The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for receiving and directing guests, managing telephone calls, and assisting with the flow of information within the office. This highly visible position requires a polished professional with superior communication, customer service and organizational skills.
Our company is an established and aggressively growing independent oil and gas exploration and production company based in downtown Houston. We are currently seeking a Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant. Starting salary $26K-28K per year with full medical and dental benefits paid for employee and paid parking in downtown Houston.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 2 years previous work experience in a general clerical position. Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and present a professional and appropriate image. Must show good judgment and decision-making skills.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Computer literate/able to use basic functions of a computer
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Reliable attendance record
- Team player
- Excellent telephone and client service skills.
- Greet visitors, ascertain their need, direct guest or contact host to meet guest
- Maintain Reception Area in an orderly manner, keep clear of deliveries or clutter
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct as appropriate; take messages and ensure their timely delivery; show judgment on when to interrupt personnel to receive message or call
- Perform routine clerical and/or secretarial duties and follow existing procedures