Morale is extremely low for the sales reps, but the other other departments seem to be happy.

They promise you big things when you are interviewing, but the fact of the matter is that once you come on board as a sales rep with Indeed, you will be looking for a new job with the 6 months - 1 year. You will either be a disgruntled employee or they will force you out because of their aggressive quotas and micromanagement.

Overall sales projections seem to be totally false. Indeed was bought by a Japanese company based on these projections, and I am sure they are regretting how much they paid. It seems that this is why things have changed so much and they force a lot of people out. It cannot always be the sales reps fault. Eventually, you need to put the blame on the people who are "leading (managing??)" the sales efforts.

The people that were promoted to director internally are the people that have a bright future there. They are hard working and deserve to be where they are. Hiring Directors/Sr. Directors from outside organizations has proven to be a disaster (with a few exceptions). The great sales reps they have will soon leave the company due to a lack of direction. There is only so long that a sales rep can meet the requirements before they are fired.

Keep it up, Indeed. – less
Fun, Rapidly Growing Company
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: stocked kitchen, fun environment, happy hours, solid training exercises
Cons: consistent high turnover
Got nothing bad to say about Indeed. Wish everyone the best and enjoyed my time there. Work hard play hard mentality and a rapidly growing company that deserves all the accolades.

About Indeed

Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 140 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. – Read more