Independent Bank Employee Reviews

Poor Management and Overall Environment
Mortgage Coordinator - Loan Set-up (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Changes your job description without talking to you about it.
Makes it seem like you have to spend company time talking or taking your lunch to go out with others. There is special treatment for certain people in the office. If management doesn't like you, you wont be personally invited to events like others are or they will say Hi to everyone except that person they don't like.
All in all I could continue with all the poor things about this job, but I am trying my hardest to find another job and wouldn't recommend anyone to work in the mortgage department of Independent Bank from my experience.
N/a
LOAN OPERATIONS ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Company is a good company to work for. Worked a lot of over-time with the bank merging. The environment is enjoyable but fast paced and requires working late.
Very stress free atmosphere
Assistant Manager / Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2018
Relaxed but not boring still able to control time management. Everyday was a learning opportunity. The manager was on hands and willing to help with any problems or concerns. It was a very nice high tech savvy area. I really enjoyed working there. It was enjoyable to work with a company that believes in family values.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Na
Great place to work and advance
Teller III /Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2017
Great place to work. Great hours. Great managers. Great benefits. I was fortunate to be in a great location with a great manager. I can't speak for all of the other branches, but my branch was great.
Work Place culture
Real Estate Services (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 30, 2017
I did not have a good experience. The bank I was working at was purchased. I was transferred to a different department I had no experience working. I received very little training or support.
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
Stressful Work Environment
Worst work experience I have had
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, TXSeptember 12, 2017
If you were not buddies with management you were not going to advance. Had to do work duties for people in higher postions but did not receive the pay
Pros
hours
Cons
management
N/a
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2017
Independent Bank is a phenomenal place to work. I absolutely love I-Bank. It is a great place to work for and they also work with their employees. They care about the employees and the customers.
Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 15, 2017
Lots of bonuses. Good people. No one ever seems to get angry. Their path to promotion could be better and some of the departments don't communicate as well as they could.
bank
New Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJuly 7, 2017
working at the bank was very fast paced there was always something to do not once did you find yourself not busy or just hanging out somewhere on the other hand I miss banking and look forward to getting back into banking
Great Work Environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2017
After working there for a few months, all of the employees that I have interacted with have been friendly and helpful. The bank has a very efficient system for most things based off my experience. I do not dread going into work everyday and enjoy working with my co-workers.
I would go back
Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2017
Collections make great pay, competitive but not a lot of competitors. Easy to lean policies and procedures. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. I would recommend this job for anyone experience in collections.
Work Hours were great !
Fulltime Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis , TnApril 15, 2017
Hired as Collector Full time it was an interesting time there .Supervisor over the department the worst I've dealt with . Everyone in the department manages it but her ! Cliques and its horrible ! If you go in and be passive and allow yourself to be mistreated you will make it ! A lot of falsifying reports if you're not liked .Be careful ! Low pay for collection and not treated fairly !
Pros
Wonderful hours
Cons
Supervisor, Cliques, salary and High turnover
Very nice and pleasant!
Manager is Noah Elrod (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093April 12, 2017
I work for a temp agency at the time I was working at Independent Bank. They had no full-time opening at that time for me. I enjoy myself any place I work at. I enjoy working at Independent Bank! They had a lot of helpful people working at Independent Bank!!
Pros
Beauitful Branches
Cons
Not been able to work full-time Independent Bank!!
Fun work environment - but stressful
Level C Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 21, 2017
Not much training after initial hire-in process, they expect you to be very independent and to work on your own. If you cant handle high pressure situations, this job will get the best of you.
Pros
good co-workers, bank hours, 45 minute lunches
Cons
hardly any training, no promised 6 month raise
Startup banking company at the time
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2017
Senior Vice President. Consumer Risk Managment. Senior Management Commirttee. Managed team of customer service associates working with customers in financial distress.
Benefits good
Loan Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 1, 2017
This was a pretty good company to work for. The benefits were good but management was strict. Overall it was a good company to work for however I was l laid off due to restructuring
Pros
Good benefits & bonuses
Cons
No breaks, management seemed uncaring to employees concerns
Every thing is good
Selenium Tester (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Everything is good and I had a good experience in this office ,I learnt so many things here like how to face the complex situations and how to solve the critical issues.
Michigan based company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 25, 2016
Independent Bank is a Michigan based bank which makes it hard to more up in the company. I do wish they would expand but I don't see how that is possible without being bought by another company. Great people to work for and morals of a bank.
Terrible structure and Cheap company
Deposit Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 28, 2016
The structure of this organization is terrible. They are extremely understaffed, try to overload their current employees with work that should be done by an entirely different department, and refuse to increase pay for services. They have no proper training, you will basically be thrown into your job. Their current employees with no training experience are the training department for new employees. There are some extremely nice people there but they also have a lot of people stuck in their ways. People in management positions who do not have very good people skills and don't know how to adapt to change. Small banks usually want to be big banks but still have a small bank mentality, this is an extremely accurate description for Ibank.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Structure
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work. If you are looking to laboratory experience that's the place to be. You will learn a lot there. They enjoy teaching you and giving you the experience you need.
Pros
job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Bank. Our community is ready to answer.