INDEPENDENT LIVING SYSTEMS Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management, extremely high case load
Long Term Senior Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 2, 2015
An average case load of patients at this company is 129 per case manger. I learned how to efficiently multi-task at this company. You have to have great time management skills because there is little or no support from upper management when there are issues. The hardest part of the job is that you work out in the community, however, the equipment provided, never works efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and their families.
Diverse work enviorment that had always something new to teach us which made it fun to have in a typical day at work.
Trainer of the CCU Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2015
Good team work and support from management which made a work day full of learning experience. Numerous amount of possibilities of growth that made working hard very rewarding.
Pros
Possiblity of growth on a daily bases.
Cons
Not enough hours in a day of work and a bit stressful when proyect deadline
Summary
Care Coordination Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at work was busy and productive daily. I learned a lot more about insurance coverage, to be more detail orientated, how to compose a better more detailed email when breaking things down to upper management. Management was helpful when you needed the information. My co-workers made the going to work just that more fun. the hardest part of the job is making sure that we stayed in compliance at all times and satisfy the plans with the contractual agreements that where made. the most enjoyable part of the job was when the all priorities where met and everyone was on the same game plan.
Great place to get a start
Health Risk Assessment Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at ILS. The only thing keeping me from staying was the distance from home. The pay and benefits were worth the work put in, which starting off, was nothing outrageous.
workforce reduction
Vice President of Health Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2015
due to reduction in client contracts, company had a workforce reduction. Significant amount of long day-to-day hours to address operational and client issues.
Pros
state of the art senior services for independent living
Cons
workforce reduction
Love my co-workers
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  miami, flSeptember 15, 2015
Great people to work with. Our team is the best and everyone works great together.
We started off small and grew to where we are today all together as a team.
Pros
The knowledge that I acquired
Required too much work in the evening
LTSS Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook, IlSeptember 30, 2015
Nice people, easy to move up if you are a workaholic but too much is expected of you and things change everyday. Benefits are not that great.
Productive and Rewarding Position.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLoridaApril 7, 2015
This position allows me to make a difference in one person's life. It is very important to keep everyone healthy, so it is rewarding when I am able to contribute to good health. My co- workers are very welcoming and team oriented. The job itself is active and non stop. The experience with patients are all different and very exciting. Overall, this is a job that I have truly enjoyed and they have taught me so much about the medical field.
not a lot of opportunities to grow
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
work load not well managed but management rate everyone the same , flexible work environment however employees are micro managed and that makes sacrifices on the productivity and results at the end of the day
Great Company to work
Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 17, 2015
As long as you do your work everything its excellent, excellent work environment , Everyone is very friendly.

Great opportunities to improve your life
Ils
Coordinator/ Care Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2015
This company was very organized. I learned many things about the healthcare industry as well as management. On a daily basis received orders from Nurses and input information into the system as well as coordinate delivery of meals and incontinence supplies. The location was beautiful and the people were all very professional.
Great location & people/Management to work with
Case Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Miami FLMay 12, 2015
I work in Case Management Dept and help members with issues and resolve cases on a timely manner. Great coworkers. Everyone works as a Team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No advancement
great opportunity
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2015
working at ILS gave me great customer service experience and speaking to the client one on one, checking to see what the clients needed and wanted and what was necessary for the clients health.
Fast paced work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2014
My Day started at 7am and ended at 5 pm
I learned how to manage multiple customers as the same time
management and co workers were great I got along very well with everyone.
the hardest part of the job was informing customers there services would be discontinued
the most enjoyable part was informing members they were eligible for free food benefits
Pros
approving customers
Cons
denying customers
No advancement opportunities for non-Hispanic employees.
Nurse Transition Coach/ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2014
I would like to begin by stating that I enjoyed my job job, and the lives that I impacted. I also appreciated having a manager that I could identify with. My salary was great, and so was my schedule. However, if your non-Hispanic, advancement opportunities were pretty much non-existent. During lay-offs those retained were Hispanic, including those less experienced. I do agree that ILS is an equal opportunity employer, but primarily to Latinos.
Pros
salary, schedule
Cons
lack of racial diversity
Fast paced in new territory
Provider Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church VAJuly 25, 2014
Worked with Independent Living Systems (ILS), contracted by Humana, to develop a network of long term care (LTC) providers that need to be enrolled through the new integrated care project for the federally-mandated Medicare-Medicaid Alignment program
Rewarding company to work for if you enjoy a start up type environment, which suits me. Learned a lot about health plans and the health insurance world.
Most challenging aspect of my job was the lack of strength in numbers. Hiring support staff was slow to start, but it gave me the opportunity to learn other areas associated to a health plan.
My colleagues were true professionals and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
was able to work from home
Cons
alot of technical issues with databases, email, etc.
Great pay, terrible benefits and bad executive management team
Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
Nepotism is very rampant amongst the executive leadership. The company is trying to grow quickly and in doing so has cut many corners. Lack of proper organization has caused the company to pay penalties in contracts.
Pros
good salary for managment
Cons
low pay for primary staff. high cost benefits being it's a health based company. bad leadership.
Very poor management and extremely low wages for Social Services.
Social Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 4, 2012
Typical day at work very busy, mentored between 3-5 clients daily. I learned a lot being a social services worker. I love working with others and making a life changing difference in their lives. Very self rewarding to see my clients excel. Very unproffesional management team, did not have direct co-workers. I worked out on the field solo with the clients. Sometimes I worked very long hours 12-15 hours per day which could included a lot of driving. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching my clients succeed in tasks and progress to eventually graduate the program and becoming "Independent".
Pros
bonus
Cons
low wages, bad management, no benefits, no advancement.
Growing Company with Great Mission
Management (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 26, 2013
Company is involved with many new start ups. They hire great talent with knowledge in the area & allow them to develop the program based on market need. The future is unlimited as aging boomers want to remain in the community. Partnering with health plans to maximize member functioning while meeting HEDIS & other quality measures is good business.
Pros
Growth potential, member centric
Cons
Fast growth
Amazing Work place.
Call Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJuly 18, 2012
A Typical day at ILS is Coming in 10 mins Early and logging in, Grabbing Coffee and Getting Stright to Work not stopping until 4:30
Something that i Learned form ILS is the Customer is always Right even if there Wrong.
The Management team Was Super, they did Everything in thier power to ensure we were constantly in a safe drug free work enviroment.
My co-workers were people i could call my true friends we would often get together After work for Lunch or a movie.
The most difficult part of my job was turning people down for free mealseven though i knew they needed it there plan did not cover it.
the Absolute Most Enjoyable part was Everyday, i enjoyed being there Everyday getting to work and laugh with friends is somthing ill always treasure.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
very short breaks

2.9