Indian Hills Country Club Employee Reviews

Regret
Golf Caddie (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSJanuary 7, 2018
Most days were required to be there as early as possible but then made caddies wait for hours for groups. Sometimes caddies' base pay was not covered.
very productive
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 21, 2017
very long days and non stop work from the time you clock in until you clock out. the hardest part was the management at that time. saturdays were the most enjoyable parts for me
Pros
free lunch nice club members
Cons
nasty attitude in management
Poor communication
Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 5, 2017
Management never communicated with each other so that when it came time to host daily events for paying members, the events were never set up properly because management did not communicate. This ended up making the job very stressful
Pros
free food
Cons
angry members
Only pro. was co-workers
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Very poor management during time of employment. The GM obviously did not care about keeping employees happy. Hanging out with other employees was fun, but that is about it.
Fine place to work if not for management
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 24, 2017
The job and work itself is not difficult or physically demanding. The people here, their drama, and specifically the management, are what make this a terrible place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed culture, friendly coworkers
Cons
Very poor management
Great managaers
Host (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 17, 2017
Had very well honest managers . As well as co-workers and customers . Very clean quiet place nice veiws . I was a host and a pool marshall which aloud me to be the head of the places i would be places in .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late shifts
Fun workplace with great co workers
GROUNDSCREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSMarch 1, 2017
Being on the grounds crew as a college student was quite fun. The managers and co workers all work very well together. The managers are very flexible if something comes up and you cannot make it to work on time or have to leave early. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers for sure.
Line cook
Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Golfing and tennis resort. Line cook for the main restaurant. Also did bartending and service and beverage truck. Clubhouse party setup and cleaning detail.
all of the places I have worked have had a positive attitude
Banquet captain (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 5, 2017
At all of my jobs it has been a hit the ground running type of environment and you did not stop till the job was done.
I have learned to roll with the punches so to speak because of the type of environments I have worked in . I have learned to work with all personality types and how to lead these personalities to achieve maximum productivity. I have had good and bad managers that I aimed to please at all times. My coworkers have all had downfalls but worked to correct them. I got along with all my coworkers but did not spend time with them outside of work. The hardest part of any job is pleasing the customer, I however find great pleasure in solving their issue and making their experience as enjoyable as possible. For me the most satisfying part of any job is to see satisfied customers and knowing that we have gone above and beyond to make that persons experience as amazing as possible.
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
no breaks at all
Beverage Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Fun place to work
Learned a lot about golf
Set up golf cart full of beverages and snacks
Drive around Golf course with snacks for golfers
Hours are typically workable
Managment was kind and flexible
A good job for a college student
Great club with great people
Outside Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSDecember 14, 2016
Very professional and positive staff. The membership is full of great people. Great golf course as well. As with any golf industry position you are required to work weekends and long hours during the season. Overall a great job.
Indian HIlls Country Club
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 11, 2016
Excellent work atmosphere. IT seems like everyday I went in to work the employee moral was very high. The Management showed great levels of compassion for ALL of their employees. I never felt like I was going to work when I woke up to go to this employer.
industry challenging and provided many character building components.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Northport, NYJune 7, 2016
Without question a very challenging environment that forces one to exploit limits of endurance and self control. Indian Hills is the exception to the rule and with that has developed me into a much resourceful chef. Management was clearly something the needed much reinforcement. I believe it was the bond of theca-workers that holds that club together
Pros
development of a professional brotherhood
Cons
poor health care
Love working in the sun and with kids!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 27, 2016
working at ihcc was a blast! i loved building relationships with kids and their families. waking up at 6am to clean the pool wasnt the best, but everyone works together and we all made it enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
great place to work with golfcart
Banquet Server/Cart Girl (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAApril 16, 2016
I loved every and all aspects of this job. Indian Hills is where i learned to mix drinks and other alcohol products. I was moved up positions in matter of months.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
short hours
Fast paced
Marketing Manager and Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 22, 2015
Very fast paced workplace where you are required to be very versatile.
We deal with lots of different people and have to work when everyone else is playing :) The work environment is great and the entire key staff gets along great!
steady work
Sauté Cook (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSNovember 9, 2015
if you have good skills, its a great place to work. show up on time and do a great job and you have nothing to worry about. great benefits
Great company to work for and friendly atmosphere
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
Loved everyone I worked for and with. I was forced to relocate, otherwise I would still work for Indian Hills!

I will remember the Club and its members fondly.
waitress
WAITRESS\LAUNDRY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 26, 2015
I made tea for the quest, fill glasses with water, made sure the area was clean an tidy , an that the customer was satisfied, I broke down tables, an set up tables for the next quest
Pros
already having it done
Cons
rushing to do it
Difficult
Event and Member Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 14, 2015
There are no benefits available and not much room for advancement within this company.
The Hardest part of the job was working directly with the controller, who has been here for 32 years and has a very difficult personality.
Pros
Beautiful Place to Work, great place to network