Indeed Employee Reviews

Such a great job!
Training and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2017
I absolutely love working at Indeed. Not only is my team collaborative and supportive but the entire company is as a whole. Our company has a strong sense of community that is felt in every office globally.
Pros
Free lunches, Unlimited PTO, Wfh
Lack of learning
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 22, 2017
I just started in the Scottsdale office and was excited to start with such a cool company but I'm finding that I'm not receiving what I was promised. IT issues are frequent and learning and training is few and far between. There seems to be a trend of sourpuss leaders in our office; it's very discouraging and detracts from the overall culture. I'd love to see this improved!
Pros
The food is awesome!
Cons
No coaching and grumpy directors
Official response from Indeed
August 27, 2017

Thanks for your feedback from our newest U.S. office. As you know, we are still building out the space and hiring for Scottsdale, which means more friendly faces to support, learn from, and grow the culture there. If you have IT issues, please submit a support ticket so they can help. We hope you can help us keep it a great place to work, and invite you to send any additional details to inside@indeed.com.

Enjoyable Environment and Great People
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 17, 2017
Workplace culture doesn't get much better than Indeed. People are young, personable, and a joy to be around. Free catered lunch on wednesdays (very good 90% of the time) and free catered breakfast on fridays (very good 90% of the time). Kitchens on every floor are fully stocked. Coffee machines are top of the line. There is a cold brew coffee tap.
Pros
Countless Positives
Cons
Occasional lack of transparency regarding quotas, leads, etc.
Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 15, 2017
Great Atmosphere you never clock watch and rarely do days drag on. It is a young fun environment. You can make a lot of money if you are willing to work for it. Would recommend to anyone
Pros
Free Food, Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Hours can be long, but it is a great place to work.
Always somewhere to grow
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 12, 2017
As an intern who became a full-time worker upon graduation, I see that there are so many opportunities to grow! The company has a great mission to help people get jobs.
Pros
free lunch, mario kart, breakfast
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Indeed. It was a quick paces sales environment that was very competitive and offered a great team environment to work in. Although it is a not easy to make sales by any means there is a decent amount of sales support and training that should give you some tools to better yourself as a sale person.
Best Place to Work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 10, 2017
I absolutely love working at Indeed! They really know how to keep a great work life balance and treat their employees really well! The training program they offer to new hires is amazing and well put together.

I recommend working here to anyone!
Fun Fast Pace sales environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 4, 2017
Starting out at $40K plus 15% commission and quarterly bonuses if targets are met is fantastic pay for a recent college grad. Average Age range was 22-27 so the environment was absolutely fun.

I left however because the cut throat sales environment wasn't for me. The managers spend allot of time training and developing you; but at the end of the day it's sales. If you are not strong enough to survive the pressure of hitting a quota, then I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
pressure sales
Great work vibe
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
Having just started at Indeed about a month ago, I can only say great things so far. Everyone has been so welcoming and it's truly a fun, laid back work environment where everyone seems genuinely happy to be coming to work everyday. The atmosphere is extremely open and collaborative with open workspaces and no offices, however, there are plenty of comfortable more isolated spots to hang out if you need to get away and concentrate on something. The food is ridiculous, people are happy and the office is situated in probably the most gorgeous area of Austin. So far, nothing not to love!
Pros
Amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management
Good First Job out of College, but only that
Sr-Account Executive - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 19, 2017
The Good: Indeed is a great place if you are looking to learn sales and work in a fast paced ad tech environment. The culture is full of young college grads who bring lots of energy to the floor. Great product and decent office perks.

The Bad: If you are looking to be part of professional culture and learn from veteran sales people, I would recommend applying elsewhere. Be careful with recruiters mentioning video games, ping pong table and free lunches- it's mostly a front to attract young college grads who will accept lower pay. The glory days at Indeed have passed and you will find many reps who have been with indeed in the past year are barley making ends meat.

In addition, Management awards leadership positions based on performance. Many former top performing reps currently in management roles are ill equipped to manage a salesforce or lack the charisma that former leaders had in the San Mateo office. The product itself can be sold in many ways, which causes reps to lie their clients in order to scrape a few extra bucks out of them, and leadership is okay with that.
Pros
Great product, Great Sales Culture, Decent Perks
Cons
Awful commission structure, unprofessional environment, lack of transparency from management
Great Culture
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 18, 2017
Great culture, fun place to work! Very collaborative environment where managers empower employees to voice opinions and ideas at all times. Overall, I recommend!
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2017
Indeed is an unbelievable place to work--one that makes you question how you'd ever work at another corporation. You're treated like an adult and it's obvious that the CEO treasures his employees. Internal mobility is great as well.
Great company for new employees
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 7, 2017
Indeed is a great company for someone looking for his or her first job. The benefits are top-notch, the pay is competitive and the work is fulfilling (helping people get jobs).

It has become a big company, so there are tons of management layers and thus may not be for everyone.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, mission, team members
Cons
Big company, corporate, silos, management layers
Fast Growing Company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 22, 2017
I've been with Indeed for over two years and have seen many changes along the way. Some for the better some for the worse in my opinion. Overall the company is a great place to work. The environment is young, competitive, and fast paced. Training is excellent and the sales team is growing extremely fast so advancement opportunities look good at the moment. Management is good and will take time to make sure their people succeed. It's nice to be treated like an adult and a true investment to a company. The only issue I have at the moment is the lack of transparency with quotas at times. I guess that's the way it goes in any large sales force. It would be nice to have some more analytics or data about how quotas are formulated even if it is just a reflection of a large company goal for the quarter. Overall I would recommend this workplace to others.
A company on the upswing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 23, 2017
Indeed is on the ascendant: lots of growth, lots of cool new projects, tons of interesting work and opportunity.
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
Pros
Free lunch. Grand vision. Great colleagues.
Cons
Paying technical debt
A energetic company that is refreshingly human/
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 15, 2017
I was an Account Executive Intern for inside sales. The company was focused on making the best individual I can be for the job and the individuals I worked with. The work was a challenge.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, happy hours, energetic environment
Cons
high stress, competitive.
Great Place to Work & Grow!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 14, 2017
I love working at indeed - I find the days to be exciting and different. Indeed fosters learning and personal growth.
Many opportunities to train and expand knowledge.
Great environment for growth
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. Free lunches and open PTO make it for a excellent place of employment. Salary is quite low though. Will be finding other employment if salary does not increase with the cost of living in Austin.
Pros
Free food, open PTO
Cons
Very low pay
Great place to work!
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
At Indeed you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work. A typical day here in Client Support includes optimizing accounts, answering inbound client requests, and partnering with our Sales team to ensure smooth and consistent results for our clients.

Indeed is very much a tech company culture, it is relaxed and includes a ton of free snacks.

The hardest part of the job is navigating all of the technical investigation, the most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with clients and teammates, and participating in a company that is really making a global impact!
Pros
Fun environment, great coworkers, stocked pantry
Cons
Favoritism amongst managers
Great company to begin and continue your career
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I have been working with Indeed for about 2 years now and I can honestly say that I have been very happy with my decision. The work environment/company culture is very positive and makes the work day enjoyable. They do good a great job investing in employee development with ongoing trainings and sessions to help prosper continuous learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2