Independent Bank Employee Reviews

Work Hours were great !
Fulltime Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis , TnApril 15, 2017
Hired as Collector Full time it was an interesting time there .Supervisor over the department the worst I've dealt with . Everyone in the department manages it but her ! Cliques and its horrible ! If you go in and be passive and allow yourself to be mistreated you will make it ! A lot of falsifying reports if you're not liked .Be careful ! Low pay for collection and not treated fairly !
Pros
Wonderful hours
Cons
Supervisor, Cliques, salary and High turnover
Very nice and pleasant!
Manager is Noah Elrod (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093April 12, 2017
I work for a temp agency at the time I was working at Independent Bank. They had no full-time opening at that time for me. I enjoy myself any place I work at. I enjoy working at Independent Bank! They had a lot of helpful people working at Independent Bank!!
Pros
Beauitful Branches
Cons
Not been able to work full-time Independent Bank!!
Very productive
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 31, 2017
In general, working as a bank teller is fast paced, with plenty of face-to-face interaction with bank customers. Bank tellers are expected to process financial transactions quickly and accurately at all time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing files and preparing loan documents, The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting deadlines and getting results. I learned a great deal in regards to loan documentation and regulations.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/A
Startup banking company at the time
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2017
Senior Vice President. Consumer Risk Managment. Senior Management Commirttee. Managed team of customer service associates working with customers in financial distress.
Benefits good
Loan Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 1, 2017
This was a pretty good company to work for. The benefits were good but management was strict. Overall it was a good company to work for however I was l laid off due to restructuring
Pros
Good benefits & bonuses
Cons
No breaks, management seemed uncaring to employees concerns
Good experience
Mortgage Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 10, 2017
I was referred here by a temp agency it was OK working here. I quit to pursue my education. Management was ok as well. The people I worked with were nice. I liked helping people close on their homes.
Poor work environment
Processor (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIOctober 31, 2016
Management does not provide reliable training. "Training" is provided by performance evaluations to your HR file. The workplace is divided into cliques. If you aren't part of the clique, your concerns will not be addressed. Management wants its employees to be seen and not heard. The only thing that matters is output and deadlines. Coworkers only look out for themselves and report anything you do wrong. Some management leads by intimidation..
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Management; environment
Every thing is good
Selenium Tester (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Everything is good and I had a good experience in this office ,I learnt so many things here like how to face the complex situations and how to solve the critical issues.
Michigan based company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 25, 2016
Independent Bank is a Michigan based bank which makes it hard to more up in the company. I do wish they would expand but I don't see how that is possible without being bought by another company. Great people to work for and morals of a bank.
Focused on customer satisfaction
Teller (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 27, 2016
My team is excellent, and the customers are wonderful. I have been given opportunities to gain responsibilities and learn additional things that make me able to help customers further. There is a playful atmosphere when time cooperates. There is no ability to advance, despite any level of effort or motivation. The hardest part of the job is being consistently overlooked for advancement because I dedicate more time to my customers than I do making friends with my manager.
Pros
Flexible, fun atmosphere
Cons
Compensation, preferrential treatment based on favoritism
Terrible structure and Cheap company
Deposit Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2016
The structure of this organization is terrible. They are extremely understaffed, try to overload their current employees with work that should be done by an entirely different department, and refuse to increase pay for services. They have no proper training, you will basically be thrown into your job. Their current employees with no training experience are the training department for new employees. There are some extremely nice people there but they also have a lot of people stuck in their ways. People in management positions who do not have very good people skills and don't know how to adapt to change. Small banks usually want to be big banks but still have a small bank mentality, this is an extremely accurate description for Ibank.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Structure
Corporate culture changed over the last couple of years.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 17, 2015
Compensation heavily skewed toward upper management. Too many upper level managers, not enough day to day workers. Company does not offer progressive career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MIOctober 4, 2015
Co-workers are fantastic, management is stellar, typical work day at the bank was very easy-going and relaxed, but it had it's hard moments, nothing I couldn't powerhouse through though!
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work. If you are looking to laboratory experience that's the place to be. You will learn a lot there. They enjoy teaching you and giving you the experience you need.
Pros
job
Positive workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 16, 2015
Enjoyed this position. The managers and staff treated each other with respect. This was a wonderful place to grand thrive as aan employee
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belding, MIFebruary 26, 2015
I answer about 100 calls a day and assist with online banking, account balances, data reports, data entry, customer information changes, daily duties, and general customer service.
Low pay & no security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Independent Bank starts their employees off at the minimal amount. There is very little job security in any branch or department. The company is all about profit.
Expected Work Environment
Account Analysis Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Great coworkers. Several training options. Flexible managers. Fun work environment. Professional environment. Advanced technology. Competitive wages. High employee morale.
Bank at great profits !
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 9, 2015
All aspects of banking. run as a well tuned machine, co-works were the fire of company, happy well paid & management very well liked .I wished they did not close doors.
Pros
great customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Bank. Our community is ready to answer.