Indeed Employee Reviews in United States

Great Perks and Benefits
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Indeed is not only a great place to begin any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career.

The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do.
Fun and challenging workplace with great culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2012
Management is smart, they always tried to make sure I was working on something useful, interesting, and helpful to the company. Every business and code decision is data-driven, so management decisions always make sense. Co-workers are all very smart, and company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions.
Pros
free lunches, good culture, smart people

Comment – December 31, 1969

I run the internship program at Indeed and I can tell you we love our interns! We definitely make sure they get awesome opportunities. I think we have one of the best software development internship programs in the country.

Great place to start
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 1, 2013
I interned at Indeed this past summer and found it to be quite the enjoyable, yet educational experience.

The atmosphere there is amazing and everyone is very friendly. I had a hard time adjusting at first, but soon found a new calling in the sales world.

I learned so much that I am very grateful for. The only complaint I have is that I think I wasn't confident enough to start cold calling on my own. I think they should have spent more time preparing the interns for that work. They had us practice the sales pitch over and over and over, but never once did we have practice with a cold call, that was more of a "sink or swim" learning method.

In the end, everything turned out great. Love the company, and product. I've been spreading the word ever since I accepted the position. Definitely recommend!
Pros
great workplace, free snacks and beverages every day, free breakfast on fridays. occasional free lunch. competitive. challenging
Cons
long days
Great Company
Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Working with Indeed has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!
Lively, fast paced, and productive
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2014
In my first week working for Indeed, I felt completely comfortable in the office because everyone is so friendly! The first two weeks here is training, and they throw so much information at you so fast that you learn a lot very quickly and by the end you are extremely well prepared to start making sales!
Pros
great culture, hard working and fast paced atmosphere, awesome management
Cons
not for the lazy or the weak!
Fun, energetic atmosphere!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2012
Work hard/play hard actually applies here. There's great earning potential in a market where the opportunity is endless. Most companies are receptive to the sales calls if done properly. More people have heard about Indeed every month as compared to the last. This is a great place where if you can make it through the grind through your first initial year, you'll be in a fantastic place!
Pros
free food, etc. beautiful location in mountain view
Cons
60 calls or bust isn't always fun, but the end result can be.
A satisfying mission, great business results
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 20, 2013
The company is totally focused on our mission: to help people get jobs. The mission provides a great deal of clarity to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction. Because Indeed works so well for employers and job seekers, it's a high growth company with lots of opportunity. The metrics-driven culture is coupled with a real appreciation for the people using the service. It's a fun work environment -- open and collaborative with lots of bright, intellectually curious people.
Young, Fun, Energetic company
Sales Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 21, 2014
Awesome place to work as well as great time with co-workers. Had a phenomenal company culture centered around a work hard-play hard environment.
Pros
office vibe, catered lunches
Cons
low room for growth
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Account Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
My favorite part about working at Indeed is my co-workers and the management. My directors are very approachable and easy to talk to!
You get what you put in it
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Prospecting and cold calling was part of your average day. Learned about PPC and Recruiting. Good Support from management. Co-workers are always supportive. Finding leads are toughest part of the job. Closing deals are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free catered lunches
Cons
job security
Super fun working environment
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Mountain ViewNovember 21, 2012
A typical day is 8 hours long, but on Fridays, they are cut a little short for this weekly event called, "Beer and Share," when everyone in the office has a beer and shares their week.

During the day people are constantly making calls, hosting demos to their clients, and prospecting. Sometimes, you can see people in the kitchen having prospecting parties.

Many of the employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive space and very laid back.

For the most part, the moral is up, until the end of each quarter when pretty much everyone freaks out because they haven't met their quota yet. Once that starts happening, the stress and competition build. I personally think that this happening forces sales executives to work even harder to meet their goals.

The best part of being with Indeed is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed.
Pros
free food and drinks to keep us awake, weekly beer and shares
Cons
difficult to advance in the company
Energetic and a very positive work environment
Client Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 21, 2013
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere. Interning at Indeed gives me a taste of what I am in for when I graduate school. The "work hard, play hard" mantra makes going into work very enjoyable. The hard work and dedication that is given is really shown through the company's weekly meetings. It's crazy how much this company is growing and I am so excited to be apart of it!
Do not go into Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 8, 2013
I'll keep it short and sweet.

