Indeed

Indeed Employer Reviews

A satisfying mission, great business results
Marketing (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 20, 2013
The company is totally focused on our mission: to help people get jobs. The mission provides a great deal of clarity to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction. Because Indeed works so well for employers and job seekers, it's a high growth company with lots of opportunity. The metrics-driven culture is coupled with a real – more... appreciation for the people using the service. It's a fun work environment -- open and collaborative with lots of bright, intellectually curious people. – less
Not the best place to start or have a career
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: lunches, beer and more beer
Cons: not the best place to build a career
Beware! If you are conned into taking an offer from Indeed you will find yourself being placed into a magical time machine that will take you directly back to high school. Drama drama drama...blah blah blah. There also is no HR representative in this office leading to an anything goes/say anything type of work place-Management included.

Next is the – more... lead generation....there is none. Good luck finding anything that isn't taken by other sales reps. Selling the product is like fishing with dynamite. Great product but there is no freakin fish left! You can not build a strong enough pipeline to hit your growing quotas. I'm serious...entire teams are not hitting there quota this quarter. If you do take an offer, be sure to negotiate a base pay that is able to provide for your family/lifestyle, because most likely you'll be paid that and maybe a little little more.

Overall...look elsewhere. Say no to the offer and go to a company that has better lead generation. I would of recommended it awhile ago when I first started but sadly I would not recommend working at Indeed.

The only thing good about this place is free Booz on Fridays and tons of free junk food. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 5, 2013
A great place to come into work everyday. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.
Indeed has displayed the worst non-charismatic Sr. Sales Director
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: great company, lots of potential, east coast weirdness?
Cons: see below.
As a redeemed quality sales associate and diligent entrepreneurial type of spirit. I look for others that I can learn from, this has to be the poorest excuse for direction ever seen form a manager role. It's almost as if indeed itself capriciously decided to pick the sales directors and Sr. Sales Director especially out of a hat.

The job seems to be – more... qualitatively the biggest joke I've ever been apart of. I thought you are suppose to coach and lead as a respected individual not a tyrant nor simpleton.

Indeed needs to seriously stop the East Coast favoring for its quantitative approach in selection if they want more quality workers like myself apart of this gamble if you will.

Sr. Management and directors, are perhaps the largest portion to blame and they need to adjust their influence accordingly if they wish to be successful and grow at the rate they want to.

Worry about your own work, focus on putting the coaching hat on and doing it will – less
No job security and over saturated market...do not apply
Account executive (Former Employee), Mountain viewMay 12, 2013
Pros: free food, beer and happy hours
Cons: look below
Lets see how long this stays up before they take it off

No job security

-I have been at this company for a few months now and have seen someone leave or get fired every week
- Horrible management leads to a atmosphere where it is not possible to be guided to hit sales quotas
- If you are not buddy buddy with upper management then you will never be – more... promoted...even if your sales are better then your competition

Oversaturated market

- You will go through 1000 companies to find 1 that is not taken already by another sales rep. On average it takes veteran sales reps to find 1 company per hour. This leads to a low count of prospects=low income

- All day you have to watch your book of prospects due to other sales reps being allowed to take them if you
- do not attempt contact within 48 hours
-do not get a hold of anyone in 90 days
-do not close the deal in 6 months
- or management will decide it can be closed by someone else and assign the prospect to them without checking with you
This is all called Biz ruling .When you Biz rule someone else their feelings get hurt and they complain to management and you are asked to stop.

More then 3/4 of the sales reps do not make their quotas...truth.

Side note: management expects you to make 60 calls a day. This is counter productive due to the fact that 99% of sales reps spend a good hour out of their day making calls that lead to no where....on purpose – less

May 16, 2013

That sounds like sales to me. At any company...

Great product, company with potential, terrible leadership in sales organization
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2013
Pros: you will work with great people that are hard working but disgruntled and become unmotivated, stocked fridge with a lot of food/beer, constant "happy hours" to mask the low morale
Cons: management, directors are there to micromanage and basically be "stat-checkers" (for lack of better terms), management brings no creative value to the company, sales reps do all of the work while getting belittled, one sr. director in particular has no idea what he is doing and should be fired
The only thing that management cares about is the number of calls that you make everyday. They could care less if you are closing a lot of business or being creative to get to decision makers. Management's lack of leadership ability creates a terrible work environment for the sales reps and the turnover is horrendous. In the beginning of every quarter, – more... you can expect at least 5-10 people to quit. Morale is extremely low for the sales reps, but the other other departments seem to be happy.

They promise you big things when you are interviewing, but the fact of the matter is that once you come on board as a sales rep with Indeed, you will be looking for a new job with the 6 months - 1 year. You will either be a disgruntled employee or they will force you out because of their aggressive quotas and micromanagement.

Overall sales projections seem to be totally false. Indeed was bought by a Japanese company based on these projections, and I am sure they are regretting how much they paid. It seems that this is why things have changed so much and they force a lot of people out. It cannot always be the sales reps fault. Eventually, you need to put the blame on the people who are "leading (managing??)" the sales efforts.

The people that were promoted to director internally are the people that have a bright future there. They are hard working and deserve to be where they are. Hiring Directors/Sr. Directors from outside organizations has proven to be a disaster (with a few exceptions). The great sales reps they have will soon leave the company due to a lack of direction. There is only so long that a sales rep can meet the requirements before they are fired.

