Indian River School District

Indian River School District Employer Reviews

Good place to work with holiday's off
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, NYFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: having snow days off with pay.
Cons: snow removeal.
Productive, Learned how to associate with different types of people, management and co-workers were good to work with, snow removal was the hardest part of the job, working with the staff.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Selbyville, DESeptember 13, 2012
Substituting for the absent teacher, the substitute was responsible for maintain classroom conduct and delivering the lesson that is left for the students.
rewarding and learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Intermediate Indian River Middle SchoolAugust 10, 2012
Pros: being close to my children
Cons: pay did not justify duties
I would go in and sign in, get a badge. Go to a classroom and depending on the grade, I would have a lesson to go over or just bring the class to another classroom. I would switch classes and do a lesson, or answer questions for the students to ensure that the lesson was 100% understood. Kept the students in check and in a productive and safe and environment.
fun and challenging
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 10, 2012
Pros: friends, distance to our home
Cons: pay and no career advancement possibilities
While my husband deployed overseas, I was asked to translate documents from Spanish into English and cice versa. I was then asked to substitute and I had great opportunities. Made great friendships and learned how to deal with many personalities.
There is a never a monotonus day
District Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, NYJuly 30, 2012
As a substitute you get to experience different classroom and different school. It is a great job because you get to know more what the campus of education and teaching is all about.