Independence Blue Cross

Independence Blue Cross Employee Reviews in United States

productive work place
Senior Account Administer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2016
 Solved the technical or any other problems from the Liquidhub clients with their IBC account
 Attend IBC & Liquidhub front office meeting and take minutes to each attendees. Report all the projects processing and discuss agenda to Service Delivery Director weekly
 Planned a successful holiday lunch event for IBC & LiquidHub with others companies
Fun work place, treat you like family.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day working at Independence Blue Cross is fun. And very busy, you will always have a different task to complete. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Working for Independence Blue Cross will assist you with your customer service skills
Senior Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2016
What I enjoyed most about working for IBC is the friendships that I made through my years of service there. I learned how to maintain and make friendships in other departments so that if I needed to get something completed that required the assistance of another department, I could call on someone that I knew.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the internal red tape when assistance was needed.
I learned how to use the various systems that were required in order to be able to do my job in an efficient manner.
Pros
The associates.
Cons
the internal systems no being user friendly as well as the internal departments not working together
Very positive, exciting and constantly changing
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2016
I loved working everyone is extremely encouraging and positive. I developed great communication and networking skills here.
A great place to learn and advance and make life long friends
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2016
I worked for Independence Blue Cross for over 20 years in the Claims division. I began as a mail opener and when I left, I had been a supervisor for over 15 years. Management in my department was great and my coworkers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was peak season, and the most enjoyable were my coworkers.
Pros
Coworker, compensation package
Cons
Restructuring
Great company to grow with.
Medicare Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
Great company to grow with. I worked at Blue Cross for 13 years and learned about commercial insurance, and managed care programs funded through both federal and state funds.
almost 20 years of work and start laying off people
Senior Desktop Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
No respect from upper management. Must be young and innovated, if not they will find a way to terminate or lay you off. They are up to date on new technology but no training. You have to learn on your own.
Pros
Great people to work with in the trenches
Cons
Upper mangement needs to give more recongnition and all the hard work people do, not just thinking of how to cut cost, while they are spending millions on renovating and biulding new building, No room for advancement
Places i've work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2016
Very good work experiences with my previous employers. Salaries could have been a little better but overall the my experiences were good.
Pros
Cons
hours worked
no work life balance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2016
Completing administrative duties and answering incoming calls in the queue. I learned to network bes
Pros
great benefits and decent salary
Cons
no work life balance
needs work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2016
taking member calls all day and the phones stay busy. verifying benefits all day long. the management is horrible . the coworkers are great . keeping up with the fast pace of the phones.
Pros
close to home
Cons
dont pay enough
Overall Productive Company to work for!
Lead Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
A Day in the life of working at Independence Blue Cross has it's challenges, however I enjoy working for the organization. I get along very well with my co-workers and I've gained many friendships throughout my tenor. Healthcare as we all know has it's ups and downs but overall I think the company makes some solid good decisions on plan offerings, budgeting, etc. I've been in Finance for over 10 years and I've learned a lot. Although Management changes pretty much on the regular I seem to get along with all of the Management Teams that I've reported too.
Comfortable and laid back setting
Service Operations Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Working at Independence Blue Cross was an interesting experience. As an intern, most of the work I did was assisting my supervisors and managers. The environment at IBC was very homey. My coworkers were extremely kind. They were willing to stop their work to help me with whatever it was I needed assistance with. There were times where there wasn't much for me to do. I would sit around waiting for someone to give me a task or I would fiddle with my work log that I typed up on Excel. Overall I enjoyed my time working at Independence Blue Cross.
Pros
Long breaks, relaxed environment
Cons
Not having much to do for long periods of time, working around adults all the time
Workforce Analyst
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
Great place to work for with unlimited potential. This company educates employees in a manner that will only help you in your career.,
Great Place and People to work with
Enrollment Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
This was a great place to work and learn parts of insurance business. I enjoyed working here. The people where friendly and the work was enjoyable. I have been seeking similar employment and haven't been able to find it yet.
Pros
team environment, friendly, enjoyable work
Cons
temporary
It was a great company to work for.
Sr. Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2016
: I have been working as a business analyst for almost 9 years. I have worked entirely in health care and insurance related domains. As a BA, I have worked closely with various stakeholders, business SME’s, and other team to analyze the business need, validate the solution and analyze the impact of those solutions on the business areas. I have a thorough knowledge of various industry standard SDLC methodologies. For requirements elicitation, I have used various techniques such as JAD sessions, interviews and market surveys. I have used techniques to effectively document the business, functional and other software requirements. In my projects, I have also performed brainstorming and document analysis to collect existing knowledge on the system.
While documenting the BRD, I conducted JAD sessions to review the requirements with the stakeholders, SME’s and team members to gain consensus, and to modify or add new requirements to the BRD. While documenting the FRD, I closely coordinated with the technical team to document the system requirements. I prepared RTM to monitor the progress on requirements. I have made presentations on Business workflows, Milestones, Timeframes and deliverables. I have extensively used UML tools such as USE case diagram, data flow diagrams, Activity diagrams, ER diagrams. During the design phase, I assisted the developers in addressing their concern on the requirements. In the test phase I have coordinated with the testing team and the development team to validate and the defects with the help of defect management tools such as JIRA & HPQC. I have prepared
  more... status reports on the various activities to the track the progress of the project. I have also been involved in post-production defect management by supporting the EBF & HF. Being in the health care sector,
I have exposure to ACA rules, CMS guidelines, Medicaid & CHIP eligibility rules, APTC rules, EDI transactions & ICD-9 & 10 coding system. With respect to EDI transactions, I am familiar to 834-health plan enrollment/ disenrollment info, 835-health claim payment & remittance info, 837-healthcare claim info, 276/277- healthcare claim status, 270/271- eligibility for health plan. I have also worked on projects system transition for HIPAA 4010 to 5010.
In working with various projects I have come to know various Application tools like PeopleSoft, PEGA, Guiedewire and Facets. I have also experience in work with P&C based project.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
N/a
Great
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2016
Great company to work with job security and growth great oppurtunities offered. Growth and bonuses all depend on the efforst and work put in by the employee.
Innovative and productive
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
I was a contractor at IBC, so my stay was limited but the experience was great. Staff were nice and helpful, hard working people.
Micro managers
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2016
Very low salaries raises below average. No work life balance mandatory overtime. Management horrible and don't listen to their employees. They expect you to tell on other employees. Moral overall horrible very hostile working environment. Treat employees like children.
Pros
Pay check
Benefits
Correspondence Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2016
Independence Blue Cross is a family of companies. The company's goal is to always satisfy the member. IBC is always thinking of innovative ways to reinvent the company I absolutely love working here I have learned so much about healthcare. We remain committed to providing the member with quality service.
Pros
Helpful Coworkers
Challeging at times
Marketing Operation Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Busy environment, from start to end of the day. Fun working with everyone. Support from management was great when I wanted to learn more about the business by letting me go to classes.

Independence Blue Cross Reviews by Location