Independent Health Employee Reviews

Temp Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 17, 2017
Just a temp position enrolling clients into health insurance. Company is laid back and fun environment. Great management! Great coworkers and not to hard.
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 7, 2017
my time there was very enjoyable. loved the place and what they offered thier employees. wish they would hire me again i do miss the place and everything they have to offer.
Great Place to learn about Healthcare
Business Report Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2017
A very family like environment. This was a good place to learn about healthcare. The management however plays favorites and it is very obvious. They are big advocates of walking meetings.
Typical day
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 17, 2017
The people were nice and helpful while working here at Independent Health. I was a contractor, so there wasn't any room for advancement. The manager could be rude at times, since she only liked her favorite people I thought I couldn't stand a chance being employed there for long. It's sad the hardworking people get pushed aside and ignored while the lazy employees got the upper hand. Is this what it's like to work at a corporate job? This sucks! Management could use a kick in the pants and consequences for people who don't work at all.
Pros
I get a paycheck at the end of the week
Cons
Management favortism, too many time spent in meetings, no recognition
web interface more interactive with customers.
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2017
As per my work up to now any where i didn't seriously face typically days in my work part every day in work is achieving something new.

In IH i explore my self as great talented.
Cons
healthcare.
loved promoting health and wellness
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2017
I loved waking up every day, working out, training clients, and coaching clients through to their best levels of health and fitness. I just needed more experience to sustain my business.
Pros
immersed in health and fitness
Cons
tough to sustain
Provider Networks Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2017
Excellent location close to main highways. Great atmosphere. Always had a work life balance. Management was always helpful with with work or even in your personal life.
good experience obtained
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2017
learned a great deal about administering healthcare in a competitive yet highly government regulated marketplace,

enjoyed ensuring healthcare was made available to both small companies and individuals as well as to large corporations
Pros
espirit de corp
Cons
limited salary growth opportunity
Helped Medicare eligible
"Red Shirt" (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 19, 2017
Met with Medicare eligible people, outlined firm's Medicare Advantage plans. Good management and caring work culture. Learned customer contact skills.
Dedicated team and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Job assignment is member-focused.
We always 'do the right thing' for our member/client.
This job requires a confidential review of client medical needs, some questions about financial status, referrals to appropriate additional services as indicated.
Our goal is to maintain and increase Medicare insurance sales during the annual open enrollment period. To review needs, assess plan availability and how our plans would perform for each client.
Customer/member satusfaction is always the top priority.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons

Want to know more about Independent Health?

Ask a question
Good job
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Love helping people get healthy and seeing them make a life changing decision and wanting to live longer and enjoy life it's a blessing working at a gym.
Pros
Change lives
Cons
Not enough clients
A typical day at work
Customer Service Specialist - Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 12, 2016
A typical day at work includes providing members with accurate information regarding their health plans. I enjoy solving issues and handling concerns that our member's may have
My client served me tea and coffee. And let put on tv when she was napping. And shared her meals with me.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 7, 2016
My client was very kind and generous. And she always offered me a meal or a drink. My client was very happy of my work. She would take me on my disability bus and help do my groceries and while I did mine she did her own shopping.
Pros
Free lunch. Borrow books. Lovely music. Quiet and peaceful.
Cons
Very talkative and always bragging.
not a good place to work the past few years
Claims Review/Adjudicator Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 4, 2016
worked there for many years and was the best company !. with new system , Health Rules it is very stressful , horrible system , very detailed. QA standards are very hard to reach and maintain. co-workers are wonderful . benefits are great!
Pros
great co workers, great benefits
Cons
stressful to reach high standards of QA and horrible system !
Good environment
Claims Adjudicator, Document Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 25, 2016
I was hired as a temp. So I am not full time so I don't have any benefits and can be let go at any time. This can be scary. Going on 6 months almost. Other than that the job is fun. I am a quick learner so it's easy for me. My co-workers are really friendly and fun to be around. The workload isn't to bad once you get the hang of things and have a normal routine down. I start off processing general claims that goes until lunch. After lunch I process rejection letters for providers followed by corro claims after until the end of the day.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 7, 2016
customer service
link customers with other departments
medicare guidelines
medicaid guidelines
high call volume
friendly co-workers
satisfaction
Working with clients and seeing them do fir themselves
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2016
I like this company . The staff was very easy to get along with. Plus I love the way they treated me the years I've worked there.
Salesforce Developer and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2016
Work Environment is very cool, not much pressure on work. we do have work from home option too. which is one of my best. had a great time
Management by default
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 24, 2016
Co-workers are very nice and hard-working. Management could benefit from coaching and learning how to engage in a cross-functional environment.

Hardest part of job is sitting in open space, in a call center-like environment without any privacy.
Risky Buisness
Independent Nurse (Geriatrics) (Current Employee) –  Caguas Zona Urbana, PRJune 22, 2016
Being an Independent Nurse is great. I love attending and caring other people mostly when I refer to the elderly people. Most of them have family but are not being attended and they need the attention. I'm a kind of person that gives that attention. But as I wrote above is a risky buisness and lately it doesn't pay for your work. Family members when they contract you they want you for more. Not to give a direct patient care but they want at times a housekeeper. But the profesion is Great and you learn alot.
Pros
Being your own boss. Choose any patient and place. Work your own days.Direct patient care.
Cons
Underpaid. Risking your license. People that contract want nurse/servants/housekeeper.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Health. Our community is ready to answer.