Indian River Medical Center

Indian River Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Only hospital in town
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 27, 2016
Many of the employees here are unhappy and especially with leadership staff who are highly disinterested in leading and more interested in getting end of year bonuses. When staff is short and the remaining workers are overwhelmed, the management does nothing in the way of recruiting, they just sit and wait to see how far they can get without hiring. The work suffers, morale suffers, patients suffer!! The management doesn't care either way.

I would not recommend IRMC to anyone, patient or otherwise?
Pros
Hospital has air conditioning at least 361 per year.
Cons
Pay rate is extremely low.
Insurance Verification Clerk
Patient Access Specialist & Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 5, 2016
Verify insurance coverage for patients. Learned about the health insurance rules/regulations. Great co-workers, very easy to work with and helpful.
There is no hard or easy part in this job. It is very basic and to the point. Very easy to follow rules & regulations.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Pleasant due to co workers
Management (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2016
The people I worked with were hard working and truly cared about the patients while providing a superior level of care.

Management however is lacking in personal integrity, ability to tell the truth and deceptive tactics. The person I answered to promoted and executed gossip and manipulation on a daily basis. Unfortunately, that person was allowed to do this without any supervision or repercussions from higher ups.

Published articles regarding the management of IRMA and IRMC are true. Each day was challenging due to lack of communication and dishonesty from my direct supervisor. To date, it still continues.

There is no firm foundation or confidence in the management of IRMC and especially IRMA.
Pros
Facility is very nice and many worker are excellent.
Cons
Careless management, deception and lack of concern for important personnel issues.
Unorganized and inefficient place to work.
Histology (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 5, 2015
Supervisor has little experience in supervising employees. Unprofessional,Unorganized. Expects more work from other employees.
Workflow makes no sense. Department employees did not want positive change to improve. Employees have no input on workflow or suggestions.
Benefits
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked!
this is not a company you would like to work for
coder (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at the hospital would be checking all the encounters to see what the oldest date of service was and start to code there. then I would review medical notes and whichever notes were not compete I would get with the Dr's to them finish the notes.

then would forward the claims to billing department then they would send the claims out
Pros
the coders in the department were helpful and easy to get along with
Cons
political, supervisors not qualified to do jobs they are assigned
enjoyable work enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 6, 2015
I loved working this job. I did filing organization answered phones. Also dealt with discharging patients or escorting patients and/or families and friends of patients to the room or office desired. My co-workers was wonderful people and very informal. The hardest part of the job was learning the routes to everything in the hospital.
Pros
discountes on items and food/drinks
Cons
n/a
Very Great Place
Teenage Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 6, 2015
I enjoyed volunteering at the hospital, I have built life time bonds with my co-workers and executive team. I am able to still return and volunteer during summer break, and holiday breaks.
Pros
Beneficial to resumes.
Cons
Wonderful culture. Difficult to work 12-14hr shifts 7 days in a row.
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 12, 2015
Really enjoyed the position and my coworkers. Unable to tolerate 12-14 hr shifts 7 days in a row. The drive was long for me.
Pros
Great job culture
Cons
Difficult work schedule
Productive environment
Office Coordinator, Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, Fl. 32960July 28, 2015
In the Radiology Dept. there many requisitions that come through for many injuries, traumas, or minor care. I have learned that each modality have special equipment that is used depending on the nature of ailment. I have never been in management but I have been left in charge as a leader to help expedite the orders and patient's needs. The hardest part of the job is trying to locate images in archives and get them in a timley manner. Sometimes they could be misplaced, have wrong name/DOB, and duplicate medical numbers. But most of all, there are moments of enjoyment when there was a job well done. Getting recognized for a job well done or even getting recognized by patients is always a good felling.
The place of employment is Indian River Medical Center not Indian River Memorial Hospital
Mental Health Technician. (Former Employee) –  1190 37th Street, Vero Beach, Fl 32960June 11, 2015
A Typical day at Indian River Medical Center can be one that consist of unexpected but welcome calm or a day that is very traumatic, having to deal with high acuity. We may have to care for and monitor patients with Alzheimer's,Depression, Drug addictions,, patients that are suicidal, psychotic, and we may have to deal with some levels of violence.
I have learned patience, a great deal of tolerance and empathy,and great respect for management, my co-workers and patients in my interaction with them. .

The hardest parrt of the job is never really wanting to deal with violence. The most enjoyable part comes with the healing process and recovery of the patients.
Great Place to work
Desktop Support Tier (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2015
Great Opportunity! there is room for growth. departments work with each others well. company's are excellent integrity and etc. patients are top propriety.
Pros
Great Benefits
Corporate free fall
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 5, 2015
A matrix management system breeds misinformation, poor communication and no training for non-clinical employees. The hospital campus is expanding without much restructuring of support staff. There are too few opportunities to advance salary or position. The hiring policies pay more for outside experience than recognition of loyal employees who desire promotion and better compensation
Worst Hospital environment ever
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach FL.September 18, 2015
This place has an inbred culture that is dominated by sabotaging and backstabbing. This was the worst place I ever worked in my life.
This laboratory is very poorly run
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 14, 2015
Shortcutting, pencil whipping of quality control information, slack and uninformed work habits characterize this laboratory. Integrity is entirely up to the individual worker. Luckily many of the younger workforce do have that in place. Management, guilty of all of the above along with a culture of self-protection over progress, is among the worst I have ever worked with or for. Excuses rule the day. Not a good place for any newly graduated medical technologist to begin their career. Decision making at the highest level is subjective. Cronyism is rampant and detrimental.
Very nice Hospital
CNA (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach FloridaJune 16, 2015
IRMH was a nice place to work back in the 90'S, not sure what it is like now I have been away from there for 15 years. I was once employed there and the supervisors were very supportive with the patients and the staff.
Pros
great staff
Cons
pay scale was horrible
Don't work here!!
Worthless employee (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2015
They treat their employees terribly! No continuing education, no raises, and when they make cuts, they cut staff, don't replace them, they just give the employees left the extra work to do. There is NO training. You better know how to do your job, because if you don't, you are on your own to figure it out. "Leadership" is a joke. They hire people like themselves, so there are so many "leaders" that don't care about anyone except themselves. They do not care about their employees. And when they get good people, they overwhelm them, they end up working 60-80 hours a week-no overtime compensation-until they burn out. I suggest you pass this company by and try to find a place to work where they appreciate and value their employees. You will never find that at IRMC. It's very sad!
Pros
working 2-3 people's jobs with 1 salary
Office work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
Took care of cash sales and reports, enter data into computer, entered and coded invoices, scheduled patients for appointments with dietitians.
productive with great teamwork
Administrative Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 22, 2015
Busy
How to balance a busy day
The best
I enjoyed sharing
Handling busy phones sometimes put my responsiblilities on hold.
I loved the interaction with pt. families, nurses, and physicians.
Pros
Great Nurses and Physicians
Cons
nothing
Patient Acct Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 10, 2015
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity. Great service to patients. Commute is a bit long for me. Management is always there for you.
Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 22, 2015
I took care of the patients. I bathe, feed, walked them, cleaned them up, and I draw blood. I did anything for the patients that made them as comfortable as possible in the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian River Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8