Indeed

Indeed Employee Reviews

Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees
Senior Account Executive, National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2013
I feel very fortunate to be part of a company that is so quickly becoming the leader in online recruitment. In 3+ years I have experienced the expansion of employees/teams, offices, management and incentive programs. Not to mention competitive benefit programs, an ongoing training curriculum and career path assistance.

Additionally, the tools and reporting capabilities from our product team are second to none. The sales team is given excellent support from IT, Client Services, etc. I am continually impressed with the thought and care that goes into the materials that are rolled out both internally and to our clients.

With the recent addition of top-notch marketing leadership, I look forward to Indeed becoming a household name in the very near future. We've already come a long way very quickly!

With our worldwide growth, I do not know all my fellow employees as well as I did during Indeed's infancy. However, there are many who have been here for a long time and are very proud of the Indeed product and the strong relationships they have established with their co-workers. I know I am not alone in my excitement for what's to come at Indeed...

Cleveland rocks!!!

Comment – July 18, 2013

Cleveland does rock.

Great Sales Opportunity for a Promising Start-Up Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 21, 2013
Fast-paced, high energy role that rewards you for your hard work. Like any sales role, the job is stressful at times, but the team camaraderie allows you to stay motivated. Everyone is encouraged to work hard, and is rewarded for that. If you're looking for a sales opportunity that pays well, allows you to challenge yourself, and welcomes you into an excellent environment, apply at Indeed!
Pros
fun culture, start-up environment, nice bonuses
Cons
lead generation
A satisfying mission, great business results
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 20, 2013
The company is totally focused on our mission: to help people get jobs. The mission provides a great deal of clarity to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction. Because Indeed works so well for employers and job seekers, it's a high growth company with lots of opportunity. The metrics-driven culture is coupled with a real appreciation for the people using the service. It's a fun work environment -- open and collaborative with lots of bright, intellectually curious people.
Not the best place to start or have a career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 19, 2013
Beware! If you are conned into taking an offer from Indeed you will find yourself being placed into a magical time machine that will take you directly back to high school. Drama drama drama...blah blah blah. There also is no HR representative in this office leading to an anything goes/say anything type of work place-Management included.

Next is the lead generation....there is none. Good luck finding anything that isn't taken by other sales reps. Selling the product is like fishing with dynamite. Great product but there is no freakin fish left! You can not build a strong enough pipeline to hit your growing quotas. I'm serious...entire teams are not hitting there quota this quarter. If you do take an offer, be sure to negotiate a base pay that is able to provide for your family/lifestyle, because most likely you'll be paid that and maybe a little little more.

Overall...look elsewhere. Say no to the offer and go to a company that has better lead generation. I would of recommended it awhile ago when I first started but sadly I would not recommend working at Indeed.

The only thing good about this place is free Booz on Fridays and tons of free junk food.
Pros
lunches, beer and more beer
Cons
not the best place to build a career
Productive and Fun Workplace
Client Support Specialist - Ad Agencies (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 5, 2013
A great place to come into work everyday. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.
No job security and over saturated market...do not apply
Account executive (Former Employee) –  Mountain viewMay 12, 2013
Lets see how long this stays up before they take it off

No job security

-I have been at this company for a few months now and have seen someone leave or get fired every week
- Horrible management leads to a atmosphere where it is not possible to be guided to hit sales quotas
- If you are not buddy buddy with upper management then you will never be promoted...even if your sales are better then your competition

Oversaturated market

- You will go through 1000 companies to find 1 that is not taken already by another sales rep. On average it takes veteran sales reps to find 1 company per hour. This leads to a low count of prospects=low income

- All day you have to watch your book of prospects due to other sales reps being allowed to take them if you
- do not attempt contact within 48 hours
-do not get a hold of anyone in 90 days
-do not close the deal in 6 months
- or management will decide it can be closed by someone else and assign the prospect to them without checking with you
This is all called Biz ruling .When you Biz rule someone else their feelings get hurt and they complain to management and you are asked to stop.

More then 3/4 of the sales reps do not make their quotas...truth.

Side note: management expects you to make 60 calls a day. This is counter productive due to the fact that 99% of sales reps spend a good hour out of their day making calls that lead to no where....on purpose
Pros
free food, beer and happy hours
Cons
look below

Comment – May 16, 2013

That sounds like sales to me. At any company...

Great product, company with potential, terrible leadership in sales organization
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2013
The only thing that management cares about is the number of calls that you make everyday. They could care less if you are closing a lot of business or being creative to get to decision makers. Management's lack of leadership ability creates a terrible work environment for the sales reps and the turnover is horrendous. In the beginning of every quarter, you can expect at least 5-10 people to quit. Morale is extremely low for the sales reps, but the other other departments seem to be happy.

They promise you big things when you are interviewing, but the fact of the matter is that once you come on board as a sales rep with Indeed, you will be looking for a new job with the 6 months - 1 year. You will either be a disgruntled employee or they will force you out because of their aggressive quotas and micromanagement.

Overall sales projections seem to be totally false. Indeed was bought by a Japanese company based on these projections, and I am sure they are regretting how much they paid. It seems that this is why things have changed so much and they force a lot of people out. It cannot always be the sales reps fault. Eventually, you need to put the blame on the people who are "leading (managing??)" the sales efforts.