Keep it up, Indeed. – less
Fun, Rapidly Growing Company
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: stocked kitchen, fun environment, happy hours, solid training exercises
Cons: consistent high turnover
Got nothing bad to say about Indeed. Wish everyone the best and enjoyed my time there. Work hard play hard mentality and a rapidly growing company that deserves all the accolades.
Energetic and a very positive work environment
Client Services Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 21, 2013
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere. Interning at Indeed gives me a taste of what I am in for when I graduate school. The "work hard, play hard" mantra makes going into work very enjoyable. The hard work and dedication that is given is really shown through the company's weekly meetings. It's crazy how much this company is growing and – more... I am so excited to be apart of it! – less
Fast-paced, fun and fulfilling
- Awesome atmosphere
- Nice office
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 31, 2012
You get out of this job as much as you put into it. The Account Executive role allows for a strong willed and driven entrepreneur to make a huge impact on his or her own book of business. Indeed management sticks to what they say and sets fair and challenging expectations for you. Indeed owns up to its creed of putting the job seeker first. I feel a – more... huge sense of accomplishment working for a company that stands firm to their core values. – less
Super fun working environment
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Mountain ViewNovember 21, 2012
Pros: free food and drinks to keep us awake, weekly beer and shares
Cons: difficult to advance in the company
A typical day is 8 hours long, but on Fridays, they are cut a little short for this weekly event called, "Beer and Share," when everyone in the office has a beer and shares their week.

During the day people are constantly making calls, hosting demos to their clients, and prospecting. Sometimes, you can see people in the kitchen having prospecting parties.

Many – more... of the employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive space and very laid back.

For the most part, the moral is up, until the end of each quarter when pretty much everyone freaks out because they haven't met their quota yet. Once that starts happening, the stress and competition build. I personally think that this happening forces sales executives to work even harder to meet their goals.

The best part of being with Indeed is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed. – less
Fun and challenging workplace with great culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good culture, smart people
Management is smart, they always tried to make sure I was working on something useful, interesting, and helpful to the company. Every business and code decision is data-driven, so management decisions always make sense. Co-workers are all very smart, and company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions.

January 6, 2014

I run the internship program at Indeed and I can tell you we love our interns! We definitely make sure they get awesome opportunities. I think we have one of the best software development internship programs in the country.

Fun, energetic atmosphere!
Account Executive (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: free food, etc. beautiful location in mountain view
Cons: 60 calls or bust isn't always fun, but the end result can be.
Work hard/play hard actually applies here. There's great earning potential in a market where the opportunity is endless. Most companies are receptive to the sales calls if done properly. More people have heard about Indeed every month as compared to the last. This is a great place where if you can make it through the grind through your first initial – more... year, you'll be in a fantastic place! – less
Marketing (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 18, 2012
Pros: the majority of my co-workers are extremely passionate about indeed's products, management is helpful, and encourages you to learn and grow.
Indeed has a young, energetic company culture. Great place to work!
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches
I found meaningful work here and Indeed is a great place to learn as an intern. The PMs are intelligent and sociable. Tons of fun while getting code into production.
Young, High energy startup with an awesome culture
Account Executive (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 4, 2012
Pros: money, growth, awesome culture
Indeed is a great company to work for, they really give meaning to the motto "Work Hard, Play Hard". I worked at Indeed as an account executive from 2011 to 2012. Most of management is internal which is a good indication of not only financial growth but personal growth. If you like fast paced, high energy, a company that plays sports, like happy hours – more... and do fun stuff together, this is the company to work for! It was painful to leave but relocated to another state, otherwise I would of continued to work at Indeed! – less
Good Atmosphere To Work In
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 29, 2012
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Indeed. Everyone is very friendly with their coworkers and there is a great sense of camaraderie between everyone. All of the sales people, while they are competing against each other for clients, really want their friends and coworkers to do well too, which leads to a lot of helping hands between the workers.

As an – more... intern, my job was to help generate sales leads by finding companies with jobs listed on their website that were not already being worked by a sales person at Indeed. As I got further into my internship, I began prospecting for my own clients and calling them to pitch Indeed and our product to different companies, drawing in more business to Indeed. The hardest part, which to me was also the most enjoyable, was the cold-calling clients and speaking with the company representatives. All in all, a very fun place to work. – less
Fast moving, fast growing and succeeding beautifully
Director (Current Employee), StamfordMay 17, 2012
Pros: energetic company, extremely talented individuals
Cons: lack of communication
There isn't a dull moment at Indeed. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the online recruitment industry. It's also wonderful to know that we value the job seeker and put them first in all that we do.

The – more... level of talent at Indeed is exceptional and everyone here is great to work for. There's always something you can learn from your colleagues – less
Serious about software development
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2012
Pros: smart people, commitment to the product
Cons: things tend to be tightly controlled from top down
Indeed is a great place to learn about software development. Smart folks with high commitment to doing it right.
Indeed.com summary
Account Executive (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 28, 2012
Pros: great management, exceedable quotas
Working at Indeed has been a pleasure and has been a great place to start a real sales career.

About Indeed

Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 140 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. – Read more