Independent Bank

Independent Bank Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Teller (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 28, 2014
Typically you would provide service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank.
Overall great company to work for
Loan Processing Assistant/Junior Processor (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch and overall nice team to work for
Cons: low advancement opportunities and raises.
Excellent company to settle down with. Great benefits and work environment but low amount of advancement opportunities.
Nice caring environment
File specialist (Former Employee), Ionia, MIAugust 2, 2014
Loved my job at the bank just wish it wasn't temporary and wished it paid a little better.
It is a bad time to be in the mortgage industry.
Residential Loan Officer (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 23, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: mortgage business is very slow.
Have not been with Independent Bank long enough to provide a fair evaluation. People are great, co-workers are nice.
Very Disappointed
Anonymous (Former Employee), Ionia, MichiganMay 28, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: poor management
CONS: I would NEVER work here again. Poor management. Employees not treated with respect. Lots of people married to other people within the company. Unprofessional. Managers being best friends with subordinates. No money for training, but managers can go on trips to conferences. No feeling of team work or that management cares about the growth of their – more... employees. Mismanagement of resources.

PROS: A lot of good people work for IB. The people are what are what make working their enjoyable. – less
Busy fast pace environment
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Bay City, MIMay 28, 2014
When I started it was very busy and had a couple days training and then jumped into the job to learn the job and system. Reviewed new files and after they came out of underwriting worked on clearing conditions with loan officer. Later we also picked up customer contact and worked with them to obtain conditions. Once conditions in file would be submitted – more... back to underwriter for final approval. They we would work with loan officer, customer and title company to schedule closing. File would then be prepped and turned over to a closer.

I learned to process VA and MSHDA loans which I have never done before along with new construction loans.

Individual manager and processing team around the state was wonderful to work with and always helpful and patient in helping with problems or issues.

Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the volume since there always seemed to be a high turn around with staff but enjoyed the challenge.

The best part of the job was helping the loan officer and rest of team in helping make the customer's experience a good. Especially helping a customer in a first time home buying experience. – less
Great Company
Insurance/Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 13, 2014
Positive work environment, excellent company to work for and expand banking knowledge.
Bank like atmosphere without much more
Customer Service Rep. / Teller (Former Employee), West Branch, MIMay 13, 2014
I learned that banking was very micro managed. Employees were there for a pay check only and not a lot of compassion for customers in need.
not a friendly work enviroment
Bank Representative (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 8, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no breaks and very demanding managment for minimum pay
balance a til and wait on customers
team work and trust
management is not always looking out for the good of the company
co workers work together
giving bad news to customers
the customers.
loved it!
Lockbox Lead Deposit Operations Support Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2014
Pros: working with great people, good pay and benefits.
Cons: hard to thinnk of any, getting up so early maybe.
My day started off by picking up my mail batches at three different post offices, then on to open bank, connect bank to Federal Reserve server, and to the other neccesary servers. I printed out neccesary reports for the whole deposit operations department, After getting everything in order I then opened and processed between 500-700 pcs or mail depositing – more... checks, data entry, scanning remmitance into my pc and emailing remmitance to customer. Then I balanced reports for deposit operations department, Balance entire C D control for all Memphis and branches of surrounding area. I loved the management, the co-workers. I learned a lot about balancing reports, especially certificates of deposit. Balancing the heavy work load and getting it all finished before bank closed after coming in at 5:30 a.m.. I enjoyed all my job so much. – less
I processed and underwrote files
Sr. Processor & Underwriter (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: not being able to do as much as a smaller company could for clients
I worked alone most of the day. I processed for loan officer he was one of the top loan officers. We had only so many products for customers it was sometimes hard getting them into the product that they really needed. I enjoyed working there. The people seemed very nice and helpful I learned a lot about the surrounding areas.
Long standing institution with great employees!
Commercial Lending (Current Employee), Troy, MIDecember 30, 2013
Pros: multiple locations throughout michigan
Cons: nothing that isnt easy to work around
Work hours are flexible allowing an employee the ability to work around family time.
Wonderful people in this organization!
Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 29, 2013
Enjoyed working for this company very much. I would still be working there if I had not relocated.

I learned a great deal from the wonderful people in this organization.

I moved up quickly and appreciated the trust and chance for advancement.
Escrow Department at Independent Bank
Escrow Representative (Former Employee), Ionia, MIJuly 31, 2013
The Escrow department at Independent Bank was extremely hectic. We had a high amount of turn over due to the stress. The job itself was very interesting.
Pretty good
Teller (Former Employee), Gaylord, MIJuly 18, 2013
It was a good job. I learned how to handle cash responsibly. It was a decent work environment. I like the bankers hours 9-5.
horrible
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 17, 2013
just horrible treatment by managment,. would not send anyone to work there. love to harass you and make you cry every day.
Five Stars
Merchant Teller (Former Employee), EncinoJuly 1, 2013
Pros: cash deposits
Cons: dirty monies
Very busy at work because I was a merchant teller at that time, always had lots of cash from merchant customers, the manager was awesome that I would love to work with him again because he always be there when we need him, funny, and very professional. The hardest part of the job was too much cash deposit and the most enjoyabled when I know I balanced – more... my cash box. – less
good place to work, love my co-workers, and environment
Float Teller (Current Employee), Newaygo MIJanuary 23, 2013
I was recently let go from my postion due to job cuts. I was offerd another position with the bank and did take it. I do enjoy working for them and my job.
working as a crew member
Teller (Former Employee), Potterville, MIJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: free food any time you wanted
Cons: no medical
As a crew member i was in charge of perperations of the food and taken care of the orders
Enjoyed the other employees that I worked with. Everyone helped each other.
Teller (Former Employee), Cedar Springs, MIJanuary 17, 2013
For the most part I deposited or withdrew money for customers in the bank and through the drive-thru.

About Independent Bank

Independent Bank Corporation is a bank holding company. The Company owns the outstanding stock of Independent Bank (the Bank). – Read more