Indemand Interpreting

Indemand Interpreting Employee Reviews

Great culture of support and enrichment socially, professionally,culturally.
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2017
The most significant part of the work's day is to provide key services related to healthcare, by performing the best job achievable for the individuals seeking our professional skills.

There is the ever uplifting feeling of making a difference in people lives.

There the consistent support of coworkers and management in a culture that fosters professional and individual development.

The hardest part of the job is the struggle to maintain a professional attitude in emotional an situation in order do achieve our goal of establishing communication between people far removed from each other in language, culture, nationality and social status.

The most pleasurable part of the job is to have accomplished our mission with every encounter, to go beyond our previous level of skills with each video's new experience and the related learning quantum leap.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
We must develop coping behaviors for dealing with the stress involved in being on call constantly.
Fun workplace
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2016
Great working atmosphere, most of the interpreters get along. Awsome flexible schedule! Depending on your language you might be busy or not, but by the end of an 8 or 10 hr shift you are pretty tired of the headset and from sitting.
Pros
flexible schedule, great team members, no one is really checking up on you.
Cons
LOW PAY $14 per hr. No financial help for certifications and trainings, low advancement opportunities, you practically have to beg for a .30c raise.
Great Start Environment
Operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 29, 2016
If you like making something out of nothing, then InDemand was the place to be. As the founder I was working 15+ a day growing a company from my living to 150+ employees in 6 years.

Over the years I learned how raise capital, effectively manage a show string budget, rapidly change gears with market conditions, and so much more.
Pros
No boundaries
Cons
No free lunches
Great work environment/management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed working with InDemand Interpreting working as remote employee. I definitely learned a lot about myself, time management skills and self-discipline since I worked alone. I firmly believe that I had the best supervisor in order to learn the ropes of the position, become a more effective and resourceful recruiter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
time zone difference
A fast paced job that allowed me to develop my medical translating.
HEALTHCARE INTERPRETER FOR SPANISH/ENGLISH (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2015
Often days at work, I would arrive to my desk and start up my computer. I would then log in to various programs designed by the company owner himself and check for any memos/messages. I would start interpreting as soon as I would get online and I enjoyed helping Spanish speaking only patients understand their procedures or consent forms to sign. I would also have to answer the phone and do telephonic interpretations and/or schedule on-site interpretations for other interpreters.Faxes were sent regularly for some hospitals because we would translate certain consent forms into Spanish. I learned a great deal about various subjects. I learned about new born care, diabetes education, asthma education, physical therapy after work related injuries, and many new Spanish medical terms that I was not familiar with. My co-workers were from all over the world and I got to interact with so many different cultured people on a daily basis. My job in Seattle was so nice and I will never forget it.
Pros
awesome work environment, great coworkers, Seattle :)
Cons
Lunch waivers, no lunch breaks.
Great company, great growth, keeps getting better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 16, 2013
I've only been with the company for a couple of months, but when I saw the old posting, it was obvious that the review was OLD. The Interpreters are primarily employees with benefits, and the Seattle office is next door to Le Cordon Bleau not in a strip mall any more. I've come in under a new CEO who gets it, but the old founders are still here and really care about the team and the company.
Pros
Care about patients we help, fastest growing medical interpreting company, company certification training
Cons
Everyone works really hard, hours can be tough
Fast Paced
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is fast paced ups and downs. It is a fun place to work at but can be overstretching the employees.
Cons
Constantly understaffed
No benefits for interpreters, CEO with poor people skills
Interpreter (Former Employee)October 31, 2011
Interpreters are subcontractors, so they don't get any employee benefits. Schedules are very inflexible. The CEO has a "take it our way or leave it" attitude. If you complain too much you can be canned. Poor hourly rate for the type of work you have to do.
Cons
12 hour shifts on the weekends, 1099, bad boss, sometimes stressful job, office smells like pot dispensary next door

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indemand Interpreting. Our community is ready to answer.

Indemand Interpreting Reviews by Location