Indeed Employee Reviews

Strong company purpose
Indeed employee (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 29, 2016
Indeed has a sense of purpose. "I help people get jobs" is the motto around here. Job-seeker experience first.

Management bestows ownership on all Indeed employees. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is valuable.

Incredibly smart and friendly people.
Pros
Free lunches, yoga, beer on tap and snacks, 401k w/match, healthcare, good parental policies, flexibility, Open PTO
Cons
none yet identified
Good Work, Great People
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2016
Indeed has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time"; the workload is pretty consistent.

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Great people, daily catered lunch
Apply to Indeed - you will love this company!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Indeed is an amazing company to work at!! I started in in early 2016 and have been so happy here.

Before Indeed I worked at a very corporate company (I had to wear a suit daily) with little office culture, opportunity to create friendships, and extra curricular activities.

Indeed has brought new friendships into my life, I carpool weekly to the office, I play tennis with colleagues from different orgs within the company, I have volunteered at Beach Clean Ups, donated items to children and women in need during our various drives at the office, and have become a much happier employee than ever before.

My manager at Indeed in San Mateo is second to none. She's everything you'd want in a manager. A good listener, gives powerful feedback, and truly wants the best for my career.

Most importantly, my day to day work impacts businesses and their hiring goals. It's a great feeling knowing my actions are helping businesses grow and job seekers find their next step in their career.

I hope this review encourages you to apply at Indeed. Be sure to check your network and see if you can be referred by a friend!
Pros
Wednesday Lunches, Friday breakfasts, Culture, Free Yoga, Cross Fit, Amazing Leadership, a company that really listens to employees, and a comfortable office setting
Fun place to work with unlimited snacks!
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 1, 2016
Indeed is a great place to start a career. Sales at this company is fun and teaches an individual team work. A typical day starts off with free breakfast and coffee and you're already motivated to start working. Throughout the day you make calls and send out e-mails. The greatest part is, when a sale is made the representative plays a song of their choice for 30 seconds.
Great experience, learned a lot!
Client Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 11, 2016
As a summer intern, I got to work on the client services team along with 20 other interns. The team I was placed on delegated me real work to help them with. Having to balance the work given to me could be difficult at times for at the same time, I had to stay coordinated with the other interns in order to work on our group project. However, everyone I worked with was willing to help and very friendly. The company culture is wonderful, the employees generally seem happy to be working there! I think the energy of the environment drove everyone to do their best, at least for me it did! I learned how to work and prioritze multiple tasks at a time. I also was able to improve my research and presentation skills.
Pros
Company Culture, Free Snacks & Drinks, Experience
Excellent Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking and career growth both in the golf industry and outside of it.
Great company and great opportunities for growth
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2016
I loved working at Indeed as an intern! The culture is wonderful and the in-office perks are cool. From my experience on the Sales team, I can see that there are lots of opportunities for growth!
Pros
Free lunches, cool swag, great pay (even for interns), great opportunities
Staffing at Indeed
Sr. Account Executive - Staffing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 28, 2016
Selling to staffing companies at Indeed is not for the faint of heart. For new sales people considering, recruiters are experts in sales and can sniff out a rehearsed pitch in 10 seconds and are filled with objections. For experienced sales people, this vertical is micro managed to an extreme which means if you don't fall in line it is difficult to move your career past a call center. To make things more difficult for Staffing AEs there are minimum sizes to the deals which you can close. Your minimums are double what your counterparts on the direct employer side can close. So not only are the clients more difficult to close, your budgets are also twice as limiting as your colleagues. This means deals are more difficult to come by and less commission dollars. There is no monetary compensation for your restrictions, only pride that you're working in the most difficult vertical.

When done properly there is a higher retention rate however this takes time to learn and in sales time is money. Middle management is fantastic, the AEs in staffing are incredible unique individuals. The culture is great. This is a great vertical to learn about sales but the most difficult to excel in.

Comment – November 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience from the sales team in Stamford. As you know, sales is a vital part of our continued growth at Indeed. Being the market leader means that there are lots of challenges and rewards for doing it well. We're so glad that you enjoy the culture and are succeeding within the staffing vertical. If there are any other details you'd like to share, please email inside@indeed.com.

Great place to work, and love what you do
Associate Manager, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 26, 2015
Indeed is a great place to start an grow a career; hard work is celebrated and rewarded.

Supporting clients in all capacities is a great plus, along with having the knowledge to up-sell a client appropriately. On-going product training helps keep us innovative.

The culture is an energetic environment that we all work hard, and then play hard in.
Pros
Catered lunches/breakfasts, bi-monthly happy hours in-office, strong management support
#1 Place to Work
National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
From the business model to the culture, I'm so impressed and pleased to be working here. Everything that we do is about helping people get jobs....it's real!
Amazing Company
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2015
Dynamic and diverse environment. Growing fast with some growing pains. Loved the experience. Smart people who understand recruiting. Great mission and it really is respected and brought up all the time, it drives the projects.
Great company with tons of potential
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 11, 2015
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Pros
Snacks, happy hours, activities and lots of career opportunities.
Cons
Fast growth often leaves our organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.
Fantastic Place to Start and Build Your Career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 5, 2015
Indeed is an industry interrupting, growth company in a growth sector. The culture is young, dynamic, but not reckless. Management is open with all employees and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the employees. The benefits and work environment are stellar.

Undoubtedly there are negatives that I have been fortunate enough to not to run into, but I can only speak to my experiences so far.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Excellent company to work for!
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 9, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
They value their employees
Senior Agency Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 5, 2015
Indeed is devoted to building a great product and a great culture. The leadership is transparent with goals and they invite feedback on regular company wide Q/A webinars.
Pros
Progressive culture, good compensation, casual dress, stocked snack closets, weekly free lunch and breakfasts
Great culture; fun and smart co-workers; room for advancement
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Indeed is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization. Additionally, Indeed invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal and professional growth. It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing organization!
Pros
Fun, casual culture; free snacks; happy hours
Cons
None that I can think of
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table!
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 23, 2014
The company culture is great! Many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. A fast paced and growing company which great to start off your career! Management is there for you every step of the way in coaching and helping you with anything you need. Meeting new people and talking/managing clients everyday is the best part of the job. There is a lot of freedom and ways to show improvement and your skills.
Pros
Catered lunches, awesome co-workers!
Cons
None.
Challenging, fun place with a bright future
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2011
I worked at Indeed as a Software Engineer for just over 6 years. It's one of the best tech companies to work at in Austin. Overall, the people are cool and interesting, with diverse backgrounds. The founders are very smart, and you can learn a lot about what it takes to make an Internet startup successful. And because searching for a job is something almost everyone does at some point, you have the chance to improve the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way.
Pros
free catered lunches a few times a week, a nice game room, beer on friday afternoons, fun parties occasionally
Fast moving, fast growing and succeeding beautifully
Director (Current Employee) –  StamfordMay 17, 2012
There isn't a dull moment at Indeed. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the online recruitment industry. It's also wonderful to know that we value the job seeker and put them first in all that we do.

The level of talent at Indeed is exceptional and everyone here is great to work for. There's always something you can learn from your colleagues
Pros
energetic company, extremely talented individuals
Cons
lack of communication
Great place to develop your career and learn new things!
French CMA (Former Employee) –  Auxtin TXNovember 15, 2011
Indeed is definitely a great company where you can learn new things with an excellent and skilled team, and develop your career. I lauched Indeed in most of the French-speaking countries a few years ago. It was very motivating seeing the website go live and improve every week with your own work and ideas... It felt good to be part of something big and international!
Pros
young team and challenging environment
Cons
well, i can't see...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4