Independent Bank

Independent Bank Employee Reviews

A great place to expand upon previously acquired professional skills.
General Teller (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Each day is different at Independent Bank. While there is variation, I can generally count on certain tasks. Deposits and withdrawals; account inquiries; and online banking inquiries; all exercise my problem solving skills so that I may give the best possible service to all our customers.
Great place to grow and expand your career.
Senior Lending Assistant (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMarch 24, 2015
Independent Bank has a great name in the community and shows by taking good care of it's employees. This bank has exceptional values that seems to be disappearing in many other institutions in our area. Other banks look for numbers and Independent Bank focuses more on the customer.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee), Belding, MIFebruary 26, 2015
I answer about 100 calls a day and assist with online banking, account balances, data reports, data entry, customer information changes, daily duties, and general customer service.
Low pay & no security
Employee (Former Employee), Bay City, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Independent Bank starts their employees off at the minimal amount. There is very little job security in any branch or department. The company is all about profit.
Expected Work Environment
Account Analysis Support Representative (Former Employee), Belding, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Great coworkers. Several training options. Flexible managers. Fun work environment. Professional environment. Advanced technology. Competitive wages. High employee morale.
Bank at great profits !
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great customers
All aspects of banking. run as a well tuned machine, co-works were the fire of company, happy well paid & management very well liked .I wished they did not close doors.
Unfair to employees
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Ionia, MINovember 28, 2014
The work was great I really enjoyed working there but my co-workers were not nice at all, and management did nothing but give excusses why it was okay for them to mistreat other employees.
Customer service oriented
Float Teller (Former Employee), Bay City, MINovember 6, 2014
As one of the busiest Independent Bank branches, the Bay City branch placed a tremendous focus on maintaining accurate transactions while building customer confidence.
Hours and flexiblity is great
Senior Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Ionia, MINovember 5, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: wages
I have learned alot about Customer Service, Mortgage and Consumer Loans, Learned several computer programs, problem solving, have learned alot over the years.
Independent Bank
Facilities Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Ionia, MINovember 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no job protection.
Excellent employer for almost 15 years. Great opportunities for advancement. Loved working with my coworkers.
Christian Values
Lead Teller (Former Employee), McKinney, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: christian values, great coworkers
Cons: management has deteriorated. poor benefits. low pay
I enjoyed my time at Independent Bank. I created deep, lasting friendships there, from customers to coworkers. Independent Bank has been a great place to work.
Productive work place
Teller (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 28, 2014
Typically you would provide service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank.
Overall great company to work for
Loan Processing Assistant/Junior Processor (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch and overall nice team to work for
Cons: low advancement opportunities and raises.
Excellent company to settle down with. Great benefits and work environment but low amount of advancement opportunities.
Nice caring environment
File specialist (Former Employee), Ionia, MIAugust 2, 2014
Loved my job at the bank just wish it wasn't temporary and wished it paid a little better.
It is a bad time to be in the mortgage industry.
Residential Loan Officer (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 23, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: mortgage business is very slow.
Have not been with Independent Bank long enough to provide a fair evaluation. People are great, co-workers are nice.
Very Disappointed
Anonymous (Former Employee), Ionia, MichiganMay 28, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: poor management
CONS: I would NEVER work here again. Poor management. Employees not treated with respect. Lots of people married to other people within the company. Unprofessional. Managers being best friends with subordinates. – more... No money for training, but managers can go on trips to conferences. No feeling of team work or that management cares about the growth of their employees. Mismanagement of resources.

PROS: A lot of good people work for IB. The people are what are what make working their enjoyable. – less
Busy fast pace environment
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Bay City, MIMay 28, 2014
When I started it was very busy and had a couple days training and then jumped into the job to learn the job and system. Reviewed new files and after they came out of underwriting worked on clearing conditions – more... with loan officer. Later we also picked up customer contact and worked with them to obtain conditions. Once conditions in file would be submitted back to underwriter for final approval. They we would work with loan officer, customer and title company to schedule closing. File would then be prepped and turned over to a closer.

I learned to process VA and MSHDA loans which I have never done before along with new construction loans.

Individual manager and processing team around the state was wonderful to work with and always helpful and patient in helping with problems or issues.

Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the volume since there always seemed to be a high turn around with staff but enjoyed the challenge.

The best part of the job was helping the loan officer and rest of team in helping make the customer's experience a good. Especially helping a customer in a first time home buying experience. – less
Great Company
Insurance/Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 13, 2014
Positive work environment, excellent company to work for and expand banking knowledge.
Bank like atmosphere without much more
Customer Service Rep. / Teller (Former Employee), West Branch, MIMay 13, 2014
I learned that banking was very micro managed. Employees were there for a pay check only and not a lot of compassion for customers in need.
not a friendly work enviroment
Bank Representative (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 8, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no breaks and very demanding managment for minimum pay
balance a til and wait on customers
team work and trust
management is not always looking out for the good of the company
co workers work together
giving bad news to customers
the customers.

About Independent Bank

Independent Bank Corporation is a bank holding company. The Company owns the outstanding stock of Independent Bank (the Bank). – Read more

Independent Bank Salaries