The people that were promoted to director internally are the people that have a bright future there. They are hard working and deserve to be where they are. Hiring Directors/Sr. Directors from outside organizations has proven to be a disaster (with a few exceptions). The great sales reps they have will soon leave the company due to a lack of direction. There is only
  more... so long that a sales rep can meet the requirements before they are fired.

Keep it up, Indeed.
Pros
you will work with great people that are hard working but disgruntled and become unmotivated, stocked fridge with a lot of food/beer, constant "happy hours" to mask the low morale
Cons
management, directors are there to micromanage and basically be "stat-checkers" (for lack of better terms), management brings no creative value to the company, sales reps do all of the work while getting belittled, one sr. director in particular has no idea what he is doing and should be fired
Fun, Rapidly Growing Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Got nothing bad to say about Indeed. Wish everyone the best and enjoyed my time there. Work hard play hard mentality and a rapidly growing company that deserves all the accolades.
Pros
stocked kitchen, fun environment, happy hours, solid training exercises
Cons
consistent high turnover
Energetic and a very positive work environment
Client Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 21, 2013
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere. Interning at Indeed gives me a taste of what I am in for when I graduate school. The "work hard, play hard" mantra makes going into work very enjoyable. The hard work and dedication that is given is really shown through the company's weekly meetings. It's crazy how much this company is growing and I am so excited to be apart of it!
Fast-paced, fun and fulfilling
- Awesome atmosphere
- Nice office
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 31, 2012
You get out of this job as much as you put into it. The Account Executive role allows for a strong willed and driven entrepreneur to make a huge impact on his or her own book of business. Indeed management sticks to what they say and sets fair and challenging expectations for you. Indeed owns up to its creed of putting the job seeker first. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment working for a company that stands firm to their core values.
Super fun working environment
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Mountain ViewNovember 21, 2012
A typical day is 8 hours long, but on Fridays, they are cut a little short for this weekly event called, "Beer and Share," when everyone in the office has a beer and shares their week.

During the day people are constantly making calls, hosting demos to their clients, and prospecting. Sometimes, you can see people in the kitchen having prospecting parties.

Many of the employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive space and very laid back.

For the most part, the moral is up, until the end of each quarter when pretty much everyone freaks out because they haven't met their quota yet. Once that starts happening, the stress and competition build. I personally think that this happening forces sales executives to work even harder to meet their goals.

The best part of being with Indeed is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed.
Pros
free food and drinks to keep us awake, weekly beer and shares
Cons
difficult to advance in the company
Fun and challenging workplace with great culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2012
Management is smart, they always tried to make sure I was working on something useful, interesting, and helpful to the company. Every business and code decision is data-driven, so management decisions always make sense. Co-workers are all very smart, and company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions.
Pros
free lunches, good culture, smart people

Comment – January 6, 2014

I run the internship program at Indeed and I can tell you we love our interns! We definitely make sure they get awesome opportunities. I think we have one of the best software development internship programs in the country.

Fun, energetic atmosphere!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2012
Work hard/play hard actually applies here. There's great earning potential in a market where the opportunity is endless. Most companies are receptive to the sales calls if done properly. More people have heard about Indeed every month as compared to the last. This is a great place where if you can make it through the grind through your first initial year, you'll be in a fantastic place!
Pros
free food, etc. beautiful location in mountain view
Cons
60 calls or bust isn't always fun, but the end result can be.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 18, 2012
Indeed has a young, energetic company culture. Great place to work!
Pros
the majority of my co-workers are extremely passionate about indeed's products, management is helpful, and encourages you to learn and grow.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2012
I found meaningful work here and Indeed is a great place to learn as an intern. The PMs are intelligent and sociable. Tons of fun while getting code into production.
Pros
free lunches
Good Atmosphere To Work In
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 29, 2012
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Indeed. Everyone is very friendly with their coworkers and there is a great sense of camaraderie between everyone. All of the sales people, while they are competing against each other for clients, really want their friends and coworkers to do well too, which leads to a lot of helping hands between the workers.

As an intern, my job was to help generate sales leads by finding companies with jobs listed on their website that were not already being worked by a sales person at Indeed. As I got further into my internship, I began prospecting for my own clients and calling them to pitch Indeed and our product to different companies, drawing in more business to Indeed. The hardest part, which to me was also the most enjoyable, was the cold-calling clients and speaking with the company representatives. All in all, a very fun place to work.
Fast moving, fast growing and succeeding beautifully
Director (Current Employee) –  StamfordMay 17, 2012
There isn't a dull moment at Indeed. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the online recruitment industry. It's also wonderful to know that we value the job seeker and put them first in all that we do.

The level of talent at Indeed is exceptional and everyone here is great to work for. There's always something you can learn from your colleagues
Pros
energetic company, extremely talented individuals
Cons
lack of communication
Serious about software development
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 6, 2012
Indeed is a great place to learn about software development. Smart folks with high commitment to doing it right.
Pros
smart people, commitment to the product
Cons
things tend to be tightly controlled from top down
Indeed.com summary
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 28, 2012
Working at Indeed has been a pleasure and has been a great place to start a real sales career.
Pros
great management, exceedable quotas

4.4