Independence Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and professional place to work
Teller/back up CSR (Former Employee) –  Providence, KY 42450May 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Independence. I would go back given the opportunity. The only downfall was that I emailed 6 different people to learn how I could advance in the company and no one responded. They generally hire outside before they advance their current employees.
Great learning experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Williston Park, NYMarch 7, 2017
Working for Independence was a great experience. It taught me professionalism and respect for the client. It was a great starter job that taught me responsibility and to maintain professionalism in the workplace.
great place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work great benefits great working environment loved working here! voted one of the best places to work! Upper management is very supportive
Pros
everythong
Cons
nothing
Good Company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
I worked for Independence Bank (currently Santander) for almost 2 years as a Teller, and, during that time, I was always treated with respect.
energetic and fun work environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIOctober 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me was to reach out to small business who are paying outstanding interest rates and direct them to our program.
I learned how to interact with people clearly, I learned how to check someone's credit, I learned how to apply someone for a loan. Management was laid back and very outgoing. They always made sure we were well taken care of in the office and never left anyone out. My co-workers were all such great people with huge hearts and lots of knowledge. The hardest part of my job was rejection. The most enjoyable part of my job was walking into the office everyday seeing happy faces and motivated workers.
There is always a monthly meeting to know what is new.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 12, 2016
Meeting customers and helping them with their banking needs. I also had a short commute to work. Working at that bank the fellow employees always made you feel like part of the family.
Pros
Knowing all the employees
Cons
We had to relocate due to my husbands job.
Very enjoyable place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 11, 2016
Open and close the branch. Answer the phone and greet customers. It is a very family oriented bank. Everyone is treated with the utmost respect. Family comes first.
great company
Vault Teller/Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 29, 2015
I love working for this community driven company. They really care for their employers and take the time to get to know them. I love all the fun meetings and holiday parties, I love the community service I am involved in with my co workers.
Pros
lunch on the bank, holiday parties, community service
Cons
lacks promoting with in and compensation
Good experience for youth
Deposit Operator (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 13, 2015
Was a great way to get my foot in the door in the workplace and not feel burdened and actually needed.

This place helped me grow into a strong person.
Great times to remember
Assistant VP /Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 10, 2015
I remember on 2006 my first day at work we (My manger and I) suppose to open a new branch in a few days, I was very nervous and I glanced around and saw my expression was mirrored in my Manager faces, the bank management welcomed us warmly and ordered us a pizza. They explained what they expected from us and walked us through the steps. I remember leaving with a happy feeling that I landed a great job. The first week was very challenging, however we really tried hard until we knew what we were doing like the back of our hands. After a couple of weeks we hired the first staff member and we were ready to start on a first project. We divided the assignment among each others, and after that we never looked back.
The management was very supportive throughout the process, and all in all, my time with the bank has taught me many beneficial things, to always have an open mind and be willing to work in any type of work environment, and to be willing to adapt to fit in new work place, always be respectful and kind to my manager but my coworkers as well.

I can truly say that Independence was a great company to work for, fun environment I truly loved and enjoyed our customers and coworkers. We as a team learned a lot from each others, and the management was very understanding, progressive, and tried to do the right thing as far as helping the customers to reach their goals. I was fortunate enough to hire my own team, and throughout the years we became like a family.
A good place to work.
LOAN OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 7, 2014
I worked for Old National Bank for over 30 years. I only left their employment because I remarried and moved to another city. Because it was a 45 minute drive each way, everyday, I decided to seek employment in the same city I lived.
Productive and fun to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2013
The work was demanding as we had to deal with several foreign currency. Extra caution was always required because one little mistake can lead into thousand of dollars loss.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasSeptember 17, 2013
Not everyone was on the same page. Management was not helpful.
Pros
Nice bonus
Solid Company
AVP, Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 18, 2013
The culture is very down to earth. Co-workers are easy to work with. I didn't see that much micro management, which is a good thing.
Pros
100% paid benefits, the company supports your contribution of ideas for growth
Cons
Company is still developing its vision.
Back Office Job very flexible hours
Data Entry Clerk And Balancing Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 27, 2013
Liked working with alot of people night hours learned Data Entry and adjusting customers account managers and coworkers helped each other to get the jobs done
the new manager was a micro manager and we all ended up quiting
Teller (Former Employee) –  Glasgow,MTMarch 29, 2012
If it would not have been for the change of the management I am sure that the staff some of which had worked there for over 5 years would of stayed. But he came in changed everything and made it a not so fun place to work and so we all ended up quiting.
Pros
n/a
Cons
new management, not understanding how it is to be a managager