Independent Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate culture changed over the last couple of years.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 17, 2015
Compensation heavily skewed toward upper management. Too many upper level managers, not enough day to day workers. Company does not offer progressive career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Employees
Just Terrible
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXMarch 9, 2016
The Management was absolutely terrible. I wasn't the only one that thought so. The all around experience was terrible actually.
Not Recommended by me
V. P. & Consumer and Mortgage Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Not recommended by me. Large Banking Company that seems to have little concern for the customers and employees. Most of the employees have been laid off.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Job Security, many layoffs
Employee management, core solutions, working with iSeries (IBM)
Director of Banking Services (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 17, 2015
Employee management, core solutions, working with iSeries (IBM). I work with solving core problems, backup, updates and releases for core product in banking. I work with updating and releasing OS for IBM iSeries. Daily I work with the employees at the bank. The coworkers are good,

The hardest part of the job is working with the new structure since the bank went public.

The most enjoyable is solution/problem solving.

The management structure has changed, and it is different to deal with.
Pros
good benifits, early hours
Cons
restructure
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MIOctober 4, 2015
Co-workers are fantastic, management is stellar, typical work day at the bank was very easy-going and relaxed, but it had it's hard moments, nothing I couldn't powerhouse through though!
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work. If you are looking to laboratory experience that's the place to be. You will learn a lot there. They enjoy teaching you and giving you the experience you need.
Pros
job
Positive workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 16, 2015
Enjoyed this position. The managers and staff treated each other with respect. This was a wonderful place to grand thrive as aan employee
A great place to expand upon previously acquired professional skills.
General Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Each day is different at Independent Bank. While there is variation, I can generally count on certain tasks. Deposits and withdrawals; account inquiries; and online banking inquiries; all exercise my problem solving skills so that I may give the best possible service to all our customers.
Great place to grow and expand your career.
Senior Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 24, 2015
Independent Bank has a great name in the community and shows by taking good care of it's employees. This bank has exceptional values that seems to be disappearing in many other institutions in our area. Other banks look for numbers and Independent Bank focuses more on the customer.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belding, MIFebruary 26, 2015
I answer about 100 calls a day and assist with online banking, account balances, data reports, data entry, customer information changes, daily duties, and general customer service.
Expected Work Environment
Account Analysis Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Great coworkers. Several training options. Flexible managers. Fun work environment. Professional environment. Advanced technology. Competitive wages. High employee morale.
Very Disappointed
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MichiganMay 28, 2014
CONS: I would NEVER work here again. Poor management. Employees not treated with respect. Lots of people married to other people within the company. Unprofessional. Managers being best friends with subordinates. No money for training, but managers can go on trips to conferences. No feeling of team work or that management cares about the growth of their employees. Mismanagement of resources.

PROS: A lot of good people work for IB. The people are what are what make working their enjoyable.
Pros
good employees
Cons
poor management
I processed and underwrote files
Sr. Processor & Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 25, 2014
I worked alone most of the day. I processed for loan officer he was one of the top loan officers. We had only so many products for customers it was sometimes hard getting them into the product that they really needed. I enjoyed working there. The people seemed very nice and helpful I learned a lot about the surrounding areas.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
not being able to do as much as a smaller company could for clients
Bank at great profits !
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 9, 2015
All aspects of banking. run as a well tuned machine, co-works were the fire of company, happy well paid & management very well liked .I wished they did not close doors.
Pros
great customers
Very flexible and family focused employer.
Foreclosure/ Bankruptcy Asst (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 29, 2012
During the years I have worked for Independent Bank have been very blessed to have the ability to work a fairly flexible schedule overall. Management is always very understanding when it comes to my family life and the important events that come up when you have a family. During the past four and a half years I have had the opportunity to learn about bankruptcies and how they work. It is very challenging and rewarding as well. I love what I do, it is an every day learning opportunity. The people I work with are very helpful and supportive which means a lot in the busyness of the work environment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation
Productive and great workplace
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MIOctober 16, 2012
Working at Independent Bank taught me alot about myself and about banking, sales, and time management. Always something to do and always learning. My co workers are just like family and we work very well together. I dont think there was anything hard, I love pressing myself to do more and do better. The customers were the most enjoyable part of my job. Getting to know them and giving them the best experience every time, every day.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
none.
It was a good place to work overall
Loan Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIOctober 11, 2012
Job security wasn't there, as the housing industry as we all know took a bad hit, and we were losing jobs by the hundreds at the time. That was stressful. Otherwise I liked my tasks and enjoyed many of my co-workers, who are currently close friends.
Pros
2 blocks from my front door, never had to worry about getting snowed in, walked to work frequently, great benefits, great hours, loved my supervisor
Cons
sometimes, by nature the job could be a little stressful, but overall i like a little bit of stress, keeps me on my toes!
Five Stars
Merchant Teller (Former Employee) –  EncinoJuly 1, 2013
Very busy at work because I was a merchant teller at that time, always had lots of cash from merchant customers, the manager was awesome that I would love to work with him again because he always be there when we need him, funny, and very professional. The hardest part of the job was too much cash deposit and the most enjoyabled when I know I balanced my cash box.
Pros
cash deposits
Cons
dirty monies
Low pay & no security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Independent Bank starts their employees off at the minimal amount. There is very little job security in any branch or department. The company is all about profit.
Overall great company to work for
Loan Processing Assistant/Junior Processor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
Excellent company to settle down with. Great benefits and work environment but low amount of advancement opportunities.
Pros
occasional free lunch and overall nice team to work for
Cons
low advancement opportunities and raises.