Independent Electric Supply, Inc. was opened in 1976, as a ten employee distributorship, serving the needs of electrical contractors laboring in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, Independent Electric Supply is an award-winning firm, ranked twelfth in size among the "Top 200" distributors in the nation. Independent is a $400 million plus per year business, with thirty full-service electrical locations, and three specialty division houses. We employ over 400 persons, and deliver materials from over 600,000 square feet of efficiently managed warehouse space.
Independent Electric Supply is a "Customer Obsessed Company." No customer too small. No customer too large. Whatever your needs, we have the personnel, the materials, the service, and the desire, to assist you in your pursuit of profit.
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate payment on accounts under his or her control.
NATURE OF WORK:
- Investigate customer queries with quick resolve.
- Make timely collection calls that drive favorable DSO results.
- Determine appropriate legal action to ensure maximum and timely recovery.
- Maintain accounts receivable client files.
- Periodically review posting applications for accuracy.
- Monitor customer payment irregularities to ensure appropriate action, and resolve.
- Review and approve new credit applications.
- Set up new accounts.
- Liaison with legal support groups.
- Work closely and provide timely follow-up to branch managers, sales representatives and/or branch support staff.
- Provide timely updates to direct report/s for all potential customer legal or loss issues.
- Complete various projects as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving and decision –making skills
- Stress tolerance
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years Credit experience preferred
- Prior experience with Financial Statement Ratios
- Prior experience with Construction Accounting and Lien Laws preferred
- Knowledge of accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures.
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (PC. Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Power Point).
- Proficient at 10-key
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience (managed at least 200 accounts).
- Proficient in analyzing client financial statements and interpreting credit reporting data (i.e. D&B/Experian reports).
401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more!
Independent is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V