Indian Hills Country Club Employee Reviews

steady work
Sauté Cook (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSNovember 9, 2015
if you have good skills, its a great place to work. show up on time and do a great job and you have nothing to worry about. great benefits
Great company to work for and friendly atmosphere
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
Loved everyone I worked for and with. I was forced to relocate, otherwise I would still work for Indian Hills!

I will remember the Club and its members fondly.
waitress
WAITRESS\LAUNDRY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 26, 2015
I made tea for the quest, fill glasses with water, made sure the area was clean an tidy , an that the customer was satisfied, I broke down tables, an set up tables for the next quest
Pros
already having it done
Cons
rushing to do it
Difficult
Event and Member Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 14, 2015
There are no benefits available and not much room for advancement within this company.
The Hardest part of the job was working directly with the controller, who has been here for 32 years and has a very difficult personality.
Pros
Beautiful Place to Work, great place to network
No Professionalism
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Northport, NYJuly 8, 2015
Difficult place to work due to management and chef didnt get along so kitchen staff got beat up often. Members were great and view was gorgeous.
Indian Hills Country Club
Seasonal Banquet Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSJuly 7, 2015
Gives you great experience at event planning, and learning to go with the flow when certain situations do not go as planned. Ability to work with a team and gain the skills needed to work with a diverse group of people. Gives you great skills needed for when you are higher up in a job one day.
Great place to work if you love being on a golf course.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 20, 2014
A typical work day would begin with either mowing all 18 greens including the practice green and the nursery or raking all of the sand bunkers. Other duties include mowing the fairways, and the rough. Once a month we would also have to do trim bushes and maintain the landscaping around the clubhouse.
Overall the management wasn't too bad. They are pretty relaxed and fun to work for. As long as all of the work gets done they will be happy. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the heat, but I got adjusted to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently. I would just do my own thing and get my work done.
Pros
occasional free lunch, and discounts at the clubhouse. employee's also get to play golf for free on tuesdays and thursdays.
overall nice place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 31, 2014
most enjoyable is seeing ur finished product u must be able to think and bee fast on ur feet management is no joke
Cons
working all holidays no breaks
Very productive and well-run workplace
Tennis Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 14, 2014
Cleaned clubs, stored bags, worked at range, but most stressed task by management was making the member feel taken care of.
Learned good people skills and built many relationships with members.
Management could not have been better
Co-workers were productive and easy to work with
The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with the members about their day or their golf game and getting recognized at the annual club golf banquet
Fun Workplace
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 26, 2014
During a typical day at work I would do my opening work, and serve the guests that came in for lunch. Then we would turn the dining room and set up for dinner. Then I would serve the guests and member's during dinner then i would take care of my closing work. i learned a lot of responsibility from this job and also how much it means to be a team player. Management was very supportive and helpful through my time here. My co-workers were very enjoyable and fun to be around and work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be setting up for the weddings and big events, but it always turned out very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to step away for a min if I got to stressed out, and the hourly pay was very nice.
Pros
management
Cons
very busy around holidays
Gets you by, but not much more...
LEAD GROUNDSKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2014
Will get you by if you are in a tight spot, but don't plan on it being a career unless you know a lot of people. Good to get experience for college students
Pros
easy
Cons
pay and advancement
Fun, exciting place to work!
Banquet and Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GaDecember 8, 2013
A typical day at work could possibly include four different things

1. Planning events such as weddings, birthdays, reunions, etc.
2. Serving the dinners we would have and make sure everyone had everything they needed,
3.Setting up for an event I had planned, this was all the manual labor.
4. Working the event

I learned that there is a lot of work put into these events. We made sure our customers were satisfied with everything we did and we did not fall short of any expectations they had.

My co-workers were so helpful. Setting up for these events were a lot of work so we all worked together to make sure everything got set up efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was the manual labor and long hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was booking a wedding and seeing the process from beginning to end and it being a success!
Pros
good money, great co-workers
Cons
healthcare, long hours
IHCC
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 4, 2013
Love the members of the club and my co-workers. Very nice people.
Pros
meet nice people.
Cons
no set shifts. no breaks.
Not a very well run place.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 24, 2012
Great people, but it needs help from a management standpoint.
Historic Country Club with great tradition and members.
Pro Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 23, 2012
Staff is very hard working. Everyone truly enjoys their jobs their. The members really make the job great. Pay, Benefits, and Incentives are very good. All directors and management are very dedicated at what they do. Very good Country Club and place to work.
Large, inviting, professional
Pro Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northport, NYJuly 20, 2012
- Worked with other interns from marketing department to come up with new ideas for Mets
- Helped set up press room
- Created press packets to inform them on changes for players
- Helped to write up the 2010 Meta media guide
Interesting place to work
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMay 23, 2012
Show up at five a.m. daily and begin setting up for the golfers that were to play those days. I learned how to do the maintenance work of the golf course. Using different types of equipment. Management did a good job in making sure that we got plenty of breaks. My co-workers were good to work with and helpful when necessary. The hardest part of the job was was working twelve days in a row before getting a weekend off. I did enjoy learning the behind the scenes work of the golf course.
Pros
free golf