Indeed

Indeed Employer Reviews

Very, very nice NYC and Stamford office. Fun, upbeat.
Contract Sales Recruiter (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 12, 2014
Pros: easy parking, tons of snacks.
Nice people, normal, one of the most functional groups I've seen. Pleasure to be around all the people there.
Great way to enter and learn an industry, but not a place to stay too long
Anonymous (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 7, 2014
Pros: pretty good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great, very generous quarterly bonuses
Cons: crm (homegrown) is rather buggy and has some flaws - as the company gains so many users, this continue to be a bigger issue. new positions/structural changes seem a little arbitrary.
Indeed is a good company. Its success and growth have been increasing dramatically - YOY numbers are pretty crazy. It is highly unlikely that you'll ever experience a start up gain such success again. It's pretty amazing to see, and honestly, pretty fun to be a part of.

That said, you have to be careful that you don't stop learning. The product is – more... fairly one dimensional, so it's pretty easy to do so. If things stop getting challenging, you're staying there too long. For most people, this happens in about 1 and a half to 2 years. By then, you'll learn everything you can about the company. I say this as a caveat to anyone looking to apply. By all means do so, but be aware that you're not making a huge, long term career leap.

Indeed is a great company and worth applying to. It has a lot to offer to people with not much experience, but it's important to know that it won't take long for you to want to take the experience and move elsewhere. – less
Great culture, exciting growth.
Talent Sourcing Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 7, 2014
Pros: culture, lunches.
Cons: lack of vertical movement in career.
I was attracted to Indeed.com because of its year over year growth in the job board space. I wanted to be part of a leading organization and that is what Indeed is with the most online traffic in the industry.
Great culture; fun and smart co-workers; room for advancement
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: fun, casual culture; free snacks; happy hours
Cons: none that i can think of
Indeed is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization. Additionally, Indeed invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal – more... and professional growth. It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing organization! – less
Salesperson Beware
Account Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 25, 2014
I worked here a few years back so I can only imagine things have gotten progressively worse for inside sales reps. If you're looking for a job right out of college and you're absolutely desperate (as I was) then go for it. But know that this job has the ability to make you never want to be a salesperson again.

- Don't trust HR when they say compensation – more... is going to be double your pay check. I've read on Glass Door that reps now ask for hourly wages due to the extra time required to prospect.
- This is a 'churn and burn' culture for Account Execs, they do not value sales reps as long term investments. You will be trained for a couple weeks and then thrown to the world of cold calling in a saturated marketplace
- Indeed is now a household name, good luck finding prospects that the previous 1000+reps have been harassing over the past 5 years
- Companies like indeed are fantastic to work for in their first 3-5 years but that's long gone
- Management is awful so if you're a rookie, you're on your own.

Glass Half Full - you'll like the young culture, company happy hours, etc. – less
Fun place to work, competitive environment
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free snacks, opportunity
Great office, free snacks, awesome sales floor. Competitive environment which is great for a salesperson.
Work with smart, down-to-earth, young, fun people
International (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, big data, intellectual challenge
Indeed is extremely data driven. You work with big data and a bunch of smart and practical young people on intellectually challenging projects.
Exciting place to be
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Indeed is not perfect but it is a company that has fun, believes in it's product and attracts great people. The technology at Indeed is quiet but it speaks volumes when talking to clients. I'm excited about the things to come here at Indeed!
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table!
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: catered lunches, awesome co-workers!
Cons: none.
The company culture is great! Many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. A fast paced and growing company which great to start off your career! Management is there for you every step of the way in coaching and helping you with anything you need. Meeting new people and talking/managing clients everyday – more... is the best part of the job. There is a lot of freedom and ways to show improvement and your skills. – less
You get what you put in it
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free catered lunches
Cons: job security
Prospecting and cold calling was part of your average day. Learned about PPC and Recruiting. Good Support from management. Co-workers are always supportive. Finding leads are toughest part of the job. Closing deals are the most enjoyable part of the job.
I HELP PEOPLE GET JOBS
Director, Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: opportunity
Cons: i wish i started here sooner!
Indeed is an amazingly successful company because of its fantastic team and because Indeed.com is a great tool. It really works and is blowing away the competition!

Indeed's growth dwarfs other employers and with growth comes opportunity. New needs and responsibilities are constantly arising and these opportunities are readily assigned based on meritocracy, – more... which makes Indeed a fantastic place to fast-track your career.

