JOB TITLE: Case Manager (Mental Health Support)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Services (DOS) / Clinician
This position involves the provision of an array of training, support, and ADL services with a minimum amount of counseling conducted within the community setting. Case managers are responsible for all client related documentation and reports as well as the development and implementation of treatment goals and objectives. Facilitating peer support groups as needed is also expected. On a monthly basis, 95.0% of the services provided are to be in the form of direct involvement with client and/or their family members. Remaining hours will consist of conducting service coordination and administrative duties. Position reports directly to DOS.
1. Case manager will participate in initial assessment of client/family situations and ongoing monthly reports following the approved format.
2. Participate in the service plan within the initial thirty-day period.
3. Monitor length of client services and notify referral sources prior to the completion of ninety-day period to determine if continuation is necessary.
4. Have weekly contact with the Referring Agency.
5. Arrange for weekly case supervision with clinical supervisor.
6. Act as a co-leader of parenting and peer support groups as needed.
7. Act as the liaison between family, referring agencies, and other community organizations.
8. Coordinate client services between various agencies.
9. Maintain case records and document services rendered.
10. Attend weekly staff meetings consistently. Prior approval from management team is required when absent.
11. Prior to the end of each Ninety-day service period, coordinate and facilitate a staffing for the client, inviting the family of the client, the Referral Source, representation from other pertinent agencies providing services and supervision.
12. Maintain high degree of client confidentiality.
13. Work with other staff assigned to cases, communicating effectively.
14. Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the community, with clients, and with referring agencies seeking to build and maintain positive relationships.
15. Assist in providing Individual and Family counseling services to clients in the home and community settings.
16. Assist in providing Crisis Intervention as needed.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE OF:
Oral and written communication
Service Plan Development and Implementation
Report Writing and Other Client Documentation
TRAININGS and CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid DMV license
Applicant has to be a “Mental Health Worker/QMHP” with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an unrelated field; that includes at least 15 semester credits in a human services field. In addition, who has at least three years successful clinical work experience (direct services to individuals with a mental illness, intellectual disability, receiving gerontology or special education services) with young adults and older in the field of institutional management, social work, education or other allied discipline. 12 VAC 35-105-420.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CENTRAL REGISTRY CHECK.
THIS IS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITION BEGINNING AT $18/HR.