Independence Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Full life corporate America job.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2017
I learned how to deal with difficult people. Management was ok. The culture is remarkable. The health benefits are expensive. The job was easy. I enjoyed the customers.
Pros
customers
benefits
Good work, great location (1901 Market), fair management
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2017
Independence does not offer the most competitive salary, but working here has many other perks: nice retirement benefits, fully-equipped gym with shower facilities, a good work/life balance. Not every manager is competent, not every role enjoys the moderate-to-low stress levels, but the great major of positions within the actuarial department are good jobs with understanding and genuine managers.
Pros
full gym, ample opportunities to volunteer, work-life balance, good people
Cons
low salary
Good family company
Marketing Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2017
Independence Blue Cross is a good family company. Depending on your department and time of year you have a good work life balance. This is true as well for job responsibilities.
Oppressive Unrealistic Call Center
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2017
Without question one of the most negative places I have ever worked. You are bound to strict QA that limits average call to 5 minutes...yes, 5 minutes to discuss complex health concerns and are penalized if you exceed that average.
Members of upper management are not interested in building morale or team spirit...in fact they walk past you and actually look the other way to avoid speaking or making eye contact.
The pay is below average, especially when you take into account the sensitive nature of the subject matter, your required knowledge of said subject matter and the fragile emotional state of a large majority of the customer base.
Pros
gainful employment
Cons
management, low pay, high insurance co-pays
Customer Service Call Center
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103July 2, 2017
I answered incoming calls

Assisted the customer with questions on benefits and claims

I also assisted those that needed help with navigating the website
Pros
Pay was well
Cons
I was sick and couldn't stay at work
Productive work place with a lot benefits
Correspondence Representative, Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2017
Very good place to work. The personal relationship you have with your co-worker is like having family at work. Your peers are will to help each other to make the member receive quailty care.
Productive and Fun place to work with
Sr. SQL Server / BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2017
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) is a health insurer. IBC offers variety of health plans, including managed care, traditional indemnity insurance, Medicare and Medicaid. IBC’s network of health care providers includes nearly 160 area hospitals and other health care professionals.
Everyone was very nice and professional
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
2 month contract stretched to 4 months. Everyone was very nice, professional, and helpful. Interesting work environment. Pay was above average. Can't speak to long term advantages or benefits as it was short-term.
Company has change over the years
Compliance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
I used to love coming in to the job each day. Things changed a lot of the years though. Opportunities to advance are slim even with experience. You work hard long hours with no recognition.
Pros
The coworkers are nice
Cons
atmosphere is poor and no advancement.
growth within company
Lead Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2017
excellent company that believes in work life balance... benefits are good but expensive even though this a health insurance company... lots of pto and flexibility
Great work environment
TEAM SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2017
Loved working at IBC. The work environment was very pleasant. Coworkers were wonderful and very helpful. My manager was always accessible to her employees. Great please to work.
Pros
City life. Seeing the sights of tje city
Cons
Trains were a hassel since I commuted to work
An honest days work for an honest days pay.
RN Care Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2017
Salary is commensurate with expectations. Typically it is a fast paced job. More recently re-organization is in process, which leaves employees feeling uncertain about the future.
Pros
Fitness Center
Cons
Freedom to work independently.
Afforded Many Opportunities
MANAGER, LEARNING PERFORMANCE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2017
I have had the pleasure and opportunity to grow and develop at IHG. the most enjoyable part of my job is growing and developing the associates that report to me and seeing them move on to other opportunities.
Fine place to work
Product Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
Fine place to work. In downtown Phili, assessable by trains. Slow paced environment though. Good for someone who is just stating their career and willing to learn
ghtghtyjuyhj
Program Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
Jupiter is the name given to Non-Functional/ Performance testing environment for EMP.
The environment caters to carry out non-functional testing for LLU and WLR products. EMP’s primary purpose was to deliver on the promises made to industry that all of BTs systems would offer equal access to any Communication Provider (CPs) thus ensuring there is not any competitive advantage between CPs when ordering, requesting or processing orders and information.
Components in Jupiter are Communication Providers (CP), B2B, Portal, Sentry, HUB, LLU Siebel, WLR Siebel, LLU Flow and WLR Flow are involved in E2E / component wise Performance Testing.
Billing Analyst
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
This is a great company to work for but management is horrible. I loved my job, my schedule was flexible, I was able to work from home to do overtime.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great benefits, work from home
Cons
Poor management
Great place, great culture.
Learning and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
The management is very helpful in planning your success, the culture is surrounded by employee focused wellness programs and helping each other. Typical day at work is pretty stress free.
Enjoyabl job
Member Services Representative/Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
I enjoyed going out my way to help members. Also enjoyed helping my team.. The hardest was trying satisfying the member.. My supervisor would try to help you the best way they can.
Great Place to work!
Broker Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
Independence Blue Cross really cares about the community and its employees. It is a great place is constantly promoting work/life balance. Two thumbs up!
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
Very good company to get involved with. I was in a call center that was very very busy, and had tons of people. You learn alot but it is very very high stress environment.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Micro-managers