Indeed

Indeed Employer Reviews

Energetic and a very positive work environment
Client Services Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 21, 2013
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere. Interning at Indeed gives me a taste of what I am in for when I graduate school. The "work hard, play hard" mantra makes going into work very enjoyable. The hard work and dedication that is given is really shown through the company's weekly meetings. It's crazy how much this company is growing and – more... I am so excited to be apart of it! – less
Fast-paced, fun and fulfilling
- Awesome atmosphere
- Nice office
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 31, 2012
You get out of this job as much as you put into it. The Account Executive role allows for a strong willed and driven entrepreneur to make a huge impact on his or her own book of business. Indeed management sticks to what they say and sets fair and challenging expectations for you. Indeed owns up to its creed of putting the job seeker first. I feel a – more... huge sense of accomplishment working for a company that stands firm to their core values. – less
Super fun working environment
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Mountain ViewNovember 21, 2012
Pros: free food and drinks to keep us awake, weekly beer and shares
Cons: difficult to advance in the company
A typical day is 8 hours long, but on Fridays, they are cut a little short for this weekly event called, "Beer and Share," when everyone in the office has a beer and shares their week.

During the day people are constantly making calls, hosting demos to their clients, and prospecting. Sometimes, you can see people in the kitchen having prospecting parties.

Many – more... of the employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive space and very laid back.

For the most part, the moral is up, until the end of each quarter when pretty much everyone freaks out because they haven't met their quota yet. Once that starts happening, the stress and competition build. I personally think that this happening forces sales executives to work even harder to meet their goals.

The best part of being with Indeed is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed. – less
Fun and challenging workplace with great culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good culture, smart people
Management is smart, they always tried to make sure I was working on something useful, interesting, and helpful to the company. Every business and code decision is data-driven, so management decisions always make sense. Co-workers are all very smart, and company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions.

18dklqh3l5ncgcks – January 6, 2014

I run the internship program at Indeed and I can tell you we love our interns! We definitely make sure they get awesome opportunities. I think we have one of the best software development internship programs in the country.

Fun, energetic atmosphere!
Account Executive (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: free food, etc. beautiful location in mountain view
Cons: 60 calls or bust isn't always fun, but the end result can be.
Work hard/play hard actually applies here. There's great earning potential in a market where the opportunity is endless. Most companies are receptive to the sales calls if done properly. More people have heard about Indeed every month as compared to the last. This is a great place where if you can make it through the grind through your first initial – more... year, you'll be in a fantastic place! – less
Marketing (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 18, 2012
Pros: the majority of my co-workers are extremely passionate about indeed's products, management is helpful, and encourages you to learn and grow.
Indeed has a young, energetic company culture. Great place to work!
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches
I found meaningful work here and Indeed is a great place to learn as an intern. The PMs are intelligent and sociable. Tons of fun while getting code into production.
Young, High energy startup with an awesome culture
Account Executive (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 4, 2012
Pros: money, growth, awesome culture
Indeed is a great company to work for, they really give meaning to the motto "Work Hard, Play Hard". I worked at Indeed as an account executive from 2011 to 2012. Most of management is internal which is a good indication of not only financial growth but personal growth. If you like fast paced, high energy, a company that plays sports, like happy hours – more... and do fun stuff together, this is the company to work for! It was painful to leave but relocated to another state, otherwise I would of continued to work at Indeed! – less
Good Atmosphere To Work In
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 29, 2012
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Indeed. Everyone is very friendly with their coworkers and there is a great sense of camaraderie between everyone. All of the sales people, while they are competing against each other for clients, really want their friends and coworkers to do well too, which leads to a lot of helping hands between the workers.

As an – more... intern, my job was to help generate sales leads by finding companies with jobs listed on their website that were not already being worked by a sales person at Indeed. As I got further into my internship, I began prospecting for my own clients and calling them to pitch Indeed and our product to different companies, drawing in more business to Indeed. The hardest part, which to me was also the most enjoyable, was the cold-calling clients and speaking with the company representatives. All in all, a very fun place to work. – less
Fast moving, fast growing and succeeding beautifully
Director (Current Employee), StamfordMay 17, 2012
Pros: energetic company, extremely talented individuals
Cons: lack of communication
There isn't a dull moment at Indeed. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the online recruitment industry. It's also wonderful to know that we value the job seeker and put them first in all that we do.

The – more... level of talent at Indeed is exceptional and everyone here is great to work for. There's always something you can learn from your colleagues – less
Serious about software development
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2012
Pros: smart people, commitment to the product
Cons: things tend to be tightly controlled from top down
Indeed is a great place to learn about software development. Smart folks with high commitment to doing it right.
Indeed.com summary
Account Executive (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 28, 2012
Pros: great management, exceedable quotas
Working at Indeed has been a pleasure and has been a great place to start a real sales career.
Great company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 4, 2012
Pros: the product works, it's a dream for a sales person.
Cons: not much growth potential
Indeed.com has growth numbers that other companies dream about. the culture is great and the people are generally nice and hardworking. the only real con is that they are growing so quickly and there are some growing pains.

– June 26, 2013

I have Applied for 400 jobs and got 0 offers. I feel its because of my age. What is your companies stand on age discrimination? ??

Great People, Great Product, Challenging Work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2012
Indeed is an excellent place to work. From nice perks (food and games) to a fantastically diverse set of coworkers (literally dozens of countries represented in the same office), Indeed offers plenty of interesting problems to solve, and the agility to solve them quickly. And you get to help people find jobs!
Quietly brilliant, Indeed (sorry HTC)
Product Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2012
Pros: indeed makes me enjoy going to work
Cons: paychex 401k funds suck
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Indeed's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Indeed moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made – more... based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Indeed does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Indeed's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation. – less
Great company to work at
Chief Expiration Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches twice a week
I respect all the people that I work with. I can come to work at whatever time I want. There is a lot of great technology being used.
Great place to develop your career and learn new things!
French CMA (Former Employee), Auxtin TXNovember 15, 2011
Pros: young team and challenging environment
Cons: well, i can't see...
Indeed is definitely a great company where you can learn new things with an excellent and skilled team, and develop your career. I lauched Indeed in most of the French-speaking countries a few years ago. It was very motivating seeing the website go live and improve every week with your own work and ideas... It felt good to be part of something big and – more... international! – less
Challenging, fun place with a bright future
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 13, 2011
Pros: free catered lunches a few times a week, a nice game room, beer on friday afternoons, fun parties occasionally
I worked at Indeed as a Software Engineer for just over 6 years. It's one of the best tech companies to work at in Austin. Overall, the people are cool and interesting, with diverse backgrounds. The founders are very smart, and you can learn a lot about what it takes to make an Internet startup successful. And because searching for a job is something – more... almost everyone does at some point, you have the chance to improve the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way. – less
Indeed is my company
CMA, Tertiary Europe (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2011
Pros: beer and boots on fri
Cons: beer and boots on fri after work
I love working for Indeed. No really! There's a good balance that's struck between creative ideation and monotonous tasks.

Ideation - When you need to let that creativity exude. But you better back it up with some solid stats.

Monotonous tasks - For when it's 5pm on Fridays

About Indeed

Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 140 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. – Read more