Indian River School District Employee Reviews

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 22, 2017
The biggest problem is the amount of stress when it comes to teaching, and the pay is not the greatest. It all depends what school you work at. Some schools are amazing while others the stress is not worth it.
Indian River County District
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 13, 2017
i work everyday morning start wah use hand and driver 11 different school breakfast and lunch, stocked and frezzen put always on sleve and keep clean it
great place
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Frankford, DEJuly 20, 2017
awesome place to work at they have great leaders and they are very accomadating.also the pay is top notch. They really take care of you and make sure your taken care of
Great place to work.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, NYJune 12, 2017
I love my job at the school. It is an enjoyable atmosphere. I have learned how to manage my time to get jobs done in the quickest way possible. The administration is very helpful and understanding.
Pros
hours
Cons
only work for school year
I'm looking for full time employment
Fulltime Para-professional (Current Employee) –  Patriots WayJune 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I work with students and I am able to make a difference in the instructional classroom. As students work to achieve good grades and on standardized test there are also students who have made it to Princeton University and this has truly made me proud.
The job assignments varied in enjoyability.
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMay 17, 2017
Working for the district over nearly 40 years had its' pros and cons. I enjoyed working with students of all ages and in all subject areas. Sometimes my immediate Principals were personable and sometimes not. Staff was friendly and professional in general. The pay could have been more considering all that the various job assignments required.
IT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMarch 25, 2017
This is an excellent place to work filled with people who work hard for kids. I have enjoyed working there and will be sorry to say goodbye should I find a higher paying position with more flexibility to allow me to better care for my family.
I was in the medical assisting program
Student (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2017
The medical assisting program is a great way to expand your education if you're looking for a new job or even just to take another class. You learn a lot in the class and at the end you will be able to understand way more than you thought you ever would.
Friendly place to work.
Business Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work is teaching approximately 125 students over the course of 5 periods. I have learned how to use my time wisely and stay organized in order to be a productive teacher and co-worker. The hardest part of the job is the amount of paperwork and grading you accumulate when teaching 125 students. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching Business Education to students and sharing the value that this will have on them over the next few years as they grow up.
Most rewarding with little stress (6 to 7 hours)
substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  could be anywhere in the school district,July 11, 2014
makes one feel needed, necessary. They are grateful for a good teacher with positive contributions both with the subject matter and the school student body. Happy to have someone who is easy to work with and open minded. I love the job but it is for only fall days.6-7 hours
Pros
sometimes the days are short due to extra curricular activities
Cons
short lunch time but really no problems at all
Good place to work with holiday's off
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, NYFebruary 1, 2014
Productive, Learned how to associate with different types of people, management and co-workers were good to work with, snow removal was the hardest part of the job, working with the staff.
Pros
Having snow days off with pay.
Cons
Snow removeal.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DESeptember 13, 2012
Substituting for the absent teacher, the substitute was responsible for maintain classroom conduct and delivering the lesson that is left for the students.
rewarding and learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Intermediate Indian River Middle SchoolAugust 10, 2012
I would go in and sign in, get a badge. Go to a classroom and depending on the grade, I would have a lesson to go over or just bring the class to another classroom. I would switch classes and do a lesson, or answer questions for the students to ensure that the lesson was 100% understood. Kept the students in check and in a productive and safe and environment.
Pros
being close to my children
Cons
pay did not justify duties
fun and challenging
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2012
While my husband deployed overseas, I was asked to translate documents from Spanish into English and cice versa. I was then asked to substitute and I had great opportunities. Made great friendships and learned how to deal with many personalities.
Pros
friends, distance to our home
Cons
pay and no career advancement possibilities
There is a never a monotonus day
District Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, NYJuly 30, 2012
As a substitute you get to experience different classroom and different school. It is a great job because you get to know more what the campus of education and teaching is all about.