Independent Health Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive and Caring
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Independent Health was a great place to work. This company truly cares about their members and employees at every level. Independent Health seems to do the right thing when it comes to it's members. even if it means costs will be raised. They want to give them great value, but also the best customer service with the read shirt treatment.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
A lot of turnover
Relaxed environment with great benefits
System Administrator, Service Operations Center (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Independent Health had a relaxed "family" type environment where team building, compassion and innovation were part of our core values.
The benefits were wonderful as Health, Dental and Vision coverage was provided.
stressful
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOSeptember 6, 2017
I didnt know when I worked and when I didnt work. It changed to much for me to know when where and time for me to be at work. it was a good job but it just wasnt very good for commucation.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Great work atmosphere. Supportive management that cares about employees and career advancement. Good work life balance.
Lower salary , but excellent inexpensive health benefits and generous PTO!
Excellent Employer
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wintersville, OHJuly 11, 2017
Trusted and had the utmost confidence in me to properly and safely care for her mother. Had a nice, clean working enviroment which I also maintained along with my daily responsibilities.
Pros
Very good employer to work for.
Cons
Often felt spied upon for no reason which was fine with me.
Great Place to work
IT Audit Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2017
Independent Health is a great place to work - flexible schedule and good benefits. Relaxed culture and friendly people. Teams work well together. Communication between management and associates could use improvement.
Temp Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 17, 2017
Just a temp position enrolling clients into health insurance. Company is laid back and fun environment. Great management! Great coworkers and not to hard.
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 7, 2017
my time there was very enjoyable. loved the place and what they offered thier employees. wish they would hire me again i do miss the place and everything they have to offer.
Great Place to learn about Healthcare
Business Report Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2017
A very family like environment. This was a good place to learn about healthcare. The management however plays favorites and it is very obvious. They are big advocates of walking meetings.
Typical day
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 17, 2017
The people were nice and helpful while working here at Independent Health. I was a contractor, so there wasn't any room for advancement. The manager could be rude at times, since she only liked her favorite people I thought I couldn't stand a chance being employed there for long. It's sad the hardworking people get pushed aside and ignored while the lazy employees got the upper hand. Is this what it's like to work at a corporate job? This sucks! Management could use a kick in the pants and consequences for people who don't work at all.
Pros
I get a paycheck at the end of the week
Cons
Management favortism, too many time spent in meetings, no recognition
web interface more interactive with customers.
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2017
As per my work up to now any where i didn't seriously face typically days in my work part every day in work is achieving something new.

In IH i explore my self as great talented.
Cons
healthcare.
loved promoting health and wellness
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2017
I loved waking up every day, working out, training clients, and coaching clients through to their best levels of health and fitness. I just needed more experience to sustain my business.
Pros
immersed in health and fitness
Cons
tough to sustain
Provider Networks Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2017
Excellent location close to main highways. Great atmosphere. Always had a work life balance. Management was always helpful with with work or even in your personal life.
good experience obtained
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2017
learned a great deal about administering healthcare in a competitive yet highly government regulated marketplace,

enjoyed ensuring healthcare was made available to both small companies and individuals as well as to large corporations
Pros
espirit de corp
Cons
limited salary growth opportunity
Helped Medicare eligible
"Red Shirt" (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 19, 2017
Met with Medicare eligible people, outlined firm's Medicare Advantage plans. Good management and caring work culture. Learned customer contact skills.
Dedicated team and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Job assignment is member-focused.
We always 'do the right thing' for our member/client.
This job requires a confidential review of client medical needs, some questions about financial status, referrals to appropriate additional services as indicated.
Our goal is to maintain and increase Medicare insurance sales during the annual open enrollment period. To review needs, assess plan availability and how our plans would perform for each client.
Customer/member satusfaction is always the top priority.
Pros
Flexibility
Good job
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Love helping people get healthy and seeing them make a life changing decision and wanting to live longer and enjoy life it's a blessing working at a gym.
Pros
Change lives
Cons
Not enough clients
A typical day at work
Customer Service Specialist - Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 12, 2016
A typical day at work includes providing members with accurate information regarding their health plans. I enjoy solving issues and handling concerns that our member's may have
My client served me tea and coffee. And let put on tv when she was napping. And shared her meals with me.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 7, 2016
My client was very kind and generous. And she always offered me a meal or a drink. My client was very happy of my work. She would take me on my disability bus and help do my groceries and while I did mine she did her own shopping.
Pros
Free lunch. Borrow books. Lovely music. Quiet and peaceful.
Cons
Very talkative and always bragging.
not a good place to work the past few years
Claims Review/Adjudicator Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 4, 2016
worked there for many years and was the best company !. with new system , Health Rules it is very stressful , horrible system , very detailed. QA standards are very hard to reach and maintain. co-workers are wonderful . benefits are great!
Pros
great co workers, great benefits
Cons
stressful to reach high standards of QA and horrible system !