Most importantly, the work we are doing is helping people to get the job of their dreams. At the end of the day, it's work you can truly feel good about. Indeed is the place to be for smart and driven client services professionals! – less
Great, Growing Company
Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
You get out of this job what you put in! Work hard and try to make an impact and you truly can.
Young, energetic, fast-paces work environment with great perks
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, breakfast, snacks, drinks, happy hours, and holiday parties!
Cons: high pressure to hit high quotas; ratio of men to women is 7:3
Easy going environment but always fun if you like a challenge. Great bonuses and commission. Not so fun when you compete against people on your own team for prospects. Directors micromanage. Ping pong table in the office!
Work-life balance in a thriving and attentive company
Client Services Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: stocked kitchen, happy hours, collegial environment, consistent manager feedback
Cons: benefits are good but could be better.
I've been with Indeed for almost a year and have been impressed with my experience so far.

The management is very good about listening and taking your interests into consideration when assigning projects and setting long-term career goals. It's refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and not merely treated like a – more... number.

We certainly work hard at Indeed everyday, but we also make sure to balance it with happy hours, company picnics, free lunches and fun. – less
Great place to learn and advance
Manager, Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: fun, entrepreneurial culture; strong management
Working at Indeed, this is the first time I'm actually excited on my commute in the morning. Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction on how – more... to continue to develop.

My team is motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I learn from them, and continue to be impressed by the ways they challenge themselves to improve their skills and knowledge. Even though we've outgrown the "start-up" label, the culture is still entrepreneurial and promotes integrity.

I feel trusted to make decisions, and help change the business for the better. – less
Account Executive Sales Intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2013
I love working at Indeed so far it has been a great learning experience. I feel I am truly going to grow from this experience.
good company to work for; solid training program for interns
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches every wednesday, fully stocked kitchen, happy hours
Cons: crm is poorly structured and slows you down; must generate your own leads as an account executive, which is very time consuming and frustrating process within a crm that is outdated
The Account Executive Internship Program at Indeed is great for college students looking to learn about every aspect of the sales process (from lead generation to cold calling to introducing customers to the product and finally managing existing accounts). The work environment is young and fun but just like any other sales office in that it is highly – more... competitive. – less
National Account Executive (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2013
Pros: right product at the right time
Cons: sales culture in development
Indeed is on the cutting edge of where recruitment advertising is headed. The anti-job board in a lot ways, Indeed excels at providing transparency and value to customers that deserve it.

Management is tremendous and although there are some cultural growing pains (due to rapid growth), overall, I couldn't be happier.
It is an exciting time here at Indeed!
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great sales experience & training, fun culture, work hard/play hard mentality, you 100% get what you put in!!
Cons: you 100% get what you put in.
For the two plus years I have been at Indeed I have not only learned a great deal, but I have also been compensated for the hard work I put in. I was in sales for 5 years before landing my job here and what is asked of you as an Account Executive is standard of what you would find in any inside sales jobs: make calls, present demos, send proposals, – more... and close business. However, the great work environment that has been created out here while doing these tasks is what makes Indeed stand out. I love the people I work with!
The hardest part of the job is the same as any sales job, having the mental endurance to keep positive after having a tough call with a Prospect or Client. However, if you work hard you will be compensated monetarily as well as recognized by your peers, leadership, and the company.
It is as easy as you get out of it what you put in. Indeed is not reinventing the wheel on the sales processes it practices, however we are reinventing the wheel by selling the best recruitment resource out there. We are growing quickly - conducting interviews on a very aggressive scale to keep up with our huge growth. It is an exciting time here at Indeed. – less
Glad it's over
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free snacks and beer to help you gain the indeed 15, indeed is great at hiring young talented people.
Cons: everything else
I will start by saying that I am writing this review to help others, I am fortunate enough to have a good amount of savings going into this role but for those that aren’t prepared to take a financial hit beware and stay away. I am a Sales Professional who has been in industry for 10 years, what I was promised going in is nothing remotely close to what – more... the actual role provides.

This job is risky, some who have weathered the storm have seen success but at the cost of monotony, and never knowing what will happen the next quarter.

Two questions to ask in the interview to get a better idea of what you’re getting into. What does the turnover look like, and how many Account Executives hit 90% of their quota. The honest answer should look like this, we have at least one person leave every week and about 50% of the employees succeed. Turnover is such an issue, Sales Directors can’t manage the business because more than half of their time is dedicated to interviews.

Most are super motivated to start but that quickly turns around as you get an understanding of the business. This is what you will face in a role as an Account Executive, you will work with a team where everyone hates what they do because the job is robotic, and unfruitful. Prospecting for good leads is impossible, everything that is worth your time is taken, people are fighting each other for prospects, just a sad and toxic environment. You are required to make 60+ calls a day which is easy until the second week where you realize you've called all of your prospects that have been called by old Account Executives at least 3 times.

Leaders don’t go through a formal training process, most companies spend 6+ months to breed leaders by giving them special projects and training to ensure that they are ready, at Indeed Sales Directors are the survivors those that made it past a year or two. They are sent to training for a week and then tasked to lead a team completely unprepared. – less

About Indeed

Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 140 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. – Read more