There is no prospect generation=47% of sales force not hitting quota.

No job security, a person who's been at a Indeed 10 months is considered a veteran.

Commission structure has limitation and stipulations

Expect you to call 60 calls a day when you run out of people to call after your 3rd week of employment

Do not go into sales. I beg of you...save yourself
Pros
free lunches, take a break when ever you want as long as you get your work done
Cons
cons below
Great culture, exciting growth.
Talent Sourcing Intern (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 7, 2014
I was attracted to Indeed.com because of its year over year growth in the job board space. I wanted to be part of a leading organization and that is what Indeed is with the most online traffic in the industry.
Pros
culture, lunches.
Cons
lack of vertical movement in career.
Great place to develop your career and learn new things!
French CMA (Former Employee) –  Auxtin TXNovember 15, 2011
Indeed is definitely a great company where you can learn new things with an excellent and skilled team, and develop your career. I lauched Indeed in most of the French-speaking countries a few years ago. It was very motivating seeing the website go live and improve every week with your own work and ideas... It felt good to be part of something big and international!
Pros
young team and challenging environment
Cons
well, i can't see...
Good Atmosphere To Work In
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 29, 2012
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Indeed. Everyone is very friendly with their coworkers and there is a great sense of camaraderie between everyone. All of the sales people, while they are competing against each other for clients, really want their friends and coworkers to do well too, which leads to a lot of helping hands between the workers.

As an intern, my job was to help generate sales leads by finding companies with jobs listed on their website that were not already being worked by a sales person at Indeed. As I got further into my internship, I began prospecting for my own clients and calling them to pitch Indeed and our product to different companies, drawing in more business to Indeed. The hardest part, which to me was also the most enjoyable, was the cold-calling clients and speaking with the company representatives. All in all, a very fun place to work.
Good job. Company culture is great. Management makes work fun but challenging.
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  San MateoAugust 25, 2014
A++
A typical work day is 8 - 5 and you sell online advertisements. Days consist of meeting, calls, training, and office activities.

Learned how to sell, cold call, negotiate, communicate B2B.

Hardest part of job is resisting the free food. Most enjoyable is being on the phones and talking to different people.

Management: A+
Co-Workers: A++
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 31, 2012
You get out of this job as much as you put into it. The Account Executive role allows for a strong willed and driven entrepreneur to make a huge impact on his or her own book of business. Indeed management sticks to what they say and sets fair and challenging expectations for you. Indeed owns up to its creed of putting the job seeker first. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment working for a company that stands firm to their core values.
Great first job for graduates that are motivated by $$$
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2014
If you are a motivated sales person and can grow a book of business with a great company culture - this is the place to do it. Yes many prospects are taken but if you are creative and willing to put in some additional effort, you can make six-figure earnings within the first 3 years.
Pros
great culture - go see it
Cons
customer churn
No job security and over saturated market...do not apply
Account executive  (Former Employee) –  Mountain view May 12, 2013
Lets see how long this stays up before they take it off

No job security

-I have been at this company for a few months now and have seen someone leave or get fired every week
- Horrible management leads to a atmosphere where it is not possible to be guided to hit sales quotas
- If you are not buddy buddy with upper management then you will never be promoted...even if your sales are better then your competition

Oversaturated market

- You will go through 1000 companies to find 1 that is not taken already by another sales rep. On average it takes veteran sales reps to find 1 company per hour. This leads to a low count of prospects=low income

- All day you have to watch your book of prospects due to other sales reps being allowed to take them if you
- do not attempt contact within 48 hours
-do not get a hold of anyone in 90 days
-do not close the deal in 6 months
- or management will decide it can be closed by someone else and assign the prospect to them without checking with you
This is all called Biz ruling .When you Biz rule someone else their feelings get hurt and they complain to management and you are asked to stop.

More then 3/4 of the sales reps do not make their quotas...truth.

Side note: management expects you to make 60 calls a day. This is counter productive due to the fact that 99% of sales reps spend a good hour out of their day making calls that lead to no where....on purpose

Pros
Free food, beer and happy hours
Cons
Look below

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4