Indian Health Service

Indian Health Service Employer Reviews

Historical Trauma symptoms affect the quality of care.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Sells, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: federal salary based on national average, good benefits.
Cons: historical trauma symptoms were brought into the workplace.
There were many opportunities for travel, advancement and the provision of services. It was a tremendous opportunity to become acquainted with another culture without leaving the United States.
Govenment Contract with no chance for advancement
Project Manager I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: everyone got along and worked together. we even had potlucks and birthday cakes.
Cons: sometimes not enough hours on the contract to get the job done.
I enjoyed project management work, so the no advancement was not a concern. Everyone came to do their job and we enjoyed our work. It was rewarding to make improvements in the healthcare industry for so many people across the nation.
Provided a comfortable work environment with a friendly staff
Infectious disease surveillance unit intern (Former Employee), Concord, NHJanuary 12, 2015
My days at the Department of Heath and Human Services consisted of assisting with data analysis to assess completeness of testing assisting with process and procedure analysis and procedural modification to improve efficiency. I also Assisted with project planning and on-boarding of hospitals Work in partnership with Division, Bureau and local staff to coordinate updates to local guides and other program documentation for websites and distribution assisting with soliciting and documenting feedback from hospitals and or Division staff regarding on-boarding and process improvement.
Great place
Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDDecember 31, 2014
Always great to work with the scientists. Lots of international staff and great culture.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid parking and my own office
Cons: lay-offs
Very businesslike environment with top notch executives who acknowledged your accomplishments. Paid parking, great location and very nice office space
Productive and positive work place.
Federal Contractor (Former Employee), Rockville, MarylandDecember 12, 2014
A environment who culture focused on educating its employees and encouraged grown. A comfortable enjoyable environment and great work experience.
Great Worker
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 9, 2014
I loved my job .I received great customer service awards 3 conservative years,
It was a good exerience work place.
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Sacaton, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: being your own boss when out recruiting.
Cons: summers were rough being out in the heat.
1. Your typical day is getting all your paper work and appointment book ready to go out and recruit.

2. I've learn more about the community members how to work and talk to with them.

3. Management was excellent and ejoyable individual to work for.

4. Co-workers were most helpfull, it was all about team work.

5. hardest part of the job, In the summer when out recruiting, hot.

6. Enjoyable part of the job. Being out in the cmmunity and comunicating with community members.
Great team
Information Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 17, 2014
Orally answered official inquiries and requests from all levels of staff to modify, configure, evaluate, and report data in Trusted Agent FISMA System (TAF). Inputted new users, performed name change requests, activated and deactivated administrative rights for TAF users, and used TAF and Risk Management System (RMS) tools to develop Risk Assessments (RA) and conducted qualitative or quantitative analyses to determine areas of improvement to organizational IT security systems by providing a low medium or high impact level and assigning a ratio to a metric to determine probability of occurrence. Coworkers were excellent in working in a team environment to produce a great outcome of work. The hardest part of the job was ensuring work got out in time and meet the customers needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was to protrude a great work ethic and collaborate with team members.
Important work
Immigration Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 7, 2014
NIH conducts important scientific research. Timely and accurate processing of immigration visas is crucially important to keep things running smoothly. Very supportive office environment with a great team of people.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICE
Volunteer Clerk (Former Employee), 5455 BLAIR DALLAS TEXASSeptember 29, 2014
RESPONSIBLE
FILING AND PAPERWORK
HIGHLY ORGANIZED ETC.ISSUE MEDICAL CARDS OUT TO THE DISABILTY SCHEDULE CLIENTS MAKE APPTS SET UP AND MAINTAINED A LARGE OF CONFIDENTIAL CLEINTFILES, MADE COLD CALLS TO CONTACTS TO QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID
Helpful environment
Custodian 1 (Former Employee), atalanta,GeorgiaSeptember 26, 2014
This is a very good company.I learned how to be there for others,at all times.Very good manager,talk respectful to his workers.
The Pharmaceutical Development Service formulated and packed pharmaceuticals for use in Clinical Trials at the NIH
NIH Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: team spirit; excellent learning and training experience
A typical day at work involved the production of tablets & capsules and packing of other pharmaceutical products for use in Clinical Trials at the Clinical Center and other facilities within the National Institutes of Health. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with fellow employees, who had a strong Team Spirit. The interaction with the Pharmacists, many of whom were assigned to the Public Health Corps, was invaluable. I learned of the key role that Pharmacy and other members of the healthcare team played in the delivery of healthcare, and that it is critical that all members of the healthcare team work collaboratively. This experience had a profound effect when I later attended and completed medical school.
good place to work!
Human Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Laurens, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay
Working for Lauren County DHHS, was a great learning experience and a great bunch of people to work with and for.

The hardest part of the job was the pay and dealing with some of the clients.
not a place to live or thrive
clinician (Former Employee), Crownpoint,NMJuly 1, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: treated unethically
I had this job...worst place of employment in a 33 year career
Job in College
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
It was a just a job to help me get through college. However, I do remember that for the most part it's quiet and rather slow. If action and change is what you want, then you probably shouldn't go with this company. However, it's probably a great place if you prefer the slower pace.
I worked in switchboard
INFORMATION RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Poplar, MTJune 12, 2014
I worked for my tribe and it was very meaningful and fulfilling experience.
Productive and nice workplace.
Research technologist, Biologist positions (Former Employee), MarylandJune 6, 2014
I'll prefer five days a working schedule. I am expert on molecular biologist. And also I am a good manager for the perfect scientific environment. Always I have a good connections with my co-workers. And I love to do science with fun.
Dependeable, trustworthly, on time never take off
Intake Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: need to move on
Cons: need something closer to home
Customer Services ranging up customers assist them in every way, unload trucks, restock shevles,
fast paced, friendly people
RN-clinical (Current Employee), Pine Ridge, SDMay 25, 2014
Pros: good healh benefits
Cons: rural area, limited housing
This position is a rewarding job because I encounter a variety of health issues that are challenging. This gives me the opportunity to
keep current on all health disparities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Indian Health Service

Indian Health Service's mission is to provide health care and related services for American Indian and Alaska Natives, as well – Read more

Indian Health Service Photos