Independence Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Hard-Worker, Team-player,
Billing Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
I come and wait for the phone to ring and was excited to answer the incoming calls. I loved to educate myself & research information to help the customers. Some of my co-workers were very helpful and skillful, especially assisting me when I needed it. The hardest part of the job was trying to help the most needed information where or which we couldn't get to. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with different people and researching the information, so that I can assist them to the best of my ability.
Newspaper business is not for everyone
receptionist, graphic artist (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 23, 2016
The time spent here was a good experience. I learned a lot of things. I have used them in other jobs I moved on to.
I liked the people I worked with.
Hardest part was the stress.
The most enjoyable was the ability to be creative.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely stressful
Na
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Great organization helping members to help themselves. It is is place for someone to find housing and work and my role is to assist them in finding the tools necessary to accomplish these goals be it getting enrolled in school, finding apartments, or a job search.
Assisting Clients and helping them in their sales and needs. Educated them to handle daily activities in life with the purpose to equip these needed p
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 18, 2015
Assisting Clients and helping them in their sale. Educated them in how to manage their money. Investing in these needed people a quality time and giving them my best to lead them to achieve an independent and successful life which was one of our goal.
Pros
Flexible hours
Educational Work Place
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
While working at this company I became proficient in Accounting Operations, A|R management, Managerial skills, Government guidance, Project management, Health Insurance operations, system functionality, data analysis, audit and quality assurance, policy and procedures, business requirements and testing, change management, communication.
Independence License Bureau
Customer Service Representative, Present (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2015
My job is to issues or renew client Drive license and sticker for their car. My boss and co-work are excellent to work with. The hardest thing about my job dealing with anger client.
Interesting workplace.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at work was helping people. and being there with my coworkers and learning new things. I have learn to appreciate the little things in life. The hardest part of my job was see my clints suffer and giving up. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clints happy and appreciate my help.
challenging & productive work place.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
Taking care the consumer, was most hardest but enjoyable. I knew consumer was well taking care of. Co-workers was great. Management is the consumer, they can hire or fire. which is a great thing because they can choose the best person that's suitable for them.
Pros
every day is different.
Cons
Co-workers not on time or calls out so there's no one to relief you.
Not the most easy place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 30, 2015
Management not very helpful or accomodating. No after hour supervisors available to LVN's for questions or emergency call offs.
Integrated Case Management Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAJune 12, 2015
I was given a lot of autonomy at this job. No micromanaging and had good support from co-workers and management. I enjoyed working with the clients the most. This agency had good benefits and compensation.
Pros
Good Manamgent and support
Cons
Wasnt the best place to work
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHApril 1, 2015
I had odd hours, and didnt make very much for the job that I had to do. It was however fulfilling in the way that you feel like you did something good to help others. Again not many opportunites for advancement, and it was not easy to reach a manager or nurse on call if you needed them.
Pros
Sense of fulfillment
Cons
Strange Hours, Low Pay, Poor management
great place to work
Non-Emergency General Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 6, 2015
Its a great place to work it has a feel of everyone is family and its a very relaxed atmosphere. The co-workers were great people.
safe vessel to work on and co workers are awesome
Processor (Former Employee) –  here SeattleMay 19, 2015
processor for few days and change position has a stack man at the freezer was planning to work for life there but change boat to work on the F/V Bountiful for few years.
Pros
free lunch
The Clubhouse provides an opportunity to learn and perform!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Central West End, St. Louis, MoAugust 13, 2014
The staff are friendly and professional. You are provided all of the resources through Social Workers and other Outreach Programs that assist the member with Job skills such as resume writing and interview skills necessary to succeed in the Business world!
Pros
the food is outstanding!
Cons
they could praise god more for the availality and access of the clubhouse!
bad communication
Package Handler- part time (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
you weren't allowed regular contact with your supervisor outside of work. It actually became a problem that contact couldn't be made outside of work.
Wonderful place with many different workers and clients
Classroom Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 20, 2014
Work was wonderful; The paperwork was just fine. I scheduled the week with activities and things that clients would enjoy as well as learn from. I learned by doing so what they enjoyed, how to get them to respond, how to keep them calm.

My co-workers were hard working individuals who enjoyed their job immensely. The hardest part was when a client would have a bad day, or when their health took a turn for the worst. The most enjoyable part of the day was when the clients laughed, that was priceless.
Pros
working with clients who had needs
Cons
the salary you received for doing the job you had
Great place to work!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OhioMay 28, 2014
I absolutely love Independence of Portage Inc. Everyone in the office and management are super nice and flexible. They were very helpful working around my school schedule and there's always more hours to pick up if you don't like how many you're getting. Other staff is always helpful and work as a team to achieve what is best for the clients.
Pros
clients, flexible hours
Cons
lowish pay
Lots of resposibilities
Caregiver for MMRD (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHApril 4, 2013
At this job there was high stress dealing with MRDD clients in supportive and group living environments. I enjoyed working with most of my clients, but there was so much responsibilities. I learned alot about myself and what I could handle and not handle.
Pros
developed good relationships with clients
Cons
low pay for the amount of responsibilities
good supervision.
CASAC Primary Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2012
Good atmosphere, director is easy to talk to and very understanding.
lots of paper work. Co workers are supportive and very helpful. the most enjoyable part of this job is you're always learning something new.
Pros
diverse polulation
Cons
excessive paperwork
Educationally and Job Security
MRDD caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 4, 2013
Working here was great. Working with a diverse community of people. It was an educational experience to add to my personal experiences. The hardest part was learning how to deal with all the different types of MRDD.
Pros
fun educational