Independent Health Employee Reviews in United States

Management by default
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 24, 2016
Co-workers are very nice and hard-working. Management could benefit from coaching and learning how to engage in a cross-functional environment.

Hardest part of job is sitting in open space, in a call center-like environment without any privacy.
Risky Buisness
Independent Nurse (Geriatrics) (Current Employee) –  Caguas Zona Urbana, PRJune 22, 2016
Being an Independent Nurse is great. I love attending and caring other people mostly when I refer to the elderly people. Most of them have family but are not being attended and they need the attention. I'm a kind of person that gives that attention. But as I wrote above is a risky buisness and lately it doesn't pay for your work. Family members when they contract you they want you for more. Not to give a direct patient care but they want at times a housekeeper. But the profesion is Great and you learn alot.
Pros
Being your own boss. Choose any patient and place. Work your own days.Direct patient care.
Cons
Underpaid. Risking your license. People that contract want nurse/servants/housekeeper.
negative work enivorment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 20, 2016
Negative Work Environment , No follow up for clients...the patients never received follow ups ,,,there no personal one on one time....no communication
Pros
make own hours
Cons
not enough pay...
Post Production support
Senior ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 14, 2016
Typically day starts with, Monitoring service desk Queue, Informatica Workflow Monitor. Work on all production tickets on the priority basis. Small team, very close towards working together in resolving the post production issues.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 13, 2016
Great training, very professional team, good benefits. Many opprotunities for advancement. Would definately work for this employer again
Great company to work for
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 8, 2016
Lots of opportunities to learn and advance Met a lot of fantastic and knowledgeable individuals and was a great learning experience.
Hired from tempory work from Superior Staffing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 23, 2016
From the time I was hired there was a constant change of management -constant change of duties. This was ever changing, I worked for 4 Managers in 18 months.
Pros
People
Cons
My suoervisor changed 4 times in 18 months
• Worked as a Build Engineer for a team that involves three different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases. • Integrated the
SCM/Build Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2016
• Integrated the existing Ant scripts to automate the code quality report generation process for the existing legacy based applications
• Responsible for deploying the application WARs in Weblogic application servers and troubleshoot any deployment issue.
• Used ANT for building the applications and developing the build scripts, from existing Shell scripts.
I loved the people I worked with
Servicing Advocate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 1, 2016
I was afforded many opportunities with Independent Health, most recently a Servicing Advocate
I enjoyed my job, the people I worked with. At times it was very fast paced & hectic.
The hardest part of the job was being empathetic all the time. It is a very stressful environment & this was not an easy task.
Pros
Bonuses, Associates day, holiday party
Cons
shortage of employees & delegation of duties
Great place to work steady paced environment
Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 16, 2016
I learned many new applications that are used by for business operations. A typical day at work included upgrading, updating, or implementing new software for better functionality of software used everyday. Management was very understanding of life events. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. My hands on training wasn't in some class it was done with the people who knew the software and hardware inside and out. The hardest part of the job was having more than 3 projects or meetings ongoing at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I can get all my tasks completed before a deadline even if they sometimes coexisted.
Pros
ability to take time off for life events, dr's appointments, child birth, etc
Cons
lack of advancement if not in business department
productive and fun workplace
ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 22, 2015
the best work place for a quick learners, friendly environment.
multiple projects in taking client with a big team work .
Excellent place to learn
Manager, Health Promotions and Member Engagement (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 22, 2015
learned how to manage self and others; excellent, committed staff on my personal team and in many other departments;
Hardest part of my job is the systems we work in and somewhat narrow focus of interventions;
most enjoyable part of the job was the passion of some team members for working with our member population
Pros
good work culture
Cons
limited in innovatiion when comes to program development
friendly, professional environment with a good team
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 11, 2015
very typical professional IT job developing the website for a quality healthcare company
management gives plenty of latitude for workers to do their job while providing clear guidance
Pros
great environment, professional atmosphere
High Tempo Workplace in a Very Challenging Industry
Director of Market Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 30, 2015
IH is in high tempo workplace in an industry that changes almost daily. This industry is not for the faint of heart nor for those looking for long term security. While there is great opportunity to learn, the company is not afraid to pivot on a dime. That change can result in a quick loss of jobs.
Pros
You are on the forefront of a challenging industry
Cons
Changes require almost daily changes and job changes.
Positive and efficent work enviorment.
SYSTEM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 27, 2015
The company provides a positive and friendly work environment. Diversity can be improved within the employee population. Management is helpful and constructive to employees.
Pros
Good work enviorment, Good Leadership
Cons
Low diversity
Technically challenging but not a clear understanding of business requirements.
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 16, 2015
Working for a Health Insurance company is pretty interesting given the complexity of health insurance and the number of customers and providers Independent Health catered to. I designed a variety of solution, from low latency real time transactions to highly scaled automated batch processes.
I worked with some very innovative and hard working software developers, but the problem was the lack of understanding the business had about software development and the different facets involved in it and what an agile SDLC process worked. This led to complications and a lot of software being developed in haste.
Pros
Innovative technology, complicated challenging solutions
Cons
Lack of understanding of software development by the business, unrealistic timelines
Cares about employees
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 13, 2015
Management is excellent. Many employee appreciation events. Work was challenging, interesting. Overall a great company to work for.
Independent Health was an interesting and challenging place to work
Managing Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2015
Excellent company to work for. While with Independent Health provided guidance in the development and deployment of a clustered WAS and MQ environment. There were several environments which were deployed
Would not recommend this employer
Management (Former Employee) –  Williamsville NYMarch 23, 2015
High stress environment. Staff has to jump through hoops just to "achieve" as 2% raise. Overworked, and understaffed is the best way to describe all areas of the organization. The primary reason staff stay is for the generous benefit structure.
benefits
Cons
not adequately staffed, too many software applications, poor management decisions
N/a
Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  BuffaloMarch 9, 2015
High Call volumes, multi-tasking. Patience is needed. Training is excellent. Customer Service almost a dead end you will have to work hard to excell