independant

independant Employer Reviews

Work Was`What I Made It..
Premises Tech/ General Consultant Troubleshooter (Current Employee), Compton, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: worked for myself, helped people everyday, became a positive influence in my community.
Cons: didnt often have the tools, or monetary expenses to maintain my business related materials and resources...
I Love Working in the technological field, but sometimes the payoff isn't swell, and in fact, I've found that Working For Myself takes A lot More than the Resources I had Provided Myself with. And that it Takes Money to Make Money. However I Love Technology, And Will Move forward right alongside it!
Their home so they can be their selfs
Elderly Care Giver / Non Medical (Former Employee), Maydelle, TX, Palestine TX, Jacksonville TXSeptember 3, 2014
I was mostly independent. I am not certified. Was not required in Texas for the type of work witch was non medical.
This is me
Freelance Production and Design (Current Employee), VarioiusJuly 21, 2014
Independent is not an actual company. It is me finding freelance production and design work.
Sales
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: not fun
Cons: many
Sold custom insurance policies. Evaluated current polices for possible vulnerabilities and came up with solutions.
Counter Sales in Auto Parts
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
This was a good place to start. This gave me exposure to what customer service means and how important selling is. I was fortunate to have a boss that was also a great teacher.
really good
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee), Florence, MSMay 13, 2014
Pros: good.
It was really good. Needs a lot of work to really bring people to work for them and so they can get work.
My personal product
Mobile App Development (Former Employee), MassachussettsApril 13, 2014
Pros: independance
Cons: pay
Working on my own app to sell on the market was an exciting prospect. I learned how to read documentation effectively and about responding to criticism on my product. The hardest part of this job was the complexity of the algorithm I implemented. The most enjoyable part of this job was the feeling of independence.
hairport
Caregiver (Former Employee), Bend, ORApril 12, 2014
great deals on products! owner always stares at everyone and its weird
o work for a challenging company that offers professional development and growth potential, while furthering my academic training and experience, to b
Freelance Computer Technician (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2014
I am a very quick learner with management expierence. I have a wide array of work history including retail, sales, food and technology.
Confidential Service
Contract Architectural Woodwork Estimator (Former Employee), Cuero, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: no payroll taxes or health insurance requirements
Cons: consistency of job flow - a lot of peaks and valleys
The numerous projects across the country and their make up and challenge of preparing a legible roadmap for my clients is most rewarding.
Rewarding
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 17, 2014
Very rewarding position being able to help those who can't do things for themselves any more.
companion
Companion (Former Employee), Ivoryton, CTDecember 26, 2013
Helped client with general housekeeping; laundry, dishes, cooking etc.
Provided companionship by reading, playing cards, and listening to music.
Ensured client took their medication on schedule, by reminding them.
Challenging but fun
Laborer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2013
Pros: you learn things that can't be shipped overseas and you can help people who are in need
Cons: work is not always steady, sometimes it's a hassle getting paid what you want, and being taken advantage of
As a laborer I have learned how to work well with people from every culture and background. On a typical job I would ask to do most of the work if I have seen it done at least a few times. However, if I was on a job and I haven't seen it done, then, I would watch and make sure that the other guy had what he needed to do the job. I often ask many questions – more... until I get the hang of it. The best part of being a laborer is when I do most of the technical work myself. – less
Great experience
Personal Care Giver (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHDecember 10, 2013
Pros: enjoyed helping others, very friendly family.
Cons: could be dirty work.
I enjoyed caring for the patient. It was a very friendly atmosphere and I felt good about helping someone else.
Productive with everyday challanges.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZ.November 22, 2013
Enjoy working with people aswell as the Retail Process& Operations.
Interesting and Every Day Changing
Independent Recruiter (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great bonuses.
Cons: not much family time.
Extremely hectic but in a good way, speaking to many potential clients. I had no co-workers while doing this job. The hardest part was making my placements and splits. The most enjoyable would be the people I was able to meet along the way.
Creative Editor
Other Video Work (Former Employee), Hazlet NJJuly 22, 2013
Working as a freelance editor is a great experience because you not only get better at editing by taking jobs but you learn how to manage your time effectively and learn business skills by finding your own jobs.
I work for myself. It's great
House Cleaner/Nanny (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough work
I like to make my own hours but I am dedicated to showing up on time and delivering excellent results.
Easy Helpful and Fun job
Driver (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMay 28, 2013
Pros: high pay and compensation
Cons: high responsibility of someone.
It only took me 5 minutes to drive my friend from house to store when I was scheduled. I learned that dependability is very important in keeping employers happy. The elderly gentleman whom I drove preferred me over his neighbors and the other friends that his children recommended when they were away on trips. This wasn't a very demanding job, I got – more... to do a little browsing while at wal-mart. I like to drive. – less
Good starting job
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 27, 2013
This was a good starting job I had taken when I w as younger. It taught me a lot of marketing skills as well as management and time schools. It did not fit well with my schedule though so I had to find something better.

1 2 3

About independant

The NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization promoting the importance of small business and free enterprise – Read more