Indian Hills Country Club Employee Reviews

Line cook
Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Golfing and tennis resort. Line cook for the main restaurant. Also did bartending and service and beverage truck. Clubhouse party setup and cleaning detail.
all of the places I have worked have had a positive attitude
Banquet captain (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 5, 2017
At all of my jobs it has been a hit the ground running type of environment and you did not stop till the job was done.
I have learned to roll with the punches so to speak because of the type of environments I have worked in . I have learned to work with all personality types and how to lead these personalities to achieve maximum productivity. I have had good and bad managers that I aimed to please at all times. My coworkers have all had downfalls but worked to correct them. I got along with all my coworkers but did not spend time with them outside of work. The hardest part of any job is pleasing the customer, I however find great pleasure in solving their issue and making their experience as enjoyable as possible. For me the most satisfying part of any job is to see satisfied customers and knowing that we have gone above and beyond to make that persons experience as amazing as possible.
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
no breaks at all
Beverage Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Fun place to work
Learned a lot about golf
Set up golf cart full of beverages and snacks
Drive around Golf course with snacks for golfers
Hours are typically workable
Managment was kind and flexible
A good job for a college student
Great club with great people
Outside Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSDecember 14, 2016
Very professional and positive staff. The membership is full of great people. Great golf course as well. As with any golf industry position you are required to work weekends and long hours during the season. Overall a great job.
Indian HIlls Country Club
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 11, 2016
Excellent work atmosphere. IT seems like everyday I went in to work the employee moral was very high. The Management showed great levels of compassion for ALL of their employees. I never felt like I was going to work when I woke up to go to this employer.
industry challenging and provided many character building components.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Northport, NYJune 7, 2016
Without question a very challenging environment that forces one to exploit limits of endurance and self control. Indian Hills is the exception to the rule and with that has developed me into a much resourceful chef. Management was clearly something the needed much reinforcement. I believe it was the bond of theca-workers that holds that club together
Pros
development of a professional brotherhood
Cons
poor health care
Love working in the sun and with kids!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 27, 2016
working at ihcc was a blast! i loved building relationships with kids and their families. waking up at 6am to clean the pool wasnt the best, but everyone works together and we all made it enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
great place to work with golfcart
Banquet Server/Cart Girl (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAApril 16, 2016
I loved every and all aspects of this job. Indian Hills is where i learned to mix drinks and other alcohol products. I was moved up positions in matter of months.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
short hours
Fast paced
Marketing Manager and Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 22, 2015
Very fast paced workplace where you are required to be very versatile.
We deal with lots of different people and have to work when everyone else is playing :) The work environment is great and the entire key staff gets along great!
steady work
Sauté Cook (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSNovember 9, 2015
if you have good skills, its a great place to work. show up on time and do a great job and you have nothing to worry about. great benefits
Great company to work for and friendly atmosphere
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
Loved everyone I worked for and with. I was forced to relocate, otherwise I would still work for Indian Hills!

I will remember the Club and its members fondly.
waitress
WAITRESS\LAUNDRY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 26, 2015
I made tea for the quest, fill glasses with water, made sure the area was clean an tidy , an that the customer was satisfied, I broke down tables, an set up tables for the next quest
Pros
already having it done
Cons
rushing to do it
Difficult
Event and Member Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 14, 2015
There are no benefits available and not much room for advancement within this company.
The Hardest part of the job was working directly with the controller, who has been here for 32 years and has a very difficult personality.
Pros
Beautiful Place to Work, great place to network
No Professionalism
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Northport, NYJuly 8, 2015
Difficult place to work due to management and chef didnt get along so kitchen staff got beat up often. Members were great and view was gorgeous.
Indian Hills Country Club
Seasonal Banquet Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, KSJuly 7, 2015
Gives you great experience at event planning, and learning to go with the flow when certain situations do not go as planned. Ability to work with a team and gain the skills needed to work with a diverse group of people. Gives you great skills needed for when you are higher up in a job one day.
Great place to work if you love being on a golf course.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 20, 2014
A typical work day would begin with either mowing all 18 greens including the practice green and the nursery or raking all of the sand bunkers. Other duties include mowing the fairways, and the rough. Once a month we would also have to do trim bushes and maintain the landscaping around the clubhouse.
Overall the management wasn't too bad. They are pretty relaxed and fun to work for. As long as all of the work gets done they will be happy. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the heat, but I got adjusted to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently. I would just do my own thing and get my work done.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, and discounts at the clubhouse. Employee's also get to play golf for free on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
overall nice place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 31, 2014
most enjoyable is seeing ur finished product u must be able to think and bee fast on ur feet management is no joke
Cons
working all holidays no breaks
Very productive and well-run workplace
Tennis Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 14, 2014
Cleaned clubs, stored bags, worked at range, but most stressed task by management was making the member feel taken care of.
Learned good people skills and built many relationships with members.
Management could not have been better
Co-workers were productive and easy to work with
The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with the members about their day or their golf game and getting recognized at the annual club golf banquet
Fun Workplace
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 26, 2014
During a typical day at work I would do my opening work, and serve the guests that came in for lunch. Then we would turn the dining room and set up for dinner. Then I would serve the guests and member's during dinner then i would take care of my closing work. i learned a lot of responsibility from this job and also how much it means to be a team player. Management was very supportive and helpful through my time here. My co-workers were very enjoyable and fun to be around and work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be setting up for the weddings and big events, but it always turned out very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to step away for a min if I got to stressed out, and the hourly pay was very nice.
Pros
Cons
very busy around holidays
Gets you by, but not much more...
LEAD GROUNDSKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2014
Will get you by if you are in a tight spot, but don't plan on it being a career unless you know a lot of people. Good to get experience for college students
Pros
Easy
Cons
Pay and advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Hills Country Club. Our community is ready to answer.