Indemand Interpreting

Indemand Interpreting Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Scam, jungle nefarious drags, next after Ca, Paris, Nederlands nest of terrorism
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  W coast and IlMarch 27, 2016
It is real internet hawok, full and never checked voice messages, in comprehensive instant migraine causing illiterate Chinese "profi" able to tell the phone # in three calls of... the chase bank.. Unexsiting morals, endless own tests to use the free candidates to do their payable jobs, Zero ethics and no morals in human range. Real nefarious drags with their pimples, " family bus." They take 1000% !!! of your work pay. Great site design. Stay away from this kind of manipulations!
Pros
NONE, scam and lying
Cons
All.
A fast paced job that allowed me to develop my medical translating.
HEALTHCARE INTERPRETER FOR SPANISH/ENGLISH (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2015
Often days at work, I would arrive to my desk and start up my computer. I would then log in to various programs designed by the company owner himself and check for any memos/messages. I would start interpreting as soon as I would get online and I enjoyed helping Spanish speaking only patients understand their procedures or consent forms to sign. I would also have to answer the phone and do telephonic interpretations and/or schedule on-site interpretations for other interpreters.Faxes were sent regularly for some hospitals because we would translate certain consent forms into Spanish. I learned a great deal about various subjects. I learned about new born care, diabetes education, asthma education, physical therapy after work related injuries, and many new Spanish medical terms that I was not familiar with. My co-workers were from all over the world and I got to interact with so many different cultured people on a daily basis. My job in Seattle was so nice and I will never forget it.
Pros
awesome work environment, great coworkers, seattle :)
Cons
lunch waivers, no lunch breaks.
Great company, great growth, keeps getting better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 16, 2013
I've only been with the company for a couple of months, but when I saw the old posting, it was obvious that the review was OLD. The Interpreters are primarily employees with benefits, and the Seattle office is next door to Le Cordon Bleau not in a strip mall any more. I've come in under a new CEO who gets it, but the old founders are still here and really care about the team and the company.
Pros
care about patients we help, fastest growing medical interpreting company, company certification training
Cons
everyone works really hard, hours can be tough
No benefits for interpreters, CEO with poor people skills
Interpreter (Former Employee)October 31, 2011
Interpreters are subcontractors, so they don't get any employee benefits. Schedules are very inflexible. The CEO has a "take it our way or leave it" attitude. If you complain too much you can be canned. Poor hourly rate for the type of work you have to do.
Cons
12 hour shifts on the weekends, 1099, bad boss, sometimes stressful job, office smells like pot dispensary next door
Fast Paced
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is fast paced ups and downs. It is a fun place to work at but can be overstretching the employees.
Cons
constantly understaffed