Independent Living Services Employee Reviews

very productive
Recycle Processor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 3, 2018
a typical day is shredding paper or preparing to recycle paper I learned communication skills and haw to get a long with my coworkers I like shredding the hardest part was at first I was really shy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks are short
Great Place
Community Skills trainer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 11, 2018
I've worked here for years and its great. The company cares about its employees as well as its consumers. Its so laid back long as you do your job you will be there forever.
Pros
working alone, a raise every year
Awsome fun work place
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2017
Everyone was always nice very friendly . Always had a smile on my face helped children with early development etc. Overall had an amazing experience & learned alot .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Non
Fantastic group of compassionate individuals
Sensory Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 4, 2017
Easily the best job I've ever had. Management is fantastic, and all the staff takes their job very seriously. You wont find a group of people more compassionate about the work they do than you will there.
Productive enviroment
Community Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 24, 2017
It was a breeze. You ultimately help with caring for specific individuals. The care plan varied by what the need was for the resident. The assignments often varied because there were some in-home ans others in apartment styled living.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
wages, hours
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 16, 2017
Caretakers at ILS take care of children with Autism on a daily basis. Going through different programs to help teach each kid on how to live a normal and fulfilling life. I cooked for 25 people each day while taking care of 2 of the 12 kids with Autism. My daily job was to bathe, clothes, feed and watch over the two kids I was assigned to.
Pros
Helping kids with special needs
I enjoy the patients and other staff.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Kingsport TNOctober 16, 2017
I enjoy the patients and other staff, but I am looking for a position with advancement and more stable and predictable hours. I do not mind the cleaning and patient care associated with this job
Pros
Seeing patients
Cons
No benefits such as health dental etc.
clients were wonderful
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2017
typical day at work included having group with the residents, I would implement group just in case their was any discussion that needed to be addressed being that everyone resides under the same roof their should be no difficulties of open honest communication, hardest part of the job was keeping down conflict.
Pros
postive intervention
Cons
employment forresidents
Wonderful Work Experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Anna, ILAugust 5, 2017
When it comes to working for Independent Living Services, a typical day is never typical. Paperwork is always waiting, but what fills the space in between can never be predicted. ILS has been the best learning experience that I could have ever asked for, teaching me a level of patience, compassion and understanding that I don't feel that I would have achieved without the very valuable lessons taught to me by my clients. Management members at ILS are very kind. All praise is given promptly and all criticism is constructive.
The most enjoyable part of being an employee for ILS is getting the opportunity to watch my clients progress in different ways, such as learning names of their medications or being able to shower themselves without assistance. In turn, the most difficult part of the job comes when your client is trying to communicate a need or want of their's to you and you do not understand. When this happens, ILS staff will come together as a team to understand the client and meet their needs and wants.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
health benefits
Productive and Fun
Wavier (Former Employee) –  Conway, AR 72034July 20, 2017
Working at ILS is a good stepping stone if you want to work in home health. Having the experience working there is great because you have different people to work with.
Was a Great place to work until of course change of mgmt came.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 27, 2017
It was absolutely a great place to work and I honestly loved my job. Mgmt is unprofessional and very clique. I worked there for a number of years and been thru 1 turnover. I am thankful for all the knowledge I gained.
Pros
Consumers
Awful
PCA (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAApril 7, 2017
This agency is just like any other, no employee appreciation. It's feast or famine, you are either overworked and they want to keep piling more clients on, or you get ZERO hours. If you fall ill and need to call off, you get a terrible attitude, if they call you on your day off to cover (which happens frequently) and you can't do it, they give you an attitude. I gave this company 1 star because ZERO wasn't an option.
Pros
Cons
no stability, poor attitude from office staff, no employee recognition/apprectiation, low pay
Laid back place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Anna, ILMarch 23, 2017
Enjoy working with clients. Staff pleasant. Pay good. Need more incentives‚Äčto keep employees. Has a BIG turnover rate. Homes are new & clean. Owners have employees backs.
Easygoing company
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Independent Living is a great company to work for. They will train you and make sure you understand everything. There is not really any part that's hard. I worked for a good friend and the most enjoyable part was being able to get my job done then spend time with my good friend!
Pros
She gave me a short break when needed
Cons
Other family members
Very good Company
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Anna IllinoisMay 29, 2015
I did personal care cooked and cleaned for mental health clients. I learned about more mental disabilities and how to deal with each one on an individual basis. The management was very hands on with the clients. My coworkers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning what the individual clients needs were. I enjoyed working with the clients and spending time with them.
Productive and fun workspace
Community Life Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 14, 2015
The joy that you are able to bring to the lives of the patients here is remarkable. You truly make a difference here. The shifts are very managable and the staff members are easy to get along with. Great work enviroment.
This was a flexible work environment
Patient Care Worker/Waiver (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 11, 2015
I would come to my patients house and assist with daily living skills, money management, toileting and assisting with activities.
very nice place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Overall great place to work, learned new skills, really enjoyed my clients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
office relocating
great place to work
Profiles Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 5, 2013
on a daily basis dealing with people about plans need for each individual on their plan that is prepared by me to obtain growth of some kind. interacting with department on safety issues. Very enjoyable place to work. the hardest part of the job is when some passes away.
Pros
help people with services that they did not know about
Cons
not being able to help some because of some circumstance
clean and oragined up beat
DSP (Former Employee) –  annaFebruary 6, 2013
its always a learning experience from new rules and regulations to diets an menus. it can be strssful at times an the co workers can cause issues but that is with any job...
Pros
the clients
Cons
not a lot of advancment