Indeed Employee Reviews

What's not to love about working for Indeed?
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 3, 2015
Culture is first and foremost at Indeed, which could be the biggest reason it is the #1 jobsite worldwide. Senior leadership does everything they can to make every employee happy and come to work excited. They are also HIGHLY visible every single day, including the CEO. Offices are open floor plans, so no corner offices for the senior leadership. They sit all over the building and amongst all of the different teams in their departments. Managers are highly experienced in the digital media/digital advertising field so you are learning from the best of the best in the industry.

Entry-level jobs are filled on personality and fit, which makes your coworkers unique and inspiring. Indeed's Training and Development team can (and will) teach you what you need to know to perform the job, but you have to bring personality and drive everyday to be great at it.

Indeed bombards you with perks and swag, are always looking to improve employee benefits, and just takes unbelievable care of their own in general. Promotions are everywhere, all over the US and the world, so the opportunities are endless. Lunch is provided every Wednesday, breakfast every Friday, with Thursday happy hours (also catered) sprinkled in a couple times a month. Wide assortment of snacks and drinks on all floors. This is a company with a big name right in the heart of Stamford that is growing stronger everyday, but that is still not enough to change its small company feel.

You will not regret applying for a job at Indeed.
Pros
Weekly lunches, happy hours, management, advancement opportunities
Cons
Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees
Senior Account Executive, National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2013
I feel very fortunate to be part of a company that is so quickly becoming the leader in online recruitment. In 3+ years I have experienced the expansion of employees/teams, offices, management and incentive programs. Not to mention competitive benefit programs, an ongoing training curriculum and career path assistance.

Additionally, the tools and reporting capabilities from our product team are second to none. The sales team is given excellent support from IT, Client Services, etc. I am continually impressed with the thought and care that goes into the materials that are rolled out both internally and to our clients.

With the recent addition of top-notch marketing leadership, I look forward to Indeed becoming a household name in the very near future. We've already come a long way very quickly!

With our worldwide growth, I do not know all my fellow employees as well as I did during Indeed's infancy. However, there are many who have been here for a long time and are very proud of the Indeed product and the strong relationships they have established with their co-workers. I know I am not alone in my excitement for what's to come at Indeed...

Cleveland rocks!!!

Great company, probably won't retire here
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
I really appreciate that the company allows flexibility in your workday and unlimited PTO. My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by team leads.
I only wish the pay was a bit higher. Because of this, I doubt if I will be able to work here for very long. But for the time being, I'm enjoying learning new things and picking up a few skills.
Pros
catered lunch, casual dress, team outings, support, Aetna
Cons
low pay
Official response from Indeed
November 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing your perspective from the Search Quality team. We strive to keep our compensation competitive as well as provide lots of perks and benefits that make life easier. Feedback like yours helps us continue to improve how we reward our employees.

