Independent Living Solutions Employee Reviews

Ideal for a student
Acquired Brain Injury Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 12, 2016
The job is very easy going. There's a lot of down time. The pay is very low. This isn't a company you can stay at and make a career out of. But it's low intensity and a lot of the clients are great people. So it may be a great fit for a lot of people looking for work, especially students.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
Job but not a career
Helping clients be able to deal with day to day life skills and be successful.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VirginiaSeptember 6, 2015
Enjoy my clients easy to get along with and welling to try new things to be successful. Have to get clients to try new things so they can build skills so when I leave them they can be successful on their own.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment.
Cons
Not enough clients.
Productive and a place to learn and grow
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 6, 2015
From my experience this company has a good mission statement and has grown to become a leader in the field of direct care.
Productive Workplace
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VaAugust 5, 2015
Excellent workplace, enjoy giving back to people who cannot help their self. Staff and management work together to get all of clients needs met at a timely manner.
Companion
Companion Assistant, (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 29, 2015
A typical day at Independent Living Solutions is being assigned to a companion for that particular day in helping him or her daily living chores or activities. I have learned that there is customer service side but also a side where you have to be humane and showing patience and compassion to clients who are developmental disabled. I found the Management to be quite supportive during my time of employment at Independent Living Solutions. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the personalities and how they can vary from one individual to another.The most enjoyable part of the job is how my contributions or insight help these individuals make improvements in their productive lives.
Pros
Change of work environment when dealing with clients.
Cons
Dealing with personality issues when they arise with a client.
Wonderful Population to work with
House Manger A.B.I (Former Employee) –  Durham CTDecember 9, 2014
Make sure all staff and clients are accounted for
Discuss all incidents with prior shift staff
Check schedules for the week
Locate all meds and make sure they are up to date
Learned how to run a house and multitask even better when working with a clients and handling all my responsibilities
My co-workers were wonderful, I trained them all personally
Hardest part of the job was upper management not being aware of all aspects of the job and not willing to give me the power required to do my job to the best of my ability
The best part was working with the clients I had. and figuring out new ways to get the job done
Great staff very flexible
Assistant/Secretary/ Adult Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 4, 2014
Overall this company has allowed me to excel within the company. As a result I was given flexible hours to work around personal schedules and life. Company gave me experience and support working and interacting with their clients. Supervisor admired my work ethic and pleased with being available on as needed basis when asked.
Pros
1 hour lunches provided
Cons
short staff and not being given proper notice to in sure client services needed
worked one on one in clients house
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 11, 2012
I enjoy working with individuals one on one, helping them move closer to their goals and dreams.It gives me great satisfaction to see where they started to where they ended.To see there self esteem exceed.
Pros
total freedom
Cons
not enough hours
Helping a physically disabled woman in her place of residence
Home Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 5, 2012
Was there for half of an hour, most of the time, helping her in the bathroom. Used a hoyer lift to get her in and out of her wheelchair. Every other weekend, was there for 1-2 hrs., in the morning, both days. Would return at night, to help her get ready for bed. Assisted her Wednesday through Friday, when it was not my weekend to help her. My days off were Monday and Tuesday. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after her when she had an accident. The easiest part of the job was getting her in and out of bed and dressing her.
Pros
visiting with her while i was there working.
Cons
just paid mileage and paid holidays were the only benefits.