Indian River Medical Center Employee Reviews

some offices are not managed well
Office Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Doctor's office in SebastianAugust 12, 2017
The jobs are pretty secure but the pay is below scale and the benefits also. I have learned how to use eclinicals to add patient information to charts. I have learned to do EKGs and draw blood. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed. I do enjoy working in a smaller office setting
It's a very nice place to work
costodian (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 15, 2017
The time i have worked in Indian River medical center, I learned many new things from my coworkers and had a great time doing so. All the people working there are very nice and caring.
Good place to start, not the best to stay
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 14, 2017
Often have high acuity patient load and cannot complete all patient care that needs to be done. However, staff is often friendly and works as a team to help get things done before it is time to go. Education reimbursement is available and easy to use. Management is great at getting you in the position you want to move up to.
Pros
Meal tickets, helpful nurses, ER cafe open until midnight
Cons
A few bad nurses and aides, patient load often too heavy
IRMC work environment
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
This is the BEST place i have ever work, GREAT schedule, GREAT compensation for hrs worked, excellent PTO, great benefits. Great staff and the Management is always there to help any situation. i would recommend IRMC as a whole and I enjoy coming to work everyday. GREAT GREAT ED STAFF. LOVE MY CO WORKERS
Pros
Great hrs
Irmc
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 10, 2017
IRMC was an interesting place to work. It started off great, had adequate staff and everyone was a team player. My unit, in particular, couldn't keep CNA's or Nurses. It was a tough unit to work on. There would be times when the nurses would sit under the call lights while they were going off and wouldn't answer them even when they knew you were in a patient's room.
Cons
insurance they switched to that nobody took in the area.
fast paced Emergency room
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 2, 2017
IRMC is a fast paced small 30+ bed emergency room with great nurses, support staff and physicians that are all dedicated to a great patient care experience.
work environment
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 2, 2017
This has been the most ill managed place I have worked for.
workplace culture is poor . management does not support you.
Work culture suffers because of higher managements lack of direction.
Long hours, low pay
Imaging Services Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 17, 2017
The environment changes every couple of years. New Directors are hired and new positions are created for management only to be deemed top heavy and go through a layoff period, then the same cycle begins again. Harassment gets swept under the rug.
Pros
There are some amazing people that work there.
Cons
The same rules never apply to everyone.
Great place to work for experience!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 17, 2017
Great place to work when your working with nurses who help you but when they don't help you, it's sucks. Gained lots of experience. Overall, its not bad at all. Most of the staff are very friendly and willing to help out. Team work is really needed in this job.
wow
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 2, 2017
I loved to go to work, i entered equipment in computer, i made deliveries round hospital, and organize equipment. Professional, relaxed environment. I learned about the uses of the equipment, the different areas of the hospital, and want they were used for as well as were the medicine go.
Pros
great place to work

Want to know more about Indian River Medical Center?

Ask a question
Amazing workplace with very kind people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 28, 2017
Indian River Medical Center is a great place to work. Everyone there is friendly and willing to help. The volunteer program at the hospital is very helpful and gives a lot of aid to the hospital.
great people but bad management
Transporter/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 20, 2017
the staff and patients were very kind and respectful, but management was more concerned with bottom line than their employees. do not expect a raise or upward mobility
Love my IRMC work family
Administration Core Center Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 21, 2017
I learn a lot on the different floors I work. Many of the professional rns , doctors and other staff members that I work with are soo knowledgeable in there specific department I love learning from them and am a better employee for it.
Pros
Great people...a TEAM first and Family second.
Cons
Too much made up "Busy work".We are 15 % below the national adverage in pay.
Excellent training and pay for performance. Worked as an intern and then was offered a paid position, which was exciting.
Assessment and Referral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 9, 2017
Very fast paced in the ER assessing mental health and substance abuse people in crisis. Enjoyed the pace and helpfulness of administrative staff. A lot of time was spent interacting with ER doctors and nurses who were sometimes off -putting with psychiatric clients.
Amazing Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2017
At Indian River Medical Center, It is an amazing place to work because of the staff. They have great teamwork skills and loving personalities. That is a trait that is hard to find anywhere.
Workplace Culture
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2017
The culture in the Hospital is one that leaves to be desired. There is a certain dysfunction that is pervasive. The attitude in my Department though, by the staff that I manage, is one that is very familial. There is respect and consideration between members; wonderful camaraderie. We often see each other outside of the workplace because we enjoy each other's company.
Pros
Benefits, camaraderie in Department
Cons
Dysfunction in other departments
things you should know
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Just a few things I need to mention. They are just my pet peeves about my employment at IRMC. First, they should inform people that they automatically sign you up for 401k whether you want it or not, so there is some money from the small paycheck you earn gone already. Then they take money out of your check for charitable contribution whether you agree or not. Also during orientation you will not hear that holidays are not paid. You have to use your paid time off that you earn for these events and do not have the option of working instead. If the office is closed and you have no PTO, then you do not get paid.
Being at irmcs bhc.......
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2017
With the population that you deal with at this job its important your able to trust the people your working with. And I feel just that. I know if stuff goes down your able to trust the person next to you.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management is not what it should be.
Enjoyable job
Publications specialist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 26, 2016
As the marketing department's only writer and photographer, I might spend a typical day working on a promotional brochure, taking pictures for the employee magazine and interviewing an employee his recent win in a triathlon.
I learned that although I like working in hospitals, I missed the excitement of newspaper work.
I got along well with my co-workers. I liked my boss, too, but had some trouble adjusting to her close supervision after working for editors who let me manage my own time so long as I got my stories in by deadline.
Pros
Opportunity to watch and write about medical procedures
The people working there are great
Management Information Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff in Radiology, they were not only kind but they were very compassionate. That is the greatest thing I miss about the place.
Pros
Wonderful people working there
Cons
Not a 40/week job in Radiology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian River Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9