independant Employee Reviews

Goal driven,seeking a career for retirement
laborer/job site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Webster, MADecember 31, 2015
I am healthy clean d&d free,who is ready to settle and find a job i can call home....
working w/ heavy tools machinery.....restoration of damaged and or weather erosion....
Over seeing safety habbits and quality controll....
Promotions Specialist
Promotions Specialist (Current Employee) –  NationwideNovember 19, 2015
Working as a promotions specialist has many benefits.. great pay, flexible schedule and not being in an office enviroment everyday. I get to meet great people and I get paid to be a part of great events such as festivals, concerts, tradeshows and sporting events. But there are many negatives as well such as inconsistant schedule, no benefits or job security and also waiting up to 30 days to get paid from that event. Also because we do not get taxes taken out from our paychecks, you are required to still pay those taxes but at a higher percentage then if it was taken out beforehand.
Pros
flexible schedule, great pay
Cons
no job security, waiting on payment and inconsitant schedule
productive, wont stop until the job is done, will joke around when acceptable/necessary.
laboror (Current Employee) –  Jaffrey NHJune 30, 2015
well the thing about it is that its not an everyday thing, sometimes ill go a good week without anything to do. i work with my brother sometimes,
Pros
i get to choose what i do
Cons
i dont always have a chiose.
Great
Landman (Current Employee) –  PennylvaniaJune 25, 2015
Great to able to work hard and push till to get work done, and then be done for the day. Looking for more structure so I can climb an upward mobility ladder.
Passionate, Fun
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2015
Assist multiple clients in developing fitness and nutrition programs and losing weight.
• Enforce safety regulations governing sports, recreational activities and the fundamentals of sports.
• Demonstrate techniques and methods of participants and observe participants and inform necessary corrective measures to improve their skills.
• Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
• Monitor participant’s progress and adapt programs as needed.
• Provide weight-lifting, treadmill and other fitness apparatus instruction.
• Assess clients’ fitness on a monthly basis.
• Designed and implement personalized exercise and diet programs targeting specific conditions and concerns including obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Pros
Set my own schedule, set my own pay, decide who I wanna work with
Cons
Not Consistent
Good
NURSE CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  INDIANAMarch 16, 2015
Would recommend. Able to choose your own hours, dates and places. Able to choose your own speciallty department. For the most part, most people are glad to have the extra help.
very laid back work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 8, 2015
Our boss was a owner of his own company so we would meat him at his office in the morning and receive a list of things he wanted done. this list consisted of thing such as dusting all glass and wood, vacuum, sweep, mop, etc. we made sure that everything was done in detail and returned to his office where we received payment.
Pros
not a rushed environment, great imediate pay, not being constanty watched over.
Cons
none.
Productive and never a dull moment
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Leavittsburg, OHJanuary 9, 2015
The day started getting the consumer dressed and into his wheelchair. I learned patience, caring, and determination. The hardest part of the job was watching him hurt when there wasn't anyone to come around and hang out. The enjoyable part was watching him smile and laugh whenever he would finish a song that he was writing, The determination that he had was unstoppable.
Pros
watching him smile. just glow .
Cons
there was none
Working as an independant videographer/photographer is amazing!
Photographer/Videographer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 21, 2014
If you love top produce videos or shoot photo sessions, let people know about you! It is so much fun working with different people for different jobs... different places, different levels of gained knowledge.. it is an awesome thing to get into!
Pros
planing jobs, making your own goals, setting your schedule
Cons
jobs aren't promised, you might now get some for a while... so its not firm that you can make money consistently
Work Was`What I Made It..
Premises Tech/ General Consultant Troubleshooter (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 21, 2014
I Love Working in the technological field, but sometimes the payoff isn't swell, and in fact, I've found that Working For Myself takes A lot More than the Resources I had Provided Myself with. And that it Takes Money to Make Money. However I Love Technology, And Will Move forward right alongside it!
Pros
worked for myself, helped people everyday, became a positive influence in my community.
Cons
didnt often have the tools, or monetary expenses to maintain my business related materials and resources...
Their home so they can be their selfs
Elderly Care Giver / Non Medical (Former Employee) –  Maydelle, TX, Palestine TX, Jacksonville TXSeptember 3, 2014
I was mostly independent. I am not certified. Was not required in Texas for the type of work witch was non medical.
This is me
Freelance Production and Design (Current Employee) –  VarioiusJuly 21, 2014
Independent is not an actual company. It is me finding freelance production and design work.
Sales
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 8, 2014
Sold custom insurance policies. Evaluated current polices for possible vulnerabilities and came up with solutions.
Pros
not fun
Cons
many
Counter Sales in Auto Parts
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
This was a good place to start. This gave me exposure to what customer service means and how important selling is. I was fortunate to have a boss that was also a great teacher.
really good
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Florence, MSMay 13, 2014
It was really good. Needs a lot of work to really bring people to work for them and so they can get work.
Pros
good.
My personal product
Mobile App Development (Former Employee) –  MassachussettsApril 13, 2014
Working on my own app to sell on the market was an exciting prospect. I learned how to read documentation effectively and about responding to criticism on my product. The hardest part of this job was the complexity of the algorithm I implemented. The most enjoyable part of this job was the feeling of independence.
Pros
independance
Cons
pay
hairport
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 12, 2014
great deals on products! owner always stares at everyone and its weird
o work for a challenging company that offers professional development and growth potential, while furthering my academic training and experience, to b
Freelance Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2014
I am a very quick learner with management expierence. I have a wide array of work history including retail, sales, food and technology.
Confidential Service
Contract Architectural Woodwork Estimator (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXJanuary 29, 2014
The numerous projects across the country and their make up and challenge of preparing a legible roadmap for my clients is most rewarding.
Pros
no payroll taxes or health insurance requirements
Cons
consistency of job flow - a lot of peaks and valleys
Rewarding
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 17, 2014
Very rewarding position being able to help those who can't do things for themselves any more.

4.2