Independent Living Employee Reviews

MLTC is a new fronteir
case management (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2016
Typical day at work goes by very quickly due to the amount of work and the fast pace.

MLTC is new to Long-Term Care. Learning about the benefits of MLTC to low income population.

Management changes

Co-workers are highly dedicated to the population served, each other, and being as productive as possible.

The hardest part of the job is not having important information to complete job correctly.

Enjoyable part of the job is having an impact of quality of life for those served.
Teaching Required Skills
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 15, 2016
The work environment consisted of working with at risk young adults in a dormitory setting. The students were advised on a daily basis and given the opportunity to participate in independent living skills in an effort to prepare for successful reentry into mainstream society. The students were at risk based on their inability to navigate with the norms of society. In many cases the students were mandated by the state to the Job Corp. It was challenging to work with these individuals, yet there were many rewards as well. I personally witnessed many young adults change their lives and become productive citizens upon completing the required programs.
Pros
Witnessing lives change in a positive manner
Cons
Watching young people give up before they gave themselves a fair chance.
The pay is fair. The work hours are flexile. The caseloads are unrealistic.
Field Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work included completing monthly face to face assessments/visits for authorization for long tern care services at skilled nursing facilities, consulting with medical and social services staff at nursing facilities, and and locating community-based resources that members may need or desire. The hardest part of the job is managing extremely heavy case loads.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Extremely heavy caseloads.
Great company but stressful environment
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MiamiAugust 18, 2016
Great company, work is stressful and high intensity.
would feel better is there was the opportunity to promote from within.
There is not, so all the hard work is icing and has not real bearing on your ability to promote and grow. Very little promotion or upward mobility available.
Pros
Great opportunity and cause in assisting the elderly & those w/ chronic health issues
Cons
stressful with little compensation or upward mobility
Demanding and tiring
Rural Advocate (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOSeptember 12, 2016
You have to stay positive and have a good heart it can be very demanding. On a client bad day it may seem hard to deal with but it does get better. You learn Patients and a lot of understanding. This is a one on one job you go to there homes. it is just you and the personm you taking care of.
Pros
Knowing you made a differnce in somenone life.
Cons
dealing with temperment
Patience
Waiver (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 17, 2016
If you do not have patience, please do not apply. Working with developmental individuals (who are mentally and physically) handicapped can be trying at times. It takes patience and time to first understand how their minds work. Then you will need to be creative in how you attempt to teach them life skills.
Pros
management listens
Cons
specified programs
Never Again.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 6, 2016
My employment went very well at first with this company. It was very convenient for me because my client was my neighbor (whom we helped anyway), I was also pregnant so it made it easier to travel. I would just simply clean for my neighbor and take her to pay her bills or take her to grocery store. Everything really did start out nice. Things started going extremely downhill once my client stopped taking her medications. She became a loopy and violent. I asked for a new client when things were becoming too much for me and management told me there wasn't anyone else. Things eventually took a turn for the worse with the client and I eventually quit and had to get a restraining order for harassment that was taking place. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was watching how my clients caseworker did not care about the situation at all. I told her that my client had stopped taking her medications and was drinking alcohol as well as abusing drugs and the case worker said she didn't care and wouldn't help. To me she could of reported it and maybe got my client some help. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was before my client stopped taking her medications. I loved helping her. She was a challenge at times but what elderly woman isn't?
Pros
Easy commute, convienant
Cons
Case worker and harassment
Independent Living Services
One on One Tutor (Former Employee) –  Robbins Street, Conway AR 72032April 21, 2016
Independent Living Services of Conway AR was a very fair place to work. The administration and overall structure of the company was comprehensive in their care of individuals with developmental disabilities, and in providing services that include working with the families to meet the needs of the consumers through legal, educational, and occupational goals for the population. A typical day at work meant going to the group home, picking up my individual, and driving him to school. At the school, which was owned and operated by the agency, I escorted my individual to classes where he and I received guidance at providing educational materials that challenged both of us to learn new skills while meeting his needs. Spaces were provided to assure personal growth in a variety of learning outcomes. Spaces were also provided to meet his behavioral needs to accommodate all of his behaviors. It was a positive atmosphere where group cohesion and goals were discussed for the purpose of providing services for the individual consumers at becoming independent.
Pros
Friendly and helpful place to work
Cons
Supervision roles overlapped making job boundaries/responsibilities vague.
Independent Living Systems
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 6, 2016
A strong and cohesive group of passionate people. Employees worked well together and the overall effect was helping thousands of families in the Chicagoland area. "We give a voice to those who don't have one"
Pros
Teamwork, passion, making a difference
Cons
Understaffed
Fast paced environment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 29, 2016
Great management, nice co-workers, must be very organized and fast paced. Good company, good benefits, good pay. Excellent training program, they treat employees like family.
Pros
Cons
A lot of driving
Productive Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 15, 2016
Working in a relaxed environment was awesome and management was fantastic. My coworkers was very nice and respectful. The people I worked for was very careing.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
not enough hours
Ila
Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkAugust 9, 2016
Is an excellent organization that treat there worker like family. They participant in private event to the welcoming of a new born, marriage and even join worker in sad time like death in family.
Not recommended
Data Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 21, 2016
Bad Culture nobody is respected and a lot of your hard work does not get recognized.
Some hard working people some good people but overall not a great place to work.
Great work atmosphere
Market Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR (Working remotely)July 5, 2016
Good leadership and a very motivated staff make working here an easy task. You can always count on the team working together at all times.
Job skills and personal care taking
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atchison, KSApril 21, 2016
I took care of the elderly, pertaining to their health and well being as far as helping with their needs. I completed various tasks on a daily basis including: taking care of the clients meals, bills, medication, and house cleaning.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
There were no cons
Good work environment
LEAP ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 3, 2016
Good work environment, supportive teamwork. Typical day at work is playing games with the kids or helping with homework.
Cons
Not full time position
worked for my parents
homemaker (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 10, 2016
Cleaned my parents home. Took care of their needs concerning health and personal matters. I learned about how they needed to take care of their diabetes. Hard part of the job was seeing that they needed more care than I could provide. It was time that I was able to spend with them that I would not have had if I had not had that job.
Pros
Time with my parents.
Cons
Having to end my employement.
Rewarding Position
CDS Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Doniphan, MOMay 5, 2016
This position taught me to be able be more independent. I assisted the client's with personal care, household chores, running errands, and bill paying. Helping the clients was a rewarding experience.
Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 12, 2016
• Maintained Documentation
• Planned , coordinated , and , implemented recreation therapy activities
It was a good experience just not enough money
fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
i like going to work every time am on schedule because of the great people i work for and with.
helping people in need makes me happy.
dealing with behaviors.