Independence Employee Reviews

Great consumer
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 22, 2017
Self directed so not much interaction with company outside of payroll. However staff has also been available to assist if questions in regards to payment.
Great Company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2016
This company is responsible for my increased interest and desire for working in the Healthcare industry. It was because of my skills and room for creativity that I decided that Healthcare and bringing proper quality of life to patients was my calling.
Excellent and fast paced company to work for
General Technician, Pier One (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 26, 2016
Taking care of 40 acres at Case High School. Including, the football stadium, soccer fields, open fields, tennis courts, baseball and softball fields. Also including, tree and bush trimming, garbage pickup, and general equipment maintenance and other quick fixes. Lots of creativity on how to fix a problem with the given tools.
Productive Environment
Job Shadow/Mentorship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2016
Assist members with mental illness to overcome obstacles, work, and live independently. Members work side by side with staff and colleagues as well.
Productive, Hard-Worker, Team-player,
Billing Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
I come and wait for the phone to ring and was excited to answer the incoming calls. I loved to educate myself & research information to help the customers. Some of my co-workers were very helpful and skillful, especially assisting me when I needed it. The hardest part of the job was trying to help the most needed information where or which we couldn't get to. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with different people and researching the information, so that I can assist them to the best of my ability.
Na
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Great organization helping members to help themselves. It is is place for someone to find housing and work and my role is to assist them in finding the tools necessary to accomplish these goals be it getting enrolled in school, finding apartments, or a job search.
Newspaper business is not for everyone
receptionist, graphic artist (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 23, 2016
The time spent here was a good experience. I learned a lot of things. I have used them in other jobs I moved on to.
I liked the people I worked with.
Hardest part was the stress.
The most enjoyable was the ability to be creative.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely stressful
Independence License Bureau
Customer Service Representative, Present (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2015
My job is to issues or renew client Drive license and sticker for their car. My boss and co-work are excellent to work with. The hardest thing about my job dealing with anger client.
Not the most easy place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 30, 2015
Management not very helpful or accomodating. No after hour supervisors available to LVN's for questions or emergency call offs.
Interesting workplace.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at work was helping people. and being there with my coworkers and learning new things. I have learn to appreciate the little things in life. The hardest part of my job was see my clints suffer and giving up. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clints happy and appreciate my help.
Educational Work Place
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
While working at this company I became proficient in Accounting Operations, A|R management, Managerial skills, Government guidance, Project management, Health Insurance operations, system functionality, data analysis, audit and quality assurance, policy and procedures, business requirements and testing, change management, communication.
Assisting Clients and helping them in their sales and needs. Educated them to handle daily activities in life with the purpose to equip these needed p
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 18, 2015
Assisting Clients and helping them in their sale. Educated them in how to manage their money. Investing in these needed people a quality time and giving them my best to lead them to achieve an independent and successful life which was one of our goal.
Pros
Flexible hours
challenging & productive work place.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
Taking care the consumer, was most hardest but enjoyable. I knew consumer was well taking care of. Co-workers was great. Management is the consumer, they can hire or fire. which is a great thing because they can choose the best person that's suitable for them.
Pros
every day is different.
Cons
Co-workers not on time or calls out so there's no one to relief you.
great place to work
Non-Emergency General Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 6, 2015
Its a great place to work it has a feel of everyone is family and its a very relaxed atmosphere. The co-workers were great people.
Integrated Case Management Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAJune 12, 2015
I was given a lot of autonomy at this job. No micromanaging and had good support from co-workers and management. I enjoyed working with the clients the most. This agency had good benefits and compensation.
Pros
Good Manamgent and support
Cons
safe vessel to work on and co workers are awesome
Processor (Former Employee) –  here SeattleMay 19, 2015
processor for few days and change position has a stack man at the freezer was planning to work for life there but change boat to work on the F/V Bountiful for few years.
Pros
free lunch
bad communication
Package Handler- part time (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
you weren't allowed regular contact with your supervisor outside of work. It actually became a problem that contact couldn't be made outside of work.
Wasnt the best place to work
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHApril 1, 2015
I had odd hours, and didnt make very much for the job that I had to do. It was however fulfilling in the way that you feel like you did something good to help others. Again not many opportunites for advancement, and it was not easy to reach a manager or nurse on call if you needed them.
Pros
Sense of fulfillment
Cons
Strange Hours, Low Pay, Poor management
good company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  KYNovember 14, 2014
overall good company to work for. loved the time i was there coworker and supervsior very friendly
The Clubhouse provides an opportunity to learn and perform!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Central West End, St. Louis, MoAugust 13, 2014
The staff are friendly and professional. You are provided all of the resources through Social Workers and other Outreach Programs that assist the member with Job skills such as resume writing and interview skills necessary to succeed in the Business world!
Pros
The food is OUTSTANDING!
Cons
They could praise God more for the availality and access of the Clubhouse!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independence. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval