Indian Health Service Employee Reviews in United States

Internship (Environmental Division) (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work is really productive. My coworkers and i get along really well. We go out to go and inspect the foods whether it is healthy for the public.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Social Service Worker
Local Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEApril 3, 2016
handle walk in clients did the same work as done with the Social Service Worker, handle telephone calls as they come into the office
This should be Habiliation Health Technician
Office Management (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 25, 2016
Outstanding work setting. Allowed me to work with nine independent living clients who had a variable of psychological diagnoses.
Pros
Very Challenging, but a pleasure to work within in the independent living of each client
Cons
Part-Time. Clients needs were great and all could not be filled within the allotted time.
Nice people and beautiful country.
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lame Deer, MTDecember 12, 2015
Great place to work and great people. I would recommend the Northern Cheyenne Clinic to anyone who wants to work in a beautiful part of the country with nice people.
Pros
The people and beautiful Montana.
Cons
It is remote and cold in the winter.
typical day at work
care provider (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this expected of a big company.
Va
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 7, 2015
A typical day at work started at 8:AM
A good group of coworkers
The most enjoyable part of the job was the view of the
Meeting new people
One Big happy family
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Ridge, SDNovember 5, 2015
They only hire family members. Any one with education that could make a difference there is turned down. Their management is filled with morons. Most people just go to collect a check and they don't care about the health and well being of the community.
Pros
You get to work with family.
Cons
You can't get hired unless you have family their to hire you.
Rewarding
Extramural Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 26, 2015
It is always rewarding to work for an agency that makes an impact. It was such a learning experience to work there. I enjoyed all the people I worked with
Fun place to work...loved co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sisseton, SDOctober 22, 2015
Learned so much from the pharmacist's there. They were will to answer any questions you had if you wanted to learn. Felt very important to the team.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
politics
Ihs
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warm Springs, OROctober 16, 2015
I loved working at the Warm Springs clinic, I leaned a lot and gain some experience, some friends. I found the company that I would like to make a career with, awesome place to work, just no where to live as the reservations are in the middle of no where.
Pros
great benefits, promotions, travel, experince.
Cons
No where to live arond the Reservations.
Productive work environment
Purchased/Referred Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping the Native American community get healthy one person at a time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Sitting in front of a computer all day
I helped the elderly and individuals with disabilities to qualify for Medicaid & Texas Disability of Aging & Disability Services.
Medical Eligibility Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXOctober 2, 2015
I rate this company excellent due to being able to help the elderly and individuals with disabilities who do not know who to turn to for medical help.
Pros
Knowing I did my job well and those in need will receive their full benefits.
Great opportunity to work with underserved population
Director Wound Management Program, Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  oklahomaSeptember 9, 2015
Appreciated the time to work with diverse patient populations and grow to understand barriers to care for pateints and from providers perspectives
Productive and fun place to assist people with diabilities.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 3, 2015
On a typical day as an Engineer for DHHS I respond to referrals for clients that have disabilities by making recommendations for home, vehicle or work place modification to assist the client with everyday living. These services are coordinated between the client, counselor, and myself as the Engineer. During this process I evaluate the client needs, create a formal report for construction or modification, select a contractor through the competitive bidding process, monitor all work and approve contractor invoices for payment. On a day to day basis I am challenged to use my expertise to identify or create ideas that will assist numerous types of disabilities. The most enjoyable part of my work is helping clients over come there bearers and knowing that I have played apart in making their lives a little better.
Pros
Able to assist others, freedom to use my creativity and expertise.
Cons
No potential for advancement
Dhhs
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MESeptember 2, 2015
Always at my desk working on the next item at that time. From start to finish of the day we met with clients and did what we could to help them the best we could with what we had to work with. After meeting with a client I would go back and do paperwork usually for the next 20 minutes until the next client came in and 20 minutes is on a slow day.
Pros
great benefits, great work hours, good pay
Cons
burnt out, management
Great Laid Back and Relaxed employer
Bilingual Income Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 28, 2015
A typical day consisted of answering phones, and sorting through clients applications. I learned case management, organization, different state programs and services. Management was very unprofessional, in the aspect that they were all friends and gossiped about employees and based reviews on how another managers felt. Co-workers were average typical co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work which consisted of the entire state of Wisconsin. The most enjoyable aspect was the diversity, lax dress code and overall friendly environment.
Pros
Benefits, work hours
Cons
management, communication
Dedicated employees that strive for patient satisfaction.
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Sisseton, SDAugust 27, 2015
Dedicated healthcare facility and staff that try to provide good medical care to all their patients thereby contributing to the nation's understanding of the effect of diabetes and chronic illinesses.
Pros
Good employee benefits package
Cons
Security, HIPPA, government budget approval pay stoppage while required work attendance.
Lack of Leadership
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 10, 2015
There was a lack of leadership and communication. The hours were not consistent. I was interested in this job to help people.
Fulfilling job but very stressful
Counselor Aide GS 5 (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, NVAugust 2, 2015
Worked in a small isolated area. Fulfilling job working with Native American adolescents. A lot of stressful red tape to navigate thru every day.
Pros
appreciation of fulfilling work
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, red tape
Great company to work for
Grants Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2015
I have worked for Haynes Inc. for several years. Great company to work for. Excellent benefits and management team cares for their employees.