Independence Blue Cross

Independence Blue Cross Employer Reviews

Lots of perks
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 22, 2014
Lots of awards and drawings for attendance and high performance are held here. Some of the prizes included Ipods, gift cards, and cash.
One of my best employment opportunities
Claims Processing Analyst (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PANovember 20, 2014
My first job in the insurance field. Requires a lot of thinking to correctly process medical claims to adjudication. Everyone worked as a team to get the daily tasks complete. Great work environment. The hardest part of the position is ensuring all claim are correctly processed for payment. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning insurance processing.
Wonderful Place to Learn
Senior Policy Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2014
Pros: career development, good benefits
Cons: salary (excluding retirement and health benefits) not as high as expected
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) was my first employer upon graduation with an associates of applied science - RN. It was a perfect place to start my professional career as I decided to not go into direct patient care. The company offers the ability to advance in your career path or even change careers within the company. It offered excellent benefits – more... including tuition reimbursement and health and retirement benefits. Like many companies in a difficult and competitive field in a struggling economy, it did reduce retirement and health benefits options over time. I left the company on good terms after accepting an early retirement package. – less
A Great place to work
PROVIDER DATA COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonus, flexiblility
Cons: management
My day was different every day, no set schedule. I learned so much working for this company. Great co-workers. not enough time in the day. working with good people
Telephonic nurse educator
Health Coach RN (Current Employee), phila, paNovember 9, 2014
Pros: being in the city
Cons: sitting all day
Difficult to work by phone all day. I enjoy educating and motivating member's to make healthy life style changes.
Busy, productive days
AEDW Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2014
Learned a lot from my co-workers. Was introduced to Project management then.
best company i ever worked for
Care Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2014
great team members...management was excellent....enjoyed worl=king for this company
Working close with clients building a friendly relationship.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: helping the clients were our goals
Cons: suspending breaks daily
Take calls from the clients to explain benefits for insurance, for the formulary and the medication, speaking with doctors and nurses about surgeries and procedure codes for the clients, telling co-pays for how much they owe for premiums, show the clients that we care about every situation they are going through, filing grievances when asked or when – more... the clients seem upset. I also helped as managment when supervisors and mentors were too busy oor stepped out the room. – less
Customer service.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2014
-Good Work. Good forward moving company to work for. Pretty good compensation. Pretty good compensation and benefits.
Excellent Company to be employed with.
System Entry Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: none.
I recommend Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia.
I was a happy associate and worked there for 23 years.
In 2009, The company had to Phase out our department and
limit their work staff. I retired in October 2009.
Presently, I am looking for Part-Time position.
Great Company
College Intern (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2014
• Conduct and schedule interviews for hiring managers
• Request drug and background checks, onboard new hires, and prepare personnel files
• Compile reports and analyze data for Diversity and Inclusion Training
•Assisted with onboarding students for the internship programs
good
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), philadelhiaOctober 10, 2014
The management people was great, and thats what made me feel so comfort, I had always though that for be comfort on a job the management people influence a lot, and all they did was been comprensive and acceptable with their workers.
High turnover rate--little to no training
Billing Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2014
Hire many temps/contractors (probably to meet a quota). Very high turnover rate. Unorganized.
IBC
Triage Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, education funding
Cons: management has a lot of meetings
For the most part this is a great place to work. As with most companies there are some ups and downs. However, I focus on the fact that the company is committed to education and the overall well being of most employees.
Rewarding Company to work for.
Claims Operator (Current Employee), Philadelphia PaSeptember 18, 2014
Co-workers & supervisors are fun to work with, job is very challenging at times but beneficial in the end.
The lesson of Compassion
Team Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: bonus, vacation time, great team
Cons: none at this time
While working at Blue Cross I had a chance to work as a dedicated customer service rep which meant I had to understand a groups benefits inside and out because assisted and educate members with many issues and sometimes providers about their benefits. Sometimes I had to defuse several upset members so I learned compassion due to all the customer service – more... training we were provided. This is a skill that I pride myself on and a lot of the skills I learned I still use today in my everyday life. – less
A company where you can build a future
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2014
I've spent a lifetime jumping from job to job but have landed and stayed here more than any other place combined.
Highly competitive atmosphere for the Career Driven individual along with good benefits.
Administrative Assistant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, community events
Cons: poor management, high turnover rates and layoffs, which they love to call "natural attrition"
* Typical day: Routined work atmosphere depending on the department. With some departments, rules change like the weather. Every single aspect is priority to the company. A very rushed and stressful environment.
*I've learned to utilize my time better and to carry myself more professionally. Certainly a great atmosphere to work for young college (or – more... High School) graduates wanting to gain experience in the business field. Plus the company has training classes in everything from writing proposals to learning latest computer programs and you can take these classes more than once.
*Co-workers are diverse, which is good. But they can be very cut-throat since IT IS a corporate business that offers mobility and chances to get ahead. To work here, tough skin is a MUST.
*The hardest part: working in a team environment when other co-workers are non-responsive, incapable or plain lazy to achieve team efforts. There is often poor management and many HR complaints.
*The best part: community events. The entire company gets involved in charitable events…and of course the salary is not bad. – less
Community Oriented Company
Provider Services Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: always room for advancement
Great place to work, their is always some kind of event going on to increase moral via contests and games.
Proud to be an employee
MANAGER, PROVIDER NETWORK SERVICES (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2014
Well-respected organization in the marketplace. Good work/life balance. Flexible schedules. Work is challenging and always changing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Independence Blue Cross

Independence Blue Cross (IBC) provides health insurance and related services to some 2.2 million members in southeastern Pennsylvania – Read more