good company to work for; solid training program for interns
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2013
The Account Executive Internship Program at Indeed is great for college students looking to learn about every aspect of the sales process (from lead generation to cold calling to introducing customers to the product and finally managing existing accounts). The work environment is young and fun but just like any other sales office in that it is highly competitive.
Pros
Free lunches every Wednesday, fully stocked kitchen, happy hours
Cons
CRM is poorly structured and slows you down; must generate your own leads as an account executive, which is very time consuming and frustrating process within a CRM that is outdated
awesome culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2014
As a growing organization they're constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for it's account executives to succeed.
Pros
compensation, weekly catered lunches, happy hours, young energetic atmosphere, growth opportunities
Cons
hours (9-6), many successful executives waiting for promotions which will come as long as you continue to perform
It is an exciting time here at Indeed!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 12, 2013
For the two plus years I have been at Indeed I have not only learned a great deal, but I have also been compensated for the hard work I put in. I was in sales for 5 years before landing my job here and what is asked of you as an Account Executive is standard of what you would find in any inside sales jobs: make calls, present demos, send proposals, and close business. However, the great work environment that has been created out here while doing these tasks is what makes Indeed stand out. I love the people I work with!
The hardest part of the job is the same as any sales job, having the mental endurance to keep positive after having a tough call with a Prospect or Client. However, if you work hard you will be compensated monetarily as well as recognized by your peers, leadership, and the company.
It is as easy as you get out of it what you put in. Indeed is not reinventing the wheel on the sales processes it practices, however we are reinventing the wheel by selling the best recruitment resource out there. We are growing quickly - conducting interviews on a very aggressive scale to keep up with our huge growth. It is an exciting time here at Indeed.
Pros
Great sales experience & training, fun culture, work hard/play hard mentality, you 100% get what you put in!!
Cons
You 100% get what you put in.
Great culture; fun and smart co-workers; room for advancement
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Indeed is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization. Additionally, Indeed invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal and professional growth. It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing organization!
Pros
Fun, casual culture; free snacks; happy hours
Cons
None that I can think of
Great company and great opportunities for growth
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2016
I loved working at Indeed as an intern! The culture is wonderful and the in-office perks are cool. From my experience on the Sales team, I can see that there are lots of opportunities for growth!
Pros
Free lunches, cool swag, great pay (even for interns), great opportunities
Indeed
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great product and a great culture. Strong leadership.
#1 Place to Work
National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
From the business model to the culture, I'm so impressed and pleased to be working here. Everything that we do is about helping people get jobs....it's real!
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2013
Indeed is on the cutting edge of where recruitment advertising is headed. The anti-job board in a lot ways, Indeed excels at providing transparency and value to customers that deserve it.

Management is tremendous and although there are some cultural growing pains (due to rapid growth), overall, I couldn't be happier.
Pros
Right product at the right time
Cons
Sales culture in development
Great Sales Opportunity for a Promising Start-Up Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 21, 2013
Fast-paced, high energy role that rewards you for your hard work. Like any sales role, the job is stressful at times, but the team camaraderie allows you to stay motivated. Everyone is encouraged to work hard, and is rewarded for that. If you're looking for a sales opportunity that pays well, allows you to challenge yourself, and welcomes you into an excellent environment, apply at Indeed!
Pros
Fun culture, start-up environment, nice bonuses
Cons
Lead Generation
Make the Best of Your Situation
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 23, 2014
I've read many of these reviews and the positive ones tend to be spot on. Truly Indeed is a great place to work.

I think there was time where things were not so great at Indeed, high turnover, limited prospects and uninterested prospects. However all the hard work of Indeed's employees has really made a difference.

People aren't leaving like they used to nor are they being fired. Indeed has been providing new hires with the tools necessary to succeed.

The best part of doing well at Indeed is the generous compensation (yes you will make more than other entry level sales jobs, and yes you will double your salary) as long as you're hitting your quotas.

Being my first job out of college I didn't know what to expect and admit there were times I questioned my decision to join the organization. I've removed many of those doubts and continue to see more and more opportunities within the company to grow and continue to get paid.

If you're looking for a position that awards and recognizes success Indeed is definitely a place you should take a look at.

No I don't drink the kool-aid, no I'm not writing a fake review. Work hard, do well and you won't have much to complain about.
Pros
Compensation, weekly catered lunches, happy hours, young energetic atmosphere, growth opportunities
Cons
Hours (9-6), many successful executives waiting for promotions which will come as long as you continue to perform
Quietly brilliant, Indeed (sorry HTC)
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2012
It's great to work at a company that firmly believes in making money by maximizing value for the customer. What's even better is that Indeed's value is helping people find work, and the customer is every job seeker in the entire world. I feel that our work helps people.

Indeed moves fast but doesn't fall prey to the latest fads. Decisions are made based on data and actual business impact, not ego or hype. If you're looking for a company that adopts technologies and strategies just because they're the new hotness, look elsewhere.

Indeed does more with less. Simplicity and focus drive the business. It shows in Indeed's growth strategy (no huge investments or splashy product launches) and product philosophy (be simple and effective while staying out of the user's way).

All my colleagues are very self-motivated. You never see any mass exodus at 5:00PM. People come to work when they want and leave when they want, and upper-management doesn't care. Everyone knows what is necessary to get things done.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
Pros
indeed makes me enjoy going to work
Cons
paychex 401k funds suck
Fun and challenging workplace with great culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2012
Management is smart, they always tried to make sure I was working on something useful, interesting, and helpful to the company. Every business and code decision is data-driven, so management decisions always make sense. Co-workers are all very smart, and company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions.
Pros
free lunches, good culture, smart people

Comment – January 6, 2014

I run the internship program at Indeed and I can tell you we love our interns! We definitely make sure they get awesome opportunities. I think we have one of the best software development internship programs in the country.

They value their employees
Senior Agency Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 5, 2015
Indeed is devoted to building a great product and a great culture. The leadership is transparent with goals and they invite feedback on regular company wide Q/A webinars.
Pros
Progressive culture, good compensation, casual dress, stocked snack closets, weekly free lunch and breakfasts
Great way to enter and learn an industry, but not a place to stay too long
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 7, 2014
Indeed is a good company. Its success and growth have been increasing dramatically - YOY numbers are pretty crazy. It is highly unlikely that you'll ever experience a start up gain such success again. It's pretty amazing to see, and honestly, pretty fun to be a part of.

That said, you have to be careful that you don't stop learning. The product is fairly one dimensional, so it's pretty easy to do so. If things stop getting challenging, you're staying there too long. For most people, this happens in about 1 and a half to 2 years. By then, you'll learn everything you can about the company. I say this as a caveat to anyone looking to apply. By all means do so, but be aware that you're not making a huge, long term career leap.

Indeed is a great company and worth applying to. It has a lot to offer to people with not much experience, but it's important to know that it won't take long for you to want to take the experience and move elsewhere.
Pros
Pretty good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great, very generous quarterly bonuses
Cons
CRM (homegrown) is rather buggy and has some flaws - as the company gains so many users, this continue to be a bigger issue. New positions/structural changes seem a little arbitrary.
Lively, fast paced, and productive
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2014
In my first week working for Indeed, I felt completely comfortable in the office because everyone is so friendly! The first two weeks here is training, and they throw so much information at you so fast that you learn a lot very quickly and by the end you are extremely well prepared to start making sales!
Pros
great culture, hard working and fast paced atmosphere, awesome management
Cons
not for the lazy or the weak!
Not the best place to start or have a career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 19, 2013

Beware! If you are conned into taking an offer from Indeed you will find yourself being placed into a magical time machine that will take you directly back to high school. Drama drama drama...blah blah blah. There also is no HR representative in this office leading to an anything goes/say anything type of work place-Management included.

Next is the lead generation....there is none. Good luck finding anything that isn't taken by other sales reps. Selling the product is like fishing with dynamite. Great product but there is no freakin fish left! You can not build a strong enough pipeline to hit your growing quotas. I'm serious...entire teams are not hitting there quota this quarter. If you do take an offer, be sure to negotiate a base pay that is able to provide for your family/lifestyle, because most likely you'll be paid that and maybe a little little more.

Overall...look elsewhere. Say no to the offer and go to a company that has better lead generation. I would of recommended it awhile ago when I first started but sadly I would not recommend working at Indeed.

The only thing good about this place is free Booz on Fridays and tons of free junk food.
Pros
Lunches, beer and more beer
Cons
Not the best place to build a career
Top companies to work for year after year
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin,TxJune 24, 2015
Culture is the most important thing at Indeed. Great environment to work. Food and drinks are provided on a daily basis. All types of extra curricular events and benefits that make Indeed the number 1 company in Austin.
Pros
Free meals, Happy hour, snacks, Gym, no dress code

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4